Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had mine today. - didn't even feel it going in. It's the first dose (Moderna) and many people have no reaction to it. I don't even have a sore arm - maybe tomorrow (I'd like to think it's working).

Had mine today. - didn't even feel it going in. It's the first dose (Moderna) and many people have no reaction to it. I don't even have a sore arm - maybe tomorrow (I'd like to think it's working).

Great that you got your shot! My husband had both shots and had a little bit of reaction to the first shot (sore neck muscles) but absolutely no reaction to the 2nd shot!!

Received first round today and so far no problems. Second dose is on the 13th, Pfizer. I take my mother to get her second shot on Tuesday, hers is Moderna. She hasn't had any complications and I hope the next round doesn't make her ill. I have had a few friends say they were nauseous, muscle aches after the second.

Just home from receiving my first Moderna vaccine. I was able to drive 15 minutes over to next county where I had scheduled an appointment and was a delightful process, smooth as could be! My county is doing mass vaccines with no appointments, daily news feed of folks spending 4-5 hours in line, and it being shut down once they run out of the vaccine. Definitely worth the 15 minute drive!

Here is an interesting fact: in the clinic where I am working today, every single employee from the receptionists to the doctors has either

1. had COVID vaccines
or
2. had COVID

A striking example of why healthcare workers need to have COVID vaccinations.

Just home from receiving my first Moderna vaccine. I was able to drive 15 minutes over to next county where I had scheduled an appointment and was a delightful process, smooth as could be! My county is doing mass vaccines with no appointments, daily news feed of folks spending 4-5 hours in line, and it being shut down once they run out of the vaccine. Definitely worth the 15 minute drive!

Congratulations on getting your first shot! It sounds like your county needs to look at what the next county is doing, IMO. :)

Just got the Moderna jab about a half hour ago here at my Retirement Community.

Did not like the way they organized it here at all. Family members were allowed to sign up too (that was fine by me) but the thing is- for FOUR hours they were all packed into one room waiting for the shots with residents. Residents were first - so that was 125 of us- then family...some even brought their kids! (not to get shots, but to mingle and run around and wait with them) I saw zero social distancing and lots of gaitor type masks and lots of noses poking out, and what I never understand is how staff NEEDS to pull down their masks to speak to you...its nuts. I waited in my apartment until the very end- then went down quickly and got it over with- still heaps of folks hanging out in a small unventilated space. I was the only one double masked and with a shield. I even saw one resident pull his mask down to cough loudly into the room of people....it boggles my mind.

Last edited:
I answered "No" to getting the vaccine within 30 days when this poll was started. I wanted the opportunity to speak with my primary care physician about the vaccine and experiences of her other geriatric patients who got the shot. She had the Pfizer vaccine herself and had no issues with it (she's 50). Several of her older patients had the vaccine before I saw her on February 9 and also had no problems. Dr. K encouraged me to get the shot when it's offered to me. Dh and I are registered with Beaumont Health and Oakland County Health Department in Michigan. We are 72 and 71 and hope to be contacted early next month for our vaccinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz