Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 90 year old father-in-law in Florida has completed his 2 doses of the Moderna vaccine. No side effects for him other than sore arm and fatigue.

My youngest daughter (works p/t in dr office) in NYC had a first dose of Moderna 2 weeks ago, same with her, sore arm and fatigue.

DH and I have been approved here in NJ to receive the vaccine now but continue to find no available appointments anywhere in the State.

Dear friends..... I just turned on alarm for the number #2 vaccine which is due tomorrow. This is the Pfizer vaccine. I have had no problems with the first shot.
Thank you for all the information you give us.

well this is one happy old lady.....!!!!! I received the second Pfizer vaccine at
11:20 am....No pain....no rash....nothing to speak of.....

I am going to read about what I can do now.....I have wanted to drive to the Mississippi Coast and put my feet on the beach with a nectar snowball...!!!
I went on the sit and stay program on MardiGras, 2020 afternoon....that was
2/27/2020.

I have a package of masks KN95 for use during my travels.....already had
12 cloth masks.....the most comfortable ones were from Humana.
Well I guess you can tell I am high on life....lol. Love you all.....Lato

I received my 2nd Pfizer yesterday. I am 60 and received the vaccination early as a direct support professional for my son who has Down syndrome. (although that is my second job. I am also an attorney).
Just a little tired, a few aches, but no different than any other day Never let your children compete in gymnastics or they will pay for it after age 45

My 90 year old father-in-law in Florida has completed his 2 doses of the Moderna vaccine. No side effects for him other than sore arm and fatigue.

My youngest daughter (works p/t in dr office) in NYC had a first dose of Moderna 2 weeks ago, same with her, sore arm and fatigue.

DH and I have been approved here in NJ to receive the vaccine now but continue to find no available appointments anywhere in the State.
Hang in there...lots of appointments are opening up. The state is sending lots of emails that it's time to schedule vaccine. DH finally was able to make an appointment at Rowan College through this process.

Also, a local Salem County Hospital finally called my mom back and she and my brother are scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday, 2/6) first doses. It's a drive-through which makes it easy for her. My brother (handicapped and lives with her) has a birthday the next day. Great gift!

I got my first dose of Pfizer vaccine on Monday. I live in Oregon and qualified since I work with kids. I ended up having a pretty bad immune response to the vaccine. I do not regret getting it as I believe it’s our best defense, but had I known I would get sick, I would have planned accordingly and not done it at the beginning of the work week and on a lunch break.

I’ve been achy, fatigued, with sore throat, swollen lymph nodes and nausea all week. My second dose is scheduled for Saturday Feb 20th and I’m prepared in the event I need to take a few days off.

I wish I had talked to more people before getting the vaccine as I’m now learning more and more people are experiencing this. Again, I do not regret getting it in the slightest, I just wish I would have been more prepared. Rest, Tylenol, and ibuprofen have been getting me through.

I took my mom to get her 2nd shot today. She received Pfizer, and she had no reaction at all to the first shots I am hoping she doesn’t with this one.

My brother received his second shot last week, he is a healthcare worker and received Pfizer too. He said he had a only headache and a sore arm.

So my mom, my brother and I all have had both COVID vaccinations now.

I’ve had both Pfizer shots. I work in a mental health clinic. I had short lived side effects each time - 2nd time was worse. But I am thrilled to have had the opportunity to get vaccinated. My 83 yr old father has had 2 Moderna vaccines with less side effects than me. I feel better about being around him. I feel better about being at work. Let’s all get vaccinated and get rid of this virus!

I took my mom to get her 2nd shot today. She received Pfizer, and she had no reaction at all to the first shots I am hoping she doesn’t with this one.

My brother received his second shot last week, he is a healthcare worker and received Pfizer too. He said he had a only headache and a sore arm.

So my mom, my brother and I all have had both COVID vaccinations now.

I’ve had both Pfizer shots. I work in a mental health clinic. I had short lived side effects each time - 2nd time was worse. But I am thrilled to have had the opportunity to get vaccinated. My 83 yr old father has had 2 Moderna vaccines with less side effects than me. I feel better about being around him. I feel better about being at work. Let’s all get vaccinated and get rid of this virus!

That is wonderful! I love hearing about people who have been vaccinated. My son doesn't expect to be vaccinated until summer, but I keep hoping it will be sooner.

That is wonderful! I love hearing about people who have been vaccinated. My son doesn't expect to be vaccinated until summer, but I keep hoping it will be sooner.
Indiana has done an excellent job of getting vaccine to healthcare workers. I got my first shot December 19, my second January 9. This is much earlier than my friends in other states who are also healthcare workers.

When my mom got her shot yesterday, the nurse who administered it was very sweet. She chatted with her and explained every step of the process.

She gave her the shot and then told us to to follow the signs to the “Observation Area.” We laughed and said it sounded like we were going to see a scenic view. And there are no mountains here in Indiana.

After the 15 minute waiting period the nurse came and told mom she was free to leave. She told mom, “Go and live the vaccinated life!”

I had my second Pfizer shot on Monday. Not even the slightest bit of a sore arm this time and no other side effects either time. I had the virus early last summer (very mild case) and maybe that’s why I had no side effects from the shots or maybe that’s just how it played out. I didn’t expect any issues to pop up but I was pleased there were none. I highly recommend getting vaccinated.

Tonight is my appointment for vaccine #1

My daughter said she is picking me up an hour earlier than necessary because she "doesn't want to take any chances"

Made me smile:)
Congratulations! I sat in that parking lot a full hour before both of my shots. I didn’t want to take chances, either. I was so excited. To be fair, I traveled a ways and often the traffic can back up.

Congratulations! I sat in that parking lot a full hour before both of my shots. I didn’t want to take chances, either. I was so excited. To be fair, I traveled a ways and often the traffic can back up.

I'm so excited too!:)

Yes, you're right - so many things could happen on the way - traffic, flat tire, etc

My parents always told me:
Better safe than sorry

Negative Post Rant...

I am SO tired of people proclaiming how awesome it is that they are vaccinated. Great.

No date in sight for vaccine for me. Meanwhile, I am still going to work every day. I guess that I am not "essential", but somehow I am still expected to go to work every day.

Just extremely negative about people who joyously proclaim their vaccine status, when so many of us have zero opportunity for a vaccine.

Negative Post Rant...

I am SO tired of people proclaiming how awesome it is that they are vaccinated. Great.

No date in sight for vaccine for me. Meanwhile, I am still going to work every day. I guess that I am not "essential", but somehow I am still expected to go to work every day.

Just extremely negative about people who joyously proclaim their vaccine status, when so many of us have zero opportunity for a vaccine.
How is it rolling out there Mickey? Is it not most vulnerable and healthworkers first?

We're due our first jab by April if the plan stays on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz