Could Lee Anthony face charges for obstruction of justice? PART TWO

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this normal that lawyers go on the record seeking immunity??? or letting others know what is down the road potentially???? this just seems odd---almost like a dare to LE---I still think that once they hire someone to represent all of a sudden we get them on all the media outlets...when do these atty's practice law???? then they complain about the media convicting ----makes no sense :waitasec:

Everly, yes, aiding and abetting was mentioned too:

<<"Not because he has done anything wrong," said Thomas Luka. As a former prosecutor, Luka said that the State Attorney's Office could seek to charge Lee with obstruction of justice or aiding and abetting, even if was not Lee's intention to do so. >>

Is this normal that lawyers go on the record seeking immunity??? or letting others know what is down the road potentially???? this just seems odd---almost like a dare to LE---I still think that once they hire someone to represent all of a sudden we get them on all the media outlets...when do these atty's practice law???? then they complain about the media convicting ----makes no sense :waitasec:

Perhaps it is a dare to LE. Perhaps KC cut off her nose to spite her face when she told her boyfriends that her brother "wanted her". Now that that tidbit has become public and Caylee has been found dead-LA might WANT to testify against that "spiteful b*&@!" I'd say his lawyers public tactics are the exact oppisite of normal...but then again, for this case, is there a normal anymore??

As I'm re-reading LA's interview on July 29th, I feel as though I'm reading them for the first time and in a whole new light. LA is telling EE & ME (detectives) the content of the conversation he had with KC on July 15th, while alone in KC's bedroom with her, CA had gone outside to call 911, came back into the house momentarily to announce loud enough for KC to hear her say, "The cops are on their way and she's going to have to prove it", then CA went back outside to vent, per LA's statement. At his point, KC has not said that Caylee is missing or had been kidnapped by the nanny or the name "Zanny" - (ZG)

(Bolded by me) (my comments in blue)
LA: And I said, "So you got to understand this is what's going to happen, when the officer arrives", I was like, I was like, "Let's go through this right now", I said, "Because I don't understand what what your going to do here". This statement alone tells me that LA knows KC is gone and I don't mean simply "gone" as in at/with the nanny. Why doesn't LA know what KC's going to do here? KC said that Caylee was with the nanny - she hadn't yet disclosed to him that Caylee was missing, let alone missing for 31 days and kidnapped by the nanny. LA is familiar with the term "nanny", that wasn't new to him. Caylee's childcare provider had been referred to as "nanny" for at least a couple of years, albeit not "Zanny", but, LA hadn't even heard the name "Zanny" out of KC's mouth at this point and time in they're conversation. Why didn't LA just assume that perhaps KC is just being a "spiteful bit@h", just like she had claimed and simply didn't want CA to know where Caylee was out of fear that CA would keep (file for custody of) Caylee. In that case, KC would have met LE outside when they arrived, requested to speak with them privately and explained the situation. (conflict in the family) She would have agreed to take LE to Caylee's location to verify that she was in fact, okay, and had LE convey that information to CA to put her mind at ease. ??

Now if...
LA had said to KC "I don't understand what your going to do here" after KC told him that Caylee was missing + missing for 31 days + nanny kidnapped her, it still doesn't work. It would be reasonable for LA to be angry with KC for keeping it to herself, for not telling the family and for not reporting it to LE, and panicked at just finding out but he understands what she has to do.

Had...
LE arrived and questioned KC and got stonewalled or if KC had agreed to take LE to where Caylee was, only to have been led on a wild goose chase, (i.e, my office at universal...) then I could see LA, at that point realizing that KC had a problem (and something has happened to Caylee!) and asking the question, "what, what are you going to do here?"

I think LA may have a problem and the first question he probably asked TL was, "Can we go through this, because I just don't understand what what I'm going to do?"

Truth sounds good to me. Give it a try, you just might like it Lee!

The last thread went off in all directions, this thread is only for discussing Lee's potential charges, not the potential charges of someone else.

Speculate about LEE, just don't veer too far off course that takes away from the the subject of the thread.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply Tom'sGirl.

I had earlier posted an interesting piece of Luka's press release, about what he says the charges are NOT about.....which leads me to believe Lee's charges may indeed be about someone else's charges. Time will tell all.

Rough transcript of CNN video (see link)

Reporter: I’m trying to make some sense and figure out what you are saying. His sister asked him to do something that he thought was an innocent request and maybe it wasn’t so innocent? That he threw something out and.......? Am I getting warmer?

Luka: Well actually you’re not. You’re very cold.

Reporter: Really???

Luka: ....He had talked to Casey several times in jail at law enforcements request. He has fully cooperated with police......

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=49276953

...and now LA plays the "police officer", keep in mind KC, at this point, still had notsupposedly mentioned that Caylee was missing to LA...

LA: I said, "the officer is going to say, you know, good evening Mrs. Anthony, uhm, where's your daughter?", "That's exactly what he is going to say and what are you going to say?" and she says, "She's with the nanny, she's sleeping". and then again, playing the role of the police officer and the scenerio, I say to my sister, "Great Mrs. Anthony, I'm so happy to hear that. That's going to be a relief for everybody. So hop in the car. Your Mom's going follow. Let's go get her". When I look at my sister for the response she's she's got this look on her face like...
Honestly, Who does this!? Why would someone do this? Why did LA even feel the need to play out this "scenerio", to play the role of a police officer questioning KC?Pleezzzzzzzzz!! IMO, again, it doesn't fit in with the order in which he claims/states that the information was disclosed to him by KC.

IMO, I think LA knew ALOT more from day 1. I'm just not sure if it's day 1 as in July 15th or a different (earlier) day 1...

At the very least could he be charged impersonating an officer? (jk)
843.08 Falsely personating officer, etc. (Everly's post,TY!)

Most of the lawyers involved in this case seem far more interested in their own press than the best interests of their clients. Part of me wonders if LA's lawyer just wanted his 15 minutes, and that's why he made those statements.

Where I come from lawyers are barred from talking about their cases to the press while the case is still running....seeing what is going on here, I think it is a good thing. Many lawyers just can't seem to keep their egos in check.

...and now LA plays the "police officer", keep in mind KC, at this point, still had notsupposedly mentioned that Caylee was missing to LA...

LA: I said, "the officer is going to say, you know, good evening Mrs. Anthony, uhm, where's your daughter?", "That's exactly what he is going to say and what are you going to say?" and she says, "She's with the nanny, she's sleeping". and then again, playing the role of the police officer and the scenerio, I say to my sister, "Great Mrs. Anthony, I'm so happy to hear that. That's going to be a relief for everybody. So hop in the car. Your Mom's going follow. Let's go get her". When I look at my sister for the response she's she's got this look on her face like...
Honestly, Who does this!? Why would someone do this? Why did LA even feel the need to play out this "scenerio", to play the role of a police officer questioning KC?Pleezzzzzzzzz!! IMO, again, it doesn't fit in with the order in which he claims/states that the information was disclosed to him by KC.

IMO, I think LA knew ALOT more from day 1. I'm just not sure if it's day 1 as in July 15th or a different (earlier) day 1...

At the very least could he be charged impersonating an officer? (jk)
843.08 Falsely personating officer, etc. (Everly's post,TY!)

I've always been bothered by this line of quesitoning from la.....it was like writting the script of lies....working out the story line....just didn't make sense......:waitasec:

I've always been bothered by this line of quesitoning from la.....it was like writting the script of lies....working out the story line....just didn't make sense......:waitasec:

I didn't see it that way at all. To me, it seemed like someone speaking to a child, leading her down a path of realization, trying to make KC understand what the logical result of her ridiculous story was going to be. Instead of saying, "KC, that's bs and you know it", (and starting an argument that would result in KC shutting down)he's trying to make her come to her own logical conclusion that nobody was going to believe her, and she needed to tell the whole truth.

JMHO

It never sat right with me but then came Cin....diverted my attention. Now with the recent possible OJ charges against LA, I starting taking another lookie see.

I didn't see it that way at all. To me, it seemed like someone speaking to a child, leading her down a path of realization, trying to make KC understand what the logical result of her ridiculous story was going to be. Instead of saying, "KC, that's bs and you know it", (and starting an argument that would result in KC shutting down)he's trying to make her come to her own logical conclusion that nobody was going to believe her, and she needed to tell the whole truth.

JMHO

Marple I thought that initially myself and that would make sense - if LA had known "her ridiculous" story when he was "leading her down a path of realization" - KC hadn't admitted, at that point and time in their conversation, that Caylee had been missing, there was no "Zanny the nanny kidnapped Caylee" story spoken of at that time. (AISI)

..continuation from Part 1
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77084&page=27

If Lee’s potential OJ/aiding and abetting charges elude to the timeline that he and Jesse constructed, my theory doesn’t fit to implicate either GA or CA. It only implicates Jesse...no one else. He spoke to the friends before anyone else including before the police, and before GA/CA knew who Casey’s friends were.

The reason I believe Lee’s lawyer has issued this press release is that very soon we’re going to see other charges laid out on the table. Then everything that Lee’s lawyer has said will make perfect sense.

What other reason for Lee’s lawyer to “throw him under the bus” would there be but to play the cat and mouse game. I’m willing to bet the entire defense team is listening. We know Casey is not likely to talk, but if even ONE other person on this earth knows what happened to Caylee, Casey goes down the tubes and there goes their opportunity to perform.

Can’t you see everyone hanging on in anticipation....WHAT DID LEE DO TO COVER FOR CASEY?.....then the bombshell is dropped and we find he did nothing wrong at all. Only that Lee was innocently involved in trying to find answers as to where Caylee was, not knowing the person he was creating this timeline with needed information from Casey's friends to cover his own butt.

I had posted this at the end of the last thread. This is a portion of that same press release. I noticed that Luka’s manner is almost jovial. IMO something is coming down in the New Year.
Rough transcript of CNN video (see link)

Reporter: I’m trying to make some sense and figure out what you are saying. His sister asked him to do something that he thought was an innocent request and maybe it wasn’t so innocent? That he threw something out and.......? Am I getting warmer?

Luka: Well actually you’re not. You’re very cold.

Reporter: Really???

Luka: ....He had talked to Casey several times in jail at law enforcements request. He has fully cooperated with police......

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=49276953

Lee, and his parents are the only ones with anything to worry about.
This Jesse business is just silly and OT.

Marple I thought that initially myself and that would make sense - if LA had known "her ridiculous" story when he was "leading her down a path of realization" - KC hadn't admitted, at that point and time in their conversation, that Caylee had been missing, there was no "Zanny the nanny kidnapped Caylee" story spoken of at that time. (AISI)

I understand. But I think with their history, he knew there was more to the story and she was hiding something. He knew that eventually the truth would come out and he was trying to hurry her along, suspecting that she knew more than she was admitting but at this point, IMO, had no idea how horrendous the truth would be.

He probably thought she was just being a little S&@$, as usual, giving Mom a hard time. It seems he was accustomed to refereeing these continuous power struggles between mom and daughter.

I understand. But I think with their history, he knew there was more to the story and she was hiding something. He knew that eventually the truth would come out and he was trying to hurry her along, suspecting that she knew more than she was admitting but at this point, IMO, had no idea how horrendous the truth would be.

He probably thought she was just being a little S&@$, as usual, giving Mom a hard time. It seems he was accustomed to refereeing these continuous power struggles between mom and daughter.

I disagree but I do hope that your right - :)

JMHO

To lend your opinion more credibility, this is what the brother alluded to in his statement to OCSO, which is part of the first or second document release. He talks about how his mother would start with Casey, which was all confrontational and appears to be "you're wrong and I'm right" scenario between the 2 of them and his focus was to get her to talk to him, to open up. His statements to her in her first jailhouse call where she's looking for her boyfriend's number are priceless and some of the most direct and honest from him I'd hear until reading his OCSO statement.

Her father, on the other hand, displayed a similiar tactic (albeit not very successful) in action during his individual jail visit with Casey before Caylee's birthday. He didn't accuse Casey of anything and focused soley on Caylee -- constant Caylee. Casey sobbed the entire 45 minutes of his visit and tried to leverage that (as he knew she would) to manipulate her father into getting her out of jail sooner. It ended, as her brother's did initially, as a stalemate.

To lend your opinion more credibility, this is what the brother alluded to in his statement to OCSO, which is part of the first or second document release. He talks about how his mother would start with Casey, which was all confrontational and appears to be "you're wrong and I'm right" scenario between the 2 of them and his focus was to get her to talk to him, to open up. His statements to her in her first jailhouse call where she's looking for her boyfriend's number are priceless and some of the most direct and honest from him I'd hear until reading his OCSO statement.

Her father, on the other hand, displayed a similiar tactic (albeit not very successful) in action during his individual jail visit with Casey before Caylee's birthday. He didn't accuse Casey of anything and focused soley on Caylee -- constant Caylee. Casey sobbed the entire 45 minutes of his visit and tried to leverage that (as he knew she would) to manipulate her father into getting her out of jail sooner. It ended, as her brother's did initially, as a stalemate.

I'm not sure how lending one's opinion in response to another's opinion adds credibility... but it certainly does add another opinion. JAHO

Lee, and his parents are the only ones with anything to worry about.
This Jesse business is just silly and OT.

It's so highly unusual for a lawyer to announce charges "might" be laid, because that leads us to believe his client is guilty of something though doesn't it? Luka acted as though he would welcome the charges. Most odd.

That tells me this is nothing about Lee and everything about rattling someone else out there. Maybe the defense team? Time will tell.

I can't hardly believe that the anthony family not only knew that Caylee was dead but that they willfully and knowlingly went on TV and continued this charade that Caylee was alive and had been kidnapped.

So either Lee figured this out on his own or casey told him, just exactly when did she tell him...not when she was in jail..so when did Lee know what he knows and when did he tell cindy and george?

They certainly had a moral obligation to Caylee to not leave her lying in a garbage bag down the street, this is just ridiculous. How can these people live with themselves.:eek:

I am so disgusted with this family I really hope that the SA's does not give them immunity, they don't deserve it.

Wait, wait!! What if you were right to begin with? NOT believing they knew Caylee was gone!! That would have been some acting they've done all these months. Personally, I don't think they knew a damn thing. KC was having way too much fun manipulating the lot of them! Watch her face in the jail visit vids. she can barely control her glee when giving them ridiculous messages in 'code', knowing they were trying to find an alive Caylee in her made up stories.

Seriously go back and watch her face, knowing that we now know Caylee was lying dead in a pond, wrapped in a plastic bag, right down the street from her parents house. How could she do this to her family? People who supported her, believed in her when no one else in the world believed a word she was saying. She used these people, her family, in some sick, perverted game that only she knew about!! She gave them 'hints' where to find this sweet baby, who according to her could have been anywhere!! She disgusts me.

Lee may have "figured out" Caylee was gone the same way all of us did. How hard was it? It was quite simple actually, the hard part was believing Caylee was alive when every single bit of evidence pointed to her death. But he couldn't tell his parents what he thought! It would have killed them to hear it. They weren't ready to believe their sweet Caylee was gone, taken from them by her own mother. So sad what their daughter put them thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl