Could Lee Anthony face charges for obstruction of justice?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched both videos and having read the article, I have to say that I would agree with other posters. Something is coming down. (MOO)

Listen to both videos and see if you do not think that the attorney, TL, is spinning in advance of two different types of potential charges against LA.

1. Obstruction of Justice or Aiding and Abetting.

2. Misappropriation of donated funds from the public.

ABSOLUTELY!

:winkaway:

Well, the whole family has been peeled like an onion and their dynamics are exposed for the world to see. In my view, lying or dismissing elements in life that didn't suit Cindy (being the leader of the family) were elements of that dynamic. Lee was nurtured in the same environment and so it is very likely he obfuscated, misled or obstructed the investigation. Whether it is wise to charge any member of this family is one important question--based on what has happened so far, I do not think it wise.
If however, there is continued lying from members of the family directly to investigators or as the result of depositions, testimony, subpoended records, etc. then they must be charged. Perjury is still a crime no matter what one of their heroes did on the national stage.

This issue was discussed and investigated at length in a thread called Anthony's Donations with several parts. I do believe that the hard work of all sleuthers on that thread will see the fruits of their labor in regards to LA and the solicitation of donations.

As far as the tampering of evidence, does anyone remember what TonE said about the blue screen being present/not present prior to LA coming to get her stuff? IIRC, Casey had been on her computer when her Mom and AH showed up, per TonE's statement to LE.

goodship100.jpg
Nice!:)

Trust me a good forensics team knows the diference between a legitimate PC failure and an attempt to manually destroy data. And no you will not typically get a blue screen following an improper shut down. There is an extremely rare situation where it might occur, providing there was already some underlying hardware issue. This would be real obvious to the techs.

They know exactly when that drive was trashed. They know it occured while KC was accounted for. They know it occured while LA was "retrieving" the Laptop. He deliberately went to a place KC had known to be staying and altered or tampered with evidence before LE could retrieve it.

They have the absolute strongest obstruction case against him. Yes CA probably destroyed evidence when she washed the pants, and GA when he cleaned the trunk. But there are multiple ways of interpreting those. GA certainly knows how close to the line he can skirt before he is in obstruction teritory. This is clearly apparent from his LE interviews. LA has a big problem with that laptop.

I wanted to point something out about the blue screen/computer situation. On July 15, Cindy left messages for Casey about finding the car at the tow yard. These are in the cell records. Tony said Casey was on the laptop while he and the roommate played video games. I checked, and the times work with messages, pings, interviews of people Casey was picking up at airport, etc., that Casey was on the laptop after she got Cindy's messages.

If Casey thought Cindy was going to get her laptop back, it could very well be that it was Casey who was deleting stuff from the laptop (we also know from LE that Casey deleted), and that it was Casey who did something to the laptop to cause the blue screen error.

Just to note, the reason I was researching this was to look for signs of 'panic' on Casey's part when she got the messages from Cindy about the towed car being found. I was actually looking to see mostly if Casey did anything that looked like she was going to Caylee's body, maybe to move it. But I was looking for 'panic' in general. Casey on the laptop was the only sign of possible panic I saw, if she was in fact deleting things. (Casey's a non-panic girl - smooth operator - typical sociopath.)

I'm not trying to stand up for Lee. He's an odd duck, and definitely did a lot that I question.

I wanted to point something out about the blue screen/computer situation. On July 15, Cindy left messages for Casey about finding the car at the tow yard. These are in the cell records. Tony said Casey was on the laptop while he and the roommate played video games. I checked, and the times work with messages, pings, interviews of people Casey was picking up at airport, etc., that Casey was on the laptop after she got Cindy's messages.

If Casey thought Cindy was going to get her laptop back, it could very well be that it was Casey who was deleting stuff from the laptop (we also know from LE that Casey deleted), and that it was Casey who did something to the laptop to cause the blue screen error.

Just to note, the reason I was researching this was to look for signs of 'panic' on Casey's part when she got the messages from Cindy about the towed car being found. I was actually looking to see mostly if Casey did anything that looked like she was going to Caylee's body, maybe to move it. But I was looking for 'panic' in general. Casey on the laptop was the only sign of possible panic I saw, if she was in fact deleting things. (Casey's a non-panic girl - smooth operator - typical sociopath.)

I'm not trying to stand up for Lee. He's an odd duck, and definitely did a lot that I question.

Bean - do you have a link to the TonE interview? What does he say about the blue screen?

Thanks Bean. I can't seem to find anything that TonE said about the blue screen in either interview. I know the blue screen was discussed, maybe just with LA?

Oh Lord, I'm just reading the article and getting ready to watch the videos.

the attorney representing Casey's brother, tells MyFoxOrlando.com that Lee Anthony may also face charges.

"Not because he has done anything wrong," said Thomas Luka.

Not because he has done anything wrong? Then what, because it's a slow time of year and they're bored? :rolleyes:

Thanks Bean. I can't seem to find anything that TonE said about the blue screen in either interview. I know the blue screen was discussed, maybe just with LA?

I could swear that somewhere Anthony said *something* about the blue screen. That he'd seen it when LA was there. You could look in the audio files on that same website and see if there's another interview but I think there were just the two.

Now you've got me curious. I'll poke around and see if I can find anything :)

IIRC Casey was on a laptop when Cindy got there.

Ooh...something tells me Lee has stepped in big doodoo. I always thought it was improper as all get out that he was suggesting people to make donations to his PayPal. Maybe his past is finally catching up to him.

and Mallory's mom is in charge of the New TRUST FUND after all the allegations of mishandling of funds. Nejames? released copies of all the records..... None of this made any sense.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

The only thing is...LA claimed the laptop had a blue screen...that's a virus (windows). Don't know how he'd be able to contract that on his own.

Not so. There are lots of various bluescreens that can appear in windows. Some of them show up upon missing system critical files, bad drivers, corrupted files, hardware faults, or viruses (which cause missing or corrupted files).

Look up "Stop Errors" in Windows

If he did delete the files the hard disk will tell when he did this or attempted to by a time stamp (unless he screwed with the clock in bios). If your crime is on the computer it would be wiser to take out the hard disk and exchange it. :waitasec:

Here is a link with a few common Stop Error (Blue Screen) causes
http://www.theeldergeek.com/stop_error_messages.htm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lee tell LE that he didn't get home from TL's the night of the 15th till 2AM? He picked up KC's phone that night at TL's and it pinged in the A's neighborhood at 11:55PM on the 15th. What was he doing for 2 hours....maybe sitting in his car deleting stuff from KC's computer or cellphone?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lee tell LE that he didn't get home from TL's the night of the 15th till 2AM? He picked up KC's phone that night at TL's and it pinged in the A's neighborhood at 11:55PM on the 15th. What was he doing for 2 hours....maybe sitting in his car deleting stuff from KC's computer or cellphone?

hmmmm. Good catch. If it pinged from the A's neighborhood, he could have also been at his house. Maybe going thru Caseys stuff before he turned it over to le? There is no telling what he might have found and got rid of.

hmmmm. Good catch. If it pinged from the A's neighborhood, he could have also been at his house. Maybe going thru Caseys stuff before he turned it over to le? There is no telling what he might have found and got rid of.

What he tried to get rid of. If the stop error is there his attempts at deletion were probably futile as it appears like destroyed a system critical file and locked him out of Windows. Those files were still there-all of them. All you do when you delete a file is mark that space available for new information. The file is still there though and can easily be retrieved. I've pulled photos off drives that have been deleted for several years. I've even retrieved deleted music files from my mp3 player even after the recycle bin is empty. It is pretty easy. In the hacker community, for several years it was fun to get old drives from the Salvation Army and see what was on them.

I could swear that somewhere Anthony said *something* about the blue screen. That he'd seen it when LA was there. You could look in the audio files on that same website and see if there's another interview but I think there were just the two.

Now you've got me curious. I'll poke around and see if I can find anything :)

I remember reading that somewhere too. I think I remember him saying that the blue screen was there when LA came to pick up her things. Now, I just have to find where I read that!!

Just checked Lee's interview and he did tell LE on page 1445 that he got home from TL's at 2:25AM, yet KC's phone pinged at 11:55PM in the A's neighborhood. He LIED!!

He says he went to TL's at midnight and was sure of the time because he looked at the clock:

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...thony/1/lg/DOC_20080923141138_000_Page_21.htm

I took notes of the pings from KC's phone and it pinged very little after the 27th in the A's area. It hadn't pinged at all in that aread between the 9th-till 11:55PM on the 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes