DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiggins rode in van, hid Billings' safe. See PNJ.com article
I'm not sure how to link it!

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090716/...Billings--safe

WOH!

From that story:

Before the planned invasion of the Billingses’ compound, a red minivan was left near the Beulah crime scene to aid in the planned escape, investigators said.

That minivan belonged to Pamela Wiggins, according to a police report.

Defendants cooperating with investigators said that the guns used during the robbery and killings were transferred into Wiggins’ minivan which was later observed at a her antique business in the 4300 of Gulf Breeze Parkway, according to an arrest report.

Wiggins was a passenger while the Billingses’ safe and the guns were in the van “and had knowledge these weapons were used by the suspects during the commission of the home invasion (and) double homicide.”

A neighbor reported that a second red vehicle sped away from Gonzalez Sr.’s Palm Court home in Escambia County with several people inside.

Hugh Wiggins, her husband, told investigators during an interview that the safe was stolen during the robbery at the Billingses’ home and was hidden in the back yard of one of his wife’s homes, the report said.

Property records show that Wiggins owns at least six pieces of property in Santa Rosa County. The arrest report doesn’t indicate where the safe was found.

I renew my thoughts above that she was released to provide more information later.

She soooooooo needs to be :behindbar with the rest of them, though, imo.

Valuable evidence found in slaying of Florida couple

Story Highlights
NEW: State attorney says safe and guns, including one used in crime, found
Police plan interviews of two more people; believe that may crack the case
8 charged in Byrd and Melanie Billings killings, shot in Florida with 9 children present
Sheriff David Morgan compares case to infamous 1969 Charles Manson murders

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/16/florida.couple.killed/index.html

OKay, the above mentioned lawsuits -- there are different property LLC names that are similar but I don't see a connection with Pamela Long - still digging...

~~~snipped for space

ETA: It makes legal sense for them to release as LITTLE information as possible so those involved down the road don't realize they're being sought. Also, it makes sense to even give some 'misguided' information to those POIs to make the confess.

One thing we have in our favor as far as sleuthing, is that this crime occurred in Florida. With the Sunshine Law, it will not be long before we will have access to much more information about the case, the suspects, the investigation and the evidence.

A couple new items:

From: http://www.wkrg.com/crime/article/m...d-money-troubles/188594/Jul-16-2009_12-47-pm/

"...David Melenkevitz, a spokesman for the DEA, said his agency is assisting with the investigation but would not comment further. He said Escambia County officials have also sought help from other federal agencies including the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives..."

From: http://www.wkrg.com/crime/article/pamela-long-wiggins-role-in-the-crime/188759/Jul-16-2009_1-47-pm/

"...On Monday, the Escambia County Sheriff's Office searched her home. Neither the safe, nor the guns were found. Two days later, Wiggins' husband, Hugh, told investigators the safe was buried in the backyard of one of her homes...."

That's the first I've seen where it stated "buried." I'm trying to find the arrest report for her, but haven't yet.

Wiggins rode in van, hid Billings' safe. See PNJ.com article
I'm not sure how to link it!

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090716/NEWS01/90716008/Wiggins-rode-in-van--hid-Billings--safe

That is a very confusing article. They reference a red mini-van that belonged to PLW which I believe is not to be confused with the larger red passenger van seen on the security camera tapes.

Some might think she was in the big red van while at the crime scene but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Yet, the article said she was a passenger in the van while it held the safe and guns. Was the safe transferred to the red minivan?

I truly wish these reporters would write their stories with more clarity.

How did Hugh know where the safe was located? I thought he and his wife were separated. His earlier statement about Pamela Wiggins knowing "goodfellas, henchmen" is also intriguing.

"...On Monday, the Escambia County Sheriff's Office searched her home. Neither the safe, nor the guns were found. Two days later, Wiggins' husband, Hugh, told investigators the safe was buried in the backyard of one of her homes...."

Two thoughts here: since Hugh knew about the safe being buried in the backyard, does that make him an accessory also? Pretty telling about PLW and her husband's relationship, don't you think?

That was an ex-husband, Jimmy Malden, who said that. Hugh Wiggins ins the latest husband.

Hope this helps.

BTW, WEAR TV side at the start of their 11 a.m. newscast that the reason the press conference was delayed was because The State Atty and the Sheriff could not agree on what information could/would be released.

These two are not 100% on the same page. One minute one says "this is it" and the other says "we're still looking."

But, oh how I did love the comment "and people in Hell want ice water" by Morgan yesterday.

ETA: It makes legal sense for them to release as LITTLE information as possible so those involved down the road don't realize they're being sought. Also, it makes sense to even give some 'misguided' information to those POIs to make the confess.
OT: The sheriff and state attorney are like a microcosm of the world of sleuth hounds here at WS. The sheriff can barely contain his passion over discoveries and pursuits like those here at WS who are eager to share their research and deductions, while the state atty is like those among us who reign things in, demanding (ever so politely & gently) ;) clarity, the citing of sources, and reminding us of established limits. A fit & proper balance IMO.

I was looking into this yesterday...

And have been trying to figure out the rhyme and reason for why they are charged the way they are. Still out on that one LOL

There's mention of forced entry at both doors, which puzzles me.

A couple other "wonder why's" - it only took 4 mins inside the home...so why did it take 10 mins outside? Since PLW has been seen with LPG,Jr's wife and children since the murders, why aren't we hearing anything about his wife? Just seems odd to me...

Sorry for redundancy, but am just another newby trying to figure this out. I do appreciate your patience with us newbies - some of you are just amazing, and it's sort of intimidating! :)

I think we should go back to the video and take note of the order the guys run into the house. They do it single file...so once they ran up to the house did they go inside one at a time or did they gather along the side of the house and rush in all together....

Notes on JPG, Jr.'s arrest report states there were three armed men, two carrying long guns (one possibly a pump shotgun) and one carrying a hand gun. All three armed men got out of the red van. Shell casings at site were 9mm (which is handgun, right?). In his interview, Sr. said Jr. and Coldiron entered with handguns - didn't mention the third person being armed. Sr. ID'd Sumner from photo lineup as the driver of the light-colored SUV. Coldiron also ID'd Sumner from photo lineup as the driver of the SUV.

Both Thornton and the 16-yr-old stated they forcibly entered the residence, and while in the commission of the home invasion, the Billings were shot to death. The 16-year-old admitted to being armed. So since Sr. said both Jr. and Coldiron had handguns, would that make the 16-year-old be carrying a shotgun? Wonder if he was armed due to his age?

Sidenote - on Jr.'s arrest report, it states that he worked at Hondaworld in 1999 - is that in Pensacola?

It was Hondaland.

FIFY.

Chuck

have been trying to figure out the rhyme and reason for why they are charged the way they are. Still out on that one LOL
The state attorney briefly stated in this a.m.'s PC, in reference to the males who have been arrested to date, that "all defendants are charged w/2 open counts of murder" / "may be some confusion w/ paperwork" / "sheriffs office may need to amend arrest warrants."

Chuck - thanks for pointing that out - I edited my original post to reflect correct name.

KeenEyes, are you thinking what I'm thinking? They are relying on websleuths to keep them straight? :)

This may have already been discussed but-Could Long Wiggins be an undercover agent who did not know there was going to be murders? or an informant? The DEA and FBI have long monitored the M-13 gangs. Those 2 parents would have done anything to keep from dying I just wonder if one of these criminals had a personal vendetta against Mr. Billings?

ETA: It makes legal sense for them to release as LITTLE information as possible so those involved down the road don't realize they're being sought.

BBM. Might also be why they deleted the type of weapon in the arrest report for the minor? Could be a particular weapon commonly obtained illegally, or more common to particular groups?

Ugh...I'm watching CNN HLN. They keep showing clips of Pam Long being taken next door to the Escambia County jail. WHAT IS UP with all that smiling and smirking, and why is she "SASHAYING" (sp?) her way to the jail. What's she so happy about? Two people were brutally murdered, she had knowledge of it and may have even been a part of the plan - yet all she can do is flirt and smile for the cameras. If my t.v. were a portal to get to her - I swear I don't know if I could stop myself from reaching through it and knocking her head off!

I have addressed this before but I will do it again. The Billings adopted most of these children, all but 2, through private adoptions. That means NOONE TOOK them from anyone. Their bio parents felt they couldn't raise a child with disabilities so they searched out someone who could! The two children who were adopted from foster care were adopted because the Billings had already adopted a younger sibling with medical issues as a baby.

They didn't take anyone away from anyone else. They offered a loving home tochildren whose BIO parents did not want them.

I think that if we are to be moderated on the claims and information about the Billings that might be perceived in a bad light, then the people that are trying to perceive them in a good light should be moderated as well.

In actuality you have no proof or background documents if there was ever any "weird" or suspicious deals in adopting any of the children, or not. You simply don't know, and are repeating what you have heard. The only way to know that for sure is to examine the adoption papers of the children.

we should separate the emotions from this "investigation" as best we can or we will get dragged down in the argument of if they were good people or not.

So keep to the facts on both sides I say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindzk86