Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way was this a "simple" robbery, as the prior statements given by the sheriff and/or the state atty, do not add up to the "downplaying" the state atty seems to be trying to do now. ...This reeks of a contract hit and I'm finding it impossible to believe that anybody, even a drama king would go through that much trouble preparing for a simple robbery and manage to get that many people to go along with it, let alone train for it and put it into action.

That this is more than just a simple robbery has been made very obvious by Morgan. He has compared this crime at times to the Clutter Family Murders and the Tate Murders.

Both of these were "home invasions". In the first, the crime was planned in detail but the theives believed their was a a safe full of money, though there was not. In the second, the crime was a sub-plot in a bigger story, which was not fully exposed until a long time after the crime.

We know that Federal agencies are involved and Morgan has hinted about involvement outside of the USA. There is alot more to this story that we can possibly imagine at this time.

I believe Morgan is being directed to work ONLY on the local crime. As with the Tate Murders, the bigger picture will not be fully clear to the rest of us for years, if ever.

The PNJ is reporting the following today:
http://www.pnj.com/article/20090718/NEWS01/907180322/1006/RSS01

"Defendants get attorneys

-- Assistant Public Defender Tony Henderson said Friday that he will likely be one of a team of attorneys representing Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Sr.

-- Sharon Wilson will represent Wayne Coldiron.

-- Clinton Couch will represent Gary Lamont Sumner.

-- Cheryl Ann Alverson will represent Frederick Lee Thornton Jr.

-- As of Friday, Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Jr. and Pamela Wiggins did not have attorneys. Gonzalez Jr. is expected to have an attorney from the Office of Regional Conflict Council, which represents co-defendants of suspects represented by the Public Defender's Office. Wiggins was accompanied by attorney Charlie Wiggins to the Escambia County Sheriff's Office earlier this week.

-- Information was unavailable for Donald Ray Stallworth and Rakeem Chaney Florence."

Based on experience from living in Pensacola, sometimes the PNJ doesn't get it right.

Sorry if this has been posted already, havent' caught up yet.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D99GNHBO0&show_article=1&catnum=1

Looks like some of us aren't the only ones questioning the simplicity of just a "home robbery".

Sinp from article:
Byrd's background also includes a strange criminal case. In 1990, he and his second wife, Cindy Reeve, pleaded nolo contendere—which means they did not admit guilt but agreed to a punishment—to charges they doctored birth records and tried to obtain a newborn for $2,100. They both received two years probation which was later amended to a year.

If there really is a bigger story ...i have to wonder who are the undercover agents in all of this, and what part did they play in how this came down?

The PNJ is reporting the following today:
http://www.pnj.com/article/20090718/NEWS01/907180322/1006/RSS01

"Defendants get attorneys

-- Assistant Public Defender Tony Henderson said Friday that he will likely be one of a team of attorneys representing Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Sr.

-- Sharon Wilson will represent Wayne Coldiron.

-- Clinton Couch will represent Gary Lamont Sumner.

-- Cheryl Ann Alverson will represent Frederick Lee Thornton Jr.

-- As of Friday, Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Jr. and Pamela Wiggins did not have attorneys. Gonzalez Jr. is expected to have an attorney from the Office of Regional Conflict Council, which represents co-defendants of suspects represented by the Public Defender's Office. Wiggins was accompanied by attorney Charlie Wiggins to the Escambia County Sheriff's Office earlier this week.

-- Information was unavailable for Donald Ray Stallworth and Rakeem Chaney Florence."

Based on experience from living in Pensacola, sometimes the PNJ doesn't get it right.

Hmmm... The same Tony Henderson that defended LPP/G back in the 90s?

If so, very interesting *IF* this does turn out to be correct.

*rolls eyes* and *coughs* at one of the other attys listed.

Good morning all. Would like to clarify one issue and ask a few questions. First of all ref the kids meds as motive, as you all know I have seven adopted special kids and most of the receive SSI/medicaid by virtue of their adoption. Medicaid only allows one month to be dispensed at a time, unless there is a hurricane coming than they will authorize an extra two weeks for emergency purposes. IMO that doesn't fit the magnitude of this crime.
Questions: Were there security cameras on staff quarters? How far was this house from the main house? Was anyone there at that time. If someone was home did they not see the vehicles, 7 people? Did the family have any dogs (barking?)
Was the house broken into or did they answer the door?
Has there been anymore discovered ref the Maritime leins for millions of dollars. Could that be what they were looking for?
The reason I ask these questions is that this wonderful family was so visible because of the children and frankly my husband and I are in such a similar situation we are scared to death probably irrationally but nevertheless scared of copycat situations. Have nursing agency people in my home at all times, deliveries for medical supplies, pool people etc. Appreciate any input and all questions are IMO.

Okay. I'm stuck on Tabithia.

She's missing and has been for while?

If she's still missing, has anyone reliable seen her? If not, isn't it possible she might not even be alive? These people don't, after all, seem to mind killing people.

I'm not sure about that. While they didn't mind killing the Billings', they didn't touch the children. Didn't some of the kids see the perps ?

I MUST HAVE MISSED THIS ....
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-07-16-florida-deaths_N.htm

By Donna Leinwand, USA TODAY
The suspects in the shooting deaths of a Florida couple who adopted disabled children have ties to illegal drug activity and a gang, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said in an interview.
Information about drugs and weapons found by police was passed to federal law enforcement authorities, including the FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration, Morgan said. Some of the information was related to other ongoing federal investigations, he said.

Greenback Stnx ....

What does the T-Shirt say .... what does it represent?

If there really is a bigger story ...i have to wonder who are the undercover agents in all of this, and what part did they play in how this came down?

Who said anything about undercover agents? All I am saying is that this murder is likely to be part of a much bigger story. The 'bigger story" has Federal Agents involved. Check this out:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-07-16-florida-deaths_N.htm

"Information about drugs and weapons found by police was passed to federal law enforcement authorities, including the FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration, Morgan said. Some of the information was related to other ongoing federal investigations, he said. "

Morgan has been very clear that this case is very complicated with several motives, but he has been instructed by the state attorney to ONLY focus on the 'Home Invasion' motive.

""We've been asked by the state attorney to stay with the one basic motive," Morgan said. "The other motives in this case will be developed in the next few weeks or months."

I am saying that it is likely to be years before we know the rest of the story....

Everyone is walking on eggshells around here, but according to the ABC news report, Byrd was involved in an adoption scam in the past. Now he's got a thirteen adopted children. Am I the only one wondering what the heck is going on with that??

Mixed Picture of Billings' Emerges in Fla. Double Murder Case

Lola, that is old news. It was not so much an adoption 'scam' as he had a woman put his name as the father on her child's birth certificate. In return he 'leant' her $2K. Byrd was put on probation for that, but he went ahead and adopted and raised the child anyway.

Who was responsible for deactivating the security system, but failed to do so? That is the piece of the puzzle that is currently missing which I believe will clarify a lot of our questions. I think Sheriff Morgan knows who it is, and we will be seeing additional arrest, or at least people being taken in for questioning next week. By the way, I am a HUGE fan of Sheriff Morgan. He pretty much rocks!

I Am Bringing Up This Again Because IF This Was Just Home Invasion/Robbery:

Did you notice someone wearing a white shirt in the upper left corner in the driveway on the front video of the Billings' home after the van stopped?

I am trying to find the video online. Found It:

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/sec...y=videonetwork

You can see him here at 1:19:

http://video.ap.org/?t=By Section/...uple&f=1139949

He leaves right before they come back out. You can see a white object in the screen and then walking out of view on the full front video.

1. They Had Lookouts Posted Outside.
2. Why Did They Only Spend Four Minutes Inside With That Much Firepower/Posse?
3. Why Didn't They Ransack The Place?
4. Why Would They Just Take A Small Microwave Safe?
5. Why Does It Take 7 People To Kill Two?

I Don't Think It Adds Up.

About the adoption that keeps coming up that Byrd and Cyndi did. If you read the link to USA today and Cindy quoted "the adoption got blown out of porportion." Then read the article link referenced today in the PNJ. The older sister met the brother. This Mom adopted her 3 other children to another family. I agree, "blown out of porportion."

IMO - Leave this alone. This has nothing to do with why the were murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindzk86