Crime Scene Photos #3 ***WARNING - GRAPHIC DISCUSSION***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Off topic somewhat.. although i dont like a lot of the A's ways i cant blame them for hating Caylee's "resting place". As Marc Klass also feels about pollys place of discovery..i can see why they cant stand the area.

Although, I am sure people are just letting them know ;'they care' that awful place is a bad reminder. I would have to move..

I respect everyone's feelings, but for me personally, I would much rather remember and honor a loved one by visiting an area that they enjoyed or that reminded me of them (alive). To me it would be heartbreaking to continue to visit the location that they died or where their body was found. That's just not how I'd want to remember them. JMHO.

Newly released (10/9/09) photos of items at Crime Scene

Note: includes photos of duct tape from remains, shorts, addtional duct tape and Henkel tape found, letters, etc.

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...otosofducttapeclothingshovel/indexGallery.htm

I have, thus far, managed to keep my emotions out of this somehow. After seeing these photos I feel physically ill thinking of what that baby had to go through at the hands of her mother. I pray the jury feels the same way I do after seeing these photos.

I hope the B!tch rots.

I respect everyone's feelings, but for me personally, I would much rather remember and honor a loved one by visiting an area that they enjoyed or that reminded me of them (alive). To me it would be heartbreaking to continue to visit the location that they died or where their body was found. That's just not how I'd want to remember them. JMHO.

Me too. I would have moved as far away from Suburban Drive as I could possibly go.

Tried to outline the "outline" of the heart impression

Attachments

• lg HRT ducttape3zoom.jpg
    lg HRT ducttape3zoom.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 170
Also, why are most of the pics in black and white. I wish there were discriptions for each one so I could know what I'm looking at.

You are all so great here.:dance: I've been searching about something for days, and can't find it.:banghead:

There is a photobucket account that has over 500 pictures from this case. On the page of the "Winnie the Pooh" blanket at remains site, there is a list of 32 Exhibits, below the photo. I don't see some of them in the PB account. I was wondering if anyone knows what the significance of Exhibit 13 -close-up of diaper wipe means? Thanks so much! :)

http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/cayleecross/?action=view&current=Cindydepo26.jpg

You are all so great here.:dance: I've been searching about something for days, and can't find it.:banghead:

There is a photobucket account that has over 500 pictures from this case. On the page of the "Winnie the Pooh" blanket at remains site, there is a list of 32 Exhibits, below the photo. I don't see some of them in the PB account. I was wondering if anyone knows what the significance of Exhibit 13 -close-up of diaper wipe means? Thanks so much! :)

http://s439.photobucket.com/albums/qq120/cayleecross/?action=view&current=Cindydepo26.jpg

Was it a diaper wipe or the side panel of the pull ups?

Perhaps it was the wipe found in the backpack....

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72554"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72554[/ame]

wenwe, way to dive into a new skill set! I totally see what you and quadlatte are envisioning, and we are in basic agreement about her orientation inside the bag. Totally agree that the bag photo we are working with shows the back side and think she was feet first into bags.

And related but technically OT: I know the dispersion of remains causes some questions--such as how can her torso end up so far away when her skull was still with the bags? But there are two considerations here:

1. The neck is one of the more tenuous of the body's connections. Not a lot of muscle or fat to have to break down there. See the abstract here for a general idea of the progression of decomposition & disarticulation of the body in aqueous environments. I found several abstracts on human decomp/disarticulation on land by googling "disarticulation and decomposition human remains" but most of the full articles cost a fee.

2. Initially the most attractive part of the cadaver to scavengers would likely be the central region containing the major organs. If the neck decomposed early, then even small scavengers would be able to tug at the remains enough that the torso, arms and legs would be able to be moved away without unduly disturbing the skull. Also, small scavengers could easily enter these bags at the top without having to chew through them. If such activity did occur, it would have hastened the disarticulation process inside the bags, so that later scavengers could more easily remove torso or limbs.

MOO!

I hope you'll pardon if I'm woefully outta touch w/ current details. :)

"Terrain" is the proper word, SW. Unfortunately, the tools I'm most familiar with don't have that level of detail for this area. There maybe something available locally. The best information we have for this type of consideration, IMHO, are the pics of the area AFTER it had been cleared by LE.

IIRC, in the photos there is at least one pic that shows the area cleared and what probably serves as the low-point drain, albeit not man-made, out of this area. It seems to run from the northwest corner in a diagonal arc toward the east and south (on the grid drawing it would run from the mid-right side to the mid-top of the drawing - very roughly). I'll edit & add to this post if I can find.

Agree w/ another poster that his area is not fast draining, however, one should note that the flooding & receding water still has a substantial effect on the dispersion of loose items. The presence of vegetation also has a significant effect. While I can't speak specifically regarding the effect on human bones, I grew up on a farm located on a major river where the fields flooded & receded each Spring...complete with slow draining 'swampy' areas. Sooo...I've spent many, many, many days cleaning up after slow draining flood water and observing the debris it leaves behind.

Trying not to be disrespectful in anyway (bless her heart :()...here's one scenario based on the relative bones positions on the grid:

1) "AREA A": The heavier skull along with the arms (radius & ulna), hands and the lower portion of the legs (fibulas) (below the knee) and feet remained essentially in the bag(s) for the duration from the time of disposal to discovery. Note: No tibias listed (tibias are paired w/ the fibulas).

2) "AREA F": After much time & decomposition the trunk and upper legs were first transported** to the position approximately 6-8 feet south of the bags (w/ skull and arms remaining in bags). This is suggested by the heavy ilium (largest portion of the pelvis) and both femurs (long leg bones) and clavicle (collar bone) being found together in this location.

3) "AREA H": The balance of the trunk (ribs, left scapula) being an additional 6-8 feet south may be the result of a subsequent transport event.

4) "AREA I": The remaining ribs & vertebrae being an additional 6-8 feet to the south and west appears to be in the general direction of the low-point drain would be from them partially floating in the receding water.

**While we don't know the detailed history of flooding/receding between June-Dec '08, we do know that Tropical Storm Fay passed through mid-August with ~3 consecutive days (~12" in 24hrs per this source http://orlando.about.com/b/2008/08/22/rainfall-from-tropical-storm-fay.htm) of rain. This may have very well been enough water introduced into this area after 9 weeks of decomposition to have lifted the trunk as described in (2) above, with subsequent movement (3) being from later cycles or scavengers, and (4) from receding water.

All, IMHO, of course.

ETA: Rainfall est. for Fay. & "Area" designations as found in the topigraphical map p3513.

bumping as an example of remains transport on this thread for others getting into this on the trunk stain thread...continue here please.

bumping as an example of remains transport on this thread for others getting into this on the trunk stain thread...continue here please.

Where did you find this information on line one about the bones being essentially in the bag?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRussell
Back