Criticism of Law Enforcement unjustified say sources

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So basically, anyone besides BD... allowing someone to take HD because she had custody? ie: Clint or someone in his family...or "pending" family?

I guess that could include a planned kidnapping....with BD and SA's knowledge of it?

Pretty much anyone who wasn't her guardian. BD could make off with her, and that would be OK, as long as it wasn't for some illicit purpose. Since CD and BD are still married and presumably haven't made some legal arrangement regarding her custody I suppose he could too, allthough not having physical custody would probably make that an abduction, if that is what happened.

Anyone else taking/helping her and it would be abduction.

WHO is the Lead Investigating Agency on Hailey's case?

How does the FBI interact with CCPD, SCSO and Texas Rangers?

Why wouldn't CCPD announce that they believe Hailey was kidnapped? The FBI feels she was. Surely the FBI doesn't have specific evidence that the other three LE Agencies don't also have?

I just don't understand why after nine months, they make this announcement or what the role of the FBI is in Hailey's case?

Good questions. Months people put faith in CCITY. Now A quick look at facebook and people are mad. They think they have been lied to. (ommitting my already known feelings here)

Where does that leave Billy? Was her daughter kidnapped ? Who do we believe the FBI or CCity?

Most importantly where does that leave Hailey? Where is she ?

The FBI should taken this over starting when Sheriff Toombs smirked at the very first presser.

Hopefuly with them ruling it a kidnapping they will snatch the case away from CCity now. Which is what I hope was the goal.

Good questions. Months people put faith in CCITY. Now A quick look at facebook and people are mad. They think they have been lied to. (ommitting my already known feelings here)

Where does that leave Billy? Was her daughter kidnapped ? Who do we believe the FBI or CCity?

Most importantly where does that leave Hailey? Where is she ?

The FBI should taken this over starting when Sheriff Toombs smirked at the very first presser.

Hopefuly with them ruling it a kidnapping they will snatch the case away from CCity now. Which is what I hope was the goal.

BBM:
If one has done some research into CCity LE, family and friends named in the case, and the folks in CC involved in 'finding' Hailey... well I think I'll go with the FBI. :)

Where are you, honey? We won't stop looking for you until you're found.

Sheriff: Hailey Dunn Not Kidnapped

http://www.newswest9.com/story/15690877/sheriff-hailey-dunn-not-kidnapped

Apparently, the FBI mistakenly listed Hailey as Kidnapped. According to the above article, she was supposed to have been listed as a Missing Person. The MCSO said the FBI will correct the mistake.

The article is too short to quote without violating copyright, but that's the gist of it.

OMG... and then the child *advertiser censored* not actually existing. What next?:furious:

The article say the FBI MAY have made a mistake. The Mitchell county sheriff says the FBI will fix it. I have to assume here that he means if it is a mistake? .'

Mistake after Mistake, rinse repeat..

I guess we will see what the FBI does.

Apparently, the FBI mistakenly listed Hailey as Kidnapped. According to the above article, she was supposed to have been listed as a Missing Person. The MCSO said the FBI will correct the mistake.

The article is too short to quote without violating copyright, but that's the gist of it.

That is probably what the "infighting" is about. The FBI is calling her abducted but the sheriff wants to call it something else. It probably affects exactly who has jurisdiction, so for them, it is an important distinction.

As a minor who has dissappeared from home it must be abduction one way or another though, because she cannot consent to being sheltered. So I don't see what the Sheriff's point is.

Newswest9 spoke to the Mitchell County Sheriff who told us it was a mistake. Hailey Dunn should not have been listed under kidnappings.
Really, a mistake? Poor Hailey, even the adults in LE keep letting her down.

Hailey is gone, missing, abducted, kidnapped, NOT present- call it what you want it doesn't matter!! Find her!

Frankly- I think this is more of a LE release that then was realized the tip might have come from someone either involved- or inserting themself into the case. MOO, of course.

I don;t know what the problem is because according to the
original affidavits - belief of affiant that specific criminal offenses have been committed- they refer to Texas Penal Code 20.03 which is

BBM by me
CHAPTER 20. KIDNAPPING AND UNLAWFUL RESTRAINT

§ 20.03. KIDNAPPING. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly abducts another person.
(b) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) the abduction was not coupled with intent to use or to threaten to use deadly force;
(2) the actor was a relative of the person abducted; and
(3) the actor's sole intent was to assume lawful control of the victim.
(c) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

you can see affidavits under here-
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127445"]Search warrants, affidavits, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

SO what is it Ccty??? says belief of KIDNAPPING right on the affidavits
What am I not getting?

Yeah- that's what I meant Sre.
nice, huh?
I think someone's tryin' to get a little attention.

I don;t know what the problem is because according to the
original affidavits - belief of affiant that specific criminal offenses have been committed- they refer to Texas Penal Code 20.03 which is

BBM by me
CHAPTER 20. KIDNAPPING AND UNLAWFUL RESTRAINT

§ 20.03. KIDNAPPING. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly abducts another person.
(b) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) the abduction was not coupled with intent to use or to threaten to use deadly force;
(2) the actor was a relative of the person abducted; and
(3) the actor's sole intent was to assume lawful control of the victim.
(c) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

you can see affidavits under here-
Search warrants, affidavits, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

SO what is it Ccty??? says belief of KIDNAPPING right on the affidavits
What am I not getting?

Keep in mind that this was the sheriff who was cited in the media as claiming that CP and animal *advertiser censored* was found on media in BDs house when he had to have known that wasn't true. It could be that he didn't know the details of the case or he was misquoted, but apparently he made no effort to correct that misinformation.

Yeah- that's what I meant Sre.
nice, huh?
I think someone's tryin' to get a little attention.

Who and how so ?

I have never got the feeling that CCity wanted any attention actualy on Hailey.When it was ,they pushed all the Hailey attention striaght to Billy and or Shawn. The ugly attention, then any attention Haileys family bought to the case was followed by an arrest or some other tactic to shut them up in the media. Even if SA is the suspect and the culprit how did/is CCity doing anything to encourge the family to try and find answers ? They didnt . When Clint said they didnt suspect SA ccity found a way to shut him
up.

No joint pressers with Clint or with ANY memeber of Haileys family at all.

Even Carrie said she wanted out of town before they arrested her.

Why would the town not want national media exposure for there missing child? I could list some downsides to it but at the end of the day nothing makes it okay to try to make the attention go away while the childs story decomposes. Hopefuly Hailey isnt.

:twocents:My opinion, only.

Also Ask people who havent followed the case about the missing cheerleader. Interesting to see where this case stands in the public mind.

I have heard.
Someone in her family did something to her.
moms boyfriend.
And maybe she ran away.

She doesnt even get considered like a child to look for or to look out for.
MOO.

Let's hope the FBI get involved and take over this case! Something isn't right in CCity and I believe even the LE there!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back