Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. In the south, you couldn't begin to imagine the offense that is taken to being called "black", I myself am not AA but am offended when I hear it being said.
I don't think RJ would have said "black man" myself. He is only 4 years old. Unless 4 year olds are taught to refer to AA's as "black people" he would have described them differently.

I am not black but in the north, there is no offence taken by describing a person's coloring as white or black. Is it really offensive in the south to say "he/she is a black man/woman'?

You very well may be right. Even tho I do not care for the way CS has conducted herself I do not think she is behind Haleigh's disappearance. But that is my question. Is CS accusing RC of doing something to Haleigh? Now I have not watched nor read every acticle or video in this saga but I could swear that after CS ran RC under the bus she then said something along the lines of "but no doubt RC loves Haleigh, she is his heart". I am just confused--what was her point in bringing up ugly things from the past if she isn't accusing RC of hurting Haleigh?

I don't know CS so I can't say for certain- but I can say that if I were in her shoes, I would immediately tell LE if I knew of any questionable associations the other parent had.

And given the closed lip policy of LE- we've seen Crystal on television many times telling us that she did not know certain things or learned them from the media- I can understand her level of frustration and what compelled her to raise these issues in the media.

Crystal has never said that Ron did anything to Haleigh- you're right. But she has expressed concern about the people in Ron and Misty's lives. She also said that Misty was good to the kids- but again, being good to the kids, loving the kids does not cancel out risky behavior that may have brought about this situation.

I don't know CS so I can't say for certain- but I can say that if I were in her shoes, I would immediately tell LE if I knew of any questionable associations the other parent had.

And given the closed lip policy of LE- we've seen Crystal on television many times telling us that she did not know certain things or learned them from the media- I can understand her level of frustration and what compelled her to raise these issues in the media.

Crystal has never said that Ron did anything to Haleigh- you're right. But she has expressed concern about the people in Ron and Misty's lives. She also said that Misty was good to the kids- but again, being good to the kids, loving the kids does not cancel out risky behavior that may have brought about this situation.

But see Pirate thats the thing. You would tell LE all your concerns about your ex's history and his associates, and I would too! But would you get on national tv and say these things? You would be angry with the parent who was supposed to be watching your child, I WOULD TOO. But when a child is abducted or dies- it would be that way even between two happily married people, you would be angry at the person who was watching the child, but you don't voice those feelings to the entire United States! Thats my issue with CS, she just showed incredibly bad judgement IMO when she did that over and over. Then put Jr on tv. Something is not right with her even if she is innocent of Haleigh's disappearance, ya know?

But see Pirate thats the thing. You would tell LE all your concerns about your ex's history and his associates, and I would too! But would you get on national tv and say these things? You would be angry with the parent who was supposed to be watching your child, I WOULD TOO. But when a child is abducted or dies- it would be that way even between two happily married people, you would be angry at the person who was watching the child, but you don't voice those feelings to the entire United States! Thats my issue with CS, she just showed incredibly bad judgement IMO when she did that over and over. Then put Jr on tv. Something is not right with her even if she is innocent of Haleigh's disappearance, ya know?

For me, I could look at this two ways. At first, I did think it was really horrible of her to come out on National TV and say those things. It didn't make her look good at all..
But then, honestly, if anything she has said about the abuse were to give Misty the courage to come forward (knowing someone else knows, and would support her)(given it is the truth), then I agree with it. Too, If this did happen because of the past dealings with drugs or whatever, then just maybe by Crystal saying that he was around bad people, then maybe the bad people would step forward to clear their names in this disappearance. To me their is a huge difference in a few drug charges, then a missing child. At this point, I think her saying those things could very well have done just as much good than harm.

Because of the high unemployment rates in Florida they have not jailed parents who are out of work and not paying child support as they have in the past.

There isn't enough space in the jails to hold the parents affected by the bad economy- UE rate is 12% and rising.

The parents that they tend to jail are those that try to evade child support. They don't make a habit of jailing people who are looking for- and can't find jobs.

Pirate, I appreciate all you've contributed here. I was wondering if there are any child support issues with Ron's other son (please don't name names if you know) Do you know if he pays cs or visits this child or is it one of those "just move on" type of situations for the mom?

Misty's comments to the mother of the child (on Myspace) had me wondering if there were some issues there.

I am not black but in the north, there is no offence taken by describing a person's coloring as white or black. Is it really offensive in the south to say "he/she is a black man/woman'?

I have never heard that - (I know my location says I'm in NY but I am from the south. Just moved to NY in the last two years.)

it can be. There is still plenty prejudice and racial issues in the south...UNFORTUNATELY

Pirate, I appreciate all you've contributed here. I was wondering if there are any child support issues with Ron's other son (please don't name names if you know) Do you know if he pays cs or visits this child or is it one of those "just move on" type of situations for the mom?

Misty's comments to the mother of the child (on Myspace) had me wondering if there were some issues there.

Indigo, I don't know too much-

I believe paternity has not been established. But Ron was involved with the child to some extent- He met Misty because she used to be friends with that mother and babysat for the baby sometimes.

I dont' think it's out of the question that a 4 year old would mention that someone is black. Especially since Ron has a friend that is black who has been around the family.

Now if he used AA I would find that strange. And if he used the N word I would be upset but not surprised.

I've never heard of a black person being offended for being called black.

Indigo, I don't know too much-

I believe paternity has not been established. But Ron was involved with the child to some extent- He met Misty because she used to be friends with that mother and babysat for the baby sometimes.

Thanks for your reply, pirate.

Neither of these parents would win "Mother/Father of the Year" but at least the father and his side stick to voicing concerns about Haleigh..period. Crystal and relatives do nothing but take every chance to bad mouth the other side. I am sure Ron, if so inclined, could bad mouth CS, starting with the child support she doesn't pay. There is an endless list for both sides, the point is RC isn't and hasn't taken that road, he is only concerned about his missing daughter. That speaks volumes to me. jmho
Bolded by me.

Yes, he could have said probably a lot of nasty things about Crystal...She is only doing what most of us would do...IMO! Why isn't he? Now that's my question.

If my child disappeared while in the posession of my ex- there would be more serious stuff going on than mud-slinging.

Especially if my child went missing while his under-age girlfriend was responsible for their safety and well-being.

IMO Crystal has shown GREAT restraint in that she hasn't gotten a baseball bat and used it to get some straight damn answers.
Bolded by me.

Totally agree with this!

And that ties into my Glass Houses theory.

Ron has NEVER accused Crystal of being involved in Haleigh's disappearance. NEVER, not once. Yet people on a forum who do not know either of them have made these accusations.

If Ron believed there was a valid concern that Crystal took Haleigh I would certainly hope that he would voice his concern as loudly as he needed to in order to make somebody listen.

The reason he has not is because he knows Crystal had nothing to do with it.

He has too much to hide to throw unfounded accusations out there- in a situation like this, throwing down the gauntlet often results in each side- or "camp" in this instance hurling accusations.

Others may think that Ron not hurling accusations shows dignity and decorum. But I believe that his silence with regard to Crystal means that he knows Crystal did not take her- and that he has a pretty good idea that something or someone with whom he was involved might be responsible.
Bolded by me.

Exactly!

It is just our human nature to point the finger at anyone and everyone involved when something like this happens. And it is also a time to be totally honest and open about everything that has ever happened in your life...It's sad to say it and I hope to God it never happens to me but I promise you that nothing would be left unsaid!

it can be. There is still plenty prejudice and racial issues in the south...UNFORTUNATELY

Yes, I agree. I guess it depends on the racial divide in your own communities..
Here, if a "white" person feels offended by hearing someone call an African American "black" then I guess you would have to only imagine how offended the AA would feel. Vise Versa.
Our schools are teaching not to call people by these two terms.. Saying the N word, or Cracker will get your hiney sent home for 3-5 days no matter what..
It is a start anyways..

CS showed a very quiet and detached demeanor when on TV at the beginning. She appeared very uncomfortable and as if she had no idea what was going on. Often, questions to CS were answered by her mother. She has slowly become stronger and more vocal. But I get the impression that she has been coached or goaded on by her family members - her mother and/or father, in particular. I don't think that CS had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance or has a clue what happened. IMO the whole GS debacle was engineered by her family. Judging by the custody affadavit by JS, her family is very resentful that RC got custody. All this raises the possibility that a distant family member or friend took Haleigh to make RC look like a terrible parent. Maybe this was to initially be for a few days but all the intense attention created an awkward situation. I don't really think this is what happened, but saying 1) it's possible, and 2) I don't think CS had any involvement or has any awareness.

They took DNA from ALL family today. Not just Crystal's family. From Ron's family as well. And from close friends.
I was going by what Anna said and she didn't mention Ron's family, IIRC. She did mention friends.

Because of the high unemployment rates in Florida they have not jailed parents who are out of work and not paying child support as they have in the past.

There isn't enough space in the jails to hold the parents affected by the bad economy- UE rate is 12% and rising.

The parents that they tend to jail are those that try to evade child support. They don't make a habit of jailing people who are looking for- and can't find jobs.
So the reason they have warrants out for those on the Crime Stopper's website for the Sheriff's office mean what? They are going to pick them up instead of arrest them and make them go to work?!

You would tell LE all your concerns about your ex's history and his associates, and I would too! But would you get on national tv and say these things? You would be angry with the parent who was supposed to be watching your child, I WOULD TOO. But when a child is abducted or dies- it would be that way even between two happily married people, you would be angry at the person who was watching the child, but you don't voice those feelings to the entire United States! Thats my issue with CS, she just showed incredibly bad judgement IMO when she did that over and over. Then put Jr on tv. Something is not right with her even if she is innocent of Haleigh's disappearance, ya know?
Exactly! You don't make it an issue in the national media! IMO, this was done specifically to point the finger at Ronald and Misty to say they were involved in Haleigh going missing.

Putting Rj on television and grilling him was what LE told her NOT to do!! She even said they told her not to ask him questions before...then she decides it is fine?! Bad judgement all the way around! (I think it is safe to say LE was really upset over it, too!)

FWIW I live in the Deep South also and work in a building with nearly 300 AA. They routinely refer to each other as “black” even differentiating whether it is a light complexioned or dark complexioned “black”. They have more important things to worry about on the racial equality front than to think about what average “white folks” call them.

IMO all this is red herrings. My feeling is that Ron and Crystal are all of the above good and bad but neither of them was directly responsible. It is rather their circumstances and poor choices on both parts that led to their being vulnerable to predation. Ron, I think, may be Bi-polar.

There is a bigger socio economic picture here and it is played out very much like this all over the south. Including SO getting a hold of their children. Ron, Misty & Crystal are not unique- it is not up to strangers to make judgments because they think they are tacky or even brutal. It is a class distinction issue that is as abhorrent as racial judgments.

Folks are painting a picture of the women stereotypically weak and scared but they are often strong and enduring making their own stubbornly disastrous decisions for themselves equal to the men that thrash through life with drug, alcohol and DV issues complete with multiple children with multiple men.

I have no doubt at all that if Ron and his family had ANY suspicions that CS or her family were in any way involved in this...they would be pointing fingers and making all kinds of accusations. Ron has certainly not held back from expressing himself on other subjects! This speaks volumes to me, and I am sure to LE too, that Ron KNOWS she and her family are not involved.

JMO.......

I have no doubt at all that if Ron and his family had ANY suspicions that CS or her family were in any way involved in this...they would be pointing fingers and making all kinds of accusations. Ron has certainly not held back from expressing himself on other subjects! This speaks volumes to me, and I am sure to LE too, that Ron KNOWS she and her family are not involved.

JMO.......

IMO you are wrong and I disagree with you. TN has made several remarks to the effect that LE has repeatedly requested that both sides of the families stick to Haleigh where the media was concerned and interviews, and to keep all of the other information/concerns "private" between family and LE alone. So far only RC and his side has shown the respect for LE requests.

IMO you are wrong and I disagree with you. TN has made several remarks to the effect that LE has repeatedly requested that both sides of the families stick to Haleigh where the media was concerned and interviews, and to keep all of the other information/concerns "private" between family and LE alone. So far only RC and his side has shown the respect for LE requests.

No problem...you are allowed to disagree with opinions here...I only hope that the staunch supporters of Ron on that thread might learn to be able to allow posters there to disagree with their theories without an attack and destroy attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman