Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point do you think child support should be suspended? On Day 1? Week 2? There would have to be guidelines - don't you think? (These are honest questions, btw).

Let me try to make a point... in most child custody cases, the non-residential parent has an extended visit during summer. During this time, the non-custodial parent is still obligated to pay child support during the extended visit - even though the child(ren) will be with the parent at that time. That is because the residential parent still has the obligation to maintain a home, clothing, insurance, etc - everything that a child will need - even if the child(ren) is away during that time.

So, my question would be, if a child goes missing, what do you consider a proper amount of time for a child to be missing before a Court orders payment on that child to stop? The residential (custodial) parent is still going to be maintaining a home for the child and hoping that the child comes home. Do you think there should be a federal guideline in place?

Is any of this going to bring HaLeigh back?! NO IT ISN'T. Those here who feel that Crystal is responsible for HaLeigh's disappearance should practice what you preach when others express opinions contrary to your own - stop wasting valuable & precious time that could be used to help find HaLeigh.

I stepped away before because of this ongoing, back & forth, smoke-screen, nothin to do with anything child support subject - it didn't matter what thread you were on, there it was. For those of you who seem to feel that it is "THE ISSUE", why not start a thread dedicated entirely to it?

MOO

At what point do you think child support should be suspended? On Day 1? Week 2? There would have to be guidelines - don't you think? (These are honest questions, btw).

Let me try to make a point... in most child custody cases, the non-residential parent has an extended visit during summer. During this time, the non-custodial parent is still obligated to pay child support during the extended visit - even though the child(ren) will be with the parent at that time. That is because the residential parent still has the obligation to maintain a home, clothing, insurance, etc - everything that a child will need - even if the child(ren) is away during that time.

So, my question would be, if a child goes missing, what do you consider a proper amount of time for a child to be missing before a Court orders payment on that child to stop? The residential (custodial) parent is still going to be maintaining a home for the child and hoping that the child comes home. Do you think there should be a federal guideline in place?

BBM :)

In the state of Florida they do have visitation credits through the DOR (department of Revenue), given your case is with DOR/CSE. The child does have to stay with the noncustodial parent for a period of time, (longer than a few weeks) basically the custodial parent needs to contact DOR and advise them that the child will be residing with the noncustodial parent for X amount of months. Once the child is returned another call to DOR and the support continues.

I only know this b/c of my step daughter who resides with her mother in AL and she comes down every other Christmas and the whole summer, which starts the last week in May. This is what her mother has to do every summer. (we don't count Christmas break only b/c it is only two weeks)

It is usually worked out when the divorce is finalized or the visitation schedule is finalized.

Yes, there would definitely need to be some type of guidelines, not necessarily federal. Each case would need to be looked at individually as there are different circumstances with most.

I understand your point, but it's TOTALLY different going to visit the non-custodial parent for an extended visit than apparently vanishing off of the face of the earth. Of course payments should continue during an extended visit as one would expect normally, the child is going back to the custodial parent after the visit.

Haleigh is missing and for all we know, she isn't being taken care of by either parent. Ron isn't having to buy school supplies, food, clothes, etc for Haleigh at this time and therefore, Crystal shouldn't have to pay for Haleigh's support until she returns and then payments should resume immediately.

I think if a child is missing for a month or two in a case such as this one, that is more than sufficient time to suspend support payments.

Crystal should still be paying support for JR though, even during this time that HC is missing.

child support is just that....child support.....it should cease until Haleigh is located. period. Ron is not coming out of his pocket right now to feed, clothe and care for Haleigh, therefore he does not need the support.......JMOOC

ETA~ child support should only continue for jr.....jmo

Yes of course.

And if someone else...her fiance, her Mother, a donor chooses to pay it for her so that she can remain in the home...that's okay right? Because the ONLY important thing is the support contributing to the child's needs. RIGHT?

Is this child support going to bring HaLeigh home???
I think not Carry on.
I'll lurk some more cause it's getting old!

this is a shout out to Crystal...stay strong girlie, get out there and demand answers to your questions from both LE and Ronald....Haleigh needs to be found! MOO

WHY? Is Ronald Cummings feeding, clothing, and housing Haleigh?

BBM :)

I said child support should be suspended for HC until HC is found, but CS should still be paying child support for JR. Since he is still residing with his dad and there are cost associated.

Personally, I'd like to see the child support for Haleigh, while she is missing or until we know what happened to her, go into some kind of trust account. There is something generally unsettling with me when a child goes "missing" and the obligation to support disappears. With the evil we've seen in so many cases, I'd hate for that to be a light bulb moment for anyone who wants to get out of child support obligations. Heck CA just wanted to party and look what happened to poor Caylee :(

If Haleigh does return it could be used to help her deal with whatever ordeal she's gone through or college. If she doesn't return, it would be a nice thing for Crystal to do since the money would be there adding up so that JR would have money available for college

Another thought is the money could be used for a neutral third part to investigate/search for Haleigh. If the money is solely to support Haleigh, wouldn't using it to find her while she's missing be supporting her??

Just my opinion. I know it won't be popular.

The Contempt of Court hearing in itself is coincidental ,but, the fact that Crystal had a modification to the order within such a short amount of time of HaLeighs abduction and then to follow up with seeking custody of Jr. is a little bit more than I can swallow to believe it was such a windfall and unforeseen opportunity for this mother instead an effort to stop the court proceedings and money owed and then a unknown donor pays $12,000 and crystal is now owing no back child support and currently nothing more for HaLeigh before knowing for sure she is no longer alive and will be in need of that support and the stable home that it would of helped Ron to provide after loosing his job.
As much as I am uncomfortable with what we have been told, heard and read about Misty’s inconsistencies I still can not get past the valid observation I have listed above in regards to the circumstances involving Crystal and surrounding HaLeighs abduction.

If you realize that danger is lurking for the other child due to poor judgement of the father, you would also want to remove that child from the eyes of the teenager who may have let this happen. Put your place in the mother's shoes, please. She wanted Jr out of there after they lost Haleigh....don't know if lost is the word...she may have been thinking much worse.

If, and that's a very big IF, she received a contempt order that day.....do you think she could have planned this whole thing out in an hour or two? How in the world could she have arranged all this and secreted Haleigh for this long?

It seems like you are basing your theory on Crystal receiving a notice of contempt that same day, because RC got one, he says. and Furthermore, you believe she arranged a kidnapping plot immediately and carried it out within hours. That is very hard to digest.

No need to worry about college. In their income level, they won't have to fund any of it.

The state needs to take control of all the monies and separate what they have spent and divide it up. The state has most likely been the main support of the children. I have no doubt Haleigh get a SSD check and she is covered by medicaid. RC has probably applied for food stamps and help when he out of work. His family and Crystal's family have maybe payed for clothing and toys.

It most likely goes to the state anyway because they may have been providing more than either of the two parents.

If you realize that danger is lurking for the other child due to poor judgement of the father, you would also want to remove that child from the eyes of the teenager who may have let this happen. Put your place in the mother's shoes, please. She wanted Jr out of there after they lost Haleigh....don't know if lost is the word...she may have been thinking much worse.

That is the thing Whisper I can admitt I would be crazy enough and could see my self taking what ever chance I had to take to get and keep my children even if the father was a saint, if I where Crystal and had her set of problems (drugs) and created past with Ron and her children. You see I do believe Ron had an edge over Crystal and took advantage of the circumstances Crystal chose to become involved in and her irresponsibility and lack of maternal maturity. If the children where being cared for by a mother with a cocaine habit I do not blame Ron for his actions nor would I blame a mother who wants her children so badly and wants to protect them from perceived harm, but, it is the issue of breaking the laws to accomplished this goal that I believe is the issue that I myself would not have to resort to and can not stand behind. The crime actually for me goes way beyond just taking HaLeigh from Ron with a motive for what ever reason and how ever they thought about getting away with it, it is about HaLeigh and the harm it has caused her because of a selfishness of a mother who could not get her act together and work out more agreeable arrangement with Ron in the 3 years he has had custody and pay court ordered child support. The maturity of the mother and her willingness to do what ever it took to be a good mother who was an equal to Ron in providing for all their children’s needs would be a mother I would of stood behind if she had to commit this type of crime to be with her children, but, sadly that is not the case. By the way My identical twin walked away from her own 4 children when they where all under the age of 6 yrs old (over16 yrs ago) and believe me I love her, but, do not candy coat my opinion of her actions and the damage it caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop