CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I echo suziQ again! Where is the outpouring... the candles, the family, the pleas for a safe return???? WHERE. ARE. THEY.

Hmmmm, yes! We haven't heard a word from her family other than the uncle who said she visited him recently and was adamant about getting married.

Does anybody remember the story form NY where a cleaning woman was missing from her lower Manhattan building. She too was a small women. It took about 48 hours to find her duct-taped and hidden in an elevator shaft. I hate to think it -- but I think the lack of video of her leaving the building is ominous. Tampering with a security camera doesn't cut it for me. And I just don't believe this change of clothes thing. Why go to the lab to do it where more people are going to see you?

If Annie was killed on Tuesday, the odor of decomp would be unbearable. Unless she was placed in a freezer or refrig I can't imagine anyone not tearing up from the odor. I remember that case, but can't remember what led LE to the body.

My heart goes out to Annie's friends, family, and loved ones. Can you imagine having to deal with your daughter gone missing and taking care of cancelling a wedding that has taken over a year to plan. You have nurtured her and taken care of her to be the best she can be and ...poof...she's gone!! How terrible.

but then again I am new to forensic astrology and could be reading it all wrong... that is why I posted those questions for further insight. I am sorry if it offended anyone here

I dont think anyone is offended :blowkiss:

The astrology thread is not that new to me but I still mostly read it all wrong! & I am not ashamed to admit it :)

She is such a petite person. Is it possible that in the footage they reviewed, she was behind someone as they were exiting and totally blocked from view of the camera?

Family cancels planned wedding ceremony of missing Yale bride-to-be Annie Le

omg some of the comments there are just mean
i will never understand how people can be so cold to other people
they sit there behind thier safe little computer screen and type away about how the person LOOKS....
i'd like to see some of these people!
they must be perfect to be posting those kind of things...
and it's like more than one person too....
sad....
some people are just unbelievable....

She is such a petite person. Is it possible that in the footage they reviewed, she was behind someone as they were exiting and totally blocked from view of the camera?

That was my initial thought, as well.

She also could have gone out a side door where there were no cameras.

It sure seems she had a lot on her plate. classes, thesis, T.A., hebrew lessons, wedding to plan. Was there any mention of a honeymoon? I wonder why they planned the wedding at the start of a new semester while both of them are still in school.

That is odd timing & they were not able to live together til ?? so what was the rush?

omg some of the comments there are just mean
i will never understand how people can be so cold to other people
they sit there behind thier safe little computer screen and type away about how the person LOOKS....
i'd like to see some of these people!
they must be perfect to be posting those kind of things...
and it's like more than one person too....
sad....
some people are just unbelievable....

Oh yes......when you can type behind a keyboard with anonymity it makes one bold to say things one would never dream of saying face to face.

Morons.

Hmmmm, yes! We haven't heard a word from her family other than the uncle who said she visited him recently and was adamant about getting married.

My friend in HS was Vietnamese. Her parents did not speak english and were very old world in the way they lived. My friend and her brother did all the communicating for them, as well as, navigating the simple day to day things we all take for granted. This may be the case with her parents? Maybe the Uncle is more Americanized? Just throwin' my experience out there.

I'm not sure what shocked and grieving parents can do on campus! They probably found out their daughter went missing late Tuesday night or early Wednesday AM. There is a wedding on Sunday that has been planned for over a year. I would imagine the family is bouncing off the walls trying to make sure people don't fly in from out of town to attend the wedding. The entire event needs to be cancelled. LE and the FBI are searching for their daughter and I'm sure they have been in touch. The fiance went to the campus to help in the search...not sure what the parents could do right now that would be effective. Maybe the students who are on campus who know Annie are planning something, but that takes time. The campus was notified on Thursday, mid-morning. Why isn't Yale putting up more then $10,000? Why was everything so late in getting started. I put the blame on campus police and the university and not the family. mho

My friend in HS was Vietnamese. Her parents did not speak english and were very old world in the way they lived. My friend and her brother did all the communicating for them, as well as, navigating the simple day to day things we all take for granted. This may be the case with her parents? Maybe the Uncle is more Americanized? Just throwin' my experience out there.

Thank you! Point well taken. Gosh, we don't know if she has any siblings or really anything about her personal family ties. Why hasn't more info come out?????
Frustrating........

That is odd timing & they were not able to live together til ?? so what was the rush?
and she was med class of 2013 according to the yale paper (med '13 is how they refer to her).. that is kinda strange now that you think mention it. Her fiance' was the same age so most likely around the same time into his advanced degree.. maybe a little bit ahead because she was in the MD/PHD program

I'm not sure what shocked and grieving parents can do on campus! They probably found out their daughter went missing late Tuesday night or early Wednesday AM. There is a wedding on Sunday that has been planned for over a year. I would imagine the family is bouncing off the walls trying to make sure people don't fly in from out of town to attend the wedding. The entire event needs to be cancelled. LE and the FBI are searching for their daughter and I'm sure they have been in touch. The fiance went to the campus to help in the search...not sure what the parents could do right now that would be effective. Maybe the students who are on campus who know Annie are planning something, but that takes time. The campus was notified on Thursday, mid-morning. Why isn't Yale putting up more then $10,000? Why was everything so late in getting started. I put the blame on campus police and the university and not the family. mho
I am not *blaming* the family. I think it is strange that no one is speaking out on her behalf. I just base this on many past cases. It is not normal to go into seclusion and not say a word. Of course what knox had to say about culture could have something to do with the family part but what about the fiance'? What about the liberal campus community??? Perhaps there is just no media coverage.. and it is there and we are not able to bear witness. Just know there is no blame from me onto those parents..

and she was med class of 2013 according to the yale paper (med '13 is how they refer to her).. that is kinda strange now that you think mention it. Her fiance' was the same age so most likely around the same time into his advanced degree.. maybe a little bit ahead because she was in the MD/PHD program

Annie is in a multidisciplinary Ph.D. program along with medical students, pharmacology students, and I'm not sure how many other disciplines. I imagine she is graduating along with the medical class of 2013. Her fiance is a Ph.D. student in physics. I have no idea when he's graduating. I give the two of them tons of credit for making education a priority.

I am not *blaming* the family. I think it is strange that no one is speaking out on her behalf. I just base this on many past cases. It is not normal to go into seclusion and not say a word. Of course what knox had to say about culture could have something to do with the family part but what about the fiance'? What about the liberal campus community??? Perhaps there is just no media coverage.. and it is there and we are not able to bear witness. Just know there is no blame from me onto those parents..

So sorry - I never said you blamed the family. Not sure where you got that.

Annie is in a multidisciplinary Ph.D. program along with medical students, pharmacology students, and I'm not sure how many other disciplines. I imagine she is graduating along with the medical class of 2013. Her fiance is a Ph.D. student in physics. I have no idea when he's graduating. I give the two of them tons of credit for making education a priority.
tons of credit pouring out from me to them as well. For their educational persuits! for sure!

Good night everyone - thanks for the great conversation. Let's hope Annie is found safe.

OK, so given what could be a cultural divide as far as her family goes, but what about her groom to be and his family? No word, no comment, no pleas?

Is Yale leaning on them to withhold comments until further investigation?

They don't want negative publicity attached to the University name?

Just thinking out loud.............

So sorry - I never said you blamed the family. Not sure where you got that.
I meant... in refering to your post about all the family must be going thru cancelling the wedding, etc..

in other words.. I do not blame them for not being in front of the cameras making a plea but I AM curious... I am sure it is easily explained though..

Sorry for the confusion and my lack of clarity in my post:blowkiss:

I agree with eyes.. time for bed. Here is to Annie being found safely and soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem