CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first blush this is very reminiscent of the other woman earlier this year IIRC.

Did you see the photo of the Yale male students in front of the Women's center holding a sign that reads, "we love Yale *advertiser censored*". This is where rape victims go. There is an attitude of hate toward women at Yale. I see it.

These crimes are like terrorism, with hidden terror cells, waiting to strike women with violence at any time. We live in fear.

Catherine MacKinnon's book, "Are Women Human?" ends with a wonderful rhetorical essay called Women's September 11. It points out that roughly the same number of women are murdered by men in the US each year as were killed in the Twin Towers (between 2,800 and 3,000). But those killings provoked no parallel war on terror.

Did anyone hear on Geraldo that a student at Yale failed a polygraph?

CNN is saying that they're still working on getting her out of the wall, that they're having trouble getting her out. I wonder how in the world she's positioned in that wall?

Thanks STEADFAST, I also thought it interesting on Geraldo that the reporter on scene said last nights report of a body found in the bldg and bloody clothes in the ceiling were really true after all.

He said it could be that LE held that back as they didn't want to skew capturing the unsub at that time.

My gut tells me like Nurse's that the killer will be named shortly. How many possibilities could there be that had the opportunity for one thing? Very few I expect. xox

True, but it may narrow it down some. Check the videos of folk exiting for the fire alarm vs those who were still in the building according to their security log.

HOWEVER... if it was a "hit" job, then the perp could've been let in by someone else.

I'd be interested to know, too, if you use your card just to gain physical entrance to the bldg and certain rooms, therefore making it standard practice to just open the door and let a colleague or two in with you. OR, if there is a strict security protocol in place whereby each and every person is supposed to swipe in/out.

My husband says the lab building he went to (at Yale) had cards you needed to swipe in and out with but it was more so once you were in the building, not to get in the building itself. He said the cards were primarily used to get in the building only if it were after hours. He says most research labs there closed at 6pm, but doctorate students working on their research/lab work could go "after hours" as long as they had the card to swipe. During the day though, the card is used primarily to get into your lab once you're inside the building. The lobby of the building is like an actual lobby with study chairs and tables.

Did you see the photo of the Yale male students in front of the Women's center holding a sign that reads, "we love Yale *advertiser censored*". This is where rape victims go. There is an attitude of hate toward women at Yale. I see it.
Yes, it goes back to that emailed "Scouting" list which named 53 freshman women and "rated" them. I posted the link last night to the frenzy it caused on campus. They still do not know who sent out the disgusting letter and they seemingly closed the case. It was mentioned by a comment left on the Yale site by a person wondering if this was not associated in some way...like she possibly knew who the person was sending it and was going to expose them. However, I don't believe it has anything to do with her murder. This is something else entirely.

Jealousy would be my first guess. Either her wedding plans or her status at the school will play a role in the motive, imo.

Emma, I don't think the perp (moo of course) would have had time to autoclave the body... not to mention in the frenzy of covering tracks it would not have been a logical choice... moo of course..

ETA: not to mention that autoclaving would HEAT the body.. thusly speeding decomp and all the associating smells, etc... I think the autoclave was a cover. Woud be interesting to know which autoclave caused the firealarm (ie, location of the alarm that sounded) especially in relation to the basement... if it was in a different location.. who generally worked in that area?

The university officials explained today that the alarm was not a fire alarm. It was a steam alarm. Labrat explained that she believes the alarm was caused by the autoclave being too full - too much steam was produced and set off the steam (fire) alarm. Too full means too much liquid. I'm saying, the too much liquid was a human body in the autoclave. And no, autoclaves do not produce smells from tissue, at least I think that's one use of autoclaving. Discarding tissue, no smell.

I guess, sadly, I'm saying, Annie set off her own alarm. :eek:

I think a "chase" is a hollow area in a wall to run pipes, cables, etc. through.

So sad.

In terms of the fire alarm, sprinkler heads, if messed with at all, will start the bells and whistles with most major fire alarm systems. It's certainly true of the ones in my facility. Someone messing around with a sprinkler will set the whole building blaring with the rolling, loud alarm.

If this person was messing around in the ceiling, then he easily could have accidentally (or on purpose) dislodged a head and started it going. If it was an accident, it was really fortuitous, probably.

My husband says the lab building he went to (at Yale) had cards you needed to swipe in and out with but it was more so once you were in the building, not to get in the building itself. He said the cards were primarily used to get in the building only if it were after hours. He says most research labs there closed at 6pm, but doctorate students working on their research/lab work could go "after hours" as long as they had the card to swipe. During the day though, the card is used primarily to get into your lab once you're inside the building. The lobby of the building is like an actual lobby with study chairs and tables.

I guess what I was wondering is if it's standard protocol for a group of people to enter a room or whatever under one person's card (b/c the purpose of the card is just physical entry)? OR... Does Yale require that each person swipe their own card to keep track of who actually goes where. Does that make sense?

ETA: Maybe I watch too much 24!

Geraldo pretty much managed to screw the story up. Not worth listening to.

Putting bodies in walls, could be a janitor, maybe?

The university officials explained today that the alarm was not a fire alarm. It was a steam alarm. Labrat explained that she believes the alarm was caused by the autoclave being too full - too much steam was produced and set off the steam (fire) alarm. Too full means too much liquid. I'm saying, the too much liquid was a human body in the autoclave.

I guess, sadly, I'm saying, Annie set off her own alarm.

What a thought! With blood being found on the clothing I'm thinking she died from blunt force trauma, and then what? Put in the autoclave to both shrink her and bring decomposition down to a minimum?

What a monster to think of something like this. What do you think happened?

Joseph Schlessinger's wife works in the Pharmacology Department at Yale.

Could Annie's murder be somehow connected with that?

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Schlessinger

Schlessinger is married to Irit Lax, an Associate Professor in the Pharmacology Department at Yale.

hhttp://www.wcbs880.com/pages/137885.php?contentType=4&contentId=251395ttp://
From the Sexual Harassment Suit which was settled:

She alleges Schlessinger showed her a nude photo of a woman he claimed to be his wife.

``At that very moment, another doctor, Schlessinger's wife, appeared and observed him showing plaintiff the picture and started to yell at her husband,'' the lawsuit states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member