CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks STEADFAST, I also thought it interesting on Geraldo that the reporter on scene said last nights report of a body found in the bldg and bloody clothes in the ceiling were really true after all.

Could be that they looked down behind the wall yesterday (maybe with a mirror?) and saw that there was something (possibly wrapped up?) down there and thought it was a body, but weren't entirely sure?

I know Belief, the world is a scary place. They are not even safe at a prestigious university such as Yale anymore. :(
assuming it is her.

i really didn't want to cry tonight. i am so sad.
our children aren't safe anywhere.

So tragic :(

I hope they are able to find the killer quickly!
Since the fire alarm went off that day, I've wondered if whoever did that used it to get everyone out of the building so they could hide the body?

VB

Reichard revealed that a university student has failed a lie-detector test when questioned about the missing young woman but refused to provide details, including whether he was the same young man who had been led from the building for questioning early Saturday

Did R say this at presser or is it BS?

ETA..I meant to say misleading BS!

I was just thinking the same thing--why did it take so long to find her? Why didn't the dogs locate her earlier?? COuld it be that it was such a sterile environment and with the chemicals etc. that they were confused?

RIP Annie, so much for cadaver dogs, she should have been located before now IMO

With the type of items to be found in a lab, I don't know if blunt force trauma would be high on my list. Stabbing or strangulation would be my first thoughts. I think this was a personal crime involving rage.

Reichard revealed that a university student has failed a lie-detector test when questioned about the missing young woman but refused to provide details, including whether he was the same young man who had been led from the building for questioning early Saturday

Did R say this at presser or is it BS?
dang it if I can find the article I just had open in another tab... but the msm article I was reading QUOTED the fbi spokesperson as saying that a student had failed the poly.. it seemed to be an offsides quote to that msm person.. not actually stated verbatim in the presser the way that I read it/interpreted it

I guess what I was wondering is if it's standard protocol for a group of people to enter a room or whatever under one person's card (b/c the purpose of the card is just physical entry)? OR... Does Yale require that each person swipe their own card to keep track of who actually goes where. Does that make sense?

ETA: Maybe I watch too much 24!

My husband says if it's during the day (during the time the lab is open) then it's completely normal on campus to just swipe your card and a group of people enter. However, he says once the lab has closed (around 6pm) if you want to work late/after hours at the lab then every person needs to individually swipe their card so the lab can see exactly who was there after hours.

My husband also says that he thinks most likely this crime occurred during the day, and the perp didn't return that night UNLESS the perp has a lab card because normally Yale Campus Police monitor the labs at night to make sure no one without a security card is inside/attempting to enter. But, during the day, pretty much anyone can enter the building..they only need their swipe card to enter their designated lab.

a small adult would fit in a standard size lab autoclave. no problem. think of an empty dishwasher.

Perfect place to hide a small adult's body on the fly until you think of something else, such as... setting off the fire alarm...

(snipped for space)

My husband says if it's during the day (during the time the lab is open) then it's completely normal on campus to just swipe your card and a group of people enter.....

Thank you!

I was just thinking the same thing--why did it take so long to find her? Why didn't the dogs locate her earlier?? COuld it be that it was such a sterile environment and with the chemicals etc. that they were confused?
If that photo I saw earlier was any indication...it was definitely not a sterile environment.

The reason the dogs didn't locate her earlier is probably because they weren't brought in until this weekend. The brought bloodhounds in on Thursday or Friday, but I don't think the cadaver dogs arrived on the scene until Saturday when they found the bloody clothes.

I know during the scott peterson case we learned that the dogs could be thrown off, or show acknowledgement of smells when chemicals are present. So I can only imagine with it being a lab how easily the dogs could have not been able to search as trained.

Bless her soul and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members