CT - Drama student, 21, stabs 2 during reenactment of a movie scene, Hartford, 31 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Theater student, 21, 'stabs two classmates during a reenactment of The Butterfly Effect' | Daily Mail Online

A 21-year-old Connecticut student has been accused of stabbing two others on campus, during a believed re-enactment of a scene from the supernatural thriller, ‘The Butterfly Effect’.

Drama student Jake Wascher is said to have launched a frenzied assault on two victims, stabbing them in the chest and back during a rehearsal of the scene at the University of Hartford on Sunday.

upload_2019-4-2_11-45-52.jpegupload_2019-4-2_11-46-3.jpegupload_2019-4-2_11-46-19.jpeg

One of the victims, 19, was seriously injured by two stab wounds and underwent emergency surgery to treat his injuries. He remains in critical but stable condition, according to police.

The other victim, 21, suffered two stab wounds to his chest and four to his back. Authorities say they expect him to survive, the Hartford Courant reported.

Wascher reportedly attacked the two students in the second victim’s on-campus apartment, during a rehearsal for a class assignment.

He’s said to have fled the scene into the woods several hundred yards southeast of the campus, and was apprehended two hours later after a policeman spotted him between the trees.

The University of Hartford remained on lock-down while authorities searched for Wascher.

‘The suspect was “acting out” a scene from a movie in which a person [or persons] gets stabbed, at which point he began to stab both victims before fleeing on foot,’ Hartford police Lt. Paul Cicero said.

Wascher, originally from San Diego, is being held on a $1 million bail bond and is expected to be arraigned at the Hartford Superior court on Monday, on two counts of first-degree assault and an attempted murder charge.

Police say he has made several confessions to officers during his time in custody.

Hartford student accused of stabbing classmates was acting out movie scene, police say

University of Hartford drama student charged in stabbing in school dorm told police he was ‘curious’ about ‘what it would be like to stab someone’

rbbm.
Acting student who stabbed two while rehearsing movie scene allegedly told police, ‘I acted a little too hard’
"Jake Wascher allegedly admitted to detectives during an interview that he stabbed Brandon Gasparino and Thomas Nee.

He allegedly told investigators he was curious to see what it would be like to stab someone saying he got, “into his character,” and quote, “my emotions got the best of me, and I acted a little too hard.” Gasparino was released from the hospital Monday while Nee remains in critical condition.

Hartford Police told WTIC they’ve been getting media inquiries all the way from London regarding 21-year-old Jake Wascher. The acting student who allegedly snapped while rehearsing a movie scene.

He was scheduled to be arraigned at Hartford Superior Court but was instead arraigned in the hospital after a psychiatric evaluation."

rbbm.
Acting student who stabbed two while rehearsing movie scene allegedly told police, ‘I acted a little too hard’
"Jake Wascher allegedly admitted to detectives during an interview that he stabbed Brandon Gasparino and Thomas Nee.

He allegedly told investigators he was curious to see what it would be like to stab someone saying he got, “into his character,” and quote, “my emotions got the best of me, and I acted a little too hard.” Gasparino was released from the hospital Monday while Nee remains in critical condition.

Hartford Police told WTIC they’ve been getting media inquiries all the way from London regarding 21-year-old Jake Wascher. The acting student who allegedly snapped while rehearsing a movie scene.

He was scheduled to be arraigned at Hartford Superior Court but was instead arraigned in the hospital after a psychiatric evaluation."

Wow.

I hope he was also curious to find out what prison life is like.

O/t
A little surprised to find this case is a bit of what some call a "trigger" for me.
As a teen in theater class years (and years) ago, the teacher paired up ''odd couples" to perform a scene from a designated play, as a year end exam.
The male paired with me, whom i will call "Josh", was a quiet, bespectacled and quite overweight teen.
We rehearsed the scene which ends with the male character shyly reaching over for a peck on the female character's cheek (mine). It was perfectly rehearsed and then came time to perform the scene in front of the teacher and large class.
He leaned in for the kiss, then jumped on me with his full body crushing me, little me- painfully to the floor. Oh how they laughed and laughed and gave him high-fives for his great humping performance, i was embarrassed and in pain.
He seemed to be more popular in class after that and never looked at me again, wonder if he forgot, this thread reminded me that i have not.

O/t
A little surprised to find this case is a bit of what some call a "trigger" for me.
As a teen in theater class years ago, the teacher paired up ''odd couples" to perform a scene from a designated play, as a year end exam.
The male paired with me, whom i will call "Josh", was a quiet, bespectacled and quite overweight boy.
We rehearsed the scene which ends with the male character shyly reaching over for a peck on the female character's cheek (mine). It was perfectly rehearsed and then came time to perform the scene in front of the teacher and large class.
He leaned in for the kiss, then jumped on me with his full body crushing me, little me- painfully to the floor. Oh how they laughed and laughed and gave him high-fives for his great humping performance, i was embarrassed and in pain.
He seemed to be more popular in class after that and never looked at me again, wonder if he forgot, this thread reminded me that i have not.

That was mean of him, dotr. :(

(Ps: your post suddenly reminded me of Brandon Lee, Bruce Lee’s son for some reason. Iirc he was killed on the set of a movie...looking it up.
ETA: I’m seeing now that that was eventually ruled an accident...hmmm:
Brandon Lee - Wikipedia )

Last edited:
Here's another report from The Washington Post:

A drama student got ‘into his character.’ Then, he stabbed two people, police say.
By Allyson Chiu
April 2 at 6:53 AM

It was just supposed to be a rehearsal.

When the University of Hartford students gathered at an on-campus apartment Sunday, they were there to work on a class assignment — filming a stabbing scene from a movie, according to a copy of a police report obtained by WTIC.
[...]
Armed with what one witness described as a six- or seven-inch-long kitchen knife, Wascher allegedly went after the project’s director, a 21-year-old male, stabbing him in the chest and the arm. When a 19-year-old student in the room yelled at Wascher to stop, the report alleges that he “turned his attention” to the male classmate.
[...]
The university’s campus was immediately locked down as law enforcement scoured the area for Wascher.
[...]
“He saw police and ran back into the woods,” Cicero told reporters at a news conference Sunday. “Several more officers responded to the area, gave verbal commands and the suspect came out of the woods.”

Wascher surrendered and was arrested, according to the release. Cicero said Sunday that investigators were still trying to figure out what prompted the “horrific incident” and hoped to talk to the two victims who were also “critical witnesses.”
--------------------
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati.../?utm_term=.9ecb9fc1b010&wpisrc=nl_mix&wpmm=1

O/t
As a teen in theater class years (and years) ago, the teacher paired up ''odd couples" to perform a scene from a designated play, as a year end exam.
The male paired with me, whom i will call "Josh", was a quiet, bespectacled and quite overweight teen.
Bless your heart (sincerely meant), dotr, you had a flashback to a terrible incident in your life. I'm willing to bet he hasn't forgotten it -- I just hope he is terribly ashamed about his threatening/terrifying action that day and has never told anyone.
SMH

Thanks, sorry to have inserted myself into this particular drama, will say this though- sure glad the scene did not involve knives as it apparently did in this case!
No need to apologize -- I would imagine a number of us have a bad, scary, or embarrassing situation that we keep secret and buried in our memory somewhere. I, too, have one -- never told a soul, but will never forget it.

The victims of this horror -- I'm hoping they survive, do well and that they can testify to what happened. They will certainly remember that night, sooner or later -- this one is serious enuff for PTSD therapy, IMHO. The others who were there will have horrible memories as well.
Positive thoughts for the victims and their families.

I was looking for another case here and came across this one and thought I'd post a couple of updates.

A former drama student accused of stabbing two of his fellow students with a knife while filming a movie in March was found not guilty of assault charges on Friday after a judge found he was suffering from a psychotic episode at the time.

Jake Wascher, 21, of San Diego, is now facing years of state enforced psychiatric rehabilitation inside Whiting Forensic Hospital, a maximum-security institute for people acquitted of crimes on the basis of mental disease.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back