CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if CT releases exhibits once a trial is over? I really want to see Defense exhibit H which the defense admitted without objection from the state - KM's CAST report
I don't know, but I think, if yes, it would be extremely unlikely that evidence that is likely to be introduced in a FUTURE trial (MT appeal, KM) would be included in that release.

If we see it, it will be after KM's plea agreement or trial and appeal, and MT's probable appeal.

MOO

So many wonderful options for an "Ending Song" but the Queen song suggested above is tough as it hits all the right themes too...

I will go old classic for the End of State presentation that Jim Morrison I believe said 'started as a simple goodbye song' that is appropriate I think on MANY levels in this tragedy:

But a somewhat more recent one might work as well for MT too - Skylar Grey - Kill For You (Official Audio) ft. Eminem

Or Even....

Eminem - Love The Way You Lie ft. Rihanna

Could go on forever....so many great songs...

Last edited:
Tomorrow, GF will humanize Jennifer….not a toothbrush any longer, but a person, a daughter and a mother of five children…who loved and was very much loved back….and the incredible loss they all share.

She may even share what Jennifer shared about FD and MT.

I would hope JS will just let her quietly leave the stand without any cross whatsoever.

moo
Amen.

@afitzy

I do think D will try to implicate KM. It’s from the page in the D Playbook where they offer another theory of the case and a different Defendant. But the Jury already knows KM is charged with MT with conspiracy to commit murder because the State put it in evidence today. So - I don’t really see how that helps her. It could backfire and just help the jury get a better picture of the 3 person conspiracy.

But who is the D going to call to bring in testimony about KM? He’s not coming in, so there are hearsay problems if D wants to attribute evidence to KM. The D was able to use the KM car video to cross examine Kimball; but the D can’t jut replay the clips they like from the video (are there any? ayyyyyymm - meat, thunderstorms ayyymmm omelettes) because the video has already been played for the Jury, and we can already here Judge R’s ruling cumulative, waste of time. Sit down!

And the Judge also said there would be no playing of the tapes with D “expert” commentary “oh … look how she doesn’t understand this word” or “her memory is clouded right here - you can tell by how long it takes for her to answer …”

However, the D can argue the “another theory of the case” and refer to the video evidence “they like” in closing, so maybe they try to shove it in there.

MT appeared to have a recognizable portion of the sealed Herman report IN HUGENORMOUS FONT on the laptop in front of her. With AF right there, often turned toward MT and her screen.

C. Luft recognized it, sent a note to the Prosecutors who called for an immediate sidebar.

While Mama T took it upon herself to tap the defendant's shoulder, alerting her to change her screen. Either she or AF promptly returned it to the homescreen setting.
Sheesh, those people are crazy. They must feel very entitled to get away with anything. Actually, MT has so far.

Can someone please explain the conversation near today’s end about “quashing?” Was working and not following, replayed and still didn’t follow. Thank you.
PS I can’t imagine any of us will be able to watch GF without a box of tissues nearby. I so want to give that woman a hug. She should have been able to enjoy her golden years with visits from her beautiful daughter AND grandchildren. Thank heaven for her.

Tomorrow, GF will humanize Jennifer….not a toothbrush any longer, but a person, a daughter and a mother of five children…who loved and was very much loved back….and the incredible loss they all share.

She may even share what Jennifer shared about FD and MT.

I would hope JS will just let her quietly leave the stand without any cross whatsoever.

moo
I agree. Her role is as a witness to murder, though. The humanization will occur between the words.

I wonder what she has knowledge about regarding Michelle's murdering and tampering?

MOO

Anybody know if MT will be compelled to testify in the contempt proceeding or does she have the right to remain silent?
Good question. Time to listen to a real lawyer.

As someone who reads posts by people who claim they are lawyers on the internet, I'd think that she can't be compelled to speak. However, a real lawyer might make a distinction between criminal contempt and civil contempt. I don't know which this would be. If it's a civil charge, I think her failure to speak can be held against her to a degree. For example, her failure to speak can be used to draw the conclusion that she had in balance more harmful things to say for herself than helpful.

MOO

@afitzy

I do think D will try to implicate KM. It’s from the page in the D Playbook where they offer another theory of the case and a different Defendant. But the Jury already knows KM is charged with MT with conspiracy to commit murder because the State put it in evidence today. So - I don’t really see how that helps her. It could backfire and just help the jury get a better picture of the 3 person conspiracy.

But who is the D going to call to bring in testimony about KM? He’s not coming in, so there are hearsay problems if D wants to attribute evidence to KM. The D was able to use the KM car video to cross examine Kimball; but the D can’t jut replay the clips they like from the video (are there any? ayyyyyymm - meat, thunderstorms ayyymmm omelettes) because the video has already been played for the Jury, and we can already here Judge R’s ruling cumulative, waste of time. Sit down!

And the Judge also said there would be no playing of the tapes with D “expert” commentary “oh … look how she doesn’t understand this word” or “her memory is clouded right here - you can tell by how long it takes for her to answer …”

However, the D can argue the “another theory of the case” and refer to the video evidence “they like” in closing, so maybe they try to shove it in there.
@lucegirl, I hear you on all this...can't disagree.

Just sitting at the moment with where we are with the State presentation resting tomorrow and it feels heavy so I have to ponder more and think about KM being largely absent in an obvious way from the State presentation as I honestly don't know right now. Still processing what the State presented against MT and how the jury might process it all, or not and the impact of the absence of KM from the State presentation.

What fascinates me though is I think if you look at the States presentation from a macro perspective in terms of their presentation of evidence that its absolutely possible imo to see where each of the KM puzzle pieces are in the narrative of the murder of JF even though the direct evidence was not presented. But, as you said I think, this trial doesn't need KM as his presence doesn't in any way absolve MT from her well documented actions and so far as I can see that evidence in this trial speaks for itself on each of the charges made against MT quite clearly.

Each of the co conspirators had a distinct role and in many respects were quite separate even though their goal was shared imo.

The Defence truly has been all over the place imo: we started with JF was missing and not a victim but just an alleged victim, then JF ran away to escape her life and her children and still wasn't a victim, the fiasco with the discredited Herman report and the delusional and non fact based narrative that FD and MT were "winning" in Family Court, Defence then seemed to acknowledge that JF wasn't alive and even the word murder was used iirc, then memory issues of MT and the CSP interrogation impacting what she said in the LE interviews, to now what appears to be KM via their introduction possibly of the Stop & Shop receipt and reference to footage of the parking lot I guess with FD and maybe KM, IDK if that is where they are going? Along the way we have pretty much figured out the eventual appeal MT document too.

I simply don't see any alternative defence theory that has any credibility based on the evidence at hand and the 8 hrs of MT LE Testimony. I truly wish the State had introduced what had to be a 6' long spreadsheet from Detective Kimball on the 3 MT interviews as to me it tells the high level (and low level) story of this Defendant as it would really help the jury.

At one time or another the Defence represented their "theory" du jour that I just tried to summarise as being "their cornerstone" and worthy as a reason for some then leeway from Judge R in their 'testimony cross' etc. and they did this at least 5x that I counted. Judge R has to be fed up with the shifting sands of the Defence "theories" because the State masterfully I think put a pin into all of these prior Defence "Cornerstone Theories". The State was somewhat hamstrung I think by inability to bring in KM evidence for obvious reasons but I do think put on a masterful presentation of sufficient evidence on MT to convict on each of the counts imo. The last Defence "Cornerstone theory" was memory issues and so we will have to see what the expert testimony reveals. Judge R brilliantly I think said things will come down to 'credibility' and evidence and I agree.

Sorry for the above ramble as its probably useless but tomorrow is another day of testimony and I look forward to hearing from GF and perhaps my thoughts will clear on this all as its a bit fuzzy now. I'm just a simple layperson trying to put the puzzle together of this tragedy to understand how FD, MT and KM worked together to murder JF and very much appreciate your legal strategy and general commentary as so much of this is all very much 'above my pay grade'.

MOO

Good question. Time to listen to a real lawyer.

As someone who reads posts by people who claim they are lawyers on the internet, I'd think that she can't be compelled to speak. However, a real lawyer might make a distinction between criminal contempt and civil contempt. I don't know which this would be. If it's a civil charge, I think her failure to speak can be held against her to a degree. For example, her failure to speak can be used to draw the conclusion that she had in balance more harmful things to say for herself than helpful.

MOO
I am not 100% on this but Contempt of Court is the more serious as between that and Criminal Contempt. I know it sounds confusing because the lower variety has the word “criminal” attached and the other doesn’t. Contempt of Court is quite serious.

I have a question in case anyone knows....is there a state rebuttal period after the Defense presents their side? I heard the Judge outline the calendar today and may have missed that but did not hear it. Just wondering since there were no openings it seems things are handled differently in CT.

I believe it was a picture of Loverboy-er, I mean Fotis
Oh my....wasn't sure it if was FD or her daughter....

I think I'm going to have to post the song Tainted Love YET AGAIN as I don't even like it that much but have had it on repeat even though its not really about a toxic couple like FD and MT but it just reminds me of them oddly enough.

I still am a bit stunned about what a player FD was and his trick of using mens names for women in his contact list! MT had been with FD since at least 2015 and no doubt realized all this ages ago, she lived through a toxic divorce in which she seemed to relish all the details and get involved in protective orders and psych reports and evals and divorce strategy but mostly I'm stunned she dragged her daughter through it all. Simply another tragedy as that child won't get those years back and witnessed up close and personal one of the most toxic divorce actions in CT history in her childhood years where she was old enough to hear it all but probably not understand it all. Simply tragic.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members