CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that the kids wanted to bear witness and show up in court united for their dear Mother and in support of their dear Grandmother and to show the jury what the trial was all about. They put a face on the victim Jennifer Farber and showed the jury the results of the absolute carnage that MT created. FIve orphaned children and a heartbrokern, yet resilient Mother.
Somewhere above Jennifer is beeming like the brightest star in the galaxy
JMO
So true & so glad to hear about this support for Jennifer….

When Farber finished testifying, she and the five children left the courtroom, along with a number of their supporters who were present on Wednesday.

I’m sure this departure wasn’t lost on the jury.

Could anyone explain what the point was of the witnesses today… the friends & dinner parties etc.??? I was all lost on me.
[sniped for focus and a single response]
Yes, not a lawyer but will take a shot at trying.....

"Esteemed Defence Counsel" started his campaign today in his presentation to explain to the Jury that everything that they have been listening to for the past many weeks regarding what all was going on in the world of FD and MT was simply incorrect and that he is going to tell it like it really was in the lives of FD and MT. Facts presented by the State are to be forgotten or discounted and instead he is going to tell it like it was!

Enter Pond Guy who had known FD for 30 years and was a SKI BRO and we all know SKI BRO's stick together and he seemed to take it a bit too personally that JF wasn't at his pond all that much imo but he showed the world about his priorities as he shed tears only for the "pond invasion" by LE but couldn't shed a tear or ounce of concern for JF. Anyway, sorry for digression but I found him particularly offensive as a witness but he did serve to hammer home who FD had in his orbit of friends and as such was a valuable character witness imo. I really wish we could be treated to an interview with the Tout Brothers or even the Masiellos's as they most likely draw an even better portrait of the slimy world of FD than the world already has. But, back to reality.....

Horn is horning on today instead about how for FD and MT on the eve of executing their plan to murder JF that contrary to what the State had said that in their world "All is GOOD" and "The Children will be returning to the ski pond soon"! Yes. All is well in the world of FD and MT so by all means lets, 'EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY'!

Today we saw coached witnesses repeatedly saying 'all is well' and 'life is good' and 'it was all positive' and all the Hallmark platitudes mouthed today by Mr and Mrs Bland or was it Reich? I simply don't recall but you get who I'm talking about. In the world of Fd and MT it was just bottles of wine, bbq, greek salad and life is simply 'excellent' even though they were effectively squatting in a house owned by JF and GF and barely had enough cash in the bank to fill up the propane tank to heat the monstrosity of a house!

I think the old phrase, "fiddling while Rome burns' might just cover the scene in place imo at 4JX as "Esteemed Defence Counsel' is showing MT and FD having a tasty meal of meat, salad and whatever along with a good amount of wine while the Family Court situation had achieved mistrial status, FD just had his 'emergency custody order' rejected by Judge Heller (I never understood this but perhaps it was a preemptive strike based on the Herman report but Judge Heller rejected this immediately), FD with the assistance of Atty Mike Rose had just 'fudged' his financial reporting to the Court and been called a liar on the record by an incensed Judge Heller (sorry she should have put him in jail as he had done the same thing repeatedly for 2 years!), the Herman report had been removed from the record by Judge Heller, FD had supervised visitation and would have it for the foreseeable future, MT and her daughter had no access to the Dulos children so would have to vacate if the Dulos children ever returned to 4Jx (they never did) and FORE had houses that could not be sold as the market was slow and the houses simply too large, land that had not many viable buyers and the cost to carry the existing FORE inventory was beyond what FD could withstand for very long and GF was suing FD in Civil Court and would eventually have a judgement for iirc $2.5 million.

In short, FD and MT imo were done financially and the custody/divorce was effectively back to square 1 too.

MT with her $4,000 month child support at that time imo probably had more income than FD and with her house in CO probably had a positive net worth in contrast to FD who was effectively bankrupt in name only at that point!

The alternative reality that "Esteemed Defence Counsel" began to create today fascinates me given that I'm a simpleton and instead focus on basic things like 'where will we live when 4JX is no longer ours as we can be evicted by GF because you have stopped paying the interest only mortgage, and taxes and utilities'' and MT looking at a huge basket of past due credit card bills and saying, "FO-TIS how will those ever be paid"? and "I wanted to go out for SUSHI tonight and instead you had me cooking and cleaning all night" or "FO-TIS I went to turn on the hot tub and there was no heat"!

Welcome to the parallel universe as created by Jon Schoenhorn and Mini Horn whose name I never recall. Sorry, I know that is rude but I can't be bothered to look it up.

I'm behind and just listening to the MT hair person and this parallel universe of the dueling Horns I think will just keep building until it simply becomes impossible to believe that eventually FD commits suicide while being watched live on national TV.

Stunning stuff.

MOO

Of all the witnesses, I believe Hutch is the first and only witness to tear-up on the stand ... speaking
of their sacred pond! Gross!
Yep, the pond was sacred ground was the message I got.

JF didn't matter.

I didn't hear the story today of Hutch asking FD and MT to leave the gathering at the pond.

Wonder why that didn't make it in.

Appearances are important to folks like Hutch I think and he had no problem giving a friend of 30 years the 'heave ho' if it made the rest of the guests uncomfortable.

The wonderful phrase, 'fake, phony and fraud' comes to mind when describing so much of what was in the world of FD and MT....

Rinse and repeat and sadly our collective trip to NEPTUNE in coming day with Captain Schoenhorn might just be via HELL....

MOO

Last edited:

"Esteemed Defence Counsel" started his campaign today in his presentation to explain to the Jury that everything that they have been listening to for the past many weeks regarding what all was going on in the world of FD and MT was simply incorrect and that he is going to tell it like it really was in the lives of FD and MT. Facts presented by the State are to be forgotten or discounted and instead he is going to tell it like it was!

Enter Pond Guy who had known FD for 30 years and was a SKI BRO and we all know SKI BRO's stick together and he seemed to take it a bit too personally that JF wasn't at his pond all that much imo but he showed the world about his priorities as he shed tears only for the "pond invasion" by LE but couldn't shed a tear or ounce of concern for JF. Anyway, sorry for digression but I found him particularly offensive as a witness but he did serve to hammer home who FD had in his orbit of friends and as such was a valuable character witness imo. I really wish we could be treated to an interview with the Tout Brothers or even the Masiellos's as they most likely draw an even better portrait of the slimy world of FD than the world already has. But, back to reality.....

Horn is horning on today instead about how for FD and MT on the eve of executing their plan to murder JF that contrary to what the State had said that in their world "All is GOOD" and "The Children will be returning to the ski pond soon"! Yes. All is well in the world of FD and MT so by all means lets, 'EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY'!

Today we saw coached witnesses repeatedly saying 'all is well' and 'life is good' and 'it was all positive' and all the Hallmark platitudes mouthed today by Mr and Mrs Bland or was it Reich? I simply don't recall but you get who I'm talking about. In the world of Fd and MT it was just bottles of wine, bbq, greek salad and life is simply 'excellent' even though they were effectively squatting in a house owned by JF and GF and barely had enough cash in the bank to fill up the propane tank to heat the monstrosity of a house!

I think the old phrase, "fiddling while Rome burns' might just cover the scene in place imo at 4JX as "Esteemed Defence Counsel' is showing MT and FD having a tasty meal of meat, salad and whatever along with a good amount of wine while the Family Court situation had achieved mistrial status, FD just had his 'emergency custody order' rejected by Judge Heller (I never understood this but perhaps it was a preemptive strike based on the Herman report but Judge Heller rejected this immediately), FD with the assistance of Atty Mike Rose had just 'fudged' his financial reporting to the Court and been called a liar on the record by an incensed Judge Heller (sorry she should have put him in jail as he had done the same thing repeatedly for 2 years!), the Herman report had been removed from the record by Judge Heller, FD had supervised visitation and would have it for the foreseeable future, MT and her daughter had no access to the Dulos children so would have to vacate if the Dulos children ever returned to 4Jx (they never did) and FORE had houses that could not be sold as the market was slow and the houses simply too large, land that had not many viable buyers and the cost to carry the existing FORE inventory was beyond what FD could withstand for very long and GF was suing FD in Civil Court and would eventually have a judgement for iirc $2.5 million.

In short, FD and MT imo were done financially and the custody/divorce was effectively back to square 1 too.

MT with her $4,000 month child support at that time imo probably had more income than FD and with her house in CO probably had a positive net worth in contrast to FD who was effectively bankrupt in name only at that point!

The alternative reality that "Esteemed Defence Counsel" began to create today fascinates me given that I'm a simpleton and instead focus on basic things like 'where will we live when 4JX is no longer ours as we can be evicted by GF because you have stopped paying the interest only mortgage, and taxes and utilities'' and MT looking at a huge basket of past due credit card bills and saying, "FO-TIS how will those ever be paid"? and "I wanted to go out for SUSHI tonight and instead you had me cooking and cleaning all night" or "FO-TIS I went to turn on the hot tub and there was no heat"!

Welcome to the parallel universe as created by Jon Schoenhorn and Mini Horn whose name I never recall. Sorry, I know that is rude but I can't be bothered to look it up.

I'm behind and just listening to the MT hair person and this parallel universe of the dueling Horns I think will just keep building until it simply becomes impossible to believe that eventually FD commits suicide while being watched live on national TV.

Stunning stuff.

MOO
Thanks @afitzy solid analysis of the FD social orbit

Stunning stuff.

MOO
Trust me. Nary a one on here thinks you are a simpleton.
No one.
MOO.

Yep, the pond was sacred ground was the message I got.

JF didn't matter.

I didn't hear the story today of Hutch asking FD and MT to leave the gathering at the pond.

Wonder why that didn't make it in.

Appearances are important to folks like Hutch I think and he had no problem giving a friend of 30 years the 'heave ho' if it made the rest of the guests uncomfortable.

The wonderful phrase, 'fake, phony and fraud' comes to mind when describing so much of what was in the world of FD and MT....

Rinse and repeat and sadly our collective trip to NEPTUNE in coming day with Captain Schoenhorn might just be via HELL....

MOO
Yes.I was hoping that Mannis would have brought that up.
Maybe she felt there was no need to?

AF met him a day ago.

There by subpoena.

Has a waterski pond. Private, membership, serious waterskiers. Small community. Practice, compete. Big family.

Small pond. 1600'×300'. Competitive, 3 event lake. Short set up, slalom. 16 second ski.

Private property. 45 years. Club, 25 years old. Season -- weather dependent. March/May to September/October. Every single day.

[I like him.]
Beautiful pond for those interested

I say no. Could be

Michelle 2.0
Tacoma door panel

Easy enough to verify.

LE laid down several photos over the course of the interview. Play it back. I stake my lunch on it -- FD was the last topic. It's him.

She thought she was alone in the room, of one looking. Nobody but the camera. I caught it. I hope the State caught it. I hope the jury caught it.

After everything that's happened -- murder, suicide -- she kisses that.

Fatal attraction. Fatal to JFd.

Sickening.

Hold on, wait- MT was happy and fine and didn’t mention anything to her hairdresser on Saturday, but the next day on Sunday she was at the Pond with Nicole cowering in fear that JFD might come and kill her?

I hope the jury took good notes. This is a circus in 3 acts.

The story line keeps changing. Wish the Pros had asked the hairdresser if MT mentioned anything about being scared JfD might come and kill her. I mean that’s something you might tell your confidante right? That it might be putting you on edge a bit?

MOO.
This!! Bravo

I know she was staring straight down at her note pad as GF left the stand. Then she picked up a pen. She did not look at her.
Just recalling her statement in one of her interviews. FD had told her that he would get custody and she would be their mother. She said it made her happy because she was a "healthy" mother.
Wondering if this "healthy" mother even acknowledged them in front of the jury?

I always hesitate to bring back MSM here given all that has gone on with them over the years and this case but I do think this article summarises a fairly complicated situation related to yet another pretrial motion by Jon Schoenhorn and also brilliantly demonstrates his tactics used on 'rinse and repeat' AND with no stopping by Judge R via a gag order either.

This article imo shows how Jon Schoenhorn WITH THE ASSISTANCE of Atty Mike Rose [Coming to MT Trial shortly via Protective Order] imo effectively got into the public record a confidential document regarding the VICTIM in this case. I'm not repeating it here (its in the article) because my firm belief is that the document in question was just another FD and Atty Mike Rose Family court ambush. I honestly feel like the public should be treated to a PROTECTIVE ORDER FROM JON SCHOENHORN, Esq. AND MIKE ROSE, Esq.

Jon Schoenhorn has now for 3 years since he came on board leaked to the Press (here another reposter Lisa Backus and one of his favoured reposters) confidential information about a VICTIM, JF under the guise of blaming LE for how they conducted their investigation. This article saw Schoenhorn get a freebie 'two for' from Lisa Backus, he got to slam LE and VICTIM SHAME JF. Probably cost him a few pennies to do this but who can put a price on Victim Shaming as we all sadly learned from Atty Norm Pattis earlier in this tragedy.

Why did Stamford Advocate and lead reposter Lisa Backus repeat something allegedly from a confidential Family Court document? Why did Judge R and the State DO NOTHING to impose a gag to prevent these types of events from happening as we see absolute imo collusion between Defence Counsel and in this case reposter Lisa Backus of the Stamford Advocate. Its all happening yet again in the MT Trial with the discredited Herman Report has shown up illegally on MT computer and Judge R seemingly has done zero to secure the document or prevent it from ending up on the internet or stop the Troconis Crew or MT Counsel from talking about it. Its all a bit of Deja vu, but its been going on now in clear sight for nearly 4 years thanks to the CT Judiciary and Courtesy of Atty's McGuinnis and Manning of the Stamford States Attorney's Office.

Jon Schoenhorn has been leaking to the press via motions now for years in this case and the State has spoken up a few times but NEVER put forward a motion for a gag that I am aware of? WHY?

Where has Judge Randolph or Judge Blawie been on any of this? HEADS IN SAND and ditto on the topic of the toxic wasteland which is the social media of MT and the Troconis Crew imo.

How would you feel if you had a confidential document in place in Family Court in CT and found it detailed in the Stamford Advocate courtesy of local hack attorneys and a reposter named Lisa Backus? I'd be angry and sue and IDK why the Farber Estate hasn't undertaken to do this either on this document or the Herman Report.

But, bigger picture issue is WHERE HAS THE STATE been in terms of looking out for deceased victims or any victims?

HEAD IN THE SAND AND HIDING UNDER THEIR DESKS IMO.

Here is the article and frankly just reading this kind of stuff happening disgusts me but then I say, "consider the source", Atty Jon Schoenhorn, Atty Mike Rose and Lisa Backus...no need to say anything further imo.

Its all simply foul and wrong but here it is so you can read it and see what you think. But, remember when Atty Mike Rose hits the stand that he is the attorney who helped FD in Family Court to falsify his financial records and was called out for it by Judge Heller. Remember also that Atty Mike Rose imo worked in the case in the article below with Atty Jon Schonhorn to release negative commentary from a confidential Family Court Document about JF. Note also that Atty Mike Rose is saying in this SA article that the document allegedly photographed by LE was in fact attorney client privileged and YET it is fully described in this article. Did LE do this? NOPE. This was done imo by Atty Jon Schoenhorn and Atty Mike Rose and this is not the first time. Its being done right now with the discredited Herman report. And they do this because Judge Randolph and his brethren do nothing to stop it or protect victims. Shame also on Lisa Backus of SA for publishing confidential and privileged information from Family Court!

Shameful and wrong doesn't cover it but welcome to Corrupiticut folks as this is just par for the course on a good day.....

PS Article also has Mama Troconis entering the fray of the search of 4JX (Article confirms Mama Troconis was on scene 5/30/19 at 4JX - just in time for LE raid - I've always wondered about this timing.....)

Full version in case you hit paywall:

Former Dulos divorce attorney says CT state police took photo of privileged document during search​

By Lisa Backus, Robert Marchant, Staff writersSep 9, 2023

Michelle Troconis, who has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder in the Jennifer Dulos case, appears in court with her attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, at the Connecticut Superior Court in Stamford, Conn. Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2022.

Tyler Sizemore/Hearst Connecticut Media

STAMFORD — The attorney for Michelle Troconis continued his arguments Friday on what he called "unreasonable" actions by the Connecticut State Police during their investigation into the death and disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

Troconis has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder, tampering with evidence and hindering prosecution in the 2019 death of the New Canaan mother of five whose body has never been found but she has been presumed dead by police and her family.

Troconis and her attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, were back in state Superior Court in Stamford on Friday for the second straight day as pretrial hearings continued to determine what evidence or testimony will be admitted at a potential trial.

As part of a defensive strategy to attack the evidence and procedures used by state investigators against his client, Schoenhorn on Friday interviewed a Hartford lawyer, Michael Rose, who represented Fotis Dulos in 2019 during his initial divorce proceedings with Jennifer Dulos.

Troconis was living with Fotis Dulos at his Farmington home in May 2019 when police say he killed his estranged wife in the garage of her New Canaan home and then disposed of her body. Fotis Dulos died by suicide in January 2020 while facing murder, kidnapping and other charges in the case. His former attorney and longtime friend, Kent Mawhinney, has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder in the case.
During their search of the Farmington home in the days after Jennifer Dulos vanished, Schoenhorn said a state police investigator took a picture of a court filing in the Dulos divorce case.

Rose testified on Friday that the document was covered by attorney-client privilege. Schoenhorn suggested it was improper for a state police detective to have photographed the document without a court order or approval from Fotis Dulos.
Rose told the court that he had not waived attorney-client privilege for the document that was photographed. The document was a draft version of a motion that would have required Jennifer Dulos to "cease driving," and to submit to a psychological exam and drug testing, during their divorce proceedings.
Schoenhorn said taking a picture of a legally privileged document was part of what he called the "unreasonable" and "unrestricted" nature of the police investigation and demonstrated "how far afield the search went."
Troconis' mother testified Thursday during a hearing about whether a legal search was conducted at the Farmington home.

Marisela Arreaza testified that she flew from Miami, Fla., on May 30, 2019, to visit Troconis at her shared home with Fotis Dulos at 4 Jefferson Crossing in Farmington.

Around 5:30 a.m. the next morning, Arreaza said she and her 12-year-old granddaughter awoke to police officers at the front door. She claimed she didn’t know Fotis Dulos and her daughter were under investigation at the time, but she figured the law enforcement presence had something to do with the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.
She said her personal computer was taken and officers seized her daughter's phone without a search warrant.
In a separate motion that was argued before a judge last month, Schoenhorn argued that evidence seized from the Jefferson Crossing home should be tossed out on the grounds that it was obtained through an “overly broad” search warrant.

Schoenhorn on Friday also continued his pursuit to have the trial moved from Stamford to Hartford.
Christine Ruva, a professor and chair of psychology at the University of South Florida, answered questions about a report she prepared that indicated potential jurors in the Stamford area might have been exposed to extensive news reports about the Dulos disappearance — more so than potential jurors in the Hartford area.
The news reports in southern Connecticut and the New York media market, she said, were particularly negative in their depiction of Troconis and her apparent involvement in the cover-up of the presumed murder.
The defense believes it will gain a more unbiased jury in Hartford. Schoenhorn has also argued that the crimes his client is accused of committing occurred in Farmington, which is in the Hartford Judicial District.

However, Assistant State’s Attorney Sean McGuinness disputed Ruva's report, noting how the case has garnered national media attention that could have easily been viewed by potential jurors in Hartford. He downplayed the idea that a Stamford jury would be unfair in his line of questioning of the psychology professor during her testimony Friday via teleconference.

McGuinness also highlighted the extensive coverage given to Schoenhorn, who has drawn his own national media attention while criticizing the police and the state prosecutors in the case.

Schoenhorn has been crafting a defense for nearly three years attacking nearly every aspect of the evidence investigators have gathered against his client, including claiming state police lied about certain aspects of the case to obtain arrest warrants.

On Wednesday, however, Stamford Superior Court Judge Kevin A. Randolph ruled the police affidavit provided probable cause for the search of the Farmington home.

"The warrant did not fail the particularity requirement of the Fourth Amendment," Randolph wrote in his decision.
Schoenhorn has filed several other motions, which have not been heard, including those to suppress evidence gathered through cellphone towers, electronic devices and DNA samples. Randolph previously said he anticipates ruling this month on the remaining motions.

The pretrial hearings are scheduled to continue on Wednesday.

MOO - AND VERY VERY VERY ANGRY

Last edited:
I always hesitate to bring back MSM here given all that has gone on with them over the years and this case but I do think this article summarises a fairly complicated situation related to yet another pretrial motion by Jon Schoenhorn and also brilliantly demonstrates his tactics used on 'rinse and repeat' AND with no stopping by Judge R via a gag order either.

This article imo shows how Jon Schoenhorn WITH THE ASSISTANCE of Atty Mike Rose [Coming to MT Trial shortly via Protective Order] imo effectively got into the public record a confidential document regarding the VICTIM in this case. I'm not repeating it here (its in the article) because my firm belief is that the document in question was just another FD and Atty Mike Rose Family court ambush. I honestly feel like the public should be treated to a PROTECTIVE ORDER FROM JON SCHOENHORN, Esq. AND MIKE ROSE, Esq.

Jon Schoenhorn has now for 3 years since he came on board leaked to the Press (here another reposter Lisa Backus and one of his favoured reposters) confidential information about a VICTIM, JF under the guise of blaming LE for how they conducted their investigation. This article saw Schoenhorn get a freebie 'two for' from Lisa Backus, he got to slam LE and VICTIM SHAME JF. Probably cost him a few pennies to do this but who can put a price on Victim Shaming as we all sadly learned from Atty Norm Pattis earlier in this tragedy.

Why did Stamford Advocate and lead reposter Lisa Backus repeat something allegedly from a confidential Family Court document? Why did Judge R and the State DO NOTHING to impose a gag to prevent these types of events from happening as we see absolute imo collusion between Defence Counsel and in this case reposter Lisa Backus of the Stamford Advocate. Its all happening yet again in the MT Trial with the discredited Herman Report has shown up illegally on MT computer and Judge R seemingly has done zero to secure the document or prevent it from ending up on the internet or stop the Troconis Crew or MT Counsel from talking about it. Its all a bit of Deja vu, but its been going on now in clear sight for nearly 4 years thanks to the CT Judiciary and Courtesy of Atty's McGuinnis and Manning of the Stamford States Attorney's Office.

Jon Schoenhorn has been leaking to the press via motions now for years in this case and the State has spoken up a few times but NEVER put forward a motion for a gag that I am aware of? WHY?

Where has Judge Randolph or Judge Blawie been on any of this? HEADS IN SAND and ditto on the topic of the toxic wasteland which is the social media of MT and the Troconis Crew imo.

How would you feel if you had a confidential document in place in Family Court in CT and found it detailed in the Stamford Advocate courtesy of local hack attorneys and a reposter named Lisa Backus? I'd be angry and sue and IDK why the Farber Estate hasn't undertaken to do this either on this document or the Herman Report.

But, bigger picture issue is WHERE HAS THE STATE been in terms of looking out for deceased victims or any victims?

HEAD IN THE SAND AND HIDING UNDER THEIR DESKS IMO.

Here is the article and frankly just reading this kind of stuff happening disgusts me but then I say, "consider the source", Atty Jon Schoenhorn, Atty Mike Rose and Lisa Backus...no need to say anything further imo.

Its all simply foul and wrong but here it is so you can read it and see what you think. But, remember when Atty Mike Rose hits the stand that he is the attorney who helped FD in Family Court to falsify his financial records and was called out for it by Judge Heller. Remember also that Atty Mike Rose imo worked in the case in the article below with Atty Jon Schonhorn to release negative commentary from a confidential Family Court Document about JF. Note also that Atty Mike Rose is saying in this SA article that the document allegedly photographed by LE was in fact attorney client privileged and YET it is fully described in this article. Did LE do this? NOPE. This was done imo by Atty Jon Schoenhorn and Atty Mike Rose and this is not the first time. Its being done right now with the discredited Herman report. And they do this because Judge Randolph and his brethren do nothing to stop it or protect victims. Shame also on Lisa Backus of SA for publishing confidential and privileged information from Family Court!

Shameful and wrong doesn't cover it but welcome to Corrupiticut folks as this is just par for the course on a good day.....

PS Article also has Mama Troconis entering the fray of the search of 4JX (Article confirms Mama Troconis was on scene 5/30/19 at 4JX - just in time for LE raid - I've always wondered about this timing.....)

Full version in case you hit paywall:

Former Dulos divorce attorney says CT state police took photo of privileged document during search​

By Lisa Backus, Robert Marchant, Staff writersSep 9, 2023

Michelle Troconis, who has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder in the Jennifer Dulos case, appears in court with her attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, at the Connecticut Superior Court in Stamford, Conn. Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2022.

Tyler Sizemore/Hearst Connecticut Media

STAMFORD — The attorney for Michelle Troconis continued his arguments Friday on what he called "unreasonable" actions by the Connecticut State Police during their investigation into the death and disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.

Troconis has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder, tampering with evidence and hindering prosecution in the 2019 death of the New Canaan mother of five whose body has never been found but she has been presumed dead by police and her family.

Troconis and her attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, were back in state Superior Court in Stamford on Friday for the second straight day as pretrial hearings continued to determine what evidence or testimony will be admitted at a potential trial.

As part of a defensive strategy to attack the evidence and procedures used by state investigators against his client, Schoenhorn on Friday interviewed a Hartford lawyer, Michael Rose, who represented Fotis Dulos in 2019 during his initial divorce proceedings with Jennifer Dulos.

Troconis was living with Fotis Dulos at his Farmington home in May 2019 when police say he killed his estranged wife in the garage of her New Canaan home and then disposed of her body. Fotis Dulos died by suicide in January 2020 while facing murder, kidnapping and other charges in the case. His former attorney and longtime friend, Kent Mawhinney, has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder in the case.
During their search of the Farmington home in the days after Jennifer Dulos vanished, Schoenhorn said a state police investigator took a picture of a court filing in the Dulos divorce case.

Rose testified on Friday that the document was covered by attorney-client privilege. Schoenhorn suggested it was improper for a state police detective to have photographed the document without a court order or approval from Fotis Dulos.
Rose told the court that he had not waived attorney-client privilege for the document that was photographed. The document was a draft version of a motion that would have required Jennifer Dulos to "cease driving," and to submit to a psychological exam and drug testing, during their divorce proceedings.
Schoenhorn said taking a picture of a legally privileged document was part of what he called the "unreasonable" and "unrestricted" nature of the police investigation and demonstrated "how far afield the search went."
Troconis' mother testified Thursday during a hearing about whether a legal search was conducted at the Farmington home.

Marisela Arreaza testified that she flew from Miami, Fla., on May 30, 2019, to visit Troconis at her shared home with Fotis Dulos at 4 Jefferson Crossing in Farmington.

Around 5:30 a.m. the next morning, Arreaza said she and her 12-year-old granddaughter awoke to police officers at the front door. She claimed she didn’t know Fotis Dulos and her daughter were under investigation at the time, but she figured the law enforcement presence had something to do with the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos.
She said her personal computer was taken and officers seized her daughter's phone without a search warrant.
In a separate motion that was argued before a judge last month, Schoenhorn argued that evidence seized from the Jefferson Crossing home should be tossed out on the grounds that it was obtained through an “overly broad” search warrant.

Schoenhorn on Friday also continued his pursuit to have the trial moved from Stamford to Hartford.
Christine Ruva, a professor and chair of psychology at the University of South Florida, answered questions about a report she prepared that indicated potential jurors in the Stamford area might have been exposed to extensive news reports about the Dulos disappearance — more so than potential jurors in the Hartford area.
The news reports in southern Connecticut and the New York media market, she said, were particularly negative in their depiction of Troconis and her apparent involvement in the cover-up of the presumed murder.
The defense believes it will gain a more unbiased jury in Hartford. Schoenhorn has also argued that the crimes his client is accused of committing occurred in Farmington, which is in the Hartford Judicial District.

However, Assistant State’s Attorney Sean McGuinness disputed Ruva's report, noting how the case has garnered national media attention that could have easily been viewed by potential jurors in Hartford. He downplayed the idea that a Stamford jury would be unfair in his line of questioning of the psychology professor during her testimony Friday via teleconference.

McGuinness also highlighted the extensive coverage given to Schoenhorn, who has drawn his own national media attention while criticizing the police and the state prosecutors in the case.

Schoenhorn has been crafting a defense for nearly three years attacking nearly every aspect of the evidence investigators have gathered against his client, including claiming state police lied about certain aspects of the case to obtain arrest warrants.

On Wednesday, however, Stamford Superior Court Judge Kevin A. Randolph ruled the police affidavit provided probable cause for the search of the Farmington home.

"The warrant did not fail the particularity requirement of the Fourth Amendment," Randolph wrote in his decision.
Schoenhorn has filed several other motions, which have not been heard, including those to suppress evidence gathered through cellphone towers, electronic devices and DNA samples. Randolph previously said he anticipates ruling this month on the remaining motions.

The pretrial hearings are scheduled to continue on Wednesday.

MOO - AND VERY VERY VERY ANGRY
I've been upset with JS's Facebook and Twitter buddy "Lisa Backus" for years.

I guess MT hasn't "schooled" her about the responsibility of journalists, like dear MT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga