CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #65

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I suddenly feel bad for JS? He took on the case for PR and was overly confident, but all the struggles, over-orating, objections and meh witnesses are NOT good for his reputation. What was he thinking? Oh yeah, PR and visibility. I still feel bad for him (I know, I know....)
I would like to have some compassion for this man Truly. And maybe if I encountered him in another role. But.
He is seemingly so oblivious to how he comes across - a total lack of self awareness or he just does not care. He is sneaky and untrustworthy from what I have seen. I am trying to think of something gracious or unassuming about him. But.
Let’s say I wish him well outside the context of the trial.
Imo He has not handled himself well or honorably in this trial and has done his client a disservice with these defense witnesses. If feels like they are prosecution witnesses.
May the verdict reflect what happened to our dear Jennifer Farber and bring Justice.
From our lips to God’s ears imo.
JMO

I've seen a lot worse on cross in other cases, but McGinness does not need to piss off the jury
Yeah but that witness was stuck up, boring, and off-topic. That general stuff didn't apply to Michelle.

I wonder if her contact with the jurors creeped them out. I think I'd be creeped out if someone described Ted Bundy as if she had had a crush on him, as she smiled cloyingly at me.

I am not willing to criticize her research, although a lot of her opinions about it- I don't agree with. I do think she has a very impressive body of work- although I don't like how she sells it.

But, the jurors had to be bored, confused about the relevance, and creeped out by her.

The antics by the Prosecution probably was welcome comic relief.

MOO

Imo Judge R seems like he was tip toeing around JS’s treatment of state’s witnesses and blatant disrespect for the court/judge on many occasions AND antics from MT and MT’s mother etc but a couple of remarks from state that were a bit snarky and the court abruptly goes into a recess… hmmm. Something is amiss…
Good for the judge. Now the defense attorney can be laughed out if the room when he whines, "The court was biased!"

MOO

Quite the cozy group of pond owners, lawyers, lawyers for debarred lawyers, real estate agents, high end home builders, bi-lingual folks, rug buyers and sellers, all water skiing, celebrating Greek Easter, and having the same meal together on repeat. You have to belong to the pond club, sign a non compete, have a particular rug, speak Spanish and Greek, to get into this inner circle of sketch. So very odd. It sounds suffocating.
“Inner circle of sketch”
Great description :)

I’m feeling this, yes—though to me his expression of it came off as… off. I wanted him to say “Jennifer.” Did I miss that?

HOWHOWHOW could he have known FD for years and not gotten glimpses of his true character? Or overlooked it? Not followed media reports? Odd, IMO

Or was he so steeped in that deeply superficial bro/party culture (eloquently described upthread by @kaen) that his commonalities w/FD blinded him?

Am not discounting FD’s penchant for cool duplicity with friends (& family).
He was judged way too harshly. While I agree I was waiting for him to say Jennifer, we can give someone grace in that moment. In court, televised, getting drilled by an attorney- none of that experience is normal.

I would like to have some compassion for this man Truly. And maybe if I encountered him in another role. But.
He is seemingly so oblivious to how he comes across - a total lack of self awareness or he just does not care. He is sneaky and untrustworthy from what I have seen. I am trying to think of something gracious or unassuming about him. But.
Let’s say I wish him well outside the context of the trial.
Imo He has not handled himself well or honorably in this trial and has done his client a disservice with these defense witnesses. If feels like they are prosecution witnesses.
May the verdict reflect what happened to our dear Jennifer Farber and bring Justice.
From our lips to God’s ears imo.
JMO
Not a fan of his style but he has been an attorney for years, whether successful here or not. He is just fine. Likely ready to retire. He doesn’t really care what anyone thinks of him and I highly doubt he is doing this for PR.

The no number could be a snap chat response which would have no phone number because it is encrypted.
That is super interesting. We haven't heard about snap chat being used by FD, we have just seen what's app. But, its possible as iirc when MT engaged her daughter to chat with the Dulos children for FD when he had no access I think that is using snap (makes sense based on ages of older children possibly too idk). Not sure FD would have used snap based on his age as a stand alone messaging app but it could have been something he had because he might have used it to communicate with his children. Curious about whether this was what he used?

Just thinking more about this I do wonder if the crime trio could have used snap on wifi devices to communicate? We haven't heard anything about this possibility but its possible imo. There would have been no way I can think of to track this but it would leave them vulnerable to being captured on video someplace trying to get a free wifi signal. There is a good amount of free wifi available so maybe this is how they evaded detection? IDK, PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART.

MOO

Last edited:
Is MT crying?
Yes I thought I saw that too. I am pretty sure she was. I think she was like wtaf my own lawyer is convicting me.
So many bad choices. Wonder where her rosary bead necklace has gone to from her earlier court days. She will need it in the jailhouse lock up.
On that side of the aisle I have the utmost compassion for MT daughter. I hope she has a loving father with a fairly solid moral compass or even just some really decent contemporaries/ friends/ surrogate parents - any positive strong bonds to get her through all this. JMO

From Can Police Crack The Code And Uncover Your Digital Conversations?. :

CAN POLICE RETRIEVE DELETED SNAPCHAT AND WHATSAPP MESSAGES?
If the police have a warrant, they can request your messages from social media companies like Snapchat and WhatsApp, but generally the police will only be able to see your unread messages. This is because companies like Snapchat delete messages from servers as soon as the message is read, or they heavily encrypt them and do not possess the technology to ‘unencrypt’ them.

Snapchat deletes all messages from its servers right after the recipient reads them. Read messages are gone forever. This means the police can only get access to unread messages.

That is super interesting. We haven't heard about snap chat being used by FD, we have just seen what's app. But, its possible as iirc when MT engaged her daughter to chat with the Dulos children for FD when he had no access I think that is using snap (makes sense based on ages of older children possibly too idk). Not sure FD would have used snap based on his age as a stand alone messaging app but it could have been something he had because he might have used it to communicate with his children. Curious about whether this was what he used?

Often times when things are grave a little levity goes a long way. Happens every day in ER's, OR's and Trauma centers , IMO.
Sad situations. Death situations. Horrific situations.
It's the only way to defeat the tears.
Kinda like an Irish wake.
MOO.
Yes, totally agree. The L&C chat has been the only thing keeping me going through so much of this awful testimony. This trial and the overall murder of JF is heavy going and without the periodic lifting found in levity I know I wouldn't be able to make it through all this. Viewing with a group too that has been around for so long also makes it bearable as I don't know if I could watch this without the group either. That's just me, we all are different. MOO

Yes I thought I saw that too. I am pretty sure she was. I think she was like wtaf my own lawyer is convicting me.
So many bad choices. Wonder where her rosary bead necklace has gone to from her earlier court days. She will need it in the jailhouse lock up.
On that side of the aisle I have the utmost compassion for MT daughter. I hope she has a loving father with a fairly solid moral compass or even just some really decent contemporaries/ friends/ surrogate parents - any positive strong bonds to get her through all this. JMO
I'm with you on MT daughter being a Victim too. Sadly we have seen no impact from Baby Daddy as MT Daughter seems to have been surrounded mostly with Troconis Crew. Its odd thought because for a long times she was 6 months in Argentina and 6 months in US. IDK if they did this so she could ski year round or what all was going on but she did stay with the Baby Daddy family so perhaps they help the situation. We just don't know as Baby Daddy has been invisible in US.

I’m sure it’s not easy-she should cut her price
Frankly imo she needed a recovery day but that probably wasn't in the budget. Dr simply seemed exhausted to me and I understand it. If she was coming from SFO they have had non stop weather disruptions for 3-5 days now so who knows what she encountered in her travel East. There have been tons of delayed flights coming East too.

But, the thing that hit me with the Loftus testimony is that she simply didn't seem to want to engage and her lack of awareness of MT and overall case was stunning too. It was mind blowing to see her only seem to wake up and display some 'pep' when she was discussing Ted Bundy! She just didn't seem vested or engage was my take and that disappointed me as I've seen her really engage in some of her other trials. She imo just didn't seem present today and that bothered me.

MOO

From Can Police Crack The Code And Uncover Your Digital Conversations?. :

CAN POLICE RETRIEVE DELETED SNAPCHAT AND WHATSAPP MESSAGES?
If the police have a warrant, they can request your messages from social media companies like Snapchat and WhatsApp, but generally the police will only be able to see your unread messages. This is because companies like Snapchat delete messages from servers as soon as the message is read, or they heavily encrypt them and do not possess the technology to ‘unencrypt’ them.

Snapchat deletes all messages from its servers right after the recipient reads them. Read messages are gone forever. This means the police can only get access to unread messages.
Yes, BUT iirc we have seen other trials where the very dated Snapchat messages are able to be retrieved which is NOT what their policies state. I think there is alot of doubt about whether the public Snap guidelines are in fact the truth of what they do in terms of data storage! Given the overall concerns about Snapchat business practices and their security in generalI simply don't understand why people use it? Its no mystery why many govt employees such as the military or corporations ban snap and block it even being on their employees phones. MOO

State reviewing -- no contact in January 2019 to supervised visitation in March.

His limited appearance changed, he can't recall how many motions, FD filed some himself. March to May.

Rose is fairly sure he didn't get a copy of the report. Got a copy later. Says there was an order not to disseminate. But can't recall if he did it before the order. Or if he did it despite the order, doesn't think he would. [Whoa]

FD was happy, filed a motion, heard, still had structured visitation.

At the end of the day, nothing changed.

[Bam]

State asks about his conversations with MT, was it hard on her? Somebody, he says, may have asked him to talk to her. [Hello]

[IMO FD was afraid MT would find out she STILL had to vacate over visitation!]
I know I’m several pages behind but I don’t buy Rose’s story at all. I’m a public school teacher with no law degree and I know when student psych reports are confidential, who they can be shared with, and to whom I have showed them to. I don’t believe his story for one second that he can’t remember.

I know, I wish Michelle Troconis put her daughter first and not Fotis Dulos. She had so many opportunities to come clean, the police pretty much begged her as did Andrew Bowman in my opinion; you can see from the police interviews that she was laser focused sticking to the script to protect Fotis and their elaborate murder scheme. I am sure he promised her it was full-proof. That it was tight, that she would never get in trouble. It was going to be fine. Until it wasn’t and Jennifer Dulos fought until her last breath to leave evidence.

Michelle could have come forward to protect her daughter but she couldn’t as she already lied too much to her family and friends and secondly she wasn’t sure if Kent would roll and you know he knows everything about her involvement.

She now faces the reality that she gambled with as she thought money could buy her freedom but the truth is free! Too bad she didn’t tell the truth, it would have set her free.

Moo

Yes, totally agree. The L&C chat has been the only thing keeping me going through so much of this awful testimony. This trial and the overall murder of JF is heavy going and without the periodic lifting found in levity I know I wouldn't be able to make it through all this. Viewing with a group too that has been around for so long also makes it bearable as I don't know if I could watch this without the group either. That's just me, we all are different. MOO
True. And there may be some posters that are offended by it.
I try to be mindful of that but then forget.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member