GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #71

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s all for the love for Jennifer Farber, her mother Gloria, her beautiful children and ALL of Jennifer’s friends and family. I wish Jennifer could be found so she can have a proper resting place for her family and friends to visit but my faith believes her soul is in heaven and she is that bright and shinning angel looking down on all of her loved ones!
I'm with you on this. I speculate that LE gave enough info to GF to convince her that there is no body to find and she has moved on and focused on her well being along with the children. We never heard details of MIRA search and nothing was entered into evidence about those weeks searching that plant. I do think alot of evidence exists that was shared with the family and which was never made public. Speculation on my part but so little imo showed up at the MT trial given that the investigation cost millions and continues at some level even to this day.

Closure on a death is difficult even with a body but GF was smart enough to know that life goes on but that people cannot move on unless horrific circumstances and lack of a victims body are accepted and processed on some level.

I was trying to think of an example of a well known person who never processed the death of a parent at a young age that most people would know and all I could think of is a misguided, stupid and pathetic soul such as Prince Harry who believed well into his young adulthood that his mother (Princess Diana) would suddenly show up in his life. Flash forward to Prince Harry at 40 years old and he really is no different than when he was 12 years old in many respects imo and has made his persona impossible to disentangle from his late mother as it still seems he never became his own person, separate and apart from his mother imo and he never stops talking about her.

Its imo quite sad to watch someone never evolving beyond their childhood trauma and I think GF did the hard work and put her possible personal grief and personal issues aside to make sure that the 5 children didn't turn into Prince Harry imo and that they had their lives to live forward and not be fixated on the inexplicable trauma from childhood. Smart lady is GF imo!

MOO

exactly how I saw all of it-especially Bowman’s change in demeanor
Unreal watching this again. Thanks for reposting.

MT is actually angry and frustrated that LE wants to talk about and ask her about JF as it moves her off the well prepared 'JF is dangerous and deranged narrative that was preplanned and rehearsed'.

To see MT clearly also disregard the instructions of Atty Bowman and instead deliver her rehearsed remarks about the contents of the discredited report is STUNNING as well. MT didn't care what Mami Troconis said ('zip it') and didn't care what Atty Bowman said ('no don't discuss the report') and INSTEAD she reverted to what FD and KM and I guess Atty Pyetranker had told her about the need for a consistent repeating of the alibi script. Its hard to tell if MT is simply stupid or brilliant? I guess its stupid because she is now the Duchess of York and will be so for maybe 14.5 years but to see someone disregarding legal counsel imo tells you everything you need to know about MT. Imo she trusted the advice from KM and FD more on how to conduct herself with police vs anything Atty Bowman was recommending.

It stunned me watching this the first and second time and now again months later it still stuns.

To see the self absorption and the agitation in MT about being taken 'away from her script' and her frustration about losing control of the direction of questioning and the focus moving to JF is like watching a masterclass from LE in how to irritate a narcissist. The detectives consistently have to redirect and refocus and its also fascinating to see how imo Atty Bowman gets more and more tense or possibly even frustrated with his client who at this point is herself conducting a masterclass in misdirection and lying. Classic stuff and I hope its all played yet again for any jury in the habeas case or even for the Judge if that case isn't heard by a jury.

MOO

I always wondered if in some places, you could choose the public defender, rather than hiring a high priced attorney (you know, like in “My Cousin Vinny”). Of course, you may consider the possibility that you’re taking a risk of hiring someone who may not be as experienced, and who could possibly be overworked. I am not too concerned about whether or not MT is entitled to have a public defender in a state where you have to be indigent; more concerned about the judges who have collectively allowed the Troconis family to continue to batter a murder victim, not because it helps Mt’s actual case, but because MT hated and was jealous of Jennifer Dulos. Oh, and throwing out her phone data, eliminating a charge for which she was convicted, and continuing to kick the contempt charge down the road, to her benefit.
If I hadn’t followed this case, I’d never believe what you just detailed could be true. I really hope that Jennifer’s family have been able to somewhat move on with their lives and not have to continue suffering with the ridiculous hold ups, excuses, challenges as MT continues to torment them.

AND YET MT CONTINUES TO LIE AND HER ATTORNEYS ALLOW HER TO DO IT IMO.

WHY??????? Is it simply because she knows she can get away with it and attorneys do it because they know there is no oversight in the State of CT and CT Bar works to protect corrupt practitioners and not oust those that skirt and cross the lines of the law?

UNREAL but a sadly consistent pattern with FD, KM and MT.

Watch your wallet always with defendants and any lawyers attached to them imo. SHAMEFUL and SHAMELESS.
^^rsbm

Unfortunately, this practice is not limited to CT. I think we will find similar wherever defense dollars are plentiful.

For two+ years, I've been watching a well-heeled, Colorado defense attorney with her own political agenda to take down prosecutors (i.e., violating the civil rights of defendants) act to have a Judge removed from her case (alleged conflict), knowing his replacement would be one of her liking. And like a well oiled machine, the replacement Judge ate up anything the defense was selling-- where the Court's rulings in favor of the defense blatantly ignored the State's response to the defense's Motion! Seems this was OK because the Judge added a footnote to their ruling to confirm they did not consider the State's response!

Nothing to see here folks, lies, misstatements, are now the defense's alternate facts-- where defenders hide behind "litigation privilege."

Yes, it's indeed shameful and shameless. MOO

I'm with you on this. I speculate that LE gave enough info to GF to convince her that there is no body to find and she has moved on and focused on her well being along with the children. We never heard details of MIRA search and nothing was entered into evidence about those weeks searching that plant. I do think alot of evidence exists that was shared with the family and which was never made public. Speculation on my part but so little imo showed up at the MT trial given that the investigation cost millions and continues at some level even to this day.

Closure on a death is difficult even with a body but GF was smart enough to know that life goes on but that people cannot move on unless horrific circumstances and lack of a victims body are accepted and processed on some level.

I was trying to think of an example of a well known person who never processed the death of a parent at a young age that most people would know and all I could think of is a misguided, stupid and pathetic soul such as Prince Harry who believed well into his young adulthood that his mother (Princess Diana) would suddenly show up in his life. Flash forward to Prince Harry at 40 years old and he really is no different than when he was 12 years old in many respects imo and has made his persona impossible to disentangle from his late mother as it still seems he never became his own person, separate and apart from his mother imo and he never stops talking about her.

Its imo quite sad to watch someone never evolving beyond their childhood trauma and I think GF did the hard work and put her possible personal grief and personal issues aside to make sure that the 5 children didn't turn into Prince Harry imo and that they had their lives to live forward and not be fixated on the inexplicable trauma from childhood. Smart lady is GF imo!

MOO
I agree with you about Harry and on a personal note, I think the woman he married didn’t help matters. Anyway, I know of a woman who lost her mother when she was only 9 years old. Left with a blind, alcoholic father and no siblings. Today, she is married with no children and still lives in the same house where she was born. She never brought up the subject of having children to me and I never asked. I believe the death of her Mom
had a profound effect on her life.

^^rsbm

Unfortunately, this practice is not limited to CT. I think we will find similar wherever defense dollars are plentiful.

For two+ years, I've been watching a well-heeled, Colorado defense attorney with her own political agenda to take down prosecutors (i.e., violating the civil rights of defendants) act to have a Judge removed from her case (alleged conflict), knowing his replacement would be one of her liking. And like a well oiled machine, the replacement Judge ate up anything the defense was selling-- where the Court's rulings in favor of the defense blatantly ignored the State's response to the defense's Motion! Seems this was OK because the Judge added a footnote to their ruling to confirm they did not consider the State's response!

Nothing to see here folks, lies, misstatements, are now the defense's alternate facts-- where defenders hide behind "litigation privilege."

Seems like the whole country is going to HE double toothpicks.

MT simply seems incapable of telling the truth even when she won't be hurt by it.

But, what bothers me is that her latest attorney prepared the filing made to the Court on behalf of his client, allowed MT to sign it and submitted it BUT it was filled with MT lies that can easily be checked back. Family Court records exist to explain the nature of the communications between JF and FD and MT clearly knew how the communication worked as demonstrated in the great video you posted, AND YET her attorney allowed her to sign off on a statement that contradicts KNOWN AND EASILY VERIFIABLE FACTS?

I'm going to have to go back to the CT Rules of Professional Conduct but imo based on my recollection, preparing a document on behalf of a client that contains lies is not permitted. Insane to even have to research such a question imo as the system is premised on "whole truth and nothing but the truth" and by virtue of her signature on the document she is testifying about the contents of the document prepared by her attorney.

All this isn't difficult AND YET we see MT and her attorneys be it Jon Schoenhorn from Hartford, CT or Audrey Felson of Stamford, CT and now this new attorney, preparing documents containing lies. These latest statements aren't misstatements or errors or even recollections might vary kinds of statements. These are statements on video or part of court cases where official records exist. The Family Court minder that was on the stand in the MT criminal case explained aspects of the communication platform used by JF and FD. the GAL, corrupt and incompetent imo as he is, could verify the communication process quite easily too.

WHY??????? Is it simply because she knows she can get away with it and attorneys do it because they know there is no oversight in the State of CT and CT Bar works to protect corrupt practitioners and not oust those that skirt and cross the lines of the law?

Watch your wallet always with defendants and any lawyers attached to them imo. SHAMEFUL and SHAMELESS.

MOO

Question for the legal minds here, what happens procedurally now? Who reviews this document (a specific committee or judge) and then what happens? Does this take months or years?

IMO, this document filed by an attorney and signed by Michelle is simply inaccurate and based on her reality, which isn’t truthful and can be easily fact checked. Her Horn and mini horn defense team was so weak, IMO, no actual phone records of MT or Petu to support their conversation the day of the event (which Petu testified under oath), the stormy weather data day was wacky, no true ordinary character witnesses from other parents of her daughter or work-related friends or FORE group employees or baby daddy or folks she socialized with or sold rugs to, not one person to validate her inability to understand the english language etc. it goes on and on. I guess they did the best they could considering this defendant, but they were, IMO, clearly incompetent and ill prepared and certainly went way over the l line many times legally (because they could).

I guess if I had nothing else to do for 14.5 years, I, too would give the appellant process a shot, but I would have to think there has to be a backstop by the assigned attorney to, at the very least, make sure facts are facts before I spend tax payers money to possibly retry this case because, IMO, if this does get approved, there are so many mis truths that it will immediately sink like quicksand. It seems like she just wants a “do over” based on her facts/reality. Already, such a waste of time. Very eye opening how this process works. TYIA for whomever can enlighten us on the next steps. Oh, I did get a little chuckle when, at the last hearing Mama T spoke to reporters and said her daughter is teaching herself braille while incarcerated because she would like to help the less fortunate. Can you imagine having your blind family member being tutored by Michelle? Yikes. No, thank you!

THE BIG LIE.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
This is an excellent definition of the “Big lie,” however, there seems to be no evidence that it was used by Nazipropaganda chief Joseph Goebbels, though it is often attributed to him.

MT simply seems incapable of telling the truth even when she won't be hurt by it.
But, what bothers me is that her latest attorney prepared the filing made to the Court on behalf of his client, allowed MT to sign it and submitted it BUT it was filled with MT lies that can easily be checked back. Family Court records exist to explain the nature of the communications between JF and FD and MT clearly knew how the communication worked as demonstrated in the great video you posted, AND YET her attorney allowed her to sign off on a statement that contradicts KNOWN AND EASILY VERIFIABLE FACTS?

I'm going to have to go back to the CT Rules of Professional Conduct but imo based on my recollection, preparing a document on behalf of a client that contains lies is not permitted. Insane to even have to research such a question imo as the system is premised on "whole truth and nothing but the truth" and by virtue of her signature on the document she is testifying about the contents of the document prepared by her attorney.

All this isn't difficult AND YET we see MT and her attorneys be it Jon Schoenhorn from Hartford, CT or Audrey Felson of Stamford, CT and now this new attorney, preparing documents containing lies. These latest statements aren't misstatements or errors or even recollections might vary kinds of statements. These are statements on video or part of court cases where official records exist. The Family Court minder that was on the stand in the MT criminal case explained aspects of the communication platform used by JF and FD. the GAL, corrupt and incompetent imo as he is, could verify the communication process quite easily too.

Marisa Alter posted the MT filing document in her Court update article for those that want to read them:

Michelle Troconis files petition for release, claims constitutional violations; contempt case continued

2023 Connecticut General Statutes​

Title 52 - Civil Actions​

Chapter 915 - Habeas Corpus​

Section 52-466. - Application for writ of habeas corpus. Service. Return.​

Section 52-470. - Summary disposal of habeas corpus case. Determination of good cause for trial. Appeal by person convicted of crime.​

Question for the legal minds here, what happens procedurally now? Who reviews this document (a specific committee or judge) and then what happens? Does this take months or years?

IMO, this document filed by an attorney and signed by Michelle is simply inaccurate and based on her reality, which isn’t truthful and can be easily fact checked. Her Horn and mini horn defense team was so weak, IMO, no actual phone records of MT or Petu to support their conversation the day of the event (which Petu testified under oath), the stormy weather data day was wacky, no true ordinary character witnesses from other parents of her daughter or work-related friends or FORE group employees or baby daddy or folks she socialized with or sold rugs to, not one person to validate her inability to understand the english language etc. it goes on and on. I guess they did the best they could considering this defendant, but they were, IMO, clearly incompetent and ill prepared and certainly went way over the l line many times legally (because they could).

I guess if I had nothing else to do for 14.5 years, I, too would give the appellant process a shot, but I would have to think there has to be a backstop by the assigned attorney to, at the very least, make sure facts are facts before I spend tax payers money to possibly retry this case because, IMO, if this does get approved, there are so many mis truths that it will immediately sink like quicksand. It seems like she just wants a “do over” based on her facts/reality. Already, such a waste of time. Very eye opening how this process works. TYIA for whomever can enlighten us on the next steps. Oh, I did get a little chuckle when, at the last hearing Mama T spoke to reporters and said her daughter is teaching herself braille while incarcerated because she would like to help the less fortunate. Can you imagine having your blind family member being tutored by Michelle? Yikes. No, thank you!
Oh jeez-braille, is it, now? “She simply wants to help the less fortunate”? Has anyone here seen the movie or play “Chicago”? This reminds me of when they show Roxy Hart as demure, and sweet during her trial for murder.

I didn’t know there were that many blind criminals in prison.
Talk about the blind leading the blind!

I didn’t know there were that many blind criminals in prison.
Talk about the blind leading the blind!
I know, there's that and I certainly can't speak for any person challenged with blindness, but I'm guessing they feel a lot "more fortunate" than a incarcerated sighted person who co conspired a murder. Such an interesting statement, yet not surprising from this particular family.

IMO I wonder if a large part of the continued charade by the convicted felon centers on this - she was so distressed that FD had then moved on from her to AC - and she is therefore trying to seemingly ‘extricate’ herself from the mess that she and her co co-conspirator FD created? I think she and family need to re-read those circa 30 coincidences that state’s attorney Sean McGuiness assembled with her evidence. SMH. I wish that a good investigative journalist would ask them about these points.

Will also be interesting to see what becomes of the KM case and ultimate charges he will be given or prosecuted for by CT.

Lastly….. I am remembering and there was considerable confusion at the time IIRC. When the now convicted felon was in one of her early interviews with investigators, many believed that she looked longingly or fondly at a photograph on the table. And made a gesture toward it? Who was that picture of? Was it ever decided? Some indicated it was FD, others thought her daughter? MOO
Image management is imo part of what MT is doing but frankly that gives her credit for a good bit of intelligence that she by virtue of her past behaviour she simply doesn't have.

MT imo simply just keeps lying and trying to find a story that helps her get out of whatever mess she is in. The trial story didn't work and so now she is on to another story. I heard a funny explanation used the other day (non english) which I think describes MT and her family accurately: bottomless garbage can. There is no depth to which MT and her family won't go to get what they want. Literally they are human garbage cans with no bottoms! The law doesn't matter, truth doesn't matter and right/wrong never exist. Instead in their world with no boundaries, ethics and morals, imo the only things that matters to them is getting what they want. MT wants out of prison and proto and will just keep creating new stories like the bottomless human garbage can she is until something hits.

I don't care about MT but I am hugely bothered that she managed to YET AGAIN find a poorly prepared and seemingly corrupt attorney to present documents to the Court that imo are factually inaccurate. FD and KM showed MT that lying on the stand and in the documents is never punished in CT and so yet again we see it in the latest documents.

Truth imo is a powerful tool and one of the reasons MT I think continues to be a curious figure is that she chose and stayed with a narrative from Day 1 that was proven to be untrue BUT which also didn't serve her interests, assuming of course her interest was in staying out of prison.

Looking back at it all its curious but in many respects the argument for 'ineffective counsel' seems strongest for Horn vs Bowman. Bowman knows the ropes of CT cesspit legal system and was astute enough to know imo that he could spin the 'stupid girlfriend' and 'in wrong place at wrong time' and 'lover lied to me but I loved him anyway' narrative BUT MT would have had to cooperate. I'm not saying he needed her to tell the truth but she needed to stick to the narrative but instead she went rogue and chose to listen to KM and FD and the alibi script of mainly lies. I think we know now why this all happened and how MT literally couldn't ever tell the truth. But, Bowman was showing her a path to skirt the truth by telling alot about her situation that was true and which possibly might have been bought by LE. But, I think it all clearly blew up with the coverup around not only MT timeline but the murder simply expanded into a scenario that made it impossible for MT to do anything but lie.

Now MT is trying a new story and one which she sent up a couple of trial balloons about at trial imo. No receipts for any of it were presented at trial as no exculpatory evidence were provided by Horn and none seems to exist now. Horn fought to the mat to get the MT cell phone excluded and his efforts were assisted by a very liberal typical CT judge who imo hates the police more than he respects the law or cares about victims. But, I hope the cell and its contents are eventually opened as it might complete the MT timeline which still sadly has some significant gaps. Perhaps the KM trial if it ever happens will present more timeline data for MT and KM and develop the connection between MT and kM but Horn never really uttered KMs name at the MT trial and there must be a good reason for that being the case as he even went so far as to repeat the MT LE imo lies about KM from the interviews that, "she didn't know him well" and iirc "she found him strange and made her feel uncomfortable'. Right. KM prepared her protective order request for Farmington PD and he had been hanging out at 4Jx for years with FD. MT knew KM well and while perhaps she avoided him (I don't believe this for a second as the KM brand of law and sleeze was imo right up MT alley). I do think MT, KM and FD were 3 peas in a pod and very likeminded on many levels. Truth didn't matter to any of them and its all about getting what they want.

The thing is though imo its the truthful aspects of the MT/FD history that won't make it possible to peddle this latest narrative. There were the images of MT having to be legally compelled to not see FD and leave 4JX! There were the phone calls to Greece by MT saying, "she loved Fotis". There were the meetings/hookups with FD which happened after the Court told the couple to stay apart that were mentioned by Det Kimball on the stand iirc. I do think in the end the lies of MT did her in but what put the nail in her coffin were the truthful aspects of her behavior too! My guess is that MT might have been going to CO for the summer after school was out and will use this simply as part of this latest narrative that she was leaving FD. Thing is that FD can't testify. Perhaps KM knows the true story? I do wonder if FD kicked MT to the curb as he needed the money that Anna Curry had as MT just had the Begue child support and that wouldn't last very long for the lifestyle he wanted. I also think that FD was done with MT rages and drama as it frankly sounded exhausting. But I think with FD it was money and sex as he simply didn't want to work. He was working to get child support for 2 sons from JF in Family Court and he would have milked that support for years if he had prevailed imo.

In the simple world of MT I think she wanted to be the Queen of 4JX no matter what getting that role involved and this included murder, clean up and cover up and instead of working to make the deal being handed to her on a platter by a skilled atty and interested State Prosecutor, she instead chose to believe KM and MT on a strategy and now she instead is the Duchess of York. It bothers me that the latest attorney didn't do any apparent diligence on this latest go round of documents and I do wonder why he didn't do a better job of protecting himself and his reputation (to the extent that he cares or has one as he could just be another dirtbag CT attorney along the lines of KM, Horn and Rose and Pyetranker etc.). We shall see how more legal games play out.

Last edited:
Yes, but was it before or after MT showed the report on her computer?
IMO there should have also been a contempt charge against Horn for his sneaky act, because Judge Blawie gave him the report with the order that he couldn't show it to anyone else. And there he was--trying to show it to the jury. A few years ago there was a criminal case in federal court re IIRC an arsonist. The case had gone thru' CT state court first and the judge told def's lawyer he couldn't mention the state case, but he did so, and judge referred him to either the state bar or the federal grievance committee. So IMO Judge Randolph, or the prosecutors, should have brought a contempt charge against Horn--even tho' he was caught in the act.
YES!

But Judge Randolph just during pretrial could have referred Horn. THink about the withholding trial evidence for a YEAR and then using that same evidence to threaten the State Prosecutors when the evidence had MT hair on the hoodie!! If Judge Randolph didn't do a referral for withholding evidence, tampering and hindering too against Horn then why would old 'three card monte' game with slipping in the report as an exhibit bother him?

I guess my point is that Judge Randolph let the attorneys do pretty much what they wanted and the entire farce of Mini Horn aka Audrey Felson and the GAL Michael Meehan and corrupt Atty Michael Rose should never have been allowed to play out the way it did. IMO Judge Randolph could have referred BOTH Meehan, Rose and Felson for any number of issues with that farce and yet he didn't.

My guess is that Randloph simply had as his goal delivering the case in whatever form to the jury and then washing his hands and leaving. He seemed to care little about attorneys following the rule of professional conduct or evidence unfortunately. The pretrial period was a total circus imo and Judge Randolph lost control of the plot very early in the process. It wasn't helped by COVID and having I think 2 other Judges (White and Blawie) involved. IMO a single Judge should have carried this case through as frankly imo Judge Randolph didn't fully understand the early days of the case and how hard CSP had to work to simply get close enough to FD and MT to arrest them.

Who knows if appeal holds up and whether the Randolph record will stand. Its CT so 'who knows' is probably a safe bet here and sadly MT and KM know this well.

MOO

Image management is imo part of what MT is doing but frankly that gives her credit for a good bit of intelligence that she by virtue of her past behaviour doesn't have.

MT imo simply just keeps lying and trying to find a story that helps her get out of whatever mess she is in. The trial story didn't work and so now she is on to another story. I heard a funny explanation used the other day (non english) which I think describes MT and her family accurately: bottomless garbage can. There is no depth to which MT and her family won't go to get what they want. Literally they are human garbage cans with no bottoms! The law doesn't matter, truth doesn't matter and right/wrong never exist. Instead in their world with no boundaries, ethics and morals, imo the only things that matters to them is getting what they want. MT wants out of prison and proto and will just keep creating new stories like the bottomless human garbage can she is until something hits.

I don't care about MT but I am hugely bothered that she managed to YET AGAIN find a poorly prepared and seemingly corrupt attorney to present documents to the Court that imo are factually inaccurate. FD and KM showed MT that lying on the stand and in the documents is never punished in CT and so yet again we see it in the latest documents.

Truth imo is a powerful tool and one of the reasons MT I think continues to be a curious figure is that she chose and stayed with a narrative from Day 1 that was proven to be untrue BUT which also didn't serve her interests, assuming of course her interest was in staying out of prison.

Looking back at it all its curious but in many respects the argument for 'ineffective counsel' seems strongest for Horn vs Bowman. Bowman knows the ropes of CT cesspit legal system and was astute enough to know imo that he could spin the 'stupid girlfriend' and 'in wrong place at wrong time' and 'lover lied to me but I loved him anyway' narrative BUT MT would have had to cooperate. I'm not saying he needed her to tell the truth but she needed to stick to the narrative but instead she went rogue and chose to listen to KM and FD and the alibi script of mainly lies. I think we know now why this all happened and how MT literally couldn't ever tell the truth. But, Bowman was showing her a path to skirt the truth by telling alot about her situation that was true and which possibly might have been bought by LE. But, I think it all clearly blew up with the coverup around not only MT timeline but the murder simply expanded into a scenario that made it impossible for MT to do anything but lie.

Now MT is trying a new story and one which she sent up a couple of trial balloons about at trial imo. No receipts for any of it were presented at trial as no exculpatory evidence were provided by Horn and none seems to exist now. Horn fought to the mat to get the MT cell phone excluded and his efforts were assisted by a very liberal typical CT judge who imo hates the police more than he respects the law or cares about victims. But, I hope the cell and its contents are eventually opened as it might complete the MT timeline which still sadly has some significant gaps. Perhaps the KM trial if it ever happens will present more timeline data for MT and KM and develop the connection between MT and kM but Horn never really uttered KMs name at the MT trial and there must be a good reason for that being the case as he even went so far as to repeat the MT LE imo lies about KM from the interviews that, "she didn't know him well" and iirc "she found him strange and made her feel uncomfortable'. Right. KM prepared her protective order request for Farmington PD and he had been hanging out at 4Jx for years with FD. MT knew KM well and while perhaps she avoided him (I don't believe this for a second as the KM brand of law and sleeze was imo right up MT alley). I do think MT, KM and FD were 3 peas in a pod and very likeminded on many levels. Truth didn't matter to any of them and its all about getting what they want.

The thing is though imo its the truthful aspects of the MT/FD history that won't make it possible to peddle this latest narrative. There were the images of MT having to be legally compelled to not see FD and leave 4JX! There were the phone calls to Greece by MT saying, "she loved Fotis". There were the meetings/hookups with FD which happened after the Court told the couple to stay apart that were mentioned by Det Kimball on the stand iirc. I do think in the end the lies of MT did her in but what put the nail in her coffin were the truthful aspects of her behavior too! My guess is that MT might have been going to CO for the summer after school was out and will use this simply as part of this latest narrative that she was leaving FD. Thing is that FD can't testify. Perhaps KM knows the true story? I do wonder if FD kicked MT to the curb as he needed the money that Anna Curry had as MT just had the Begue child support and that wouldn't last very long for the lifestyle he wanted. I also think that FD was done with MT rages and drama as it frankly sounded exhausting. But I think with FD it was money and sex as he simply didn't want to work. He was working to get child support for 2 sons from JF in Family Court and he would have milked that support for years if he had prevailed imo.

In the simple world of MT I think she wanted to be the Queen of 4JX no matter what getting that role involved and this included murder, clean up and cover up and instead of working to make the deal being handed to her on a platter by a skilled atty and interested State Prosecutor, she instead chose to believe KM and MT on a strategy and now she instead is the Duchess of York. It bothers me that the latest attorney didn't do any apparent diligence on this latest go round of documents and I do wonder why he didn't do a better job of protecting himself and his reputation (to the extent that he cares or has one as he could just be another dirtbag CT attorney along the lines of KM, Horn and Rose and Pyetranker etc.). We shall see how more legal games play out.
Interesting and so much the case @BJarv ….. and it does sum the predicament. Granted IANAL but I don’t believe there is consideration of ineffective counsel of JS or AF in this case. Even their efforts to have the cell phone evidence excluded show effective ‘lawyering’. As were several other strategies and tactics used in their case. IMO the fact remains counsel can only really work with what their client brings them, gives them, or allows. And to use your analysis, if they are brought a ‘bottomless garbage can’….. that is what they have to work with. As we often ponder in cases like this, some things just don’t make sense. At the same time, IMO based on all the evidence and the state’s considerable and effective case and presentation by state’s attorneys Manning and McGuiness….. seems IMO this convicted felon is where she belongs. By her own actions…… and inactions. And there is much to be said for that…… even absent sadly the remains of JF. :( MOO

Please refresh my memory. When did Horn try to put the report on Jennifer into evidence (before Manning caught it and took it away)? Was if before or after MT showed it on her computer in court? (And then Horn sang out, "That's okay, your Honor.")
Was that actually a copy of the psych report re JFD? If so, did Horn digitize the copy that Blawie gave him? (And Blawie told him he couldn't show it to anybody?)
IIRC what we learned at trial was that Horn had a copy of the report from Judge Blawie, it was unclear if it was just hard copy or whether he had digitized it, Mini Horn went to great lengths to say she only had "4 pages" (I believe this to be a lie as how could she do the cross examinations of GAL Meehan and corrupt Atty Micheal Rose only using 4 pages). My guess is that Horn had the MT copy long before he got his 'official' copy from Judge Blawie. Horn could have digitized or copied that MT copy very early in the process imo.

IIRC Horn tried his 'sleight of hand' move after Audrey Felson failed with a similar move when she was doing the examination of GAL Meehan and Atty Micheal Rose. Felsons only trial contribution imo was this examination of GAL and Rose and her only mission was to get as much of the report and commentary about it on the record. My guess is that they did this for appeal but I'm not an attorney so this is just speculation. Judge Randoloph was enraged with the Felson performance and issued his takedown "you have crossed a double yellow line" and frankly Mini Horn couldn't care less and was imo disrespectful to the Judge throughout the trial. But her mission was the report imo and only the report.

Blawie instructed Horn to treat the report with the respect that it was accorded in Family Court (no copies, no discussion and not to enter evidence in the criminal proceeding) and imo Horn violated all three of these conditions. Horn commentary to the Press (Stamford ADvocate) alluded to the report many times and frankly was no different from Horn leaking other confidential info about JF to the Stamford Advocate with no care and certainly no consequences.

MOO

I didn't think it any mistake when JLS was very quick to tell the Court that MT did NOT get the report from him. He couldn't get the words out fast enough!

But I think this is probably true because we know that MT had the report long before she hired JLS (Horn). However, I don't believe it's true that JLS didn't know she had the report, and spoke of it as often as she could. The entire T-clan spoke of it and how Fd was going to get custody of the children-- but we know too well nothing is ever their fault. JMO
Yes, Horn imo had to have seen the report when he first met MT as we heard her discuss the report in the LE interviews so we know she had a copy back to her days of being represented by Bowman. Horn couldn't use her illegally gotten report (funny how she mentions all these illegally gotten items in her latest filing! Gotta love lazy and stupid attorneys in CT for allowing this to happen) so needed an 'official' copy.

Horn imo wouldn't have fought through the pre trial so hard to get the report if he didn't know what it said imo or possibly he did it because MT was obsessed with it and Mama T was in the mode of 'whatever Michi wants then Michi gets"? IDK, its all a head scratcher to me. MT has been waving that report for a long time. I keep wondering if the reason she did it was just a simple 'blame the victim' action to somehow create the idea in her mind that whatever she did to support FD was justified or simply an ego boost to herself (imo deluded fantasy from MT on this issue as well) or some other reason only known in the deranged mind of MT? IDK. I do wonder if MT knew the report from Herman was 'bought and paid for" by FD and so was known to be false and wanted to make the argument via the report that she was 'duped' as well? Thing is though that this argument would have played differently early with the States Prosecutor vs now after she is convicted by a jury of her peers on 6 counts (I'm optimistic the one charged tossed by Judge Randolph will return)!

I will never understand why the State didn't fight harder to make sure that no mention could be made of the report publicly? Judge imo did a horrific job to not button up the entire issue as it gave Horn and Mini Horn something to dangle in front of the jury but without having to provide a nexus to the case of their client (I don't believe one exists fwiw) or the report itself because Judge eliminated it from being introduced into evidence. Just another example of pro defense bias by Judge Randolph as it would have just taken one person on the jury to say the report was important enough and so they wouldn't need to convict.

MOO

^^rsbm

IDK known provable lies in a court filing prepared by a member of the CT Bar? Just another day in CT judiciary it seems.

We've seen it before and operators such as Pattis and his former partner Smith and Horn and Mini Horn are all accomplished practitioners in this regard imo as is GAL Michael Meehan too. I guess you can add Atty Michael Rose, FD Atty William Murray and who can forget KM? There are more that I'm forgetting but I think the point is supported by years of solid evidence! Maybe there is a 'bleeding edge' of the truth and the goal is to get as close to the edge and not get cut? Thing is in CT I'm convinced Judges don't care and State Prosecutors don't fight back or send defense attorneys for referral. Its a go along to get along kinda place unfortunately and so justice suffers.

I keep stupidly referring to the CT Rules of professional conduct and procedure as these issues pop up and so far as I can tell an attorney is not permitted to prepare a document on behalf of a client that is factually untrue.

But, we have seen this happen over and over for FD, KM and MT. FD did it all through the Family Court proceeding (think he had 3 or 4 attorneys there and none were sanctioned except Atty Michael Rose who was dismissed by Judge Heller) and the Civil Trial with GF was a masterclass in lying on the record as the Atty Weinstein deposition of FD should be a law school case on how to deal with a person lying on the record.

Fact checking the attorney prepared documents simply seems beyond what anyone should have to do as the system is premised on people following the rules. I do understand why CT Judges simply don't care anymore and why the State Prosectors Office cant fill job openings as the system is simply broken. Layer in a State AG and State Prosecutor that only care about bail bond and prison reform to get criminals back on the street as quickly as possible and it all makes a bit of sense. Sad but its all understandable why what is seen is the case.
MOO

Interesting and so much the case @BJarv ….. and it does sum the predicament. Granted IANAL but I don’t believe there is consideration of ineffective counsel of JS or AF in this case. Even their efforts to have the cell phone evidence excluded show effective ‘lawyering’. As were several other strategies and tactics used in their case. IMO the fact remains counsel can only really work with what their client brings them, gives them, or allows. And to use your analysis, if they are brought a ‘bottomless garbage can’….. that is what they have to work with. As we often ponder in cases like this, some things just don’t make sense. At the same time, IMO based on all the evidence and the state’s considerable and effective case and presentation by state’s attorneys Manning and McGuiness….. seems IMO this convicted felon is where she belongs. By her own actions…… and inactions. And there is much to be said for that…… even absent sadly the remains of JF. :( MOO
I'm not so sure. Yes Horn fought to remove the MT cell phone but he presented no alternative theory or exculpatory evidence on behalf of his client. Its stunning to review the evidence and he provided virtually nothing of substance! Who can ever forget his silly cell tower statements, 'junk science' claims with no forensic expert for the defense, Petu testifying about cell calls without presenting even her own records and on and on.

Yes, Horn had a 'bottomless garbage can' of a client to work with but I guess my point is presented no direct evidence that I can recall on behalf of his client to establish an alternative theory. If MT were going to leave MT (the evidence doesn't support this claim imo but I'm using it as an example), there where were the plane tickets or the daughters early release from school or the moving van reservation or even a receipt for moving boxes or text conversations etc. MT has ZERO in this regard that was presented at trial. The only document they tried to present was the sealed discredited report and that failed.

Yes MT is where she belongs so I agree with you. I just hope she stays there. But, it was her finding another seemingly corrupt CT attorney to pander her lies that just has me on last nerve!
MOO

IIRC what we learned at trial was that Horn had a copy of the report from Judge Blawie, it was unclear if it was just hard copy or whether he had digitized it, Mini Horn went to great lengths to say she only had "4 pages" (I believe this to be a lie as how could she do the cross examinations of GAL Meehan and corrupt Atty Micheal Rose only using 4 pages). My guess is that Horn had the MT copy long before he got his 'official' copy from Judge Blawie. Horn could have digitized or copied that MT copy very early in the process imo.

IIRC Horn tried his 'sleight of hand' move after Audrey Felson failed with a similar move when she was doing the examination of GAL Meehan and Atty Micheal Rose. Felsons only trial contribution imo was this examination of GAL and Rose and her only mission was to get as much of the report and commentary about it on the record. My guess is that they did this for appeal but I'm not an attorney so this is just speculation. Judge Randoloph was enraged with the Felson performance and issued his takedown "you have crossed a double yellow line" and frankly Mini Horn couldn't care less and was imo disrespectful to the Judge throughout the trial. But her mission was the report imo and only the report.

Blawie instructed Horn to treat the report with the respect that it was accorded in Family Court (no copies, no discussion and not to enter evidence in the criminal proceeding) and imo Horn violated all three of these conditions. Horn commentary to the Press (Stamford ADvocate) alluded to the report many times and frankly was no different from Horn leaking other confidential info about JF to the Stamford Advocate with no care and certainly no consequences.

MOO
“My guess is that Horn had the MT copy long before he got his 'official' copy from Judge Blawie.”

This. Right. Here!!!!! I have always believed this. He’d seen it, he had a copy of it, and he meant to use Judge Blawie’s permission for him to see it, as permission to use it. He just needed Judge Blawie’s permission, and he got it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back