Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waveny Park:
Portion of rear trails not enclosed by fencing. This would make the park accessible via foot from shoulder area of Merritt Parkway. Merritt Parkway is on other side of the raised dirt mounds.

upload_2019-7-11_16-46-59.jpeg

What time are we thinking the nanny took the RR out of the garage?

I'm not sure she was a live in so is it possible she picked up vehicle AFTER JD was attacked? but clearly BEFORE housekeeper arrived at around noon? I wish we knew if nanny had her own car or did she take the RR home with her the night before so she would drive from where she lived to pick up the children from school based on the early dismissal schedule in place on that date?

This is a big hole in my mind as we really know nothing about the nanny schedule, live in (I'm assuming live out with no info), and what access the nanny had with the RR.

If the nanny took the RR home then its possible she never was at 69WL on the missing date except possibly later in the day to let in NCPD.

IMO, the Nanny had full use of the RR and she did not live at 69 WL on a regular basis.

It was reported that the nanny did have her own abode.

IMO, she was given Full use of the RR so as to be available for the children at the drop of a hat.

It would be a waste of time to have to change vehicles every time she needed to pickup the children.

What if the Nanny lived in Ridgefield and one or more of the children were at a school sport function in Fairfield, then the Nanny would have to travel all the way to NC for the RR and then drive all the way to Fairfield to pick up the children? It would be better for her to have the RR full time and head straight from Ridgefield to Fairfield. Especially if it was a last minute need of the Nanny.

There is also no record that an additional car was at 69WL on that Friday.

If she lived there or just switched cars there, then her personal car would have been at 69WL, if she were in the RR with the children in NYC.

I do not believe the Nanny went to or took the children to 69WL that Friday.

I believe the Nanny picked up the children at 12:30 pm and went straight to Manhattan before holiday traffic got bad.

We do not know if the Nanny helped LE in person or over the phone and either is possible.

I am leaning to her giving the code over the phone.

IMO, JD enjoyed getting the children up, ready, and dropped off at school herself each morning and therefore would not need the Nanny in the mornings unless there was a change in the schedule.

It is Very Normal for a family to provide their Nanny with a full use vehicle in CT.

The possible use of JD Suburban for body removal is an interesting idea. The Suburban wasn't found by NCPD until 7:30-8 pm I believe. I wonder if there were any eyewitness accounts to verify seeing the Suburban at the Lapham Rd location during the day and if they can pinpoint within some range when exactly the Suburban was parked at the location where it was found.
Good question Aftizy, I know that LE was stopping cars that were passing thru Waveny on Lapham Rd Sat May 25th, the day after JD went missing, asking drivers if they had seen anything the previous day. A neighbor of mine was asked about it as he drove thru the park. If they got any info they are obviously keeping it very qt.

Good question Aftizy, I know that LE was stopping cars that were passing thru Waveny on Lapham Rd Sat May 25th, the day after JD went missing, asking drivers if they had seen anything the previous day. A neighbor of mine was asked about it as he drove thru the park. If they got any info they are obviously keeping it very qt.
Good info! Keep thinking about using this vehicle as on many levels it would make total sense (size, hiding in plain sight, already on site at JD house etc.). Not sure how DNA transfer could be avoided by the perp though if the JD car had been used. Many questions but it would be interesting if the JD vehicle were used for any part of the crime.

IMO, the Nanny had full use of the RR and she did not live at 69 WL on a regular basis.

It was reported that the nanny did have her own abode.

IMO, she was given Full use of the RR so as to be available for the children at the drop of a hat.

It would be a waste of time to have to change vehicles every time she needed to pickup the children.

What if the Nanny lived in Ridgefield and one or more of the children were at a school sport function in Fairfield, then the Nanny would have to travel all the way to NC for the RR and then drive all the way to Fairfield to pick up the children? It would be better for her to have the RR full time and head straight from Ridgefield to Fairfield. Especially if it was a last minute need of the Nanny.

There is also no record that an additional car was at 69WL on that Friday.

If she lived there or just switched cars there, then her personal car would have been at 69WL, if she were in the RR with the children in NYC.

I do not believe the Nanny went to or took the children to 69WL that Friday.

I believe the Nanny picked up the children at 12:30 pm and went straight to Manhattan before holiday traffic got bad.

We do not know if the Nanny helped LE in person or over the phone and either is possible.

I am leaning to her giving the code over the phone.

IMO, JD enjoyed getting the children up, ready, and dropped off at school herself each morning and therefore would not need the Nanny in the mornings unless there was a change in the schedule.

It is Very Normal for a family to provide their Nanny with a full use vehicle in CT.
BBM
Actually I think we do know - JD"s mom stated the Nanny was with her continuously since JD disappeared in her filing for custody IIRC. She couldn't be in two places at the same time - based on the wording in the warrant - I believe she gave LE an access code over the phone. JMO
Links to both documents are in the media thread.

BBM
Actually I think we do know - JD"s mom stated the Nanny was with her continuously since JD disappeared in her filing for custody IIRC. She couldn't be in two places at the same time - based on the wording in the warrant - I believe she gave LE an access code over the phone. JMO
Links to both documents are in the media thread.
Good info. Can cross this question off the very long list! So then do you think its safe to assume that Nanny did not enter JD house on the missing date? Nanny just picked up children at NCCS based on early dismissal time and then took them to GF in NYC?

Just jumping off your post -

Every time I see that pic of the vehicle with everybody around it, I always wonder who might have taken that picture? And where were they standing? What were they standing on? I'm guessing they are pulled up to a cabin or something that has steps going up to it and somebody is up on the steps/deck/whatever taking the pic??
The nanny?

I'm not sure what you mean by "drop off the kids." I thought the nanny was the one taking the kids to NYC because of JD's appointments in the city.

Didn't she take the kids to NYC? Have I missed something?

JD Dropped the children off at School.

It was stated that JD was seen and spoken to at the school drop off that Friday morning.

Waveny Park:
Another informal entrance to the trails via Lapham Rd - break in stone wall. Believe there are 3 total informal entrances along this stretch of Lapham Rd.
View attachment 193038
These are absolutely wonderful photos....a much better perspective on an unknown (to me) area! You should go into the WS Super Sleuther Hall of Fame.

These are absolutely wonderful photos....a much better perspective on an unknown (to me) area! You should go into the WS Super Sleuther Hall of Fame.
Thanks, glad they helped you! Everything is super green and dense in the park now but this wasn't always the case. Poison ivy and oak is all over on the ground, many trees and stone walls. Wish I had taken the pictures much earlier in this process. Live and learn!

Just trying to figure out the path and whether the park was significant in any way to the missing event. Or did the perp just drop the JD vehicle off on Lapham and leave the area? Arrest warrant sheds no light on these questions unfortunately that I can see.

Here is link to pics of poison ivy and oak. I didn't take any pictures of it while in the park: How to Identify Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac

Last edited:
But he does mention having "sources". This is a shot at LE and the DA's office imo. Gamesmanship.

"We have sources close to the investigation, and I've been able to monitor what they're doing by speaking to those sources. This is a very small state after all,"

Pattis Debunks 'Gone Girl' Theory In Missing New Canaan Mom Case
Oh Pattis. He doesn’t have sources he has hearsay from sites like this one. And from here what can he get, a hint or two about what a client was doing in public after JD was murdered? He should have already been told that by FD. Well thought out plans w/counterarguments and proof for how FD did it? He should say thank you to WS members for doing the leg work but he would have had his people do it for him eventually anyway, after being given far more info from LE than we are ever going to have as general public. So real LE sources? Seriously doubt that. You are correct Jackson Jones....gamesmanship.

But he does mention having "sources". This is a shot at LE and the DA's office imo. Gamesmanship.

"We have sources close to the investigation, and I've been able to monitor what they're doing by speaking to those sources. This is a very small state after all,"

Agree that this is gamemanship. Try to get the enemy to think you have a mole and way inside. Truly bush league IMO but given this is Pattis and CT we are talking about it just might be possible as its a small place. State Police IMO have a huge vested interest in getting this case right and its possible that reputational risk of the Dept is on the line as so many are questioning what is going on with the case, why no updates to the public and press and extent of resources being deployed with no visible result yet.

But there has been an impressive IMO level of LE control in this case which given what we have seen in other cases is good to see. I just hope that enough outside resources have been brought in to assist and that the forensic work is impeccable.

The thing that I'm doubting is that Pattis would have to have in 'in' via State Police and don't think this is all that easy and the leaks in this case so far have seemed deliberate and very controlled which has me believing that Pattis is just being Pattis and poking the bear. MOO!

Last edited:

If someone working on this case is feeding NP info .. I hope they are exposed prosecuted. I think someone is tho .. how else would he know MT passed the polygraph ? No one in LE ever said if she passed or failed .

On the Albany Ave odyssey of stupidity .... those garbage cans were not ones that are hinged and able to be picked up by an arm on a truck and dumped . They were the type with an actual lid that had to be removed by hand and pulled out by hand then transferred to a dumpster used by the city . Seems Uber risky to leave evidence where someone could actually see it before it went to the dump .

Furthermore, this is the part that stumps me the most . Why ??? Albany Ave is a busy city street one would have to a complete tool to not think their were cameras . So this fact would lead one to believe that he wanted to be seen . If he was trying to impersonate / implicate EE .... taking MT along for the “joyride” would be a huge blunder .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth