Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not the original poster, but did get the impression from her blogs that one child had behavioral/emotional difficulties, especially with her as an authority figure. Most families have a “difficult” child (strong willed) but given the circumstances, it creates questions. Those poor kids... MOO

To me, it’s seeming more and more likely that her body did make it to the incinerator plant.

I’m sold that MT is talking, and I don’t think it’s all that likely that she doesn’t know where Jennifer’s body is.

If she was anywhere else, she would have been found by now.

Still searching for that long lost shaker of salt?

Can someone please explain to me in layman's terms the current status of this case against Fore Group?

I see a jury trial was scheduled but that date has passed and the last court notice in there is October 2018, so now 7+ months later there is no resolution on the allegations that Fore Group has $777, 000 of the Mr. Lamikanra's money and won't return it
Sounds like all of my cases. I’m a commercial litigator. Parties are probably exchanging documents and taking depositions. Some of my cases go on for 5-8 years. Under 2 years is rare.

I understand that, often, deals need to be made with a guilty party, to find a victim, and to get the strongest case against the perp most responsible for a crime. My head gets that, but my heart doesn't. I hope any deal made with MT is completely contingent on her telling everything she knows and being entirely co-operative and truthful, and I still hope that she is put behind bars for some substantial period of time, rather than just being allowed to walk away from this crime with a slap on the wrist and a suspended sentence, or worse, immunity from prosecution. JMO

IMO it will absolutely be contingent and no way will she do anything remotely close to substantial time.

She will either get immunity or probation or at the most, a couple months or so of time.

I wish it was contingent on actually finding a body. But there hasn't been a massive search in only one location. Right?

It makes me feel like either the deal fell through or she doesn't know where the body went or is lying about that.

This got me wondering about the narratives that prosecutors create for how murders happen, in their opening statements, when they have no hard evidence.

I never thought about it but now I wonder how many of those narratives stem from "hypotheticals" discussed between counsel during plea negotiations that go nowhere.

OK I'm on my soap box. Can we not discuss the minor children of JD? Let's just imagine for a second the environment they have lived in for 2 years. As an adult I would have issues being in that environment. They are tiny kids. Sad, confused, pissed, etc. Pray for them, but let's not talk about them, OK?

I always wondered about this wording from the court documents, BBM:
According to the motion for contempt, Fotis Dulos “seeks to hide the true value of the business entity which is known as the Fore Group Inc … of which he is the sole shareholder, and which is also his altered ego and identity of interest.”

What does this mean?
Alter ego is a legal term which here means FD and Fore Group are one in the same. And thus there is an identity of interest.

IMO it will absolutely be contingent and no way will she do anything remotely close to substantial time.

She will either get immunity or probation or at the most, a couple months or so of time.

I wish it was contingent on actually finding a body. But there hasn't been a massive search in only one location. Right?

It makes me feel like either the deal fell through or she doesn't know where the body went or is lying about that.

This got me wondering about the narratives that prosecutors create for how murders happen, in their opening statements, when they have no hard evidence.

I never thought about it but now I wonder how many of those narratives stem from "hypotheticals" discussed between counsel during plea negotiations that go nowhere.
After the initial intensive search of Waveny Park and draining of the pond there and with the knowledge of the 30 bags of discarded bloody clothes etc. the focus of the search for her body has been the trash to recovery plant. There have only been brief forays to other spots which were not body searches. Unclear what they were looking for. LE knows more than we do obviously, and they remain focused on the plant, so she may have just verified what they already knew.

This is a big generalization but the bulk of the service sector (including construction) in So. CT is largely from countries south of the US border. In many respects southern CT is multicultural in pockets (as is NYC) of the region so you can find people from Ukraine, former Soviet countries such as Poland, Vietnam, Korea, China and Latin/South America. The technique in the article posted earlier focused on Mexico as the cartels are so strong and powerful but the technique was also discussed in another NYT article I recall from a year ago discussing the Russian organized crime techniques and tactics. My point is that the techniques aren't necessarily unique to Mexican cartel.

“Ain’t nothing lime and Clorox won’t take care of” ... as they say in the south.

Would the Friday of Memorial Day weekend be the best time to dispose of a body in a lake? In my neck of the woods, people are getting out of town and heading to their lake homes and cabins. I would think it would be risky, as there may be more activity than usual (moo).
I am not trying to be argumentative, it just doesn't seem like the best plan to me...
Perhaps I am just hoping that she is in Candlewood Lake because as another poster said, the alternative is too much to bear. I work in the public schools here in Fairfield County and we all had a full day on the Friday before Memorial Day. My husband drives up to Ridgefield every morning for work (along the same route that Fulos would have) and traffic is not busy going up North. The 7 Connector was completed within the last decade which links Ridgefield to Danbury. Going East to Cape Cod on a Friday, now that’s another story. By the way, did I read that he enjoys flying planes? There is a private airport in Danbury.

Sounds like all of my cases. I’m a commercial litigator. Parties are probably exchanging documents and taking depositions. Some of my cases go on for 5-8 years. Under 2 years is rare.
Has anyone seen a reference to legal entity called Fore Group, Inc. other than this lawsuit with the Nigerian national? I have been working to track back activities of Fore Group, LLC. How many Fore Group entities are there is what I'm trying to figure out. Any ideas?

It has been a million years since I practiced law, but I believe it means the company is basically him - he is the sole owner, does all the work, etc. so he should not be able to hide behind the fact that Fore Group is a corporation for shielding himself from personal liability.

Yup. You're right.

What were the police looking for in the woods behind FD's Farmington property? Objects that could not fit into one of the 30 bags? Tools/equipment? I think FD and MT tried to get rid of everything incriminating they could.
JMO, but I think she gave them information that they had already checked out and she was back there to answer more questions they had, wanting her to show them exact locations.

I really don't think we will hear anything major until Tuesday.

I'm still convinced the body is at the plant. I'm going to drive by later today, so I'll let you know what the LE presence looks like. I assume we would've heard if they weren't there anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kittycanfind