Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #9 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not from CT and have no idea about the NC area whatsoever. But it would strike me as more logical that he hid her body nearer to where her car was abandoned rather than Farmington area. Near or on his own property would only implicate him more.
Good point. And if he was trying to make it look like she was abducted/attacked while jogging, then being closer to that site might make some sense.

I'm still leaning toward her being at the garbage place, as painful as that is to consider.

jmo

Good point. And if he was trying to make it look like she was abducted/attacked while jogging, then being closer to that site might make some sense.

I'm still leaning toward her being at the garbage place, as painful as that is to consider.

jmo
Makes the most sense as LE is still searching there and it’s the only place they’ve continually searched. They must have a reason.

Eventually, if she isn’t found he as “husband” can have her declared dead - then collect ?

I am pretty sure that her insurer is well aware of what’s going on, and in the unlikely chance that he is still her primary beneficiary, he will have to sue them, or at the very least threaten to sue to get the money. It doesn’t take much controversy for the insurance company to withhold paying off on a policy like this-

jmo
All the attention to searching the garbage place would certainly point to there being something critical there. But I’m leaning more toward the murder weapon rather than a body. I just don’t think he had the time to ... conduct that sort of thing. He strikes me as lazy.

I am pretty sure that her insurer is well aware of what’s going on, and in the unlikely chance that he is still her primary beneficiary, he will have to sue them, or at the very least threaten to sue to get the money. It doesn’t take much controversy for the insurance company to withhold paying off on a policy like this-
I think he was more interested in the childrens’ trust funds. MOO

I'm a local. It's a heavily wooded area but IMO totally feasible to run through the woods. Long pants definitely recommended to avoid poison ivy, scratches and ticks. Houses are well spaced out and vegetation is thick so as long as someone stayed in the woods and didn't trek across people's yards I expect it would be relatively easy to avoid detection.

Thanks. You how quickly they find bodies in wooded on TV - not the same IRL.

I’m not from CT and have no idea about the NC area whatsoever. But it would strike me as more logical that he hid her body nearer to where her car was abandoned rather than Farmington area. Near or on his own property would only implicate him more.

It would absolutely implicate him more-but if he puts her someplace he doesn’t own, he also has less control over what is likely to be found-and we know he is a control freak. However, since he isn’t planning on keeping any of the properties, it would make sense not to put her anywhere on one of them. So unless he was forced to bury her quickly with no time to think it through, my money is on disposing of her body somewhere that isn’t associated with him.

All the attention to searching the garbage place would certainly point to there being something critical there. But I’m leaning more toward the murder weapon rather than a body. I just don’t think he had the time to ... conduct that sort of thing. He strikes me as lazy.
Desperate times, desperate measures perhaps.

I think similar to your thoughts Canchance.
He wanted this to appear that she became missing at the park, when going for a run, where her car was left.
Jennifer may have been placed nearby, not to implicate FD.
It is the clean up, taking bags to trash bins, that has the two creeps arrested.
MOO.

I think similar to your thoughts Canchance.
He wanted this to appear that she became missing at the park, when going for a run, where her car was left.
Jennifer may have been placed nearby, not to implicate FD.
It is the clean up, taking bags to trash bins, that has the two creeps arrested.
MOO.
Exactly. From what we know now. There’s probably a ton of dna evidence at her house, cell phone pings etc and video surveillance that we don’t know about yet that also implicates him or them.

[bbm]

where was her car abandoned?

It's super important that a client be honest with their lawyer and it's grounds to withdraw if they're not.

It is not at all common for criminal defense attorneys to ask their clients of they did it. It is also not important for criminal defense attorneys to believe their client is innocent. But it is important that they believe what their client tells them, otherwise it can be super hard to adequately represent them.
Google Maps
View attachment 189458
I didn't try to zoom in - but it looks pretty thick like what you described - the 61 sturbridge is a fore group house if my map is remembering properly.
There’s no wooded walk from Welles to Sturbridge, it’s kind of a slog to go West to East in NC but absolutely no path that doesn’t involve lots of private property or main roads with plenty of exposure so don’t consider a walk/run from Welles to Sturbridge IMO. The only possibility, which is still unlikely, is a walk to Thurton Drive.

Does FD have an insurance policy on Jennifer's life with him as beneficiary? (Sorry if this has been answered.) If he does that will certainly be another check mark for guilt.
I was wondering about that too, but so far I don't think we have heard anything about that or any other ways he might benefit financially. (besides not having to pay child support)
His actions seem to be about power and control over his kids, and perhaps he and his lover's future together.
It seems to be a common motive for these types of crimes even though they end up losing everything. Imo

On the topic of FD getting from Lapham Road to JD's house on Welles Lane, as a local I'll try to give the group some perspective.

If I had to leave a car on Lapham and get to Welles Lane myself and didn't want anyone involved I'd consider 1) Train from Talmadge Hill to NC Train Station then a Taxi paid in Cash from NCTS to either the bottom of the cul de sac at Welles or to the Winter Club on the corner of Ponus Ridge and Frogtown (quick walk/jog from there to the house); 2) Jog from Lapham via Old Stamford Road to NC Train to Taxi; 3) Jog through Waveny to South Avenue up to Farm Rd to Old Stamford to NC Train to Taxi; 4) Uber/Lyft readily available in NC, with burner phone/Prepaid card.

If he jogged or walked from Lapham Road at that time of day on a Friday when school was in session, there are people driving to Talmadge Hill Train Station for trains to NYC, there are school drop offs at NC High School, Saxe Middle School and East Elementary School very close to Lapham Road and plenty of joggers so tons of people and activity to blend in but the route to her house is very dangerous, particularly in either getting to Ponus Ridge and approaching Wells from the safer direction on Frogtown or getting to Welles on Frogtown from the much more dangerous Weed Street approach. And besides the Country School, West Elementary is just North on Ponus Ridge so again, lots of traffic but people do jog all over town.

As far as a run to JD's house on Welles from Lapham Road, (in case you want to follow via Google maps):

A. The most direct way to run would be to go North to 106 Old Stamford Road up to Richmond Hill Road (has a train crossing that stops traffic and walkers periodically) to Weed Street, quick Right and left on Frogtown. Pretty safe until Frogtown which is super dangerous from that point on to Welles.

B. Crossing at Jelliff Mill from Old Stamford to Ponus Ridge is pretty dangerous but fairly straight with yards to jump into if a car comes flying at you and then is definitely not too bad after that. So that would be Lapham Rd to Old Stamford left to Jelliff Mill, right on Jelliff Mill , Right on Ponus Ridge, Right on Frogtown.

C. The other practical option is same as A but instead of a left on Frogtown stay North until Irwin Park and cross over to Ponus Ridge on Wahackme. If my kids had to do this walk/run, this is the route I'd send them. Then go left on Ponus Ridge, left on Frogtown to Welles.

Hope this isn't too detailed to be of some use.
Correction, South Elementary not East.

So the two lawyers representing FD in the lawsuit his father-in-law’s estate filed against him ($2.5M for construction loans) filed to withdraw representation today.

The reasons?
One lawyer cited a breakdown in relationship between lawyer and client.

The other lawyer cited age and change of practice. (Little Bitty: Okeedokee)
—————————
Search of Hartford trash plant in missing mom case hits 2-week mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members