Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #9 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of FD getting from Lapham Road to JD's house on Welles Lane, as a local I'll try to give the group some perspective.

If I had to leave a car on Lapham and get to Welles Lane myself and didn't want anyone involved I'd consider 1) Train from Talmadge Hill to NC Train Station then a Taxi paid in Cash from NCTS to either the bottom of the cul de sac at Welles or to the Winter Club on the corner of Ponus Ridge and Frogtown (quick walk/jog from there to the house); 2) Jog from Lapham via Old Stamford Road to NC Train to Taxi; 3) Jog through Waveny to South Avenue up to Farm Rd to Old Stamford to NC Train to Taxi; 4) Uber/Lyft readily available in NC, with burner phone/Prepaid card.

If he jogged or walked from Lapham Road at that time of day on a Friday when school was in session, there are people driving to Talmadge Hill Train Station for trains to NYC, there are school drop offs at NC High School, Saxe Middle School and East Elementary School very close to Lapham Road and plenty of joggers so tons of people and activity to blend in but the route to her house is very dangerous, particularly in either getting to Ponus Ridge and approaching Wells from the safer direction on Frogtown or getting to Welles on Frogtown from the much more dangerous Weed Street approach. And besides the Country School, West Elementary is just North on Ponus Ridge so again, lots of traffic but people do jog all over town.

As far as a run to JD's house on Welles from Lapham Road, (in case you want to follow via Google maps):

A. The most direct way to run would be to go North to 106 Old Stamford Road up to Richmond Hill Road (has a train crossing that stops traffic and walkers periodically) to Weed Street, quick Right and left on Frogtown. Pretty safe until Frogtown which is super dangerous from that point on to Welles.

B. Crossing at Jelliff Mill from Old Stamford to Ponus Ridge is pretty dangerous but fairly straight with yards to jump into if a car comes flying at you and then is definitely not too bad after that. So that would be Lapham Rd to Old Stamford left to Jelliff Mill, right on Jelliff Mill , Right on Ponus Ridge, Right on Frogtown.

C. The other practical option is same as A but instead of a left on Frogtown stay North until Irwin Park and cross over to Ponus Ridge on Wahackme. If my kids had to do this walk/run, this is the route I'd send them. Then go left on Ponus Ridge, left on Frogtown to Welles.

Hope this isn't too detailed to be of some use.
Thank you ! This is a key point IMO - how did he get to the house, transport the body, return her SUV to the park without being seen? Of course, we don't know yet if he was caught on any video, or if any of the tips include someone seeing him or a vehicle around this time frame. Your perspective is super helpful. JMO

Back to the single black glove he was wearing in an obviously public way whilst sweeping the front of his property, IMO it feels like a taunt and a subliminal reference to OJs not guilty decision. Again, IMO
I doubt the thought would have even crossed his mind. That was so long ago and I'm sure this guy has a lot more to think about than trying to come up with subtle symbolic references to a trial that occurred 25 years ago. Imo

Thought:
It is clear to me why LE has only released a picture of a 2017 Black Chevrolet Suburban, the car JD was driving.
Because when LE queried the Fore Group, LLC and saw all of those cars registered to that company and to FD AND later learned FD had played switcheroo with the ex-employee’s vehicle the week/day of JDs disappearance they realized it would cause too much confusion. Leave too much open for a possible defense. Create too many (whole well-meaning tips) false positives.

That’s why they only wanted tips on a 2017 Black Chevrolet Suburban. Why they didn’t use a picture of her actual one I don’t know.

LE has to rely on CCTV and checking against all known “suspect”vehicles arriving and driving around in and leaving New Canaan in the morning and afternoon of the 24th. Then check Hartford (which thankfully is covered by C4), then check Avon and Pound Ridge, NY, then check Farmington. This case will get solved but the amount of man hours LE has spent watching video will wind up being staggering when we see the final tally if they release that to the public.

Here in New Canaan, you can be sure that the FBI and state crime lab have been very thorough. Processing crime scenes, vehicles and DNA connected to them. One local said that someone had done a thorough job of cleaning in the kitchen, but there was still ample DNA.
BBM. Does that imply that there was more blood in the kitchen, not just in the sink? Or could that mean that the cleaning lady cleaned the kitchen but missed a spot?

So in today’s episode of “As NP Spins” NP, Esquire has set out on a risky, spin worthy venture by launching his own investigation into his much “mistreated by NCPD” client, FD.

This investigation NP tells us, will prove the innocence of his client! A murder investigation? But his client has not been charged! Is this stealthy parallel investigation meant to prove FD has a rock solid legit alibi like NP has claimed his girlfriend MT has?

Well, why not have FD take a polygraph as NP claims that MT has taken and passed? No, NP says! The NCPD has mistreated his client! It has nothing whatsoever to do with FDs alibi for the morning hours of the 24th being less worthy than MT’s own alibi. Was it simply that FD had to sit in the correctional center for ten days because he couldn’t afford to pay his bail? Is that the mistreatment of which he speaks? Did not MT have the same $500,000 and manage to pay the FULL amount not a % of the amount that FD paid? Is that the mistreatment of which NP is speaking?

What about the charges of tampering with evidence or hindering the prosecution in the 1st degree? Is NP launching his own dual parallel investigation into those charges? Why not just focus on the actual charges pending against his client? I guess we will have to wait and hear more spin tomorrow on another episode of “As NP Spins.”
——————
I put it that way with the latest MSM because it shows how impatient NP for the State to charge his client with murder or any other charges related to her death/disappearance. It’s comical that he’s has given up on the actual charges. I get he is doing his job! He wants to change public opinion. He wants a speedy trial, or so he says right now! He wants all the State’s evidence and theories. But yeah, can’t wait from the mystery guest from Greece who is probably a relative or close family friend to show up. Why not tell us the actual times that the Greece phone call happened, the meeting with the attorney happened (unless the mystery guest from Greece is also the attorney), the afternoon meeting happened?

Why not just put all that out there with specific times? Because NP won’t do that until the State puts down their timeline!

And ofcourse there is the very upsetting and damning blood spatter and blood stains and DNA evidence which could only have been there via a commission of a crime. This was a IMO very brutal crime and I think we will learn in the coming days, weeks or months how very brutal and horrific the final moments of JDs life was. Bless her heart.
I'm wondering of NP is pushing for a fast trial with the current tampering charges in the hopes he can get a not-guilty verdict and then FD can leave the country before JD's body is found and/or murder charges are made!!? Is that theoretically possible? (I don't think he'll be found not-guilty no matter how long it takes to go to trial, but there is always the chance of not-guilty.)

Mainly, I think NP is blowing hot air, fwiw.

jmo

Thanks. So they both have black suburbans? Does anyone find that strange? Who got theirs first? He could have bought a used one to sort of match hers.

This isn’t odd at all. Have you been in Fairfield County? There are tons of Suburbans. I grew up 10 miles from Welles Lane and we’ve always had a Suburban on hand for the last 40 years (even before they became ubiquitous). Weather, ski trips, carpools, family, dog, etc.
Likely she purchased her own in 2017 when she left him, there’s a family photo of them all on a ski trip in a black suburban from her blog somewhere.

Last edited:
I'm wondering of NP is pushing for a fast trial with the current tampering charges in the hopes he can get a not-guilty verdict and then FD can leave the country before JD's body is found and/or murder charges are made!!? Is that theoretically possible? (I don't think he'll be found not-guilty no matter how long it takes to go to trial, but there is always the chance of not-guilty.)

jmo

Personally I think he is pushing for discovery documents, so that he can see what they are up against and come up with a strategy to use against future murder charges.

I don't think he has any thoughts of actually ever going to trial on the current charges as they stand

He knows that he is undoubtedly prepping for a murder trial defense

And yes he is also undoubtedly blowing a lot of hot air in the process

JMO

Totally

jmo
Totally agree. And... I think he’d grab up those kids and take them away.

Personally I think he is pushing for discovery documents, so that he can see what they are up against and come up with a strategy to use against future murder charges.

I don't think he has any thoughts of actually ever going to trial on the current charges as they stand

He knows that he is undoubtedly prepping for a murder trial defense

And yes he is also undoubtedly blowing a lot of hot air in the process

JMO
Interesting thought - why don't you expect there will be a trial on current charges? That's a new idea to me. Share what you're thinking!

jmo

I don't think it's odd at all that they released a stock pic of a car. When she was first missing they posted a stock pic since who would have a pic of their car? If your mom was missing today would you have a pic of her exact car to give to officials to put on the missing report? Probably not, unless you are a car enthusiast or someone who likes taking pics of everything. Now, after the fact her car was left and found at Wavenly Park, there is probably no reason to go out of their way and change the pic on the poster.

On the topic of FD getting from Lapham Road to JD's house on Welles Lane, as a local I'll try to give the group some perspective.

If I had to leave a car on Lapham and get to Welles Lane myself and didn't want anyone involved I'd consider 1) Train from Talmadge Hill to NC Train Station then a Taxi paid in Cash from NCTS to either the bottom of the cul de sac at Welles or to the Winter Club on the corner of Ponus Ridge and Frogtown (quick walk/jog from there to the house); 2) Jog from Lapham via Old Stamford Road to NC Train to Taxi; 3) Jog through Waveny to South Avenue up to Farm Rd to Old Stamford to NC Train to Taxi; 4) Uber/Lyft readily available in NC, with burner phone/Prepaid card.

If he jogged or walked from Lapham Road at that time of day on a Friday when school was in session, there are people driving to Talmadge Hill Train Station for trains to NYC, there are school drop offs at NC High School, Saxe Middle School and East Elementary School very close to Lapham Road and plenty of joggers so tons of people and activity to blend in but the route to her house is very dangerous, particularly in either getting to Ponus Ridge and approaching Wells from the safer direction on Frogtown or getting to Welles on Frogtown from the much more dangerous Weed Street approach. And besides the Country School, West Elementary is just North on Ponus Ridge so again, lots of traffic but people do jog all over town.

As far as a run to JD's house on Welles from Lapham Road, (in case you want to follow via Google maps):

A. The most direct way to run would be to go North to 106 Old Stamford Road up to Richmond Hill Road (has a train crossing that stops traffic and walkers periodically) to Weed Street, quick Right and left on Frogtown. Pretty safe until Frogtown which is super dangerous from that point on to Welles.

B. Crossing at Jelliff Mill from Old Stamford to Ponus Ridge is pretty dangerous but fairly straight with yards to jump into if a car comes flying at you and then is definitely not too bad after that. So that would be Lapham Rd to Old Stamford left to Jelliff Mill, right on Jelliff Mill , Right on Ponus Ridge, Right on Frogtown.

C. The other practical option is same as A but instead of a left on Frogtown stay North until Irwin Park and cross over to Ponus Ridge on Wahackme. If my kids had to do this walk/run, this is the route I'd send them. Then go left on Ponus Ridge, left on Frogtown to Welles.

My immediate thought as well was an Uber (that’s what I would do, and I’m a runner but I’m not a murderer), but he’d have to be careful not to have it traceable in the app etc. He could have walked/ jogged over to the train station or Waveny Care Center or NC HS for pickup to make it less obvious, eg Uber pickup from Lapham Road would stand out. And then he’d have to make his destination something other than her home address too, that would be too traceable so he’d have to get out somewhere close but not exact. So that would be odd as well since it would be strange not to have the Uber go up your driveway, think that’s too risky.

So back to him hoofing it. Given that he’s out running in front of the media regularly since his arrest it’s possible that running might play a role in what might be captured on video that day. And that he’s now hanging out in NC sweeping, making it seem like he’s always down there. Maybe he’ll go on a run from the Sturbridge house...

Clearly LE has more info than we do so some of this is going to come out sooner or later.

I doubt the thought would have even crossed his mind. That was so long ago and I'm sure this guy has a lot more to think about than trying to come up with subtle symbolic references to a trial that occurred 25 years ago. Imo
When I read @iknowthings ‘ post, I didn't think she was serious re OJ’s glove. I took it as a bit of humor/sarcasm. :)

Question for attorneys: Why would NP say that they’ll be hell to pay if the state is holding certain evidence about his client? They don’t have to share it yet do they? TIA

NP is full of it. Grandstanding. Every lawyer does it to some extent.

With the caveats that I am not a criminal lawyer and not licensed in CT - No, the state doesn’t have to share the evidence against FD with the defense yet. They will in the normal course of discovery prior to trial.

What I believe NP is suggesting is that the state is holding exculpatory evidence, meaning evidence that suggests FD is not guilty. The Brady Rule, named after Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963), requires the state to disclose materially exculpatory evidence in the its possession to the defense.

I am going to guess the evidence that is being “held” by the state is far from exculpatory and thus not subject to Brady.

Wow, that is very helpful.
By dangerous, do you mean in terms of traffic and getting hit by a car or the danger of being seen? If many people jog along those roads, how likely is it that he would have been noticed?
How long do you think it would take to get from Lapham Road to Welles Lane, at an average jogging pace?
How much distance is there between the dangerous area from Frogtown into Welles? Is it over a mile? Would someone be basically running along the shoulder of a busy highway where there are cars constantly passing by?

Last edited:
NP is full of it. Grandstanding. Every lawyer does it to some extent.

With the caveats that I am not a criminal lawyer and not licensed in CT - No, the state doesn’t have to share the evidence against FD with the defense yet. They will in the normal course of discovery prior to trial.

What I believe NP is suggesting is that the state is holding exculpatory evidence, meaning evidence that suggests FD is not guilty. The Brady Rule, named after Brady v. Maryland, 373 U.S. 83 (1963), requires the state to disclose materially exculpatory evidence in the its possession to the defense.

I am going to guess the evidence that is being “held” by the state is far from exculpatory and thus not subject to Brady.
Thank you.

Interesting thought - why don't you expect there will be a trial on current charges? That's a new idea to me. Share what you're thinking!

jmo

He’s saying that there’s not going to be a trial for tampering, and then a trial for murder.

The tampering charge will be on top of a future murder charge, and he’ll stand trial for both at the same time.

So you’ll have a murder count, a tampering count, and whatever else.

When I read @iknowthings ‘ post, I didn't think she was serious re OJ’s glove. I took it as a bit of humor/sarcasm. :)
50/50... kidding at first but the more I thought about it, the more I thought who knows, NP is throwing everything out there and it feels somewhat that he’s trying to play a psychological game (JMO)

That’s why they only wanted tips on a 2017 Black Chevrolet Suburban. Why they didn’t use a picture of her actual one I don’t know.

LE has to rely on CCTV and checking against all known “suspect”vehicles arriving and driving around in and leaving New Canaan in the morning and afternoon of the 24th. Then check Hartford (which thankfully is covered by C4), then check Avon and Pound Ridge, NY, then check Farmington. This case will get solved but the amount of man hours LE has spent watching video will wind up being staggering when we see the final tally if they release that to the public.

There must be a huge number of Black Suburbans in that area. Like 1 of every 4 cars might be a Black Suburban

I’m just really thinking and hoping that LE has a whole host of witnesses, surveillance and a boatload of evidence from cars, computers, phones etc. but are just searching for the body to remove any reasonable doubt. Crossing my fingers and toes. MOO

Question for attorneys: Why would NP say that they’ll be hell to pay if the state is holding certain evidence about his client? They don’t have to share it yet do they? TIA

No they don't. He's a nut. They are allowed to get a warrant for property and hold it for investigative purposes and ultimate trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth