Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t seem to catch up but I think we determined there were two Porsches because one was the big one (NOW I know) and one was a sports car. MOO.
Not sure where to go on this issue of the Porsche/s. Do we have 1 or 2 Cayenne's?

Tax records in NC and Farmington show only 1 Porsche 2009 Cayenne GTS.

Or, if FD had another Cayenne that was older and not registered as it wasn't being used or was damaged? I also wonder if there was a leased one that JD used and it was returned after she disappeared? IDK. Trying to figure out if the 2001 Toyota could fit the Cayenne seats?

Also the first arrest warrant isn't clear on how many vehicles were in JD Welles garage. We know there are 3 available bays at Welles. Nanny had Rover and JD was driving the Suburban. Was the 3rd bay empty or was there a leased car there that isn't there now or was there the 2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS in that spot. If the 2009 Cayenee was at Welles then how and when did FD get the car from NC to Farmington?

MOO

2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS.

Looked at a video on youtube this afternoon but I know little about cars. This is a sales video but does have good coverage of inside the vehicle. Go to min 11:39 to see the back seat.

View attachment 202761

Thanks! I feel so stupid not knowing there were Porsches like this! Yes, I feel sure the seats would fit now. Still looking but now it makes sense. Thanks so much!!!

Not sure where to go on this issue of the Porsche/s. Tax records in NC and Farmington show only 1 Porsche 2009 Cayenne GTS. Or, if FD had another Cayenne that was older and not registered as it wasn't being used or was damaged? I also wonder if there was a leased one that JD used and it was returned after she disappeared? IDK. Trying to figure out if the 2001 Toyota could fit the Cayenne seats?

MOO

I’m looking at seat dimensions.

The other thing to consider with the timing is that the interestion of Rt8 and I84, is that it is always a roll of the dice situation about traffic as there is a good bit of construction going on in Waterbury on I84 and this backs up everything and even if no work is being done traffic moves slowly through the stretch. This intersection was designed long long ago and cannot stand up to the volume of traffic that goes through it every day. Jams can be random and painfully long depending on time of day IMO.

Also, keep in mind that the was over Memorial Day weekend and FD was no doubt hurrying back to Farmington to beat the traffic crush that would be gradually building over the course of the day, especially heading Northbound. Its interesting that the AW listed the speeds FD was traveling and I have to say that he stayed well within the limits (he is a known speeder and has been clocked doing 80+ mph on 84 in the past!). Wonder if his staying in the limits is indicative of the 'cargo' he might have been carrying? This thought crossed my mind as he is a speed demon on the roads!

I wonder if traffic reports are kept historically to see what was going on during the travel times on the 24th on the Merritt, Route 8 and I84. The Merritt can jam between NC and Norwalk going North as well but it typically doesn't happen during the non commuting hours until further north vs NC where construction has been ongoing. But, if the traffic coming from NY heading north on the 24th might have started to get heavy so could have taken a bit of time extra vs the usual 10 min or so folks have estimated here going from Waveny to the Merritt NC gas station.

MOO
I bet they could check traffic flow based on the cameras, they could see if it was jammed up at that time (I agree the Merritt can get jammed up about there at sometimes seemingly random times, irritating to no end when late to the airport, etc!)

IMO, the biggest thing I think could account for the time gap in sightings between Lapham/Waveny and the NC cam in the Merritt, is that FD would have had to do some cleanup of the Suburban after he took the body out. There was blood in the garage, there was blood in the red truck, so how could there not be blood in the Suburban, plus the warrant states they found blood in exterior and interior of her Suburban. After FD took out the body to put in the red truck and before he departed, he likely had to do some cleanup on her car. Knowing that he disposed of what they suspect is the mat from the Suburban, he clearly was concerned about not leaving evidence in the Suburban. I bet he tried to look it over carefully and get rid of blood, and that might have taken some time.
Then, he would have had to make sure there wasn’t anything obvious in the red truck in the case he got pulled over, so he’d have to arrange it carefully in the red truck and cover up the body etc.
Also, while a body transfer and cleaning could be done quickly, he’d need to be careful and watch out for oncoming cars and anyone else who could spot him, so that could have taken a little time too, he probably didn’t want to be seen.

Also, if Lapham was the last place JDs phone pinged, FD perhaps spent a little time hiding her phone in the woods there. (Also what about JD’s purse/wallet?) This is a more remote part of Waveny and I recall LE brought electronics trained dogs in so LE may have thought her phone was there. I would think that FD would want to be sure to get rid of JDs phone, even if turned off, before he left to Farmington, and near Waveny, to go along with the abandoned car/abduction coverup (also her ID/wallet). Even FD would not be so stupid to take JDs phone even if turned off, (or ID) on the trip back north with him (or would he). This might explain FDs newly discovered love for spending time exercising at Waveny as some of you have reported. (I for one will not be running at Waveny again until he is in jail, and be careful at Norwalk HD too. Thank you for the heads up on the FD sightings). When seen at Waveny he might be checking out the site where he put the phone to see if it has been disturbed, etc.

If FD went somewhere else in the red truck after the body exchange at Lapham and before getting on the Merritt, it had to have been very close by (or south of that exit) because of the proximity of Lapham to that exit on the highway, as another person pointed out. Otherwise he would have missed the NC webcam on the Merritt.

MOO.

And what innocent man has to speak in code about car seats?! (Oh, one who just loves his children.)
And...who "isn't a psychopath"...lol!
He also asked EE to leave out the part about MT leaving with the keys if questioned by the police. EE must have been freaking out about the situation and I still believe FD tried to blackmail him with something.

I hope LE got good information from EE and his texts from FD.

MOO

@HopeForTheBest:

Here is a universal seat cover option I think that might give a good visual of how the seats look in the ft and back of the truck. I just put in 2001 Toyota Tacoma single cab. The seats seem to be easy to remove based on the youtube I watched. I'm not a car person so had no idea how easy this was to do.

This link is for the seat covers but I'm including it as it shows how the seats are set up in the vehicle.

Rixxu™ - Classic Series Seat Covers

What years are the Porsches? I can look but if you know off the top of your head... Going to look at seats. MOO.

Last edited:
Any planning was most likely done in a fit of rage and not well in advance.

Killing someone like an animal and leaving blood everywhere (and I mean everywhere, all over everything), then dropping evidence like confetti all over town, writing and figuring out your alibi after the fact, and doing a zillion other things that we don’t know about yet, doesn’t seem like a very well organized plan.

He popped his last fuse like a cork. There’s nothing meticulous about what he did.

I think he got lucky and many bags were burned at the trash plant, including her body. Not lucky enough.

Ole FD shoulda' hung up the skis and spent some time watching Forensic Files.

Every counter measure he took has been proven a failure on at least one of their Saturday marathons. (I've even seen the changing of the seats.)

How nice that potential criminals can watch him on a future episode and adjust accordingly!

Last edited:
Okay, this timeline actually doesn't make sense. JD's body must've been in the Tacoma at some point, so maybe swap dump and transfer? Bah.

Perhaps, FO did not realize how busy Lapham Road was on a Friday morning.

What if FO had to wait for passing cars to drive out of site before making the transfer of the body, the clean up items, evidence, and the floor cover from JF's Suburban?

I would think that to limit being seen moving these items, especially something heavy, from the back of JF's Suburban to EE's Red Truck, FO did so without visible witnesses.

I bet, Every Time he tried to move an item, here comes another car. Lol.

FO may have also taken time to make sure he was not leaving any trace of him or blood from JF inside JF's Suburban since FO wanted it to look like an abduction at the park.

What about JF's phone? Did FO turn it Off when he got to Waveny or did he leave it On and dispose of it in the park or nearby?

IMO, FO kept JF's phone On for the trip to Waveny from 69WL so that it would look like JF drove to Waveny for a run that morning and her phone pinged right along the route.

FO would either have to turn JF's phone Off before leaving Waveny or dispose of her phone at Waveny or very close by.

IMO, FO did Not take the phone with him back to Farmington.

If FO did, he would Never be able to turn it back On for fear that LE would be looking for exactly that aspect to happen.

IMO, JF's phone was thrown out of the window on the Merritt. Very possible that it was left On as well and could very well have ran out of power by the time LE became involved.

IF the phone was found On while in the grass along the Merritt, it would further FO's Ruse of JF being Abducted in the park and the perp throwing the phone out of the window while getting out of there as quickly as possible.

I am 7 pages behind, so I apologize if someone has already made these observations.

IMO.

Thanks! I feel so stupid not knowing there were Porsches like this! Yes, I feel sure the seats would fit now. Still looking but now it makes sense. Thanks so much!!!
@HopeForTheBest.... The Cayenne GTS is the top of the line model in that series SUV. I'm really struggling to understand putting seats worth $1,000s of top of the line leather into a beater 2001 Toyota? I am curious if the Porsche he swaped out of and into the Toyota wasn't registered and so he didn't think it would ever be missed by removing the seats and swaping them out.

I cannot imagine even FD going down to NC to Welles, yet again and taking the JD Cayenne in order to steal the rear and/or front passenger seat. Doesn't this seem crazy risky?

I bet they could check traffic flow based on the cameras, they could see if it was jammed up at that time (I agree the Merritt can get jammed up about there at sometimes seemingly random times, irritating to no end when late to the airport, etc!)

IMO, the biggest thing I think could account for the time gap in sightings between Lapham/Waveny and the NC cam in the Merritt, is that FD would have had to do some cleanup of the Suburban after he took the body out. There was blood in the garage, there was blood in the red truck, so how could there not be blood in the Suburban, plus the warrant states they found blood in exterior and interior of her Suburban. After FD took out the body to put in the red truck and before he departed, he likely had to do some cleanup on her car. Knowing that he disposed of what they suspect is the mat from the Suburban, he clearly was concerned about not leaving evidence in the Suburban. I bet he tried to look it over carefully and get rid of blood, and that might have taken some time.
Then, he would have had to make sure there wasn’t anything obvious in the red truck in the case he got pulled over, so he’d have to arrange it carefully in the red truck and cover up the body etc.
Also, while a body transfer and cleaning could be done quickly, he’d need to be careful and watch out for oncoming cars and anyone else who could spot him, so that could have taken a little time too, he probably didn’t want to be seen.

Also, if Lapham was the last place JDs phone pinged, FD perhaps spent a little time hiding her phone in the woods there. (Also what about JD’s purse/wallet?) This is a more remote part of Waveny and I recall LE brought electronics trained dogs in so LE may have thought her phone was there. I would think that FD would want to be sure to get rid of JDs phone, even if turned off, before he left to Farmington, and near Waveny, to go along with the abandoned car/abduction coverup (also her ID/wallet). Even FD would not be so stupid to take JDs phone even if turned off, (or ID) on the trip back north with him (or would he). This might explain FDs newly discovered love for spending time exercising at Waveny as some of you have reported. (I for one will not be running at Waveny again until he is in jail, and be careful at Norwalk HD too. Thank you for the heads up on the FD sightings). When seen at Waveny he might be checking out the site where he put the phone to see if it has been disturbed, etc.

If FD went somewhere else in the red truck after the body exchange at Lapham and before getting on the Merritt, it had to have been very close by (or south of that exit) because of the proximity of Lapham to that exit on the highway, as another person pointed out. Otherwise he would have missed the NC webcam on the Merritt.

MOO.
If I had access to the ankle monitor data, I would be retracing his steps or tailing him to see if he seemed to veer off a path or spent a little extra time in a certain area. I’d compare the different routes he runs to see if there’s a pattern. If only! Second thought, it’s likely they are doing just that!
What is he buying at HD? Just the normal stuff, black connector bags and gloves? Maybe tarps? Hazmat suits? Bleach?
MOO

@HopeForTheBest.... The Cayenne GTS is the top of the line model in that series SUV. I'm really struggling to understand putting seats worth $1,000s of top of the line leather into a beater 2001 Toyota? I am curious if the Porsche he swaped out of and into the Toyota wasn't registered and so he didn't think it would ever be missed by removing the seats and swaping them out.

I cannot imagine even FD going down to NC to Welles, yet again and taking the JD Cayenne in order to steal the rear and/or front passenger seat. Doesn't this seem crazy risky?
The two Porsche vehicles has been a pain- we know the warrant says “victims” car so that makes me think both vehicles were legally hers - and maybe we aren’t finding a second registration now because it lapsed ? jMO

MOO.

@sleuth66 you don't think he would go downtown NC to get the Suburban washed do you? Wouldn't that be a kicker if he is caught on camera in downtown NC washing the Suburban! It would be 10 min from Waveny maybe and time to run it through the wash if there wasn't a line and 10 min back. AR says they found blood in the Suburban so I doubt it but its the kind of image an investigator would dream about I think!

MOO

Perhaps, FO did not realize how busy Lapham Road was on a Friday morning.

What if FO had to wait for passing cars to drive out of site before making the transfer of the body, the clean up items, evidence, and the floor cover from JF's Suburban?

I would think that to limit being seen moving these items, especially something heavy, from the back of JF's Suburban to EE's Red Truck, FO did so without visible witnesses.

I bet, Every Time he tried to move an item, here comes another car. Lol.

FO may have also taken time to make sure he was not leaving any trace of him or blood from JF inside JF's Suburban since FO wanted it to look like an abduction at the park.

What about JF's phone? Did FO turn it Off when he got to Waveny or did he leave it On and dispose of it in the park or nearby?

IMO, FO kept JF's phone On for the trip to Waveny from 69WL so that it would look like JF drove to Waveny for a run that morning and her phone pinged right along the route.

FO would either have to turn JF's phone Off before leaving Waveny or dispose of her phone at Waveny or very close by.

IMO, FO did Not take the phone with him back to Farmington.

If FO did, he would Never be able to turn it back On for fear that LE would be looking for exactly that aspect to happen.

IMO, JF's phone was thrown out of the window on the Merritt. Very possible that it was left On as well and could very well have ran out of power by the time LE became involved.

IF the phone was found On while in the grass along the Merritt, it would further FO's Ruse of JF being Abducted in the park and the perp throwing the phone out of the window while getting out of there as quickly as possible.

I am 7 pages behind, so I apologize if someone has already made these observations.

IMO.
CTGrammy, would it even surprise you if this dummy has Jennifer's dead phone in the breast pocket of his velveteen jacket?!

Then again it won't surprise me if LE found her phone and has it in their back pocket! Bring on the next Arrest Warrant!

Any planning was most likely done in a fit of rage and not well in advance.

Killing someone like an animal and leaving blood everywhere (and I mean everywhere, all over everything), then dropping evidence like confetti all over town, writing and figuring out your alibi after the fact, and doing a zillion other things that we don’t know about yet, doesn’t seem like a very well organized plan.

He popped his last fuse like a cork. There’s nothing meticulous about what he did.

I think he got lucky and many bags were burned at the trash plant, including her body. Not lucky enough.
I've been leaning your way for a long time. I've always thought the actual execution of this murder was hasty. The last AW gave me pause but I'm still not convinced this was planned well in advance. I think the thought has been there for years, but the actual commission...IDK. I do know from experience, they pop their corks at odd times and for odd reasons. I think a well planned, cold blooded murder would be strangulation, not the messy rage killing of a knife, gun or blunt object. I know he is full of rage but something planned far in advance would have precluded those methods. Something came to a head, if only in his mind, and it needed to be handled NOW! The idea of parking the truck at Lapham need not have been thought of for days or weeks. I feel like these decisions were spur of the moment, not thought out. Maybe 24-48 hours in advance. Maybe he was set off for the final time by something that happened at the May 22 BBQ. Once he showed up at Welles, laying in wait, confronting JD, he knew the police would be called and then it would be game over as far as the children, for sure. She HAD to be killed at that point, because you know, it is more practical to kill a person than to get a restraining order or lose any custody chances you may have had. MOO>>>MOO>>>MOO

Crazy is the k

Crazy is the key word, afitzy.

I looked at this car issue as have others (we looked at the NC and Farmington tax records on a prior thread and listed all the vehicles) and what is so hard to understand is that it doesn't look like they retitled anything due to the divorce.

JD had Rover (driven by nanny), Suburban (driven by JD) and Cayenne or another Porsche. FD had Raptor, Suburban, Cheroke, Toyota truck and perhaps an unregistered damaged Cayenne (FORE had a couple of trailers and I believe there was a motorcycle dirt bike too).

I looked at the litigation documents from the FD accident where he rear ended someone on 84 and she was injured but I couldn't find a reference to the vehicle he was driving.

I am not sure why I remember it but I seem to recall a Porsche sports car and scratching my head and thinking who with 5 small children would have much use for it but maybe it was the 4 door Panarama and it was leased? IDK but its confusing.

I don't know that its worth spending much time on it and I think I will just stick with the AR info which while vague does as you state call it the 'victims' car. But it begs the question of how the Cayenne would get from NC to Farmington?

MOO
The two Porsche vehicles has been a pain- we know the warrant says “victims” car so that makes me think both vehicles were legally hers - and maybe we aren’t finding a second registration now because it lapsed ? jMO

Last edited:
You're exactly right, Hope! I remember sitting in a psychologist's office forty years ago talking about this very thing.

I had entered a season of clinical depression and asked the doctor if this meant I was going to have to lie on his couch and dredge up every terrible thing from my childhood.

He said, "Well, did you have one good person who loved you unconditionally?"

I did and my problems got resolved without a mention of my wicked father.

Thank God for mothers full of love and encouragement. Their influence lights the way long after they're gone.

I have heard this before from people who suffered awful, awful things as kids and from those who helped them through it, and I believe it, too. Thank you for sharing this, MemPat! Blessings to you!

I looked at this car issue as have others and what is so hard to understand is that it doesn't look like they retitled anything due to the divorce. I am not sure why I remember it but I seem to recall a Porsche sports car and scratching my head and thinking who with 5 small children would have much use for it but maybe it was the 4 door Panarama and it was leased? I don't know that its worth spending much time on it and I think I will just stick with the AR info which while vague does as you state call it the 'victims' car.

I agree on not spending more time on it. It mostly matters to EE if his new seat didn’t fit but I looked at the dimensions and think they would. They must have! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spudxii