Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s something in AW 2 I’m not clear on.
When EE presses FD on “what’s up with my truck” FD talks about the supposed 5/12 Mother’s Day hug and his concern about one of JDs hairs from that hug being in the red truck. He repeats his concern about JDs hair in red truck again to EE.
Does this imply that FD took the red truck to NC on Mother’s Day 5/12 when he supposedly hugged her? If a JD hair got stuck to FD on mother’s day then how would it get into the red truck? Why wouldn’t EE be confused by this?

JD escaped from FD right after Fathers Day in 2017, I believe I read in court records that FD was perturbed about that (Fathers Day was 6/18/17, she left 6/19/17). Probably very kind of her to stay for Fathers Day.
I wondered before if FD had thought to kill her on Mother’s Day in revenge. Maybe he took the red truck down there on Mother’s Day with a similar plot in mind, etc. Would be hard with the kids there of course though.

Anyone see something I’m missing here about FD telling EE he was concerned about JDs hair being in the red truck due to the “Mother’s Day hug”?
Even though he may have had the Raptor, maybe he was concerned (fake) that a hair could have transferred from shoe or piece of clothing he wore the next day. Then into the Toyota. But it was really just subterfuge...it was all about 5/24 events. IMO.

She had appts in NYC at 11 so she probably didn’t want to run late that day for drop off, she needed to come back and get ready. If she was wearing her favorite VV T-shirt as reported she probably wasn’t fully ready to head to NY after drop off and planned some time at home to get ready. She seems to be a planner and very organized so maybe drop off was on the earlier side that morning. Really I think it’s like 3 minutes away for her.
Yes. 3-5 min in May and maybe 7-10 with snow or ice in winter is my guess.

Do you think LE would really leave out info that the Suburban left and came back ? I don't because warrants are supposed to be materially truthful/good faith documents and the AW also states that at 10:25 the Suburban left WL and is believed to be carrying the body of JD. I don't think it went anywhere else. MOO.

In every case folks get troubled about key evidence that's left out of the AW.

And in every case key evidence is left out for reasons we can't possible know but most likely to keep a leg up on the defense. (Sort of "all's fair in love and war".)

Seems to me LE only has to show enough to convince the DA of Probable Cause and they're wise to hold onto everything they can.

This is one of those times when hiding some of your cards is not the same as being untruthful. MOO

If I'm dead wrong on this I hope Gitana will come here and tell me. I miss her anyway!

Yes, I see this but yet the CCTV has her returning at 8:05 am. Wonder if she liked to be at the front of the line and it was doable for her because she lived around the corner? This way she would avoid the line too. Will shift my timeline back a bit and see what this looks like.

Thanks!

She was known to be punctual to a fault. With an 11:00 am appt in NYC, it is reasonable to assume that she arrived every morning a bit ahead of the rush. But especially this morning bc of appt.

Here’s something in AW 2 I’m not clear on.
When EE presses FD on “what’s up with my truck” FD talks about the supposed 5/12 Mother’s Day hug and his concern about one of JDs hairs from that hug being in the red truck. He repeats his concern about JDs hair in red truck again to EE.
Does this imply that FD took the red truck to NC on Mother’s Day 5/12 when he supposedly hugged her? If a JD hair got stuck to FD on mother’s day then how would it get into the red truck? Why wouldn’t EE be confused by this?

JD escaped from FD right after Fathers Day in 2017, I believe I read in court records that FD was perturbed about that (Fathers Day was 6/18/17, she left 6/19/17). Probably very kind of her to stay for Fathers Day.
I wondered before if FD had thought to kill her on Mother’s Day in revenge. Maybe he took the red truck down there on Mother’s Day with a similar plot in mind, etc. Would be hard with the kids there of course though.

Anyone see something I’m missing here about FD telling EE he was concerned about JDs hair being in the red truck due to the “Mother’s Day hug”?

I see what you mean, and it hadn't stood out before, but his statement really makes no sense!
as if a hair would have remained on him for 12 days... even then, it makes no sense.

I doubt he was at her house on Mother's day at all, and there's about zero likelihood they hugged.

Makes sense that day stuck in his mind, though, because it was possibly his intent to do something that day - as you mentioned.

edit: added "possibly"

Last edited:
Para 19 of AW 2 - 2:13 pm text message Recd by EE from FD while EE was at Sturbridge working - from AW1 we know FD was at 80MS right ? So was FD done doing whatever he was doing and planning the truck swap? I know we have phone pings from FD on 5/24 - I’ll have to go look at the media thread where @LittleBitty combined both warrants I’m just trying to see what he was doing and if there is any insight overlooked ? jMO

It’s past my bedtime, so I won’t find the pics tonight.

Quite some time ago, I explored NC on various map street views. I think BING had the best images of things up high. I thought I saw cameras by train station parking and by the Merritt entrance nearer it. I forgot the road name, but if you got off at that exit, you could make a left turn (if I remember correctly) and be on a road that intersects the train station and parking. Another left turn, and you could be on Lapham. There was what appeared to me to be cameras at that Merritt exit/entrance area and by the train parking lots. If the road I am talking about is a State road, and if the train station belongs to Metro North or another entity- those would not be NC cameras per se. Yet certainly LE would have access.

I could not find cameras at the other entrance.

Perhaps a local can check it out. Look high on poles. License plate cameras ( which I thought I saw near the Merritt) tend to aim down at an angle.

MOO

And in every case key evidence is left out for reasons we can't possible know but most likely to keep a leg up on the defense. (Sort of "all's fair in love and war".)

Seems to me LE only has to show enough to convince the DA of Probable Cause and they're wise to hold onto everything they can.

This is one of those times when hiding some of your cards is not the same as being untruthful. MOO

If I'm dead wrong on this I hope Gitana will come here and tell me. I miss her anyway!
She’s been busy in another thread - trial of the OH girl accused of murdering her baby shortly after secretly giving birth

Yes I miss @gitana1 as well!

She always seems to come almost on cue when I am upset with Judge Heller and Family Court and she keeps me from falling off the rails as that is a foreign world for me!

MOO

Last edited:

Omission of a material fact is potentially commission of a crime. A pile of different reasons, but it is not a simple playing your cards close to your chest.
I’m sure LE knows exactly what they are doing. Do not fear, truth is near.

Quite some time ago, I explored NC on various map street views. I think BING had the best images of things up high. I thought I saw cameras by train station parking and by the Merritt entrance nearer it. I forgot the road name, but if you got off at that exit, you could make a left turn (if I remember correctly) and be on a road that intersects the train station and parking. Another left turn, and you could be on Lapham. There was what appeared to me to be cameras at that Merritt exit/entrance area and by the train parking lots. If the road I am talking about is a State road, and if the train station belongs to Metro North or another entity- those would not be NC cameras per se. Yet certainly LE would have access.

Perhaps a local can check it out. Look high on poles. License plate cameras ( which I thought I saw near the Merritt) tend to aim down at an angle.

MOO
There are a series of cameras at the end of Rt 123 in Norwalk. Its a major connection point for the Rt 7 connector and can be used to get to 95, Merritt and 7. These cameras are quite obviously all over this intersection.

Google Maps

I wonder though. FD thought by leaving his phone at 4Jx that it meant that 'he' was there! Clearly we don't have a tech wizard on our hands so far as I can tell (thank god!). But what if MT thought the same thing? I'm ok if I just leave my phone at home or leave it someplace else?

I really wonder what we will see with the MT ping trail on the 23rd/24th/25th? I'm curious if MT went with FD to NCPD on the 25th for his interview? We see no mention of her in the description of that event. But it seems these 2 like to travel together.

MOO

Resting at home. Had a REALLY busy day, the day before the interview. Needed her beauty sleep.

Thank you BUF for posting that. Very informative, and moving. That is how an attorney should conduct him. Glad he restated the Courts opinion of FD. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it FD and NP! Why can't GF evict FD from the property where he resides, and she's paying for? Once again may God bless GF with excellent health, and strength.

He owns part of it. Doesn’t matter who is paying the mortgage. If you are on the deed, you can’t be thrown out of your own house. (subject to exceptions. Always an exception to the general rule of law. For example, court order during a divorce. Out you go, little twithead).

Outstanding interview....Maybe the major networks can show snippets of this....It's all about the children, finding justice of Jennifer, and warm regards to GF and love to them all. The attorney is absolutely capable of great compassion, as he shares his belief that JD is no longer living.

And, he clearly gives his opinion of FD as an uncaring, deadbeat dad...MOO, IMO
Thank you for sharing this. I wish they put this up instead of that dateline.

Thanks for posting - the court transcript was an interesting read. FD appears to get a bit testy and defensive. Some things I learned:
  • According to FD's accounting, his expenses exceeded his income. But, he was able to pay credit card bills with a 401(K) loan AND an IRS loan.
  • He reimbursed himself for business expenses in advance
  • He had "communication errors" with himself while recording his financial information
  • He commingled personal and business funds
IMO his proclaimed "losses" became a profit elsewhere. MOO!
That transcript was very, very revealing. What a weasel. He will never be able to take the stand in his criminal trial IMO because he would make a terrible witness. The jury would hate him. All his aggression, evasion, and arrogance jumps off the page in those few segments of his testimony. That kind of approach may work in family court; in a criminal trial, no way. A very interesting glimpse into Mr. Dulos' personality and his desire for an 'amicable' divorce.

He was also cooking the books. One set for the banks, the other for the family court judge. I bet LE has every transcript from every hearing.

Last edited:
"the state police said she was not a suspect in the murder investigation" - Weird, no? Was that quote recent - do they still think that?

In fact - I don't recall them even calling it a murder yet - did they and I missed that?

I don't think she was in the garage actually helping to kill JD - does that mean she wasn't a suspect in the "murder"? She's still an accomplice if she drives him, no? I don't know how they'd word it, you all are more expert at that part.

We KNOW she was an accomplice in the aftermath of the murder (cleaning the truck etc).

Edit: I didn't know they had called it a murder yet.
They haven't said its a murder investigation yet. We sadly have some "fake news" on the thread.

Its upsetting to see claims made by @Chessman that the "State Police have said that she/MT is not a suspect in the murder investigation" with no MSM support or quote from the State Police Spokesperson.

State Police last week spoke of the victim/JD in this case in the past tense and this leads me to believe that State Police believe JD to be dead BUT THEY HAVEN'T CALLED THIS INVESTIGATION A MURDER INVESTIGATION YET.

NCPD Chief K. has said that he believes more charges will be filed BUT WE HAVE NO MURDER CHARGES YET.

So @Chessman if we have no murder investigation and no murder charges yet, then as you say, "how can the state police say she/MT was not a suspect in the murder investigation?".

And yet the state police said she was not a suspect in the murder investigation.

MOO

MOO
You may be talking about the Talmadge Hill stop for Metro North. Its a commuter stop on the connnecting line between NC and Stamford. You take the NC connections ( w/stops in Talmadge Hill and later Glenbrook Springs, before arriving in STamford . Its immediately off Merritt Parkway/15 exit 36. If you are coming down Merritt/15 from the North it the exit closest to Waveny Park/Lapham Road. If I was trying to make a quick entry or exit from Waveny/Lapham onto or off off the Merritt/15 its the one I would take. It avoids much of the NC traffic off of exit 37 which would force you to wind your way into Waveny Park. I will look for visuals.

With you on all of the above in OP!

Just finished reading this document about FD and his finances via some testimony (or not) made in Family Court before Judge Heller. Kudos to Judge Heller for not becoming a full time resident in "Silver Hill" after listening to this testimony for any length of time as it was painfully obvious FD didn't want to share any information with the court or JD.

I think I see now where Atty Weinstein is going now in the civil case and IMO it makes alot of sense. I just hope the State Authorities and Peoples Bank are looking at the financial information provided by FD/FORE (or not) as it looks like there could be some 'issues' that require some additional due diligence and certainly inquiry IMO. Reading between the lines here I wonder if this is the period around when Loan Officer Sue Morin was called to court and she invoked her 5th amendment right to self incrimination. IMO this would make sense as reading what FD was supposedly providing the bank looked insufficient for a loan of $50 let alone potentially millions!

The brief glimpse into FD and his then Atty (Pytranker) https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/06905-ct-yakov-pyetranker-1895918.html in action with Judge Heller in Family Court.

IMO the testimony from FD was painful in that it was quite clear that he didn't want to explain much of anything. But what was stunning to me was that it appeared he took pieces of paper to his attorney and the attorney compiled the financial information on behalf of his client. What atty would take this risk? Yikes. Most would say have your accountant get this to me ASAP. But not this atty so he looks like he was 'in' on the 'game'.

My take aways followed @nina318 above but include:

-FD seemed to have an active relationship with Farmington Bank/now Peoples Bank
-FD would prepare financial updates for the bank to support his borrowing requests
-So far as I can see there was NO CPA as part of any of these discussions and I'm shocked that the Bank didn't require statements prepared by a CPA and current tax returns.
-FD income stated in court was many 1,000's short of his expenses and so it looks like he was engaged in an exercise of simply moving money around from one place to another place to cover his needs, including the use of credit cards. IMO this is a huge red flag.
-Interview portions listed I believe were from 2018 so this had been going on for awhile IMO.
-Wonder if MT knew where the money was/wasn't coming from.
-FD hadn't been able to fully pay the IRS so seemed like he was on some kind of repayment plan
-Did the Bank know about the situation with the IRS?
-Does the State of CT know about the situation with the IRS?
-Quickbooks records again were mentioned as being requested but not supplied by FD/FORE.

I'm surprised that Judge Heller didn't jump on this situation given her history in corporate litigation. Shocked actually. The idea that this hadn't been resolved in the divorce is stunning given that it had been in process for over 2 years.

Does anyone know the penalty for filing false statements in a divorce action? Forget the divorce action penalties, what are the criminal penalites for wire/bank fraud?

Will read these documents again later but on the surface this looks hugely damning IMO to FD.

Why was Judge Heller unable to enforce compliance and compel a forensic accounting?

JD Atty is a known master of the game of "HARDBALL" and I am frankly shocked that he wasn't able to make any headway with what appeared to be a complete charade by FD/FORE.

Lots to digest here IMO. None of this is unsurprising but I am more than a bit shocked that this was allowed to go on for as long as it seemed to and still hasn't been resolved?

At what point does someone get put in jail for this level of non compliance?

The sad thing is that these issues are still playing out today in Civil Court where FD has not supplied Quickbook records that were due to that court in early 2018. Nothing has happened to punish FD in Civil Court either even though there is a pending Default Action by GF.

To me, it looks like the money from FORE and FIL is long gone. Wonder where the money went?

MOO
Submitting false financial affidavits to a federally insured lending institution is a federal offense. Lots of people did federal time after the mortgage crisis for this very offense. The sentence is dependent on amount of the fraud; he bigger the rip, the more the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member