Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a sane lawyer. NP thinks too much of himself to ever agree to such arrangement. In most states, it is mandatory for a lawyer advise the Bar if a court has found them ineffective, and it is a terrible way to get future clients. Who knows what Dulos is thinking? He seems to be clinging on to Pattis for dear life. He actually LIKES what Pattis is doing in court IMO. Dulos is terrible at disguising what he is feeling and you could tell he thought Pattis was on fire. It was fun to watch his reaction when things did not go his way. All confused, like a little boy. He still thinks he has a chance to walk, and he believes Pattis is the man to do it.

Confused is exactly what I thought. MOO.

Som

sometimes people are evil. He has not shown one iota of empathy MOO MOO

FD has such a classic case of NPD he probably can't even spell empathy!

Such a tragedy that Jennifer fell for his line of bull as she just wanted a family.

He wanted all the money and lots of admiration.

Now he's going to be lucky if Pattis leaves him enough to buy the family size bag of Chili Cheese Cheetos from the jail commissary!

I just love knowing that. Can't say it enough!

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration. Others often describe people with NPD as cocky, manipulative, selfish, patronizing, and demanding.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I’m going with the dismemberment . I think he started to do it in NC and continued at MS. I think she was in those bags and they went to the trash incinerator.
I have tended to be of this view also, simply because of the things we know: he used the red Tacoma to transport Jennifer's body away from her assault (murder?), the knife, the very bloody pillow, 80MS, the possible drain evidence, no body and, the biggie for me, Jennifer's shirt and bra found in those cans. Why remove that clothing? If he was going to conceal Jennifer's body, why remove those articles of clothing? There would be no need.

Some here have thought Dulos did so preclude identification, but removing her clothes would not change anything. It was not easy to remove the clothes from her post-mortem. In fact, it is hard as he** to do so. Was there any sign of that shirt being cut? He had a reason to take off that shirt. Why go to all that trouble just to create more evidence he would then have to discard? I see no indication this was a sexually motivated act.

For this reason, I have believed Dulos altered Jennifer's body in some way so it would be easier to get rid of her. With these searches, and that noise, the theory of drum disposal comes in play, but there in no way IMO he returned with her body to Sturbridge. In fact, if he did, where are the videos of him returning to New Canaan? I am inclined to believe her returned to that house on the 25th as some sort of clean-up.

There is still a lot of unaccounted time, as others have posted here. In addition to the time gaps on the 24th, the entire morning of the 25th post-Sturbridge and pre-police station are in play. LE is surely filling in the blanks here, trying to account for every moment/activity over an extended period of time. IMO, FD was under some type surveillance (or at least his house) at some point pre-arrest. When?

I strongly believe that hiding/destroying Jennifer's body was something FD had thought long and hard about. This was NOT a spontaneous discard; it was well-thought out. If he was disposing of all that evidence in all those bags, planning that it would be all destroyed, why do something different with her body? Did he think everything would be incinerated at the dump? It would seem to be a reasonable conclusion.

Part of the answer will come from the drain evidence, or lack thereof. Those drains are going to tell us if Jennifer's body was in any showers/tubs or if there was any attempted clean up at any of those homes. We would at least know whether Jennifer's body was at 80MS. Those drains could support or eliminate a dismemberment theory. If that theory is now eliminated, did he dispose of Jennifer separately from the garbage dump? If so, those woods begin to look more promising. How long had he lived in the house? He had years to familiarize himself with every nook and cranny. LE also was interested in a public building on the property.

It seems clear Dulos, at minimum, traveled through those words to escape neighboring cameras at some point. Those are deep, deep woods, far more heavily worded than I would have imagined. It is not an easy search terrain. It is a sustained area of interest for LE, having been searched at least 3 times. What else besides Jennifer's body could LE believe it could find in those woods? Since LE has such an interest in those woods, I am beginning to think LE believes it will find her there. MT was in the backyard with LE on one occasion. and yesterday's search was extensive and required significant manpower. That isn't done on a whim.

It seems LE has found, or at least accounted for, substantially all or most of the evidence relating to her Jennifer's murder, except Jennifer. Hesitantly, I conclude LE thinks they will find her there.

Last edited:
thought I was replying to post
DBM

Last edited:
Absolutely! When No Case Norm was going on and on about this in court I wished I could somehow teleport myself into the courtroom and simply grab the statement to see the address info.

I am convinced it might just be stolen and should NOT be in the possession of No Case Norm and FD. Dying to know what the provenance of this document is and I wonder if when it comes up in Court again whether Judge Blawie will inquire?

I'm not sure what the process for introducing possibly stolen items into evidence in a criminal proceeding might be?

MOO

Maybe fruit of a poisoned tree. Like a search and seizure with no warrant or a defective warrant. Excluded as inadmissible evidence.
However, here’s an exception to the general rule, if in her garbage, fair game.
MHOO. Legal Beagle general thought process.

What kind of person does this though? We’ve seen it before on WS but I’m curious about the psychological traits that someone would possess to think it’s ok to do this to someone -let alone someone you perhaps did love at one point? I’ve struggled with this myself going back and forth and had high hopes about the reservoir search - maybe he wasn’t that evil ? But now I’m leaning back to this horrid conclusion - and there was something in the garbage testing that proves there is no body -but then why do they search and what are they searching for ? JMO

It's not just an issue of thinking it's okay (although that's huge). It's about overcoming the visceral impulses that come from dismembering a human body. Maybe even the police don't want to believe that such humans exist.

A person who puts themselves above all others and also has no specific reaction to human dismemberment is rare, but certainly possible.

Personally, I'm guessing the whole Death Day scenario was beyond what FD actually envisioned, hence the many errors. He was used to pushing himself through things (competitions) but blood and bone is a different matter. Most medical students go through about a year of adjustment, even though they know in advance (having dissected cats or whatever) what is involved.

Cutting actual humans into pieces is something that most people have trouble with.

Maybe fruit of a poisoned tree. Like a search and seizure with no warrant or a defective warrant. Excluded as inadmissible evidence.
However, here’s an exception to the general rule, if in her garbage, fair game.
MHOO. Legal Beagle general thought process.
We know that PIs have been very active in the Dulos divorce case but I wonder if FD had a PI and would he have gone through JD trash? Its an interesting idea.

FD has such a classic case of NPD he probably can't even spell empathy!

Such a tragedy that Jennifer fell for his line of bull as she just wanted a family.

He wanted all the money and lots of admiration.

Now he's going to be lucky if Pattis leaves him enough to buy the family size bag of Chili Cheese Cheetos from the jail commissary!

I just love knowing that. Can't say it enough!

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration. Others often describe people with NPD as cocky, manipulative, selfish, patronizing, and demanding.
You know what is really sad to me?
It didn't appear to start out that way for her.
When we see the few pics of the early days they seemed happy together.
In her blog she posted about how the children were sick and they both worked together all night.
Rocking, soothing, cleaning up and doing laundry.
What made it all go wrong and when did he start bearing down on her?
I know in hindsight we can all discuss about his desire to tap into her wealth and status.
I would like to think she had some happiness in those early days, though.
MOO.

I have tended to be of this view also, simply because of the things we know: he used the red Tacoma to transport Jennifer's body away from her assault (murder?), the knife, the very bloody pillow, 80MS, the possible drain evidence, no body and, the biggie for me, Jennifer's shirt and bra found in those cans. Why remove that clothing? If he was going to conceal Jennifer's body, why remove those articles of clothing? There would be no need.

Some here have thought Dulos did so preclude identification, but removing her clothes would not change anything. It was not easy to remove the clothes from her post-mortem. In fact, it is hard as he** to do so. Was there any sign of that shirt being cut? He had a reason to take off that shirt. Why go to all that trouble just to create more evidence he would then have to discard? I see no indication this was a sexually motivated act.

For this reason, I have believed Dulos altered Jennifer's body in some way so it would be easier to get rid of her. With these searches, and that noise, the theory of drum disposal comes in play, but there in no way IMO he returned with her body to Sturbridge. In fact, if he did, where are the videos of him returning to New Canaan? I am inclined to believe her returned to that house on the 25th as some sort of clean-up.

There is still a lot of unaccounted time, as others have posted here. In addition to the time gaps on the 24th, the entire morning of the 25th post-Sturbridge and pre-police station are in play. LE is surely filling in the blanks here, trying to account for every moment/activity over an extended period of time. IMO, FD was under some type surveillance (or at least his house) at some point pre-arrest. When?

I strongly believe that hiding/destroying Jennifer's body was something FD had thought long and hard about. This was NOT a spontaneous discard; it was well-thought out. If he was disposing of all that evidence in all those bags, planning that it would be all destroyed, why do something different with her body? Did he think everything would be incinerated at the dump? It would seem to be a reasonable conclusion.

Part of the answer will come from the drain evidence, or lack thereof. Those drains are going to tell us if Jennifer's body was in any showers/tubs or if there was any attempted clean up at any of those homes. We would at least know whether Jennifer's body was at 80MS. Those drains could support or eliminate a dismemberment theory. If that theory is now eliminated, did he dispose of Jennifer separately from the garbage dump? If so, those woods begin to look more promising. How long had he lived in the house? He had year to familiarize himself with every nook and cranny. LE also was interested in a public building on the property.

It seems clear Dulos, at minimum, traveled through those words to escape neighboring cameras at some point. Those are deep, deep woods, far more heavily worded than I would have imagined. It is not an easy search terrain. It is a sustained area of interest for LE, having been searched at least 3 times. What else besides Jennifer's body could LE believe it could find in those woods? Since LE has such an interest in those woods, I am beginning to think LE believes it will find her there. MT was in the backyard with LE on one occasion. and yesterday's search was extensive and required significant manpower. That isn't done on a whim.

It seems LE has found, or at least accounted for, substantially all or most of the evidence relating to her Jennifer's murder, except Jennifer. Hesitantly, I conclude LE thinks they will find her there.

MOO
I do believe Jennifer was dismembered and I expect that lots of her soft tissue and smaller pieces of bone were in bags that went to the Stupidity cans, then the dump.

Some of them may have been in cans/dumpsters other than the on-video Hartford ones.

I would expect that bits of Jennifer and bits of more sponges, towels and clothes were in the mess at the dump and took a long time to test. (That DNA testing may still be going on.)

Her skull would have been more difficult to discard (not easily ground at the dump) and that could be what LE is looking for in the reservoir or the woods....that and a possible murder weapon (which I keep seeing as one of the kids' baseball bats, probably handy to grab in the garage when Jennifer resisted being strangled from behind).

Last edited:
What kind of person does this though? We’ve seen it before on WS but I’m curious about the psychological traits that someone would possess to think it’s ok to do this to someone -let alone someone you perhaps did love at one point? I’ve struggled with this myself going back and forth and had high hopes about the reservoir search - maybe he wasn’t that evil ? But now I’m leaning back to this horrid conclusion - and there was something in the garbage testing that proves there is no body -but then why do they search and what are they searching for ? JMO
First, let me say this. I do not believe Dulos ever loved Jennifer. At least not in the way we think of love. He is a malignant narcissist; he loves only himself. Every person in his orbit has one function, and that is to make him happy. Children are not independent beings, they are extensions of him, a reflection of his glory. Hence, the obsessive waterskiing.

When they are wronged, or even perceived they are, they are very nasty creatures. They begin to exhibit what is called narcissistic rage, which can be a low sustained boil or an explosive act of violence or both. They lack sympathy and empathy for other people. In fact, their victims are not even viewed by them as human. Everyone is expendable and no one dare challenge them.

Not all narcissists are malignant narcissists. Lots of folks are just selfish jerks. MN are entirely different. In fact, they are a rare breed. Dulos checks off all the boxes. Someone here mentioned that attempted stare down of Coangelo by Dulos. That is a classic MN stuff. "I'll show you who's boss." I could go down the list from cars to houses to ski trips to even his monogrammed shirts and expensive lift boots, Dulos' image is the only thing that mattered to him.

He knew he was in deep trouble financially and that court battle was about to get nastier. He blamed it all on Jennifer, so he came up with a plan to kill her. He was going to show her who was in control. What angers me is how such a sweet person ever got mixed up with a guy like him. Sadly, the Dulos' of the world seem to have a knack for finding kind people.

Some people believe the use of the term MN is a way to avoid labeling a person as evil, but I don't agree. For me, it is a way to analyze and understand how a person like Dulos thinks, if for no other reason than to educate others about this personality type. Dulos is evil and he is a malignant narcissist.

Last edited:
It's not just an issue of thinking it's okay (although that's huge). It's about overcoming the visceral impulses that come from dismembering a human body. Maybe even the police don't want to believe that such humans exist.

A person who puts themselves above all others and also has no specific reaction to human dismemberment is rare, but certainly possible.

Personally, I'm guessing the whole Death Day scenario was beyond what FD actually envisioned, hence the many errors. He was used to pushing himself through things (competitions) but blood and bone is a different matter. Most medical students go through about a year of adjustment, even though they know in advance (having dissected cats or whatever) what is involved.

Cutting actual humans into pieces is something that most people have trouble with.
So true - I had to exit biology during the fetal pig dissection - which is why I don’t understand how someone makes the decision to dismember - your insight is very helpful thank you

MOO
I do believe Jennifer was dismembered and I expect that lots of her soft tissue and smaller pieces of bone were in bags that went to the dump.

Some of them may have been in cans/dumpsters other than the on-video Hartford ones.

I would expect that bits of Jennifer and bits of more sponges, towels and clothes were in the mess at the dump and took a long time to test. (That DNA testing may still be going on.)

Her skull would have been more difficult to discard (not easily ground at the dump) and that could be what LE is looking for in the reservoir or the woods....that and a possible murder weapon (which I keep seeing as one of the kids' baseball bats, probably handy to grab in the garage).
Well that didn’t occur to me - keeping back some parts ?? Hmmm

In her blog she posted about how the children were sick and they both worked together all night.
I know in hindsight we can all discuss about his desire to tap into her wealth and status.
MOO.

I think you're right.

My loved one had 12 happy years with what seemed like a dream husband.

Then it was as though he was lifted off this earth and replaced with a Malignant Narcissist, matching the definition so closely it's scary. (No violence yet, thank goodness.)

She's had to realize that first man died and she has to move on without him.

As one friend in similar circumstances said after her similar marriage ended, "It's like a death in the family but the corpse keeps showing up at the door!"

Last edited:
Good idea. The timeline is getting clearer in AW2 but still has some major gaps IMO.

Trigger warnings for content below as its gets gruesome! Sorry.

I still am stuck on whether if you were FD would you bring the body of JD onto one of your properties?

About FD we actually know very little other than that to assume revenge here as a motivation makes some sense, he loved the water and the guy loved horror violent gory blood and guts movies. He had lived at 4Jx with MT for quite awhile and the house was 50:50 owned with JD but financed by the Farbers and was the source of much anger and ongoing angst with the Farbers and FD IMO. Does 4Jx play into his revenge fantasy in some way? IDK.

Was NC part of the revenge fantasy or was NC irrelevant? Gray Hughes seemed to think that there was enough time in NC to dispose of the body. I'm not so sure about this and the population density there might have spooked FD and so he was just happy to flee north where he knew the terrain and the movements of people and felt safer. IDK.

What would his ultimate revenge fantasy be in this case? IDK

If you don't buy into the idea of revenge fantasy then why not try to figure out the easiest way to dispose of the body in/around Farmington w/o bringing the body onto any FORE property and use the time gaps in AR2 for ideas?

The time schedule in AW2 has a gap with no detail from the time FD gets on Rt84 until he is next seen I believe at 80MS. Where in this area might he have easily disposed of a body?

I totally get the time gaps as they make swiss cheese sized big holes IMO of the 2 arrest warrants.

But I wonder too if FD could have been someplace else other than 80 MS (even though his phone was reportedly there) and so is it not safe to assume in this case that FD was with his phone when we know that he intentionally left his phone at 4Jx on the am of the 24th? Could he have given his phone to MT and left her at 80MS cleaning up while he went someplace else? IDK.

Based on the fact that FD was seen with MT cleaning the Red Tacoma at 80 MS we know he was there for a good while doing the cleaning as it was seen by EE and discussed by MT. But the AW2 I believe also references the EE observation about MT and FD cleaning inside the house at 80 MS.

Did FD go right to 4Jx to pick up his phone and check his messages when he got back from NC and then went to 80MS and the story of lunch with MT was false (part of "Alibi Scripts")? IDK. It seems like he had to go back to 4Jx early in the process to pick up his phone. But, did he keep his phone on his person or did he give it to MT? Was this entire part of the crime done based on the notes on the "alibi script"? IDK.

Was the block of time where the FD phone was at 80 MS when he did something to the body or did FD dispose of the body someplace else and only returned to 80 MS at some point to clean himself up and organize the bags for the trip to Albany? Were FD and MT cleaning out a shower at 80MS, possibly with bleach? Or, were they cleaning up some other space. IDK.

IMO FD is a guy that seems upset about DNA being found at Welles (comment he allegedly made at Welles on the 22nd) and I'm having a hard time reconciling this level of craziness about DNA at Welles with using one of your properties to process a body. But as @MassGuy always reminds us, "criminals are stupid" or was it dumb? IDK but they aren't the shapest tools in the shed. The thing though here is that FD thought he was the smartest guy in the room and maybe in the classroom he might have been IDK. But, if you were the smartest guy in the room where would you put the body of JD? Or, is there even a body in the case as the smartest guy in the room says forget the body I am going to dissolve the body? IDK

So far he is a below avg criminal as we have seen with the Red Tacoma and his clean up efforts in the garage at Welles and the blood found in/on JD Suburban to say nothing of the Russell Speeder comedy show IMO. This was not a precision operation by any stretch IMO. But yet FD thinks he is the smartest guy in the room?!?

But, would he bring the body back to 80 MS or even 4Jx? IDK.

This sounds macabre but I really wonder if it might be possible to have prearranged a spot in one of the houses that might be virtually impossible for LE to find and this was part of his revenge fantasy? He knew that GF would ultimately prevail in the 4Jx fight and evict him and so he puts the body there? IDK. I'm just thinking of the most far out sick things that might have some meaning to FD but not make sense to the rest of us. Again, IDK

We know LE have been searching water areas all through the investigation. FD clearly has an affinity for water so does his revenge fantasy or plan to do away with JD somehow connect to water? Makes sense on a certain level but how does he execute this part of the plan? Does he use the barrel as some have suggested? Or, does he go the plastic wrap with cement route we have seen on other cases? Where I struggle with human bodies and water is that its actually hard to get the body to stay in the water without a lot of weight and the container has to be solid and not subject to corrosion etc.

Still puzzling this out....

MOO MOO

AHA. A light bulb moment.
Presume FD left phone for two hours to make it look like he was there the entire time.
BUT
He would not have been answering the phone. Incoming would show 30 seconds incoming. Direct to voice mail. Phone records would show all unanswered, 30 secs incoming. then if any voice mail, extra secs.
Does FD usually answer his phone while with him? Or is his general MO to let all calls go to vm. Then return calls at his leisure.
Could be important. Really
Important.

MOO.
She was probably really doing all the work that night while he cleaned up puke for no more than 3 minutes and went back to bed. He was just worried about the new rug at 4JX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member