Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to think maybe she didn’t? I mean LE spent a ton of time there looking for evidence. So possibly they felt it was credible enough? Or maybe just looking for any evidence and not just remains. That’s what I am starting to think now.

So I’m going with Farmington area or close by to Farmington. So I’m definitely 3 or 4. It’s just the timeline aspect of it. For me. Where were the bags kept prior to EE arriving to get his truck?
On the ground somewhere?
FD was cleaning the truck with paper towels prior to EE showing up. FD and MT tried shenanigans to get EE to take the Raptor and leave the Tacoma with them so the bags weren’t yet in the Raptor.
Were the bags in the house? Were they on the ground? In a shed?

Where were the bags between the Tacoma cleanup and being placed in the bed of the Raptor before the trashbin odyssey of stupidity?
The reason I too think Farmington is the neighbor who reported him coming from the woods with a shovel. Also MT walked with LE to the edge of the woods. What on Earth could he have been doing - planting Christmas trees? He just doesn't seem the type to be moving plants in the woods and that is the only thing I can think of what you would be doing in the woods with a shovel. Unless, of course, you're burying your wife!

How much forewarning did FD have that EE was coming for the truck? Am I recalling this correctly, that FD told EE to meet him elsewhere, where FD was not. And EE on his own showed up at 4JC, catching them in the middle of their frantic cleaning party?

Why did FD remove the bags from the Tacoma? Because he know EE was coming?

Yes, that IS the question: where were the bags WHILE EE was there?

Could they have been moved to the vehicle MT drove away (when she left with the truck keys)? How many times did he move them???
This entire issue of the movement of the vehicles between 4Jx and 80Ms is important as you point out! Its also tricky to do this now as I don't believe AW2 provides sufficient information to answer the question of which vehicles were brought by whom to which location and when were they returned to 4Jx? Reading AW2 I'm not even convinced I can answer the question of how FD got to 80MS and ditto for MT! We see evidence that its possible that people are moving between the locations but IMO its not always clear how they are doing so.

AW2 states that FD sent a text to EE asking when he would return to the 'office' - took this to mean 4Jx where the office is located. EE said 4:30pm We don't have any information about EE so far as I can tell from AW2 other than he is returning around 4:30pm. The AW2 shows EE showing up at 4Jx and looking for FD but not seeing him. EE next 'pops up' at 80MS and we have no idea why he decided to go there so far as I can tell. Did he text or call FD and ditto for MT?

FD knew EE was returning at around 4:30pm so IMO had to figure out some way to move the bags. DId he simply leave them in the Red Truck and explain them away by saying that 'MT and I were cleaning up here and we have a few bags of trash"? IDK. Did FD then ask EE to remove the bags from the Red Truck and perhaps put them into another vehicle such as the Raptor? Did FD make this bag transfer request possibly to set up EE? IDK.

OR, did FD remove the bags from the Red Truck and place them inside 80MS away from the view of EE? Again, IDK.

We saw in AW2 that FD tossed a dirty towel to MT. Did he do this to get her DNA on the towel and further complicate the entire issue of cleaning the Red Truck?

IMO FD seemed well aware of DNA issues and I really do wonder if he wanted to get as many people (other than himself) involved with the clean up items to make it very difficult for LE to figure out what actually happened and who was responsible for what on the 24th and after in terms of clean up?

MOO

I don't share your confidence that FD wouldn't tell a disprovable lie when there actually have been so many.

This is a guy who wrote up an Alibi Script knowing full well it couldn't be validated.

He looked cow-eyed into several cameras and spouted complete bull.

Liars sometimes believe their own garbage but even when they don't, they expect you to.
Wasn't FD only allowed supervised visits with the children? If JD was in fact not present, hopefully the visitation supervisor will correct the record. Nonetheless, we know that JD was safe and sound on 5/22-23 and/or to the date she went missing.

Ok! It’s CFB Saturday so I am a wee distracted. Same for the NFL tomorrow.

But the way I see it most of us WS’ers are divided up into different camps of thought regarding where JD may be found/remains even though this case hasn’t been classified as a murder investigation as of yet.

1. JD was disposed of in or near NC. Even near the CT/NY border. This means that either on May 24th this occurred between 10:25 am and 11:12 am when the TT was seen driving away from NC on Merritt Parkway and passing the NC rest area. Tacoma is then seen passing the Fairfield rest area at 11:25 am. And then at 11:40 am on Route 8, in Derby. Then at noon on Interstate 84, Waterbury and finally captured at 12:22 pm entering 80 Mountain Spring Road.
This theory dictates to me that her remains were dealt with between 10:25 am and 11:12 am. After that the Tacoma was headed like a laser to Farmington.
The caveat to this is that her remains were placed somewhere in that area initially and then moved sometime Later. Not sure when later is but we have heard FD possibly had an LE tail as soon as May 25th so sometime before 2:47 Pm on May 25th unless someone else moved the remains that is not FD.
2. Her remains were deposited sometime between 10:25am and 11:12am and not moved again. This could also be a dumpster close to the area.
3. Her remains were deposited sometime between 12:22pm and 4:30 pm on May 24th near Farmington or surrounding areas.
4. Her remains were deposited sometime after the EE left 80 Mountain Spring with his Tacoma (like 5:34 pm) and before 7:10 pm near Farmington OR Hartford or Avon areas.
5. Her remains were in the trashbags on Albany. And deposited between 7:10 pm and 7:41 pm. And did indeed go through MIRA.
6. Her remains were deposited sometime after 7:41 pm but before 8:10 pm somewhere near Hartford, Avon or Farmington areas.
7. Her remains were deposited after 8:10pm on May 24th but before 2:47 pm on May 25th.
8. Her remains were deposited sometime after 2:47 pm on May 25th.
9. JD is not missing at all. She is in hiding. Ala Gone Girl.
10. JD committed revenge suicide. Somewhere near NC.

9. And 10. Are clearly not my theories but as they have been posed by the defense I mention them. There maybe posters lurking who believe 9 or 10 but are afraid to post for fear of retribution.

Anywho my idea is that we all decide which of 1-10 is our best theory (closest to what we think is the most possible) and then work with other posters who believe similarly and share our ideas and then present our best possible theory and location based on that.

Because of the gag order until new charges are filed we have to sharpen our theories.

I freely admit to believing it’s 3 or 4. JMO ofcourse.

What do y’all think?

This is a great idea for decisive people, but I couldn't play since there are times I would vote on any or all of the above (except 9 and 10). Too many key elements that are missing...
  • When did FD leave Farmington?
  • Are the periods of time during the days just before the 24th when he was in these areas and could have pre-planned a disposal/burial site?
  • When did he find out that LE was involved in looking for JD?
  • Could FD have accessed the Sturbridge property without EE seeing him?
  • What other public trash disposal sites did he pass? Where?
  • When did he and MT meet?
  • Anyone other than MT involved?
  • When and how thoroughly were the sounds at Sturbridge investigated?
  • Probably a dozen other parameters that remain unknown.

Wasn't FD only allowed supervised visits with the children? If JD was in fact not present, hopefully the visitation supervisor will correct the record. Nonetheless, we know that JD was safe and sound on 5/22-23 and/or to the date she went missing.
Yes, the visitation supervisor had to be present at the 22nd event. And I agree we had no reason to believe that JD was anything but well and healthy on the 22-23-24th early am period, we just don't know that she was at the event on the 22nd. MOO

Where did you see this video of 80MS with the pillow? I’ve only seen stills of an empty interior and a video of FD on the exterior. Could you give a link?

I just checked and it's page 13/27 of the slideshow on the advertising pages of 80MS. But the pic that was posted here showed a closeup of the couch pillow and it was blue with white stripes. I think it was @oviedo that posted it but I can't remember for sure.

Is there a way I can search for that posters posts?

I am starting to think maybe she didn’t? I mean LE spent a ton of time there looking for evidence. So possibly they felt it was credible enough? Or maybe just looking for any evidence and not just remains. That’s what I am starting to think now.

So I’m going with Farmington area or close by to Farmington. So I’m definitely 3 or 4. It’s just the timeline aspect of it. For me. Where were the bags kept prior to EE arriving to get his truck?
On the ground somewhere?
FD was cleaning the truck with paper towels prior to EE showing up. FD and MT tried shenanigans to get EE to take the Raptor and leave the Tacoma with them so the bags weren’t yet in the Raptor.

Where were the bags between the Tacoma cleanup and being placed in the bed of the Raptor before the trashbin odyssey of stupidity?

I keep thinking about the softer and smaller parts of Jennifer's body being chopped up and mixed with all the garbage at MIRA.

Once LE started to find bits positive for Jennifer's DNA, they would continue testing until nothing positive was left.

Can you imagine how much time and technology that took (or is still taking)?

One wonders what volume would be needed to declare that, yes, a high percentage of a human body was found.

I feel confident that the FBI has people smart enough to figure that out.

I'm also convinced (MOO) Jennifer's skull and a weapon are what is being sought in the recent searches. (Maybe no brain matter was found at MIRA so they know her skull wasn't there?)

All this to say (IMO) MIRA will play a big part in AW3, along with those "other kinds of evidence" we've been promised by LE!

This bothered me also, but I keep a small pillow in my car. It's for my back when it's acting up.

We also kept two small pillows in the back seat when our children were out of car seats for them to use for rest, to put a laptop/ipad on, etc.

Missed the "perhaps" picture of the pillow, but a pillow in the car is fairly common in our family.

If Jennifer was attacked in the car, the pillow could have been use to stop the flow of blood or simply caught blood if she had it behind her back or was sitting on it. I believe that one of the arrest warrants refers to blood in her car as well as on the outside of her car.

I use a pillow in my car also because I'm short. But I wouldn't think a pillow would be used in that way from a house that was staged. That's my big reason for questioning it. I've always thought that furniture used for staging didn't belong to the property owner and was returned when the house was sold. MOO

Can't find the video of this interview, but Attorney Bowman himself appeared emotional when talking about MT after AW2 and the case. The quote I found follows:

“We have a judicial system in this country, which is the foundation of our democracy. The most important parts of that system are the presumption of innocence and trial by jury, so I’d like you to remember that Michelle is presumed innocent and she should be,” Bowman said Thursday. “We are prepared to let judgement rest in a jury’s hands.” (Fotis Dulos' Girlfriend Turns Herself In to Police)

His voice seemed to awkwardly crack on the above bolded words...Should she be innocent? Or, should we give her the presumption of innocence? Or, is she innocent? That statement was the first public statement made by AB after the hearings, I think. Is he reacting to the state's attorney "setting her loose," perhaps? The car ride with the protective father and the protective attorney and the lying MT, probably was uncomfortable and a reality check for MT.

I know that AB had an appointment with MT (and FD?) , according to the warrants, on May 29th. However, was there some type of relationship with FD or MT prior to that date in other matters? (My personal opinion, thinks someone was encouraging her to seek representation to protect herself, as LE was thoroughly investigating JD's disappearance. Good advice, IMO.)

Would love to know the behind the scenes machinations. There seem to be many interrelated people and events...so much we don't know yet. Looking forward to the next chapter and MT remembering more important information.

I saw video coverage of AB giving this statement in its entirety, and it appeared to me that he perhaps looked down, to consult his phone or a note, before he began. Whatever he looked down at was out of frame of the camera but I wondered.

I also wonder, does ABs statement that they are prepared to let a jury decide, further signal that cooperation has broken down? If MT was still cooperating and negotiations were still on the table would AB make a statement like that? Wouldn’t that be a very confusing signal to give to the state if there were ongoing, or MT wanted, further negotiations? I can’t believe that AB/MT have enough traction to play hardball with the state. Unless they’re angling for a better deal, don’t like the deal that’s on the table and are saying they’re not going to play any more and just risk their chances. The state needs MT, yes, but she has to come clean, and maybe her 3 strikes are up. I lean towards doomsday for MT.
MOO.

This is a great idea for decisive people, but I couldn't play since there are times I would vote on any or all of the above (except 9 and 10). Too many key elements that are missing...
  • When did FD leave Farmington?
  • Are the periods of time during the days just before the 24th when he was in these areas and could have pre-planned a disposal/burial site?
  • When did he find out that LE was involved in looking for JD?
  • Could FD have accessed the Sturbridge property without EE seeing him?
  • What other public trash disposal sites did he pass? Where?
  • When did he and MT meet?
  • Anyone other than MT involved?
  • When and how thoroughly were the sounds at Sturbridge investigated?
  • Probably a dozen other parameters that remain unknown.
There certainly are a lot of gaps.
I think LE is busy filling in most of them. To the extent that if murder charges are filed what would a jury need to form a guilty verdict?
I really do wish I knew when FD/MT were notified that JD was reported missing or the Silver Alert was issued.
We know that it was some time before May 25th at 2:47 pm.
What time on the 25th did FD speak to the GAL?
Why didn’t LE show up at 4Jax on the evening of the 24th? Or did they?
Surely, some time on the evening of the 24th MT/FD were informed that JD was missing and there were worries associated with her status?

I just checked and it's page 13/27 of the slideshow on the advertising pages of 80MS. But the pic that was posted here showed a closeup of the couch pillow and it was blue with white stripes. I think it was @oviedo that posted it but I can't remember for sure.

Is there a way I can search for that posters posts?

Yes, just go to the search function. There are multiple ways. Choose which forums such as this one. I’ll see if I can help.

The reason I too think Farmington is the neighbor who reported him coming from the woods with a shovel. Also MT walked with LE to the edge of the woods. What on Earth could he have been doing - planting Christmas trees? He just doesn't seem the type to be moving plants in the woods and that is the only thing I can think of what you would be doing in the woods with a shovel. Unless, of course, you're burying your wife!
Or planting this season's crop of Poison Ivy.

On the ground somewhere?

All good questions which I have no answers for.
There were 2 reports.
He handed her a towel or a paper towel.
Which one was it?
A regular towel would indicate to me a fair amount of blood.
A paper towel not so much.

Pattisville and FD again seem fixated on the JD medical records and are coming back to court again to request the assistance of the court in gathering more information.

To say that this is concerning is an understatement. Starts at 1:10 in video.

I went back to when the original motion was made for court assistance on the medical records and it was denied.

What I found odd though was that Pattis says that he 'has come into possession' of JD medical bills from Anthem Blue Cross from Feb-April i/a/o $14,000.

So far as I can see, neither the Judge nor State's Atty questions how exactly FD/Pattisvile 'came into possession' of the medical bills. Did FD/Pattis obtain the JD bill by legal means? Are we to assume this due to the fact that the medical bills were discussed in court or not? It seems logical that JD would have requested that all her bills be sent to her address and if she were paying for her own insurance and medical bills (seems like this was likely given the Family Court testimony) and she was effectively 'on her own' for medical insurance for herself and children, then how would FD even have a copy of any bills? Some have speculated that JD medical bill might have been sent to 4Jx in error. But if the bill was sent to 4Jx in error and addressed to JD, does that entitle FD/Pattisville to open the envelope and read the contents? I don't think so. The letter if addressed to JD should have been stamped either return to sender or forward to JD Welles etc. The letter if addressed to JD singly IMO should not have been opened by FD.

I didn't understand how or why FD would be in possession of JD bills and if a bill was addressed to JD (we never see the bill or the envelope it came in during court) then how can this be used to attempt to gain information about confidential health information of someone who was then missing and by all accounts is now considered deceased?

Just listening to this entire discussion of the medical records in court it brought back flashbacks to the psych report that was allegedly 'stolen' by FD from his former atty and then taken and used by Pattis to talk with the press. In the video clip here, we see Pattis yet again speaking about the stolen psych report and he is doing this knowing its history and slyly characterizes the psych report while alluding to the fact that he cannot yet access that report for use in criminal court. Its frustrating to me that we don't see any objection to any of this Pattis chatter by the State or the Judge as IMO both parties know the status of the psych report is sealed.

Maybe the Judge is giving Pattis room to hang himself, IDK but its frustrating to see no real check on these Pattis statements in court. I also question the idea of someone's medical records being accessible if they are not present to grant their consent to review of the information by 3rd parties. Does this mean that any missing/presumed dead person has no right to privacy and that their entire medical history can be gotten by anyone that has a court order to do so?

The issue with the medical bill is back again in Criminal Court and I'm sure it will be back on the agenda at an upcoming hearing unless it is resolved in chambers.

MOO

I see no legal way for FD to possess and open those statements/bills. Even if it was addressed to JD at 4JX. And I doubt that it was addressed that way. My hunch is that he took a stack of personal papers out of her house when he was there, killing her, abd sorted through some of it with NP-and that statement is what NP decided was something that they could use for FD’s defense. But, MOO!! When is someone official going to ask where they came into possession of such a thing? Are we the only people who’ve thought of it?

I saw video coverage of AB giving this statement in its entirety, and it appeared to me that he perhaps looked down, to consult his phone or a note, before he began. Whatever he looked down at was out of frame of the camera but I wondered.

I also wonder, does ABs statement that they are prepared to let a jury decide, further signal that cooperation has broken down? If MT was still cooperating and negotiations were still on the table would AB make a statement like that? Wouldn’t that be a very confusing signal to give to the state if there were ongoing, or MT wanted, further negotiations? I can’t believe that AB/MT have enough traction to play hardball with the state. Unless they’re angling for a better deal, don’t like the deal that’s on the table and are saying they’re not going to play any more and just risk their chances. The state needs MT, yes, but she has to come clean, and maybe her 3 strikes are up. I lean towards doomsday for MT.
MOO.

MOO.

Good point! Hadn't considered it.

I think LE is busy filling in most of them. To the extent that if murder charges are filed what would a jury need to form a guilty verdict?
I really do wish I knew when FD/MT were notified that JD was reported missing or the Silver Alert was issued.
Surely, some time on the evening of the 24th MT/FD were informed that JD was missing and there were worries associated with her status?
Hmm... the Silver Alert should be public record -- perhaps PD's twitter or fb.

This entire issue of the movement of the vehicles between 4Jx and 80Ms is important as you point out! Its also tricky to do this now as I don't believe AW2 provides sufficient information to answer the question of which vehicles were brought by whom to which location and when were they returned to 4Jx? Reading AW2 I'm not even convinced I can answer the question of how FD got to 80MS and ditto for MT! We see evidence that its possible that people are moving between the locations but IMO its not always clear how they are doing so.

AW2 states that FD sent a text to EE asking when he would return to the 'office' - took this to mean 4Jx where the office is located. EE said 4:30pm We don't have any information about EE so far as I can tell from AW2 other than he is returning around 4:30pm. The AW2 shows EE showing up at 4Jx and looking for FD but not seeing him. EE next 'pops up' at 80MS and we have no idea why he decided to go there so far as I can tell. Did he text or call FD and ditto for MT?

FD knew EE was returning at around 4:30pm so IMO had to figure out some way to move the bags. DId he simply leave them in the Red Truck and explain them away by saying that 'MT and I were cleaning up here and we have a few bags of trash"? IDK. Did FD then ask EE to remove the bags from the Red Truck and perhaps put them into another vehicle such as the Raptor? Did FD make this bag transfer request possibly to set up EE? IDK.

OR, did FD remove the bags from the Red Truck and place them inside 80MS away from the view of EE? Again, IDK.

We saw in AW2 that FD tossed a dirty towel to MT. Did he do this to get her DNA on the towel and further complicate the entire issue of cleaning the Red Truck?

IMO FD seemed well aware of DNA issues and I really do wonder if he wanted to get as many people (other than himself) involved with the clean up items to make it very difficult for LE to figure out what actually happened and who was responsible for what on the 24th and after in terms of clean up?

MOO
Adding to this, there is the additional confusion of FDs phone and the times between AW1 and AW2. From those times, it appears that FDs phone is at 4JC, but FD is at 80MS, around 4:30 when EE finds FD and MT in the driveway at 80MS, although FDs phone had been at 80MS a couple of hours just prior.
And somehow 4 cars but 3 drivers (MT, FD and EE) ended up at 80MS by 4:30ish, including the Raptor and the Red Tacoma, since EE and FD had to “shuttle” cars back to 4JC and then return to 80MS. During which time MT disappeared with the keys!
Not enough information from the AWs to know exactly what was going on, beyond that it was complicated, confusing, and almost certainly intentional in order to mislead.

Hmm... the Silver Alert should be public record -- perhaps PD's twitter or fb.

NEW CANAAN, CT — New Canaan police are searching for a missing local resident. Police said at 7:30 p.m. Friday [May 24], the New Canaan Police Department received a report of a missing person.

New Canaan Police with the assistance of the Connecticut State Police initiated a search and an investigation both of which are ongoing. A Silver Alert was issued for the missing person, Jennifer Dulos, 50.

Anyone with information related to Mrs. Dulos' whereabouts should contact Sgt. Joseph Farenga at 203-505-1332.

The AWARE Foundation, Inc.
May 25 ·
SILVER ALERT!! NEW CANAAN, CT

Jennifer Dulos, 50, was reported missing around 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 24. A sliver alert has been issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360