Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The information defense obtained and presented to prosecution and court was minimal, limited to lab fees paid by ABC at best -- and obviously why defense wanted court to intervene and provide additional and/or full details.

If they had details, the motion would not be necessary.

I have no doubt defense advised how/ what information they obtained in chambers prior to hearing, or Prosecutor would have objected in open court (If we find it objectionable -- Prosecutor wouldn't be silent)!

Don't forget, FD's a party to the family court matter, and anything presented there is shared with both sides.

MOO

BBM. The reason they were presenting her health info in the criminal case was to make it sound like she had fled due to health issues or had some 'reproductive' interest (the wording likely twisted by NP from what may well have been hormone testing, normal at her age - or entirely made up).

Your words "if we find it objectionable - prosecutor wouldn't be silent" - are not necessarily based in fact. We have no way of knowing that to be true.

Was it confirmed by LE that his visitation was at her house? It's so easy to pick up what NP or FD says (especially if parroted by the media) and then keep a fraction of it as truth, even if most - or all - of it was lies.

Supervised visitation is often done in a supervised visitation center with some sort of guard overseeing it. Perhaps they felt that it was easier with all the children to have it at her house, but I seriously doubt she'd be there or allow him to walk freely about the house. She didn't trust him.

I don't see info on a restraining order. Am I correct that there was none? If she had had one, she would not have been in the same house at the same time - but even without one, it's likely she wouldn't want to be there. Furthermore, it's entirely possible that the supervised visit parameters required her to NOT be there.
The visitation for FD was supervised and split between NC and Farmington. Phone calls had to be on speakerphone and monitored.

No restraining order in place that we are aware of.

Thanks for the review, I did not know that they are looking to suppress the phone data saying they didn't have a warrant for it so all information and the fruits of it should be suppressed.

BTW, Dulos really needs a manicure, what happened to his fingernails?

There was quite a discussion about his fingernails several days ago - with more photos, that show they are actually bruised. We even discussed how long it takes a bruise to show up - IMO it's possible something happened to his nails on May 24 and the bruise showed up in time for the photos.

edit: added IMO

Ok, @Seattle1 so are you saying that FD as a most likly participant in this family insurance plan had some limited access to the EOB information which had service dollar amounts, perhaps some service coding data, but not provider information?

The last motion which was denied was to gain provider information via going to Anthem BCBS in CT and then using that info to get to the names of JD doctors in NY. This motion was denied.

BUT, this entire issue of the JD medical records has now resurfaced with Pattis/FD and I'm trying to figure out what is different in this latest motion from the last one that was denied? What additional information could they now have that was not present at the time of the last motion?

I am also interested in whether or not Atty Colangelo or his staff confirmed that the access made by FD/Pattis to gain whatever information from the EOB that they have was legally done and that it wasn't done using JD access code or login for example?

First - the parties met in chambers with Judge prior to the hearing. Judge disclosed this at beginning of hearing.

I don't believe the defense had anything more than confirmation of $14,000 lab fees paid by ABC. It was not a bill.

The provider of services was not available and/or disclosed in the information obtained by defense, and they could not determine anything about the coding.

I also believe any more info other than deductible to Subscriber (i.e., financial responsibility for premiums) about patient would be violation of HIPPA, unless permission previously granted by patient.

Defense wanted to promote a basis for their theory that JD received bad news from lab, and why she likely disappeared and committed suicide.

Prosecutor responded defense wanted full details of services provided based on speculation. There's no evidence that JD committed suicide!

Judge denied motion -- told defense to go pound salt.

This isn't the Prosecutor or Judge's first rodeo.

I also think they are both on to NP - as well as his typical drama in the courtroom.

MOO

First - the parties met in chambers with Judge prior to the hearing. Judge disclosed this at beginning of hearing.

I don't believe the defense had anything more than confirmation of $14,000 lab fees paid by ABC. It was not a bill.

The provider of services was not available and/or disclosed in the information obtained by defense, and they could not determine anything about the coding.

I also believe any more info other than deductible to Subscriber (i.e., financial responsibility for premiums) about patient would be violation of HIPPA, unless permission previously granted by patient.

Defense wanted to promote a basis for their theory that JD received bad news from lab, and why she likely disappeared and committed suicide.

Prosecutor responded defense wanted full details of services provided based on speculation. There's no evidence that JD committed suicide!

Judge denied motion -- told defense to go pound salt.

This isn't the Prosecutor or Judge's first rodeo.

I also think they are both on to NP - as well as his typical drama in the courtroom.

MOO
Thanks!

Last edited:
The visitation for FD was supervised and split between NC and Farmington. Phone calls had to be on speakerphone and monitored.

No restraining order in place that we are aware of.

Right, I forgot that FD even said to JD (according to court documents): “I can do whatever I want. You don’t have a restraining order.”

I just got finished reading the short manual on the very high tech bracelets being worn by MT and FD.

These bracelets have the capability of real time satellite GPS tracking and monitoring of the person out on parole.

With all this high tech tracking, I'm wondering why then its taking so long to figure out that MT had returned to CT after 1 day in NY and FD isn't charging his bracelet?

All I have to say after reading the manual is that the issue IMO we are dealing with has ZERO to do with the device technology as its equipped to do exactly what needs to be done and MORE!

We must be seeing some kind of 'system error' that seems to befall the State of CT bureaucracy in getting basic information from Pt A to Pt B to Pt C. I'm curious if the Parole staff are empowered to do anything or if all decisions have to come back to the court? It appears all the FD tracking data is online so how hard can it be for someone in a decision making capacity to review the data and decide the appropriate time to impose punishment for non compliance? What is going on with communication between Parole and States Atty Office and the Judge?

The facinating thing I learned about the bracelet is that Judge Blawie I believe has any number of options available to restrict the movements of FD. If the model is the same one as the manual I read, its possible to set a 7 day schedule for FD and either restrict him to a specific location (eg. house arrest) or possibly multiple locations on a set schedule or only allow him to leave the house during certain hours (daylight for instance). The bracelet also allows for geographic restrictions too which offers some interesting restriction options as well.

Knowing what we know about FD 'love' of rules and restrictions the imposition of a 7 day schedule bracelet schedule with precisely 1 hour of time available outside of 4Jx for a period of 2 months might just be an interesting experiment for the State to test FD commitment to freedom IMO. This has to be done with a perfect charging schedule as well and no 'side trips' to NY!

It was encouraging to see the various options available to monitor and restrict the movements of FD and other dangerous people that have been released. I did not unfortunately see any option on the device to 'shock' or 'stun' the device wearer that is not in compliance. There probably are some pesky constitutional issues with using a bracelet as a weapon on a person out on parole that are above my pay grade.

Personally IMO if someone can't figure out how to charge their device and doesn't appreciate their freedom then its hard to argue that they belong anyplace else other than BPT jail. But, Judge Blawie can also 'lock down' FD via the bracelet options if he doesn't want to put FD back in jail and perhaps this might be an adequate 'wake up' call for FD? Doubt it.

MOO

Last edited:
BBM. The reason they were presenting her health info in the criminal case was to make it sound like she had fled due to health issues or had some 'reproductive' interest (the wording likely twisted by NP from what may well have been hormone testing, normal at her age - or entirely made up).

Your words "if we find it objectionable - prosecutor wouldn't be silent" - are not necessarily based in fact. We have no way of knowing that to be true.

NP did not out of the blue file a motion in criminal court to obtain details on lab work paid by defense insurer.

It was based on their speculative theory that JD received bad news from medical lab, and ran off and committed suicide ( as FD alleges JD threatened before).

A Prosecutor not remaining silent about defense obtaining lab report stolen by FD and given to his lawyer to file a motion is not based on fact, it's based on logic.

MOO

ETA: FD stealing lab report/insurance docs from JD home for his lawyer is proposed by O/P, and not my opinion or belief.

Last edited:
Opening someone’s mail is a felony offense .
If I was JD’s lawyer , I’d subpoena JD’s doctor’s office to find the mailing address they had on file. Since we already Know
the answer , I’d follow that up and file A Motion against FD for Mail fraud .
with the mailing address as her rental home, how did he come in possession of it?? prosecution said he was not in the house on 5/22..i think after he attacked and killed her, did cleanup, then snooped (besides washing his hands at her kitchen sink)....

with the mailing address as her rental home, how did he come in possession of it?? prosecution said he was not in the house on 5/22..i think after he attacked and killed her, did cleanup, then snooped (besides washing his hands at her kitchen sink)....
If the invoice was mailed to her rental property then he both stole it and opened it. If it was mailed to her previous address then he opened it .

Thanks for the review, I did not know that they are looking to suppress the phone data saying they didn't have a warrant for it so all information and the fruits of it should be suppressed.

BTW, Dulos really needs a manicure, what happened to his fingernails?
It seems the FD iphoneX phone suppression issue might have evolved since that court hearing in the video as we haven't seen a motion to supress from Pattisville in Criminal Court despite all the snooze inducing bluster in court on the topic.

If you are curious about the the sequence of events with the phone, the issue is well explained in AW1 and 2.

MOO

Last edited:
I just got finished reading the short manual on the very high tech bracelets being worn by MT and FD.

These bracelets have the capability of real time satellite GPS tracking and monitoring of the person out on parole.

With all this high tech tracking, I'm wondering why then its taking so long to figure out that MT had returned to CT after 1 day in NY and FD isn't charging his bracelet?

All I have to say after reading the manual is that the issue IMO we are dealing with has ZERO to do with the device technology as its equipped to do exactly what needs to be done and MORE!

We must be seeing some kind of 'system error' that seems to befall the State of CT bureaucracy in getting basic information from Pt A to Pt B to Pt C. I'm curious if the Parole staff are empowered to do anything or if all decisions have to come back to the court? It appears all the FD tracking data is online so how hard can it be for someone in a decision making capacity to review the data and decide the appropriate time to impose punishment for non compliance? What is going on with communication between Parole and States Atty Office and the Judge?

The facinating thing I learned about the bracelet is that Judge Blawie I believe has any number of options available to restrict the movements of FD. If the model is the same one as the manual I read, its possible to set a 7 day schedule for FD and either restrict him to a specific location (eg. house arrest) or possibly multiple locations on a set schedule or only allow him to leave the house during certain hours (daylight for instance). The bracelet also allows for geographic restrictions too which offers some interesting restriction options as well.

Knowing what we know about FD 'love' of rules and restrictions the imposition of a 7 day schedule bracelet schedule with precisely 1 hour of time available outside of 4Jx for a period of 2 months might just be an interesting experiment for the State to test FD commitment to freedom IMO. This has to be done with a perfect charging schedule as well and no 'side trips' to NY!

It was encouraging to see the various options available to monitor and restrict the movements of FD and other dangerous people that have been released. I did not unfortunately see any option on the device to 'shock' or 'stun' the device wearer that is not in compliance. There probably are some pesky constitutional issues with using a bracelet as a weapon on a person out on parole that are above my pay grade.

Personally IMO if someone can't figure out how to charge their device and doesn't appreciate their freedom then its hard to argue that they belong anyplace else other than BPT jail. But, Judge Blawie can also 'lock down' FD via the bracelet options if he doesn't want to put FD back in jail and perhaps this might be an adequate 'wake up' call for FD? Doubt it.

MOO
Thanks for reading the manual and giving us the Cliff's Notes, Afitzy! We don't take your hard work on this case for granted.

Getting to stay in a McMansion for free, enjoying nature and eating fine food smacks of far too much freedom to me and if FD can't follow the simple rules that plopped him into these nice circumstances, it's time to jerk them out from under him!

Housing FD in the BPT jail can't cost much more than the GPS ankle bracelet and keeping a tail on him (which I believe to be happening)! Never mind the cost of repeated court sessions.

It seems the FD iphoneX phone suppression issue might have evolved since that court hearing in the video as we haven't seen a motion to supress from Pattisville in Criminal Court despite all the snooze inducing bluster in court on the topic.

If you are curious about the the sequence of events with the phone, the issue is well explained in AW1 and 2.

MOO

And, FD nobly explained on national television that indeed he has cooperated with LE. In fact, he even GAVE them his phone. (Of course, he forgot to mention the 5 others or so phones FORE group has or the burner phones he may have...just saying...)
From Interview:
"The police said I didn’t cooperate with them. I actually went there and gave them my phone, willingly.”
Jennifer Dulos disappearance: Fotis Dulos ‘hoping she’s going to show up’

Last edited:

MOO

@afitzy I completely agree that after reading the manual the issues with BOTH FD and MT have nothing to do with the device. As for MT, the manual states something to the effect of when the cellular signal is low, there is a back-up tracking system that takes over.

As for FD, there is a vibration alert when the battery is low. It was reported that the battery level has to stay above 25% per the release terms, though the manual does not state if the vibration signals when it's at 25%.

There are additional monitors (product datasheet links below) by Sentinel, though the only Sentinel offender GPS tracking device listed on the FCC site is the model I posted earlier, and IMO, a device used in a govt capacity would need to be registered with the FCC. Regardless of which model, the database technology available is likely similar no matter the model, IMO.

https://www.sentineladvantage.com/w...ntinel-OM400-Specification-Sheet.3.5.2019.pdf

https://www.sentineladvantage.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Product-datasheet-UNITRAK.2019.pdf

Nothing would make me happier than for Judge Blawie to trade the GPS monitor for an orange jumpsuit, though if he doesn't, I like knowing that there are options for Blawie to restrict the hours in which FD can move about freely and I hope he takes advantage of those options.

I laughed out loud at your wish for a shock or stun option! Thanks for that!

A few side notes, the manual specifically states that the ankle monitors are to be fitted on the OUTSIDE of the ankle. In the running video, I noticed that FD's monitor is on the INSIDE of his ankle, and then back on the outside in the 61 Sturbridge Hill pics (when he was with his niece). Also, I can't help but notice how much slimmer FD appears to be as time goes on. Perhaps a little tightening is in order. Thank gosh Blawie denied the movement to FD's wrist in part due to the device being slipped off easier.

Last note, the devices are waterproof, which I was surprised to see. I thought for sure that one of the reasons FD wanted the wrist option was to allow him to waterski. FD only needs to put one ankle in a boot and Blawie gave FD the option to switch ankles, so waterskiing can't be it.

I am convinced that FD was testing the response time by letting his device go below the allowed battery limits, and I would LOVE to know if he tested this at different times of any given day.

If the invoice was mailed to her rental property then he both stole it and opened it. If it was mailed to her previous address then he opened it .

Given that the charges had been paid by Athem Blue Cross, I doubt there was an invoice and/or bill mailed to JD. MOO

Thanks for reading the manual and giving us the Cliff's Notes, Afitzy! We don't take your hard work on this case for granted.

Getting to stay in a McMansion for free, enjoying nature and eating fine food smacks of far too much freedom to me and if FD can't follow the simple rules that plopped him into these nice circumstances, it's time to jerk them out from under him!

Housing FD in the BPT jail can't cost much more than the GPS ankle bracelet and keeping a tail on him (which I believe to be happening)! Never mind the cost of repeated court sessions.

from what I read on line, many jurisdictions charge through to the wearer, a fee for the "bracelet," and a daily monitoring fee. not sure about CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicontrolling