Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are John Schmitt and Rimma Golub? These are deposition motions for the civil case.
219.00 09/24/2019 P MOTION FOR COMMISSION FOR DEPOSITION
Document.gif
newred.gif
SCHMITT
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17803878

220.00 09/24/2019 P MOTION FOR COMMISSION FOR DEPOSITION
Document.gif
newred.gif

GOLUB
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17803905

Last edited:
Oh, I missed that. So, no matter what happens, FD will never regain custody of children? Wow.

You didn’t miss anything, MollyDDD. He had supervised visitation. It’s doubtful he’d ever get custody of those children. Even if found not guilty. Too much of everything else that’s gone on, never mind his previous behavior with the children. He’d be lucky to be granted standard visitation. Non custodial parent. The first third and fifth weekend plus one night each week. Extended summer visitation.
But one can not say never especially if he could turn his behavior around and act like a parent. Unlikely IMO.

Last edited:
Maybe he's been experimenting with ways to take the ankle bracelet off. Someone earlier suggested that he might be intentionally trying to lose weight for this purpose. Maybe his gaunt appearance isn't all anxiety/stress related :(

Quora.com had a brief but thorough discussion of ankle monitoring devices and how to remove them. Essentially bolt cutters. Sharp instrument. Or using your geek knowledge to replicate the signals. Or losing a 100 pounds...
I’m still with FD and MT being flight risks.
The device is checked once a day by monitoring system, last I read on WS. Monitor check first thing in am. Then take it off. Fly to Miami. Meet future mother in law who has arranged transport. Hop a puddle jumper to Cuba. From Cuba, it’s wide open. Greek benefactor sends a private jet to Havana. FD boards the flight. Gone.

OUCH!
Was she really making that much money?
MT was employed ( wink wink) by Fore Group . IMO it was just another avenue for FD to siphon money from JD’s family to pay his so called “ employee” oops I mean mistress hence she was able to be deposed. Not sure what her “job” was

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
How do we know that? If he’s not convicted of murder, why wouldn’t he regain custody of his children?

Long before JD went missing, the court already prevented FD from seeing his children -- finding his conduct harmful to them. MOO

Oh, I missed that. So, no matter what happens, FD will never regain custody of children? Wow.

This sounds like a FD response or one from his attorney. Did this poster really want a response or simply a reaction. WS is a place to give real, honest, thoughtful responses...please keep it that way and not post things to “stir the pot” or deflect from the real issues.

Not true. He had supervised visitation. No speaking to the children in Greek. Adult supervisor. Unrelated to either party as I recall.

You didn’t miss anything, MollyDDD. He had supervised visitation. It’s doubtful he’d ever get custody of those children. Even if found not guilty. Too much of everything else that’s gone on, never mind his previous behavior with the children. He’d be lucky to be granted standard visitation. Non custodial parent. The first third and fifth weekend plus one night each week. Extended summer visitation.
But one can not say never especially if he could turn his behavior around and act like a parent. Unlikely IMO.

The motion also states Judge Heller suspended Fotis Dulos’ visitation of the children for a period in 2018 because she believed he lied to the court.

“The defendant does not seem to appreciate in any respect the consequences of lying under oath and willfully violating a court order,” Heller said at the hearing when his visitation was suspended, according to the motion.

As a result, the judge found that his unsupervised visits presented an “immediate and present risk of psychological harm” because he was encouraging them to lie.

From March to May of this year, the motion says Dulos was unable to have private conversations with the children and he could not speak to the children in a different language.
^^bbm

Jennifer Dulos’ mother files for custody of children

And more recently:

While Fotis Dulos remains locked up, two child custody motions have been filed this week in the divorce case that has spanned two years.

In addition to Farber’s request for custody, an attorney representing the five children during the protracted divorce asked a Stamford judge to prohibit Fotis Dulos from visiting the kids at their maternal grandmother’s home in New York City.

Judge Donna Nelson Heller immediately granted the request after Michael Meehan, a Bridgeport attorney representing the children, raised concerns in a motion filed with the court about the children’s well-being.

“Effective immediately, the defendant’s access to the parties’ children is hereby suspended,” the judge ordered. “There shall be no contact between the defendant and the minor children until further order of the court.”

Heller’s ruling reversed her own decision in March when she granted Fotis Dulos supervised visitation, while his wife was given temporary sole custody of the children.
^^bbm

Last edited:
How do we know that? If he’s not convicted of murder, why wouldn’t he regain custody of his children?
Before Jennifer "disappeared" FD only had supervised visits with his children.

Under what circumstances would he be considered a fit father now?

Consider that he is captured on video dispersing items from a bloody crime scene and is accused of tampering with that crime scene.

Even if he's not convicted of murder (which I believe he will), he'll never be forcing all-day ski sessions on Jennifer's children.

MOO

Last edited:
You're absolutely correct IMO. We may need to wait a long, long time.

It is "obvious" to us that FD was at JD's home the morning of May 24th, but LE, even with their outstanding second arrest warrant, falls short of the ingredients for a first degree murder charge/conviction.

NP outlines the three components Det. Foyle Wannabe states above In the interview below, toward the end, FD cites:
1. Opportunity ….Check
2. Body....
3. Manner and means of death...

NP goes on to say, what we've heard before, that the longer the case continues without a body, the better for his client. And, if you noticed at the recent hearing, he continues to harp on the fact that FD isn't proven to be at the Welles address. Rather makes one want to scream to the heavens, eh?

Interview: Attorney Norm Pattis answers questions about Dulos case

BBM

Call me Pollyanna but I would alter the bolded sentence to read:

LE took their time and presented an outstanding second arrest warrant as they continued to build a case for tampering with a premeditated bloody crime. Because they are able to limit the movements of FD and LT by filing the tampering charges, they can again take their time in examining a wealth of evidence proving a murder occurred, much of which has not been made public.

In recent interviews LE has established that they have "other kinds of evidence" besides blood which makes me expect more and clearer video, computer searches, emails, texts, eyewitnesses, and audiotape of conversations. They could also be hip-deep in financial records that scream guilt. Maybe they have even done one of those set-ups where someone wears a wire and catches FD spilling his guts while LE listens in a nearby van? My favorite!

NP can spread Word Salad all across Connecticut and it won't alter what LE will one day, when they're ready, present in AW3.

MOO

Last edited:
The motion also states Judge Heller suspended Fotis Dulos’ visitation of the children for a period in 2018 because she believed he lied to the court.

“The defendant does not seem to appreciate in any respect the consequences of lying under oath and willfully violating a court order,” Heller said at the hearing when his visitation was suspended, according to the motion.

As a result, the judge found that his unsupervised visits presented an “immediate and present risk of psychological harm” because he was encouraging them to lie.

From March to May of this year, the motion says Dulos was unable to have private conversations with the children and he could not speak to the children in a different language.
^^bbm

Jennifer Dulos’ mother files for custody of children

And more recently:

While Fotis Dulos remains locked up, two child custody motions have been filed this week in the divorce case that has spanned two years.

In addition to Farber’s request for custody, an attorney representing the five children during the protracted divorce asked a Stamford judge to prohibit Fotis Dulos from visiting the kids at their maternal grandmother’s home in New York City.

Judge Donna Nelson Heller immediately granted the request after Michael Meehan, a Bridgeport attorney representing the children, raised concerns in a motion filed with the court about the children’s well-being.

“Effective immediately, the defendant’s access to the parties’ children is hereby suspended,” the judge ordered. “There shall be no contact between the defendant and the minor children until further order of the court.”

Heller’s ruling reversed her own decision in March when she granted Fotis Dulos supervised visitation, while his wife was given temporary sole custody of the children.
^^bbm

Without reading every single word in all the orders, I suspect he was denied visitation in NYC bc Jennifer had just gone missing. Earlier orders denied him unsupervised visitation. No dates were given on any of the orders you refer to.
Just two days before Jennifer went missing, FD was at JD’s home with a supervisor for scheduled supervised visit. Judge ruling to punish FD by cutting off access to children is punishing the children, not FD. Cut off unsupervised visits so that he couldn’t coach them.
Like I said, I’d have to read 400 motions to figure it out. I have too much of my own stuff to read. And you might be correct, but I think that the orders may have been misinterpreted.
Further, the Motion would not have suspended visitation. The order would suspend visitation. But I’m thinking unsupervised visitation suspended and replaced with supervised. That’s where the no speaking in Greek to the children came in. Had to speak English to them in front of the supervisor.
Not sure. And don’t want to dispute anything with out reading everything.
Anyway. Suffice it to say, supervised visitation speaks volumes as to FD and relationship with children. That’s pretty rare order in divorce cases.

Last edited:
Before Jennifer "disappeared" FD only had supervised visits with his children.

Under what circumstances would he be considered a fit father now?

Consider that he is captured on video dispersing items from a bloody crime scene and is accused of tampering with that crime scene.

Even if he's not convicted of murder (which I believe he will), he'll never be forcing all-day ski sessions on Jennifer's children.

MOO

Oh, FD probably had unsupervised visits in the beginning. But his interference and coaching the children earned him supervised visitation status. When Jennifer disappeared, it probably went to no contact.

As to his fitness to parent, he’s pretty well dimwitted in that Department. I suppose with some parenting classes he could learn new tricks. But iMOO, too much has gone on and not enough time to make amends. Really unlikely he’d ever be granted visitation let alone full custody. Maybe supervised visitation. Maybe not even that.

Last edited:
Without reading every single word in all the orders, I suspect he was denied visitation in NYC bc Jennifer had just gone missing. Earlier orders denied him unsupervised visitation. No dates were given on any of the orders you refer to.
Just two days before Jennifer went missing, FD was at JD’s home with a supervisor for scheduled supervised visit. Judge ruling to punish FD by cutting off access to children is punishing the children, not FD. Cut off unsupervised visits so that he couldn’t coach them.
Like I said, I’d have to read 400 motions to figure it out. I have too much of my own stuff to read. And you might be correct, but I think that the orders may have been misinterpreted.
Further, the Motion would not have suspended visitation. The order would suspend visitation. But I’m thinking unsupervised visitation suspended and replaced with supervised. That’s where the no speaking in Greek to the children came in. Had to speak English to them in front of the supervisor.
Not sure. And don’t want to dispute anything with out reading everything. Anyway. Suffice it to say, supervised visitation speaks volumes as to FD and relationship with children. That’s pretty rare order in divorce cases.
^^ bbm
Respectfully, without reading, you challenged my post as "not true" when I stated FD had been prevented from seeing his children prior to JD going missing.

I did read the documents, and cited linked, msm reported evidence where the court had previously suspended FD visitation for a period (2018) -- and that means unsupervised as well as supervised. MOO

Last edited:
^^ bbm
Respectfully, without reading, you challenged my post as "not true" when I stated FD had been prevented from seeing his children prior to JD going missing.

I did read the documents, and cited msm reported evidence where the court had previously suspended FD visitation for a period (2018) -- and that means unsupervised as well as supervised. MOO
The history of the orders regarding supervised/unsupervised/suspension of parental visits between FD and the children is clearly spelled out with dates and reasoning on pages 8-9 of Judge Heller’s ruling granting GF temporary custody, dated 7/25/19. In January 2018 FD visitation was suspended; the supervised visitation plan approved in March 2019 began in early April, and as Heller writes in the ruling, FDs supervised visitation lasted less than 2 months, at which time JD disappeared.

This document has been posted several times here; it’s also available via MSM at the link below. There are several motions/rulings in that PDF and you need to click through the first motion (by NP) to get to the Heller ruling. This is worth a read as it’s detailed and gives a clear and concise history on FDs custody issues and the judges reasoning.

Jennifer Dulos’ mother granted continued custody of 5 children

Oh, FD probably had unsupervised visits in the beginning. But his interference and coaching the children earned him supervised visitation status. When Jennifer disappeared, it probably went to no contact.

As to his fitness to parent, he’s pretty well dimwitted in that Department. I suppose with some parenting classes he could learn new tricks. But iMOO, too much has gone on and not enough time to make amends. Really unlikely he’d ever be granted visitation let alone full custody. Maybe supervised visitation. Maybe not even that.

I'm thinking if FD can't even be taught to keep a battery charged, parenting classes would be a challenge!!

My prayer is that the children never have to look in the face of the last person their mother saw before she was struck down, and once the family money is out of the equation, I don't think FD will be aiming to raise five children.

He wasn't concerned about their support or health insurance before, why would he start now?

BBM

Call me Pollyanna but I would alter the bolded sentence to read:

LE took their time and presented an outstanding second arrest warrant as they continued to build a case for tampering with a premeditated bloody crime. Because they are able to limit the movements of FD and LT by filing the tampering charges, they can again take their time in examining a wealth of evidence proving a murder occurred, much of which has not been made public.

In recent interviews LE has established that they have "other kinds of evidence" besides blood which makes me expect more and clearer video, computer searches, emails, texts, eyewitnesses, and audiotape of conversations. They could also be hip-deep in financial records that scream guilt. Maybe they have even done one of those set-ups where someone wears a wire and catches FD spilling his guts while LE listens in a nearby van? My favorite!

NP can spread Word Salad all across Connecticut and it won't alter what LE will one day, when they're ready, present in AW3.

MOO
Who in the world is LT?! Ha! It's late.....MT.

Quora.com had a brief but thorough discussion of ankle monitoring devices and how to remove them. Essentially bolt cutters. Sharp instrument. Or using your geek knowledge to replicate the signals. Or losing a 100 pounds...
I’m still with FD and MT being flight risks.
The device is checked once a day by monitoring system, last I read on WS. Monitor check first thing in am. Then take it off. Fly to Miami. Meet future mother in law who has arranged transport. Hop a puddle jumper to Cuba. From Cuba, it’s wide open. Greek benefactor sends a private jet to Havana. FD boards the flight. Gone.

Except FD/MT both had to surrender their passports! And that's pretty standard for defendants.

I just watched another case (Skylar Richardson) where even the parents had to surrender their passports -- and this where the defendant was their adult child.

I'm thinking if FD can't even be taught to keep a battery charged, parenting classes would be a challenge!!

My prayer is that the children never have to look in the face of the last person their mother saw before she was struck down, and once the family money is out of the equation, I don't think FD will be aiming to raise five children.

He wasn't concerned about their support or health insurance before, why would he start now?

After Monday's hearing, I remembered that FD also filed a motion in July seeking to revise his GPS bracelet from his ankle to his wrist -- citing it was causing him skin irritation and other b.s.

Apparently, the monitoring agent had him come to their facility to demonstrate how to perform the 2 hour charge. And he still failed 4 times.

Strange that his counterpart MT hasn't had any reported issues with her GPS monitoring bracelet --at least that's been reported.

After Monday's hearing, I remembered that FD also filed a motion in July seeking to revise his GPS bracelet from his ankle to his wrist -- citing it was causing him skin irritation and other b.s.

Apparently, the monitoring agent had him come to their facility to demonstrate how to perform the 2 hour charge. And he still failed 4 times.

Strange that his counterpart MT hasn't had any reported issues with her GPS monitoring bracelet --at least that's been reported.

Yeah, Seattle, my trust in those GPS bracelets is slim.

I would be more distressed if I didn't totally believe LE has a live human being watching FD round the clock.

Yeah, Seattle, my trust in those GPS bracelets is slim.

I would be more distressed if I didn't totally believe LE has a live human being watching FD round the clock.

I'm with you.

I can never forget Colorado's Prison Chief Tom Clements who was assassinated by a model parolee (Evan Ebel) -- after he cut off his bracelet, and there was a four-day gap between the alert that he had tampered with his ankle bracelet, and the CPO's decision to physically check in with his family.

Despite the desire for answers regarding exactly why it took four days to decide that Ebel has "absconded," it seems, for the moment, anyway, that it is simply a result of an overburdened system reliant upon judgment calls. And like most of those situations, the public doesn't hear about them unless something goes wrong.

Evan Ebel: Killer's ankle monitor worked fine -- so why did it take days to know he cut it off?

2013 article discusses problems w/ monitoring
the ankle devices and how common alerts are
and how they're handled or not.
There is no one sitting in an office monitoring
the accused 24/7. Some agencies have no one
watching after 9pm. Some agencies are so
understaffed that monitoring is not a priority.
Note that if an accused loses weight the device
may be easily slipped off.
Also some devices are designed to be easily removed (cut off) in a medical emergency.
Lots of questions on whether the devices are
appropriate for violent offenders.

Some ankle bracelet alarms go unchecked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads