Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Although not in violation of gag order, FD's interview will give public more insight as to why he wanted JD gone for good.

From the defense’s latest filing posted by sds71 earlier today - http://appellateinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentDisplayer.aspx?AppId=2&DocId=IiP/F4e0BSWdJ5qFyA45Rg==
“On September 12, 2019, the court issued a "gag order" along with a supporting memorandum of decision articulating its factual findings and legal conclusions. See Order, 9/12/19, pp. 1-4; Mem., pp. 1-29. In pertinent part, the gag order provided as follows: (1) That until the final verdict is rendered and the jury has been discharged, the Parties shall henceforth refrain from making or authorizing extrajudicial comments and disseminating or authorizing the dissemination of information to the media and the public concerning the following: a. the character, credibility, reputation or criminal record of any party, victim, or witness, or the identity of a witness, or the expected testimony of a party or witness;..”

IMO FD did violate the gag order. He remarks that JFD suffered from serious psychological problems.
IMO In our “tabloid” reality show culture – many people ignorantly view people with psychological “problems” as “less than”, or weak and unstable. Certainly FD holds this view, that is why he is floating the idea out there. It is meant to be a smear of JFD’s character, credibility and reputation. He and Pattis tried the same tactic with JFD’s Mom. It fits into their ever changing narrative. What kind of mother would leave her five children? Hmm, maybe a woman with serious psychological problems?
They are a team of two narcissists. So disingenuous. They will continue to push boundaries until they finally trip themselves up.

From the defense’s latest filing posted by sds71 earlier today - http://appellateinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentDisplayer.aspx?AppId=2&DocId=IiP/F4e0BSWdJ5qFyA45Rg==
“On September 12, 2019, the court issued a "gag order" along with a supporting memorandum of decision articulating its factual findings and legal conclusions. See Order, 9/12/19, pp. 1-4; Mem., pp. 1-29. In pertinent part, the gag order provided as follows: (1) That until the final verdict is rendered and the jury has been discharged, the Parties shall henceforth refrain from making or authorizing extrajudicial comments and disseminating or authorizing the dissemination of information to the media and the public concerning the following: a. the character, credibility, reputation or criminal record of any party, victim, or witness, or the identity of a witness, or the expected testimony of a party or witness;..”

IMO FD did violate the gag order. He remarks that JFD suffered from serious psychological problems.
IMO In our “tabloid” reality show culture – many people ignorantly view people with psychological “problems” as “less than”, or weak and unstable. Certainly FD holds this view, that is why he is floating the idea out there. It is meant to be a smear of JFD’s character, credibility and reputation. He and Pattis tried the same tactic with JFD’s Mom. It fits into their ever changing narrative. What kind of mother would leave her five children? Hmm, maybe a woman with serious psychological problems?
They are a team of two narcissists. So disingenuous. They will continue to push boundaries until they finally trip themselves up.

What about both NP and FD mentioning that MT will tell the truth at trial???

To me, that is "dissemination of information to the media about the expected testimony of a witness."

I think the quote about the gag order not applying to the public at large or the media just means that we or the media are not gagged. FD and NP are gagged, however, on many of the issues discussed during the interview. FD will say it was the foreign press so it doesn’t apply or that the gag order only meant not discussing witnesses, etc., but he knows this was a violation but is trusting that he’ll just get another warning from the judge. MOO

Apparently, the most recent State's response released today cites parties are prevented from disseminating information to the media pursuant to the gag order, and NOT media prevented from disseminating info. (pg 9/11 State response).

Nonetheless, I believe the gag order also applies to witnesses.

During a trial, it's common practice for Judge to exclude witnesses from the courtroom until after they testify -- not to taint their testimony. Same as talking to media prior to trial -- always a risk to discredit witness.

MOO

http://appellateinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentDisplayer.aspx?AppId=2&DocId=IiP/F4e0BSWdJ5qFyA45Rg==

Last edited:
I’d like to know the Case Law for previous cases that violated a gag order as it would apply in this circumstance .

What type of sanctions did the Court
inflict ..
A warning ,
Monetary fine ,
Increase in bail.

Or , does FD just get another slap on his Rolex ?
The offense of violating a court order is contempt of court.

State of CT Response to NPs Motion to appeal gag order
http://appellateinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentDisplayer.aspx?AppId=2&DocId=IiP/F4e0BSWdJ5qFyA45Rg==
By Its terms, the gag order applied to the lawyers for both parties, the defendant
himself, all potential witnesses who may be called to testify at trial, and all of the various police agencies that have been actively investigating the disappearance of the defendant's wife. See Order, 9/12/19, pp. 1-2; Mem., p. 4. The Court expressly noted, however, that the gag order did not apply to the public at large or the media; consequently, "the public, and the press, television networks, and other entities or attorneys not covered by this order may obviously continue to publiclydisseminate stories, articles or commentary about this case, or to engage in speculation or conjecture via social media outlets. . .." Mem., p. 5
CONCLUSION
The state has no objection to this Court granting the application. Nevertheless, if this Court grants the application and hears the defendant's appeal, the trial court's gag order should be upheld.
Respectfully submitted,
THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT

@afitzy

Would you be so kind to break this down for me?

I get lost in the jargon...

Much appreciated

@afitzy

Would you be so kind to break this down for me?

I get lost in the jargon...

Much appreciated

Parties are prevented from disseminating info to the media, and NOT media prevented from disseminating info. Confirmed gag order does NOT apply to public at large, media, press, TV networks, or other attorneys not covered.

Also, Judge really emphasized that it was a violation of Rules Professional Conduct (i.e., NP) that required this gag order to begin with!

Before imposing gag order -- Judge considered change of venue, and jury instructions, but concluded such measures were not sufficient to ensure a fair trial.

From page 9/11
upload_2019-10-1_13-51-47.png

ETA: not afitzy but hope you find info helpful. ;)

Last edited:
Anyone wonder if LE was trying to bluff to MT and FD to get MT to crack by going on that recent search of the reservoirs on the same day as the second AW? I’m concerned that they just don’t have enough at this point and that it hinges on MT coming clean. I hope I’m wrong.

Anyone wonder if LE was trying to bluff to MT and FD to get MT to crack by going on that recent search of the reservoirs on the same day as the second AW? I’m concerned that they just don’t have enough at this point and that it hinges on MT coming clean. I hope I’m wrong.

Actually, for a "no body" case - there is significant amount of very credible evidence located early by LE. While MT testimony against FD might be helpful to prosecution, I'm not convinced that MT would be a credible witness. MOO

All I can think of at this late juncture..

I think they put JD’s body in their fireplace, added her ashes to the compost pile , never to be seen again .
Why else the smug faces ..

* Buried JD - Dogs would have found

* Threw in body of water - some body part would have risen to the top ala Scott Peterson case by now .

*Threw body parts in dumpster to be incinerated - No time, could be seen .

*Stuck her in wet concrete -Not enough time to mix concrete , have it dry completely before LE came knocking . I’ll Assume LE was thorough and checked the concrete surround on house .

I think the bloody rags and sponges came from FD cleaning up the Tacoma and JD’s garage Not from her final resting place .

MY Opinion ONLY !!!!

Did they change it from the 10th?

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR190167364T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Plea Hearing has been scheduled for 10/04/2019. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

@davealtimari

Once again the Hartford Courant is the only media organization challenging the system. Hopefully the Supreme Court will take up the issue even though it pales against the realities of this case. But this gag order is bad business for journalists.

The Hartford Courant has asked the state’s highest court to hear an appeal of the gag order issued by a Superior Court judge in the criminal case against Fotis Dulos, estranged husband of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos, arguing that it exceeds the court’s authority and amounts to prior restraint of free speech.

The filing on behalf the Courant comes a week after Dulos’ attorney, Norm Pattis, asked the Connecticut Supreme Court to lift a Sept. 12 gag order issued by Stamford Judge
Without question, the gag order impinges on the media’s, including the Courant’s, critical rights to gather information from the sources closest to the proceedings,” wrote the Courant’s attorney William S. Fish Jr.
John F. Blawie, first requested by Stamford/Norwalk State’s Attorney Richard J. Colangelo.

Hartford Courant challenging gag order in criminal case against Fotis Dulos, estranged husband of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos

Did they change it from the 10th?

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR190167364T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Plea Hearing has been scheduled for 10/04/2019. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Hi

What happens at a plea hearing? How is it different from the last court appearances? What is the expectation?

Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members