Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a deposition of Tout, or just the affidavit? I remember that Weinstein objected that defense didn't notify him about Tout's appearance to make the affidavit and said he could've deposed him if he knew Tout was available. Parties are required to send notices of depositions to opponents, too.

Re Tout's affidavit, I noticed that Murray signed as Commissioner of the Superior Court under "Before me appeared..." but didn't give the place of Tout's signing. At Pattis' hearing before the SGC subcommittee, he was questioned about not putting in the place where Alex Jones signed the affidavit, where NP signed as CSP under "Before me appeared..." I remembered, from working in law offices ages ago, that we always put in the state, county and town where the signing took place. Just yesterday at our Town Hall I was looking at a deed of a house that recently sold on our road and noticed that the attorney signed under seller's name as CSP-- with the state, county and town shown. So is this a peculiarity of Pattisville lawyers--that they leave out the place where an affidavit it signed?

I went to the link you gave about the Greek article, but couldn't find the translate option, since everything is written in Greek!
My understanding was that Atty BM had an affidavit from Mr. T. I believe the affidavit was contained as an attachment to I believe the pretrial motions. I recall being surprised that Mr T wasn't made available to Atty Weinstein but this looked to be part of the 'entire trial by ambush' strategy by the bush league Atty BM and Fd. IMO the Judge should have tossed it all and also tossed the faux invoices presented at trial. I guess we will have to wait and see how smart or stupid Judge Noble is and whether he saw through the bush league tactics of Atty BM and Pattisville.

MOO

Was there a deposition of Tout, or just the affidavit? I remember that Weinstein objected that defense didn't notify him about Tout's appearance to make the affidavit and said he could've deposed him if he knew Tout was available. Parties are required to send notices of depositions to opponents, too.

Re Tout's affidavit, I noticed that Murray signed as Commissioner of the Superior Court under "Before me appeared..." but didn't give the place of Tout's signing. At Pattis' hearing before the SGC subcommittee, he was questioned about not putting in the place where Alex Jones signed the affidavit, where NP signed as CSP under "Before me appeared..." I remembered, from working in law offices ages ago, that we always put in the state, county and town where the signing took place. Just yesterday at our Town Hall I was looking at a deed of a house that recently sold on our road and noticed that the attorney signed under seller's name as CSP-- with the state, county and town shown. So is this a peculiarity of Pattisville lawyers--that they leave out the place where an affidavit it signed?

I went to the link you gave about the Greek article, but couldn't find the translate option, since everything is written in Greek!
My understanding was that Atty BM had an affidavit from Mr. T. I believe the affidavit was contained as an attachment to I believe the pretrial motions. I recall being surprised that Mr T wasn't made available to Atty Weinstein but this looked to be part of the 'entire trial by ambush' strategy by the bush league Atty BM and Fd. IMO the Judge should have tossed it all and also tossed the faux invoices presented at trial. I guess we will have to wait and see how smart or stupid Judge Noble is and whether he saw through the bush league tactics of Atty BM and Pattisville.

MOO
What a rip off

DIVISION OF PUBLIC DEFENDER SERVICES FEE SCALE

Parents’ Combined Gross Income Appointed AMC/GAL Hourly Rate
$00.00 - $39,062.00 State paid*
* Currently the state pays the GAL/AMC a flat fee of $500, plus $50/hour for hourly billing events approved by the Division of Public Defender Services contract.

JUDICIAL BRANCH SLIDING FEE SCALE

Parents’ Combined Gross Income* Appointed AMC/GAL Hourly Rate
$39,062.01 - $50,000.00 $75/hr - $100/hr
$50,000.01 - $70,000.00 $100/hr - $150/hr
$70,000.01 - $100,000.00 $150/hr - $225/hr

* The sliding fee scale is based upon the combined gross income of the parents and assumes one child. The scale is only applicable to cases where the combined gross income of the parents is $100,000 or less.

In addition to considering the parents’ gross income, the court may also consider other factors to determine whether application of the scale is appropriate and at what level, including:

1. All other information set forth on the parents’ financial affidavits;
  2. Total number of dependent children;
  3. The hourly rate charged by the parties’ own lawyers;
  4. The complexity of the issues before the court;
  5. The gross income and other information on the financial affidavit of any intervening party or third party applicant;
  6. Source(s) of additional household income, including funding source for current litigation.
Yep, the GAL system is really a brilliantly crafted scam IMO to extort $$$ from parents that can afford it ONLY!

There have been some great articles on the CT GAL System in prior threads but I think probably most exploitive aspect of the fees owed to GALS is that they have priority in bankruptcy (even over taxes I believe) and I'm not 100% sure but I believe the fees owed to a GAL ALSO SURVIVE BANKRUPTCY.

IMO it was a program simply designed to get cash to attorneys and the attorneys are covered against any risk of non payment by the involved parties. Parents have no recourse other than to pay and pay and pay. Parents can seek to dismiss GALs (I think the Dulos case had 1 other GAL before the 'gem' Atty Meehan was found, but its not easy to get rid of a GAL as has been seen in the case of Atty Meehan as both attorneys in the case have had motions in to dismiss him for months and zero has been done by Judge Heller and presumably he is still running his billing clock at $300/hr!

Perhaps there are good GALs in CT but when you look at the list of available GALs (not a long list IMO) and the credentials (legal and special training etc.), IMO there are very few people on the list that jump out as outstanding candidates.

I believe there have been some modest attempts at reform of the GAL system in CT but I'm not sure all that much has changed. The GALs have quite a bit of power but I'm uncertain as to specific training beyond law school to 'safeguard the interests of the children'? The GAL is not a psychologist, not a social worker, has minimal extra training for the task and yet is asked to 'safeguard the interests of the children'.

In the sad Dulos v Dulos case I could probably come up with a list of 50 questions for GAL Atty Meehan on how exactly he was safeguarding the interests of the Dulos children but I guess my top 2 at the moment would be:

1. Why did Atty Meehan and his paralegal/office manager who got the call about the referral to CPS regarding the oldest Dulos son from a very concerned psychologist CHOOSE TO DO NOTHING? What would your responsibility have been if this traumatised child had harmed themselves and/or died? What was the argument for inaction? Was this protecting the child?

2. How did Fd Atty at the time end up was a draft report (unfinished and not presented to Court) prepared by the psychologist assigned by the Court which was then allegedly stolen by Fd and then ended up in the hands of Atty. P. who then released parts to the press. HOW was this leaking process with preferential treatment given to Fd and his atty in the best interests of the children or the entire process set forward in court by Judge Heller? HOW was what you did regarding the report in the best interests of the children? Why did you simply not resign in shame as any pretence as to your role as an officer of the court was in shreds? Do you routinely favor 'fathers' and abusive fathers at that over 'mothers'?

I could go on for a very long time with more and more questions for Atty Meehan. All I can say is that I hope that whoever is in charge in the State of CT for the GAL program does a thorough review of Atty Meehan decisions and actions in the Dulos v Dulos case and acts accordingly to dismiss him from participation in the GAL program as I have serious doubts as to his actually doing anything to safeguard the interests of the 5 Dulos children.

MOO

Last edited:

MOO

Not feeling super hopeful that the Honorable Cesar Noble will see through Team Fd’s antics. Not hopeful at all.

MOO

Yep, the GAL system is really a brilliantly crafted scam IMO to extort $$$ from parents that can afford it ONLY!

There have been some great articles on the CT GAL System in prior threads but I think probably most exploitive aspect of the fees owed to GALS is that they have priority in bankruptcy (even over taxes I believe) and I'm not 100% sure but I believe the fees owed to a GAL ALSO SURVIVE BANKRUPTCY.

IMO it was a program simply designed to get cash to attorneys and the attorneys are covered against any risk of non payment by the involved parties. Parents have no recourse other than to pay and pay and pay. Parents can seek to dismiss GALs (I think the Dulos case had 1 other GAL before the 'gem' Atty Meehan was found, but its not easy to get rid of a GAL as has been seen in the case of Atty Meehan as both attorneys in the case have had motions in to dismiss him for months and zero has been done by Judge Heller and presumably he is still running his billing clock at $300/hr!

Perhaps there are good GALs in CT but when you look at the list of available GALs (not a long list IMO) and the credentials (legal and special training etc.), IMO there are very few people on the list that jump out as outstanding candidates.

I believe there have been some modest attempts at reform of the GAL system in CT but I'm not sure all that much has changed. The GALs have quite a bit of power but I'm uncertain as to specific training beyond law school to 'safeguard the interests of the children'? The GAL is not a psychologist, not a social worker, has minimal extra training for the task and yet is asked to 'safeguard the interests of the children'.

In the sad Dulos v Dulos case I could probably come up with a list of 50 questions for GAL Atty Meehan on how exactly he was safeguarding the interests of the Dulos children but I guess my top 2 at the moment would be:

1. Why did Atty Meehan and his paralegal/office manager who got the call about the referral to CPS regarding the oldest Dulos son from a very concerned psychologist CHOOSE TO DO NOTHING? What would your responsibility have been if this traumatised child had harmed themselves and/or died? What was the argument for inaction? Was this protecting the child?

2. How did Fd Atty at the time end up was a draft report (unfinished and not presented to Court) prepared by the psychologist assigned by the Court which was then allegedly stolen by Fd and then ended up in the hands of Atty. P. who then released parts to the press. HOW was this leaking process with preferential treatment given to Fd and his atty in the best interests of the children or the entire process set forward in court by Judge Heller? HOW was what you did regarding the report in the best interests of the children? Why did you simply not resign in shame as any pretence as to your role as an officer of the court was in shreds? Do you routinely favor 'fathers' and abusive fathers at that over 'mothers'?

I could go on for a very long time with more and more questions for Atty Meehan. All I can say is that I hope that whoever is in charge in the State of CT for the GAL program does a thorough review of Atty Meehan decisions and actions in the Dulos v Dulos case and acts accordingly to dismiss him from participation in the GAL program as I have serious doubts as to his actually doing anything to safeguard the interests of the 5 Dulos children.

MOO

Upon a motion for contempt for a party's failure to comply with court-ordered payments to a GAL, the judge can order that the non-complying party be incarcerated. IMO

We have been following this case for a few months. We know the Farber family and feel sorry for all that they are going through. We have some questions and don't know if they were covered. First, when FD was first arrested, police commented on poison ivy irritation he had. Was this investigated or discussed? Do scent dogs or cadaver dogs go into those areas. Secondly, girlfriend MT's last court appearance was a hide her event. No one is reporting her coming/goings. Why is she out of the news?
Welcome @Mamaglori and thanks for joining us here on this very sad case! If you do know the Farber family then I would encourage you to go through the WS process of being what is called an Insider. Once approved as an Insider you do not have to present main stream media (MSM) or other factual sources (court docs etc.) to support your statements. Absent approval as an insider unfortunately under WS Terms of Service (TOS) you aren't able to talk about your friends the Farbers unless you are repeating something that has been already reported in the media or said by Carrie Luft as Family Spokesperson.

Here is link for the certification process to become an Insider:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-for-professional-or-insider-posters.167277/

We have a separate Media Thread from the beginning of the case for catchup and review that might help you. But, beware that the early Press (first nearly 3 months) was tainted by the presence of MT and Fd 'alibi script' lies which were fed to the Press on slow drip by Atty. P. and other Pattisville attys. So, the process here has been to rely mainly on the 2 arrest warrants (AW1 and AW2) prepared by LE as the Press coverage has been a major issue. Fd also did some public interviews with Sarah Wallace (highly scripted by Atty. P. in the opinion of most here) and Dateline that are in the Media Thread here and possibly worth a look. The case was also covered by Dr Oz and Dr Phil at various points. There is currently a 'gag order' in place so media coverage has been thin. This hasn't stopped us here at all as we continue to plow on!

Here is link to Media thread:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...aan-media-maps-timeline-no-discussion.448483/

I think we have now been discussing this case for 34 threads! Lots of fantastic people and lots of brilliant comments on this tragic case since JFd went missing on 5/24/19. Sadly LE hasn't spoken much in this case, ditto for State Police and States Atty. The hardworking folks here have combed through the Arrest Warrants (2 very detailed ones!), court documents and press accounts which were for over 2 months tainted by the presence of an 'alibi script' concocted by Fd and MT and which was fed to the Press by Atty. P. and Pattisville team on slow drip and which makes most of the early press on this case unreliable IMO.

There was a lot of discussion about poison ivy in prior threads so feel free to search out all the comments here. To be noted though is that LE NEVER discussed the poison ivy I believe but the poison ivy was visible in Fd photographs as was his totally shaved down body at the time of the JFd disappearance. I believe the speculation here was that the poison ivy would have been noted at Fd arrest intake into jail when photographs of the body are taken. Speculation also existed as to what kind of DNA or forensic testing Fd might have been subjected to (ditto for MT) when he was taken to Litchfield by State Police. None of this testing information was released to the public and the results of the testing haven't been released either.

MT has been discussed extensively as well on all the threads here. It is presently unclear whether MT is cooperating with the State to build a case against Fd. Atty Bowman who represents MT has the personal policy of not speaking with the Press which has been a blessing and a curse. Its been a blessing because his client lied to LE for over 2 months about what she knew and when she knew it but because her atty didn't speak about this to the press that the media coverage was not tainted by her lying. This was NOT the case with Fd Atty. P. who spent months spewing forth untruths and half truths based on the 'alibi scripts' which did a job IMO on the news coverage.

The AWs are quite comprehensive and are also located in the Media Thread.

MOO

Upon a motion for contempt for a party's failure to comply with court-ordered payments to a GAL, the judge can order that the non-complying party be incarcerated. IMO
Mmmm. Good to know. Perhaps Judge Heller isn't aware of this as Fd has owed GAL Meehan a significant sum for quite awhile and I believed Judge Heller also included the amt owed in custody award order to GF. Sadly, Fd is still out and about and owes $$$ to GAL Maserati Meehan!

I guess GAL Meehan could petition to put Fd in jail but it appears this hasn't been done either.

I guess rules are for other folks? IDK, it might be easier for us here to track rules that are complied with and enforced rather than those that exist but aren't enforced! Sorry to be cynical about something that is serious but we have seen next to nothing from the Judges in terms of imposing consequences on Fd in Family OR Civil Court.

MOO

sniped to reply

@pernickety....google chrome offers a translate option for Greek but its not the best but its better than Safari which recently eliminated the translate option so far as I can tell. I don't know about Firefox or Opera browser translation options.

Wow! So you obviously want to be GAL to the children of wealthy families only! My heart is literally breaking for the children of poor families who may need this service. Nobody wants to look out for these kids, because it isn’t worth their while from a financial sense. This is so unfair

That's why Court Appointed Special Advocates as described by our Tink above is there. Volunteers agree to the wearisome task of being a voice for the children in the system.

Home

covering Fairfield County

https://www.ctcasasw.org/

Jennifer's kids are no doubt well cared for via Grandma Gloria. But, we're not certain their voice is being heard in court. CourtS, unfortunately.

upload_2020-1-3_15-26-29.jpeg

Not feeling super hopeful that the Honorable Cesar Noble will see through Team Fd’s antics. Not hopeful at all.
Nope, sadly I'm with you here. Will just have to hope for the best here on behalf of GF, but given the lack of order in Judge Nobles Court and Fd ongoing non compliance over the 2+ years of the Civil Process I have to say its been a huge disappointment IMO as to the CT Judiciary in action. Atty Weinstein was pushing a huge boulder up a hill and the CT Judiciary IMO did him no favours by not requiring compliance with even its own Professional Standards and Courtroom Procedure.

The way it took Atty Weinstein nearly 2 years to get the various civil cases consolidated was IMO a farce and did nothing to further obtaining justice for the the Plaintiff in the cases either. Just thinking about the sad Civil Case all I can think about is the old phrase, "Lights are On but Nobody is Home" when referring to the concept of obtaining justice in CT!

MOO

MOO

MOO

It seems like there's been some very recent movement in CTs GAL "Standing Committee", like since JD disappeared. Read through the minutes of this subcommittee since May 2019 and you'll see some stepped up attention to issues of training, certification, and following the guidelines that appear as if they may have been laxly let go. Further, as of September 2019, a "removal by complaint" system was added and since that time one GAL has had 2 complaints filed (name not revealed, discussed in executive session).
There's also info on training, etc here.

It seems like a timely story for a good investigative journalist to look into the stepped up activity of this committee and just how their new complaint system is working. Could be coincidence of course but the Dulos case has certainly brought a lot of attention to the role of GALs in contentious divorce cases.

Standing Committee on Guardians Ad Litem and Attorneys for the Minor Child in Family Matters
https://jud.ct.gov/Committees/GAL_AMC/GAL_Notice_2019.pdf

Well, there you go. Another Reason to Lock Up Fd.

I wonder Why GAL Meehan has Not filed a motion in this regards.

Perhaps this will be addressed with his recent Court Request?

IMO.

Last edited:
It simply amazes me that he pursues these demands in separate courts.
All the while wearing an ankle monitor for 2 AWs.
Both being , IMO, so incriminating.
What are he and his attorneys thinking?
He appears to have great faith in them.
Has it occurred to him that they could be milking him for all he has?
Truthfully, how much do they believe in his innocence?
My guess is when this all comes to pass Mr. Fotis will end up with a public defender.
MOO

Well, there you go. Another Reason to Lock Up Fd.

I wonder Why GAL Meehan has Not filed a motion in this regards.

Perhaps this will be addressed with his recent Court Request?

IMO.

Could it simply mean that Meehan is only interested in getting paid, and has no interest in locking Fd up? I mean, they were friendly enough that Fd managed to get ahold of the psychologist’s report. That at least means Meehan let him read it.

It simply amazes me that he pursues these demands in separate courts.
All the while wearing an ankle monitor for 2 AWs.
Both being , IMO, so incriminating.
What are he and his attorneys thinking?
He appears to have great faith in them.
Has it occurred to him that they could be milking him for all he has?
Truthfully, how much do they believe in his innocence?
My guess is when this all comes to pass Mr. Fotis will end up with a public defender.
MOO

Innocent til proven broke

Welcome @Mamaglori and thanks for joining us here on this very sad case! If you do know the Farber family then I would encourage you to go through the WS process of being what is called an Insider. Once approved as an Insider you do not have to present main stream media (MSM) or other factual sources (court docs etc.) to support your statements. Absent approval as an insider unfortunately under WS Terms of Service (TOS) you aren't able to talk about your friends the Farbers unless you are repeating something that has been already reported in the media or said by Carrie Luft as Family Spokesperson.

Here is link for the certification process to become an Insider:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

We have a separate Media Thread from the beginning of the case for catchup and review that might help you. But, beware that the early Press (first nearly 3 months) was tainted by the presence of MT and Fd 'alibi script' lies which were fed to the Press on slow drip by Atty. P. and other Pattisville attys. So, the process here has been to rely mainly on the 2 arrest warrants (AW1 and AW2) prepared by LE as the Press coverage has been a major issue. Fd also did some public interviews with Sarah Wallace (highly scripted by Atty. P. in the opinion of most here) and Dateline that are in the Media Thread here and possibly worth a look. The case was also covered by Dr Oz and Dr Phil at various points. There is currently a 'gag order' in place so media coverage has been thin. This hasn't stopped us here at all as we continue to plow on!

Here is link to Media thread:
CT - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, Media, Maps, Timeline, *NO DISCUSSION*

I think we have now been discussing this case for 34 threads! Lots of fantastic people and lots of brilliant comments on this tragic case since JFd went missing on 5/24/19. Sadly LE hasn't spoken much in this case, ditto for State Police and States Atty. The hardworking folks here have combed through the Arrest Warrants (2 very detailed ones!), court documents and press accounts which were for over 2 months tainted by the presence of an 'alibi script' concocted by Fd and MT and which was fed to the Press by Atty. P. and Pattisville team on slow drip and which makes most of the early press on this case unreliable IMO.

There was a lot of discussion about poison ivy in prior threads so feel free to search out all the comments here. To be noted though is that LE NEVER discussed the poison ivy I believe but the poison ivy was visible in Fd photographs as was his totally shaved down body at the time of the JFd disappearance. I believe the speculation here was that the poison ivy would have been noted at Fd arrest intake into jail when photographs of the body are taken. Speculation also existed as to what kind of DNA or forensic testing Fd might have been subjected to (ditto for MT) when he was taken to Litchfield by State Police. None of this testing information was released to the public and the results of the testing haven't been released either.

MT has been discussed extensively as well on all the threads here. It is presently unclear whether MT is cooperating with the State to build a case against Fd. Atty Bowman who represents MT has the personal policy of not speaking with the Press which has been a blessing and a curse. Its been a blessing because his client lied to LE for over 2 months about what she knew and when she knew it but because her atty didn't speak about this to the press that the media coverage was not tainted by her lying. This was NOT the case with Fd Atty. P. who spent months spewing forth untruths and half truths based on the 'alibi scripts' which did a job IMO on the news coverage.

The AWs are quite comprehensive and are also located in the Media Thread.

MOO
Thanks for the information. We are not interested in being Insiders but like to know things that are going on with this matter. Justice for Jennifer and her family.

Some interesting reading:

https://www.meehanlaw.com/firm-profile

Connecticut gets C- grade in 2015 State Integrity Investigation – Center for Public Integrity

Michael Meehan is a 3rd generation lawyer from a well known legal family - his grandfather was a judge, dad appears to be a prominent local attorney. Not sure what to make of MM. His academic credentials are very average (which could mean something or nothing). Is he benefiting from the family name/connections or is he a good attorney in his own right? Hard to know here ....

Thanks for the information. We are not interested in being Insiders but like to know things that are going on with this matter. Justice for Jennifer and her family.
@mamglori, sorry to hear this but glad to have you here and reading along. If you ever see something here that you know is absolutely incorrect about JFd or the Farbers, it would be much appreciated if you could post a gentle correction. There is great respect here for the Farber family, the victim JFd and the 5 children but sadly little is known about them and perhaps assumptions made her might be incorrect or interpretations might not be spot on. Thanks!

View attachment 223516

That would protect delicate ankles from the big, mean ankle bracelet!

JMHO YMMV
@Laughing. Haha! I thought that MT via her Patagonia Styles company might somehow engineer a sheepskin cover for fellow ankle bracelet wearers! This would turn the infamous ankle bracelet into something that looks like the top of an UGG.

Perhaps MT made a special version of such a bracelet cover for Fd (we heard in court via Atty. P. that Fd ankles are 'particularly subject to chafing' which sounded painful for the petite prince!) for Christmas and we might see him sporting it at the upcoming Court hearings?

Perhaps MT is going to make them for herself in assorted colors and we will see her sporting the newest fashion craze in circles where folks wear monitoring bracelets!

Can't you see the wonderful ads that could be done for this product!

Are you tired of your plain ugly black monitoring bracelet and wish you could fit in with your fashionable friends?

Here is a leather coated/sheepskin coated cover for your ankle bracelet! Exotic leathers and skins are totally possible by special request: Just send your ankle bracelet model info to @Patagonia styles via Insta and will will send you a custom quote within 24 hrs! We believe in always being in fashion!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member