Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but it appears Ira Judelson in the NYP article was doing a bit of a "Texas Two Step" IMO in his comments as he said was working on the bail PRIOR TO THE SUICIDE.

I really wonder who will underwrite this now?

Looks like this might mean that the "Greek Benefactor" might just have to come up with the cash!

Curious to see how this is resolved as I don't think we will see a commercial firm take this risk on and with the properties that we are aware of I'm not sure how to meet the collateral requirement either?

MOO
I think this is likely to become a moot point in the next day or two. We’ll have a clear idea once we get an update on his condition, and the status of his brain activity.

We’re probably close to a situation where it’s time to game out how this all moves forward, with MT now the biggest fish.

I guess it all depends on how long he sat in the car with the exhaust filling his vehicle and then how long CPR was administered IMO - my guess is IF he staged this he will recover just fine - but I think if he did he didn’t research it well enough and I believe he will have brain damage
JMO
I thought I read that CPR was administered for 15-30 minutes but with all the misreporting it's hard to tell. He apparently did not have a pulse for 15 minutes but I suppose that could mean it was so faint it wasn't detected. They were probably checking while they were working on him.

I don't think this was staged. If it doesn't kill you, carbon monoxide poisoning can cause permanent brain damage and neurological problems and I don't see Fotis taking that kind of risk.

Imo

Last edited:
Let’s think about this for a second:

There will be a bond hearing tomorrow in Dulos case even though he will not be present. He will have a new bondsman Ira Judelson, known for bailing out high-profile clients. His latest is Harvey Weinstein. Judelson said tonight he is prepared to cover all $7 million if necessary.

Dave Altimari on Twitter

First off, FD has to survive this (which I think is unlikely). Secondly, I highly doubt any judge is going to approve bond for a man who will present a huge suicide risk.

Looks like someone just wants their name in the paper.

To quote legendary Dunder Mifflin Regional Manager, Michael Scott, "I've made some empty promises in my life, but hands down, that was the most generous."

Such a strange turn of events. Hard to understand how this even happens (that a bond company would take this risk, I guess it's good publicity). I am going to go out on a limb and say that I think he will survive (I don't know how well he'll do, but I think he'll survive).

I have a very good track record of being overly optimistic regarding medical outcomes, though.

The Dave Altimari timeline of the early am events IMO clarify a bit of what happened to push Fd over the edge here - looks like the bond was to be revoked and Colangelo got the news at 8:30am and Atty. P. at 9:00am:

State insurance regulators determined there were problems with the real estate valuations and transmitted the information to Palmetto Surety, the South Carolina insurer that underwrote the bond. Specifically, the bond was secured by six pieces of real estate – two of which it had been determined were subject to foreclosure and a third was found to have been substantially overvalued.

Early Tuesday, Palmetto instructed its local lawyer, A. Ryan McGuigan, to move in court to revoke the bond. McGuigan said he notified State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo at about 8:30 a.m. of the impending revocation and that Colangelo notified Pattis at about 9 a.m. [BBM]

McGuigan said he and a private bondsman arrived at the Dulos home in Farmington at about 11:30 a.m. to serve notice that they would be formally moving in court later in the morning to pull the bond. McGuigan said he encountered a state of confusion. [BBM]

Two Farmington patrol cars had already arrived and they were quickly joined by dozens of police officers and emergency medical personnel.

The first responders located Dulos in the garage of his home. McGuigan said Dulos, who appeared unresponsive, was moved to the back yard from the garage, which appears to have been filled with smoke or exhaust. Emergency medical personnel immediately began efforts at resuscitation, which continued for an extended period of time, two sources said.

It was believed initially by the first responders that Dulos had died. But after at least a half hour of efforts at resuscitation, medical personnel detective a faint pulse, one of the sources said.

Such a strange turn of events. Hard to understand how this even happens (that a bond company would take this risk, I guess it's good publicity). I am going to go out on a limb and say that I think he will survive (I don't know how well he'll do, but I think he'll survive).

I have a very good track record of being overly optimistic regarding medical outcomes, though.
I’m hoping he does survive, and ultimately faces justice.

We’ll find out soon enough.

Pattis was in D.C. with another client today. Interesting, right?

jmo

Yes, I think so. I had sort of been checking this thread around the court dates, to see when NP dropped FD from the front bench. NP will hand off appearances to his staff, it'll give 'em good practice in the courtroom while he goes out and trawls for new clients and puts his efforts into other cases (he hopes they are all going to be high profile from now on, I'm sure).

Washington, D.C. seems like the right place for NP to find more clients, right?

Heidi Voight on Twitter

“I feel that I let him down. He trusted me to be his good shepherd through the valley of the shadow of death & perhaps he reached out & I didn’t hear what he needed. I feel a sense of responsibility for his welfare.” - Norm Pattis to
@NBCNews
on #FotisDulos suicide attempt #nbcct
He trusted him to be his "good shepherd through the valley of the shadow of death?"

Is he for real?

I have a feeling he can’t get out of bed anytime soon....
ABC News on site at Jacobi Medical Center said
there's a heavy police presence around the facility since FD arrived.
Reporter said he had just been transferred from the ER to the Hyperbaric Chamber.
I wonder how long til they will evaluate the condition of his brain and how much is still viable and how much is damaged.

@kimch33kim said:
Bond money was never to be returned either way. Only if he paid the complete bond, which he didn't.

If bond keeps the collateral, and the collateral is fiction, then perhaps this was his plan all along.
JMO

The bond premium and the bond collateral for $6mil are not the same. No refund for a premium, and a defendant forfeits the collateral if he jumps bail.

I'm sure there is an exception if defendant's no show due to medical incapacitated but don't know it same applies to a suicide attempt. (It probably does).

Nonetheless - it's doesn't apply here because the bond was already pulled by the surety.

It's being reported the State Insurance regulators advised Palmetto Surety (underwrote the bond) that FD's bond collateral had been secured by wildly overvalued real estate.

FD's bond was secured by 6 pieces of real estate -- two subject to foreclosure and third substantially overvalued.

Early Tuesday, Palmetto instructed it's local lawyer to move in court to revoke the bond. The lawyer and a private bondsman reportedly arrived at FD's residence about 11:30 AM to formally serve notice bond being pulled and found the police and chaos underway. MOO

Hartford, Connecticut Breaking News, Sports & Entertainment - Hartford Courant

Let’s think about this for a second:

There will be a bond hearing tomorrow in Dulos case even though he will not be present. He will have a new bondsman Ira Judelson, known for bailing out high-profile clients. His latest is Harvey Weinstein. Judelson said tonight he is prepared to cover all $7 million if necessary.

Dave Altimari on Twitter

First off, FD has to survive this (which I think is unlikely). Secondly, I highly doubt any judge is going to approve bond for a man who will present a huge suicide risk.

Looks like someone just wants their name in the paper.

To quote legendary Dunder Mifflin Regional Manager, Michael Scott, "I've made some empty promises in my life, but hands down, that was the most generous."

The guy is prepared to cover it because from what we saw today, I don't think FD is going to go anywhere and will not be a flight risk LOL <<< sorry, not sorry for laughing.

So, when his finances were about to be revealed in the divorce case, he had to kill Jennifer to keep them from being exposed.
Now, when his finances were about to be revealed in her murder case (and perhaps send him to jail) he tried to kill himself.

He is willing to kill/die to protect the truth about his finances from being revealed.

From the DM "friend" comments, it seems that FD decided it would be better to die than to endure prison. Why didn't he think of this earlier? Did he really think he was going to get away with it, when he was driving down the Merritt on the 24th, when he was biking along Weed St that morning? Did NP and KS egg him on to believe he could get away with anything? They appeared to have set up an alternate bailout that morning, so clearly they were continuing in that vein.

Does it seem a bit odd to anyone else that nobody was accompanying FD driving down to court this morning? He was just going to hop in the Suburban and drive down there on his own?

I firmly believe FD thought he would beable to flee on a friends private jet to Greece. Hence his testing the limits of his monitor. How far could he go with it on? Was it close enough to get to an airport where a friend was waiting for him after he cut the monitor, yet far enough from LE that they could not get to him fast enough. What happened is he was reigned in tighter on house arrest. He blew his early opportunity to flee, when he had ability to drive almost anywhere like over NY border.

criminals don’t always think what if...just now

So the bond hearing is moved to tomorrow.
Dave Altimari on Twitter
Fyi...here is the notification from Vinelink:
01/28/2020

This notification is brought to you by Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that FOTIS DULOS, with docket number FST CR190148554T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 01/29/2020. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that maybe available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428View attachment 228492. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The Connecticut SAVIN Program

This email is to inform you that FOTIS DULOS, with docket number FST CR190148554T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 01/29/2020. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeidiPeter