Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe without an arrest warrant in place, the law is afraid that the Greek family members could and might help FD escape to Greece? I'm also assuming that the law doesn't really care if the defendant is in zero shape to walk out of a hospital or not; and thinks better safe than sorry.
Maybe it means the decision to keep him on life support is so the family can visit him before they pull the plug?
Who has the final decision?
I wonder if Fotis has a living will or if he has indicated that in such a situation he did not wish to be kept alive with life support?

Imo

Assuming that his family has the medical power of attorney to make decisions for him? I find him having that already taken care of really interesting. I don't think he's a detail kind of guy regarding paperwork. JMO

FD just could not deal with prison. I think that was the insurmountable obstacle, more than the shame (and certainly there is zero evidence of remorse). Remember when he tore out of court in his orange jumpsuit, even though most go back to change? He didn't want to go back to jail for even five minutes. Now he saw the writing on the wall - he was going out through the back door today and so he did what he had to do to "win," took the escape hatch straight to the hell of his own making. A strange and dangerous man who could have had everything -- in fact, he did have everything. He really did. And he was somehow compelled to destroy it. For what?? Greed, rage, ego, arrogance, need to control, lack of empathy, or some sinister combination of all of the above? The whole thing is such a terrible shame. Now MT (and KM) will blame FD for everything, even if she was a willing co-conspirator and equally cold-hearted. How could she? But, how could she do so many of the things she did. You would think by age 45 you'd have a sense of female solidarity but she was ruthless in treading on an innocent woman, a fellow mom, and taking everything she could for herself. My heart breaks for Jennifer, and her precious children.

Maybe it means the decision to keep him on life support is so the family can visit him before they pull the plug?
Who has the final decision?
I wonder if Fotis has a living will or if he has indicated that in such a situation he did not wish to be kept alive with life support?

Imo

That's how I interpreted it. A non-stop flight from Greece is still going to take a good 9-11 hours. I think he was alluding to FD being placed on life support so his family will have a chance to say their goodbyes.

All imo

Maybe without an arrest warrant in place, the law is afraid that the Greek family members could and might help FD escape to Greece? I'm also assuming that the law doesn't really care if the defendant is in zero shape to walk out of a hospital or not; and thinks better safe than sorry.
I don’t think it’s that complicated. I think it’s only a paperwork issue to place everything on hold. They all know he’s not going anywhere by now, at least not anytime soon. With him rearrested, they can have guards to keep lookieloos out but the family can still see him, the bond issue being revoked and a new bondsman essentially disappears because there’s no need for it at this time, it also cleans up any possible issue with him no longer being in CT or under house arrest. That’s why NP agreed so quickly. JMO

edited for typos - fat fingers strike again.

No, I don't think it has anything to do with the family visiting.
They are most likely coming to see him so they can say goodbye.

Imo

This is what I’m basing it on .....

White said Dulos will be rearrested if he is released from the hospital on $6.5 million bond — a $500,000 increase from the previous amount.

The arrangement will make it easier for family and those authorized to visit, especially if these happen to be Dulos’ last days, according to attorney Kevin Smith, part of the defendant’s team.

Fotis Dulos’ in ‘dire condition,’ ordered re-arrested if released from hospital

That part sounds like it was picked up over the scanner or radio.
Cardiac arrest means his heart stopped or at least they suspected that it had. The cpr was performed to get his heart going again or maintain a rhythm until paramedics or doctors could use more advance measures or a dr or ME call TOD. Had they not done that there would be no reason to treat the carbon monoxide
I agree and the scanner clip confirmed what we saw med tech doing on scene with regard to the CPR. The LE briefing only mentioned CO2 poisoning treatment but did refer generally to what was done to treat Fd at the scene.

So how mostly dead is he? Is he expected to come out of whatever state he’s in? I can’t find details of his medical circumstances. Do they think he was not breathing and without heartbeat for quite a while?
That’s the mystery question. IIRC, reports yesterday stated first responders performed extended CPR at the scene (along with reports of intubation.) No pulse etc.

But idk for sure. Has this been verified in MSM?

Definitely “how dead” depends on how long the organs were deprived of oxygen due to anemic anoxia. If he were in full cardiac/respiratory arrest - and how long? Were his pupils blown?

Oh, there were reports of him being “dead” initially. I’m not sure if the media just jumped the gun or if someone reported a fact?

Do we know for sure FD is on life support, as in no expectation for any recovery at all? Has his condition been downgraded to grave? Yesterday he was in critical condition, unstable but with reasonable recovery with major intervention.

Or maybe the two terms are used interchangeably.

I guess we can't know if he has deteriorated further to being brain dead or moribund, due to HIPAA.

I wish his family would donate his body to science. I'm sure the autopsy will reveal some interesting facts about a brain that was able to resume control over the heart after being hit with that much CO. And, it would be really cool if they'd just section his whole brain and send it for study (this dude's wiring has got to be crossed somewhere).

Perhaps their need to know could be later. As much as I despise FD actions, he is their father. Allow them the courtesy of learning at their own speed. Too much has been foisted on them already.

Honestly, I don't think the older ones will forgive not being allowed to see him. There is likely no later to see him alive here. Maybe they don't want to, and that is a different story.

FD just could not deal with prison. I think that was the insurmountable obstacle, more than the shame (and certainly there is zero evidence of remorse). Remember when he tore out of court in his orange jumpsuit, even though most go back to change? He didn't want to go back to jail for even five minutes. Now he saw the writing on the wall - he was going out through the back door today and so he did what he had to do to "win," took the escape hatch straight to the hell of his own making. A strange and dangerous man who could have had everything -- in fact, he did have everything. He really did. And he was somehow compelled to destroy it. For what?? Greed, rage, ego, arrogance, need to control, lack of empathy, or some sinister combination of all of the above? The whole thing is such a terrible shame. Now MT (and KM) will blame FD for everything, even if she was a willing co-conspirator and equally cold-hearted. How could she? But, how could she do so many of the things she did. You would think by age 45 you'd have a sense of female solidarity but she was ruthless in treading on an innocent woman, a fellow mom, and taking everything she could for herself. My heart breaks for Jennifer, and her precious children.

MT couldn’t even plead to save her own child from the humiliation of a trial

I hope LE gets her to reveal details of the crime then locks her away until she’s 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7