Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I think this was a stunt that backfired. FD sent the GF out (just like he had MT do) and the GF returned a tad too late. Also, there’s something about FD note that doesn’t sit right. May just be me but it sort of looks like it was written by a female and I find it really odd that it’s dated (as if it was going to be used).

Anyways, I’ve been a member here for years but I mostly read so not sure if this is allowed - here’s a pic of something written by FD. Compared, what’s your opinion? Do you think the note was written by him?

Attachments

• fd.jpg
    fd.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 292
  • from-fotis.png
    from-fotis.png
    429.8 KB · Views: 255
I posted earlier a brief VF article that gives some insight into how JD (referred to as Farber in the article) got entangled with FD. By the time she realized that he could be a threat to her life, she was already deep in with kids and the outward, at least, vision of that dollhouse NYT wedding page mirage of married life, which may have blinded her to the downward spiral she was on earlier.

Plus, JD was very empathetic, gaslighted by FD, and FD was so violent that he was willing and able to kill (her as well as himself) which isn't really the norm (though all too common), but clearly it took some time for her to realize it was this serious. She knew early on they were different in that he loved those blood and guts violent movies and she couldn't take it, but even at that point, it's easy to just attribute that to personal difference, after all theaters are filled with people taking that in yet they don't all go out and kill people close to them.
I think the small suggestions in this article gives an idea of how women are socialized to overlook the kinds of warning signs that present earlier on, in favor of the view of the "perfect married life" which we know is not so perfect underneath, even if it doesn't stoop so low as to murder. There are so many women in JDs position who "settle" or overlook problems, sometimes even warning signs, because societal indicators (as well as the perpetrators themselves) direct them to, and they think it is their problem, not the other person. And then there are the kids, which makes escape all the more difficult and again social norms push against this.

Here's the article, aptly titled "Window shopping for a life":

With Accused Wife-Murderer Fotis Dulos on Life Support, the Grim End of a Perfect Couple

"Farber soon tired of the Manhattan scene, craving light, air, and solitude, and took off for Aspen and Los Angeles. When she married Dulos, she was in search of a solid future with a husband she loved, and badly wanted to be a mom. Both she and Dulos were athletes: He was a water-skier, and she was a nationally ranked junior squash player when she went to Saint Ann’s. She kept writing a bit but basically took care of the kids. Many years earlier, she had written in an essay—extremely semi-ironically, in the Gen X style—that this was the life she wanted. “The New York Times wedding pages held a hypnotic sway over me since I discovered them at age 11. Entering the structured, ambitious black-and-white world at the back of the Sunday paper, I was window-shopping for a life. My young eyes filled with photo images of correctly poised supergirls, well educated, accomplished, thoroughbred.”
In many ways the story of Farber’s demise is an old one: Dulos reportedly began an affair with a Venezuelan woman, Michelle Troconis, and the couple later began divorce proceedings. Because Farber’s family was a primary source of Dulos’s funds to run his development business—her parents gave him many loans—he also considered the dissolution of the marriage the beginning of the end of his financial freedom. Their divorce documents include Farber explaining that Dulos had threatened to take the children to Greece and that she was afraid he would harm her.
The perfect life they had created together was no more. As a child, Farber played with dollhouses, she wrote, making her mother take her to the Museum of the City of New York to gaze at the ones there. “Huge houses, lit up, from the Edith Wharton age of New York society, when little rich girls played and were bedazzled by swank ’20s parties, maids being pinched by the master of the house at the top of the servants’ stairway.” She imagined a time when she “could write plays, live on Park Avenue in the ’60s in a ‘perfect eight’ with a fireplace and service entrance, and supervise our New York calendars” for her family."

Yes Jennifer seems like the type that I’ve met in my work before who don’t see the signs until it’s too late (stuck with kids, etc.).

But I wasn’t actually thinking about her. I was thinking about AC and MT. AC helped this dude even knowing he likely killed his wife. MT helped him do so before he did!

I don’t think Jennifer is like them. She seemed like an angel. But reading her blog and hearing from friends it seems she was a somewhat introspective and quiet person who could easily withdraw into herself. She also seemed to have the type of nice life (until FD) that doesn’t compel a person to be on the lookout for danger in the world.

Hmmm ... I don't know ... carbon monoxide suicides don't usually strike me cries for help or statements/maneuvers. But anything's possible at this point, I suppose.

I will say that I was quite surprised FD chose that method over the more fail-safe hanging with a little bit of pharma/chemical backup. Much less chance of being interrupted/saved. Sorry if this is all super morbid, but so is this case, I guess.
Imagining FD inside of his truck with the motor running reminds me of the scene in the movie “Bad Santa” starring Billy Bob Thornton.:cool:

IMO, I think this was a stunt that backfired. FD sent the GF out (just like he had MT do) and the GF returned a tad too late. Also, there’s something about FD note that doesn’t sit right. May just be me but it sort of looks like it was written by a female and I find it really odd that it’s dated (as if it was going to be used).

Anyways, I’ve been a member here for years but I mostly read so not sure if this is allowed - here’s a pic of something written by FD. Compared, what’s your opinion? Do you think the note was written by him?

I do. I compared some of his letters A, F, I, etc...looks the same

While they are both very neatly written, the style of the lettering is very different.IMO

Jennifer was PLENTY smart. She got herself and those children into another home away from FD and obviously was intelligent enough to let her nanny and mother know what to do in the event anything happened to her. Couldn't help that she was ambushed.

This street smarts thing strikes a nerve with me as well, but I don't think @gitana1 intended to malign Jennifer's character at all. We're all just trying to figure out this craziness but that's the problem--it's crazy.

Sure, maybe some people think FD is "dreamy" when it comes to appearance but many fell under his "spell"--including good old NP, IMO. That photojournalist. His lawyer/alleged accomplice. And Kevin Smith?? He looked like he just lost a close relative during that PC last evening. It's not just the ladies. MOO.

Yes. The context of the conversation was AC. Not Jennifer.

JFd grew up in the city and amidst her no doubt privileged upbringing had IMO both "book" and "street" smarts to spare. MOO. I absolutely agree that folks like Fd reveal themselves but it looks like it took a good while for the mask to come off in his relationship with Jd. I think he stayed on the narrow due to the money he got from HF and he liked the money and travel that allowed him to absent himself from childcare duties and details 10 days a month for personal travel for years. Fd had a vested interest IMO to keeping the story going and keeping his mask under wraps (at least publicly at least) but I think the private situation with JFd did start to unravel in a big way by 2012 as she was crushed by childcare responsibilities, exhausted, abandoned and Fd seemed to pick up the pace on his criticism and personal demands.

I do believe based on the Family Court docs that at a certain point JFd might have wished that the 10 days a month had been 25 or more! I wonder if HF (who I do believe was quite street smart as is GF!) saw behind the Fd mask and did what he did to keep Fd focused on something other than his incessant travel and skiing? I think GF had Fd number in 2 seconds flat and did what she could eventually to enable her daughter to flee a horrific situation at 4Jx.

What I think she might not have been prepared for in terms her understanding is the great cultural differences based on the Fd background and the fact that he was no doubt well practiced in surface charm, reading people and extensive manipulation skills that are so common with the narcopath subset of folks. Fd by heritage was a Turk that was part of an ethnic minority population in his home country and no doubt felt like a fish out water heading to Athens as a 7-8 year old. Fd talked about this himself in the 2 pages that the Avon author shared with the world yesterday. Fd had to figure out as an immigrant how to function in Athens which was IMO quite a different place from Istanbul at the time. I believe Fd was a social chameleon and put up a good chat game with those he sought to impress and I have no doubt that he looked at the big picture social scene at Brown and later Columbia and NY to figure out 'what was what'. We've long referred to Fd as "Fo" and this was always short for "FAUX". In many respects no matter his book smarts and innate intelligence he was inauthentic and 'faux'.

I do believe JFd got an early wake up call in their relationship on 'all things Greek' as she lost her loved city life and was buried in the very far away suburbs in CT amongst people that she might not have much in common with at all and ditto for Fd.

Fd IMO wasn't a run of the mill narc, nope. He was a narc with a mission and in order to accomplish his mission he had to keep JFd under control, busy, away from friends and family, isolated and not spending too much time focusing on him. I think he was successful for a long time, but JFd eventually realised there was no relationship and she had 5 children and was functioning as a single parent. It took her awhile to put this all together I think because the Fd act was good and also I think smart people sometimes might have a tough time accepting that they might have misjudged or made a whole series of poor decisions and choices. We read about so much of this inner struggle in her blog posts. I wonder if we will ever get to read her most recent book (not the pre Gone Girl book) that allegedly was about her life and marriage in the suburbs! Can you say possible, "Bombshell"!

MOO

I’m with you with the exception that privileged upbringings cause the exact opposite of street smarts. Which is why they call them street smarts.

Street smarts come from having to have an eye open for danger and having your safety depend on being super aware. Of course anyone can learn though.

I think old Norm is just looking for free publicity via self-promotion. I don't believe he will follow through.

How many cases are appealed to the Supreme Court each year?
How many cases are appealed to the Court each year and how many cases does the Court hear? The Court receives approximately 7,000-8,000 petitions for a writ of certiorari each Term. The Court grants and hears oral argument in about 80 cases.
www.supremecourt.gov › about › faq_general

Frequently Asked Questions: General Information - Supreme Court ...

One-on-one with Fotis Dulos’ attorney Norm Pattis
In the note, Doulos is said to have proclaimed his innocence.

“I have not read it,” says Pattis. “I have had it describe to me. But, that is my belief, yes.”

And, in that note, Dulos allegedly wrote that his lawyers have the evidence to prove his innocence...

The Dulos family is now making funeral arrangements and has considered burying Fotis Dulos in Farmington.

“We recommended that Mr. Dulos body be removed from the United States for fear that his grave would be desecrated.”

Pattis says this is a case unlike any other he’s ever handled.

“I’ve had obviously suicides before but this is a man I came to care about deeply and understand as a human being and I take his loss personally.”

Pattis says despite the fact that Stamford State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo, who has been prosecuting this case, has just been named the new Chief State’s Attorney, it will have no impact on the Dulos case moving forward.

if he understands him, perhaps he can explain him to us (with a say, 300 word limit)

I still am of the opinion that he did not plan to actually die. This was a stunt that went wrong. End of his story.

I agree 100%, thought that before reading his utterly absurd "suicide note," and am even more convinced afterwards.

To believe he actually intended to kill himself is to believe he felt remorse for anything- killing his wife, destroying his friends' lives, gaslighting & inflicting emotional trauma upon his children, tormenting his MIL. No. On any and all counts.

Or, to believe he so was in so much despair at the prospect of going to prison that staying alive was intolerable. But nope, he had plenty of emotional energy to spare to spell out his grievances and self pity, and enough thinking about what might come next to assert his "innocence" by making a "dying declaration" of the innocence of those who might flip on him and make plea deals.

He didn't intend to kill himself, imo. He planned to have his new GF return in time to find and rescue an innocent victim, pushed beyond endurance, in the process of committing suicide, and too much a victim for her to challenge him about using her to defraud the bondsman to stay out of jail.

Karmic justice, and mercifully, an end to the torment he inflicted upon his MIL and children.

Yeah, sure, why not?

I mean, I'm no graphologist, but plenty of the letters check out for me ("n", "s", "r"); and perhaps more interestingly, even within the same pieces of prose, he often elides some of his words for a sort-of mixture of print/cursive (not raising his pen from the paper between each letter); and, perhaps most importantly for me, he writes some letters differently depending upon the word he's embarking on (sometimes in the same note, he will use straight-angled descenders for some letters, and then sometimes curved descenders ["g", "y"]).

Now, maybe that's not interesting to everyone in the world but it is interesting to me, because once upon a time I read that, though it sounds silly and counterproductive as all-get-out, one of the ways to tell a forgery from an original, is that purportedly nobody ever signs their name "the same way" twice. An inept forger will studiously copy/trace a signature. A skillful forger, however, will learn the generic form/shape of letters of their mark; and then toss a handwritten signature off carelessly, almost like an afterthought.

MOO, IMO, etc.

Nope. He thought he’d live happily every after.

How’d that work out for you Fotis?
It's worse than that. He mentions jail first. That's most important. Then his friends, associates. Then the kids.

The horrific part is that "the limits" comment was part of his comment to his children! It limits his wanting to be with them, by defining parameters for just that. "I love you, but..."

"I would do anything to be with them... well, I mean, ALMOST anything - we all have our limits.

I'd be with you IF I could live in your grandmother's mansion and continue receiving her money. But screw it if it's going to mean I have to be poor, go to trial, or spend any time in jail - I mean really!, me? Jail? No way."

View attachment 229087

Yes, in statement analysis it's understood that when someone writes a personal narrative, he always goes in order of what's important to him.

Beginning the note with a heartfelt word to each of your children would have meant a lot to them, FD!

Last edited:
Yes Jennifer seems like the type that I’ve met in my work before who don’t see the signs until it’s too late (stuck with kids, etc.).

But I wasn’t actually thinking about her. I was thinking about AC and MT. AC helped this dude even knowing he likely killed his wife. MT helped him do so before he did!

I don’t think Jennifer is like them. She seemed like an angel. But reading her blog and hearing from friends it seems she was a somewhat introspective and quiet person who could easily withdraw into herself. She also seemed to have the type of nice life (until FD) that doesn’t compel a person to be on the lookout for danger in the world.
I thought the same thing - but your words are spot on
I’ve followed this case since early days and I can’t help feeling sad for her loved ones - these women who FD persuaded to assist him in the total destruction of Jennifer I will never understand but her mom saved the children (and her nanny) jMO

Drama Queen. Have to cut my head off to end this tragedy. Pathetic man.
Oh ho. Maybe this is the clue to dismemberment. No problem cutting his head off to end everything. Maybe he cut JFD head off to end her life. To end everything she represented.
You may have hit on something here, MWM.
Perhaps FD couldn't keep himself from leaking what he did to Jennifer. Liars often do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kittycanfind