Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Replying to myself ..

I guess my point is :
MT didn’t need to agree to the No Contact Order. She’s paying his bill , he’s working for her .

She could have said , “No, I want to stay with Fotis , figure out another Defense for me /us”. Jon Bonet’s parents come to mind .

If she wasn’t going to turn on him and come clean with the truth, why’d she even bother leaving.

she must of gave le something her bail was reduced for aw2. Fd was a half mill and hers was 100k for aw2 I m pretty sure.I'm afraid as I’ve said before fd didn’t give MT the Grand finale. Why tell le enough to get your bail reduced but not enough to cut a deal? Cuz you don’t know anymore? Would be a reason?moo

I’m keeping a open mind about mt involvement for now.she did help fill some of those bags but were not sure that every bag fd thru out on Albany ave had bloody evidence in them.some of those bags could of contained construction debris from previous clean ups that could be how MT’s dna and fingerprint got on and in them.she may of cleaned up after a trades man days before half filling a bag.we all know tradesman (electritions,plumbers,ect)don’t clean up after themselves. Then Fotis throws some bloody clean up on top and ties the bag shut. She said fd was cleaning something off a seat in the Tacoma handed her the towel and she thru it in a bag.he said it was coffee she had no reason to believe it wasn’t at that point. I just think mt could be the starie eyed air head in love with the rich guy,do what he asked.confused as to why but doing it because he asked. Fotis being the cheap builder he was probably used other people’s trash bins all the time.so this ride may not of seemed so out of place. Except the neighborhood he choose.
I m just not ready to be judge and jury with her life just yet. There is much more evidence in discovery.and a trail coming. Theres a reason why the judicial system works the way it dose. Fd was a slam dunk but who and how he dragged Mt into this I’m not sure but it leaves other possibles than mt as a full on accomplice.

Maybe if she hadn’t lied so many times, it might be more clear that she didn’t have the involvement that rises to “co-conspirator” status, but she did lie. Over and over again. That isn’t the act of an innocent person...that is the act of someone who knew details that she isn’t sharing, because otherwise she wouldn’t know what to lie about. I do not believe for one second that her actions all day of 5/24, especially in the morning, are acts of a person who had no idea what Fd was doing.

she must of gave le something her bail was reduced for aw2. Fd was a half mill and hers was 100k for aw2 I m pretty sure.I'm afraid as I’ve said before fd didn’t give MT the Grand finale. Why tell le enough to get your bail reduced but not enough to cut a deal? Cuz you don’t know anymore? Would be a reason?moo
I'm thinking a reason she's not telling "everything" she knows because it's dang hard to admit to it. Once she tells the whole story, she has to face the truth of her involvement.

I also suspect she doesn't particularly value honesty and taking the high road, so it might not seem redeeming to her to come clean. Just a hunch.

jmo

Ok, I know this has been discussed before and I highly believe Mama Dulos may of been murdered and this just makes me lean more that way. He killed JD for money to keep up his image. If his Mom dying meant an inheritance or some money for him, I don’t see it past him to pull this. Especially since he cremated her so quickly and buried her like a pauper. No marker and alone. I REALLY wish her death could be investigated. This guy had the makings of a serial killer. ETA: GF was absolutely smart and prudent to keep herself and the children under armed guard. JMO

MOO I am sure GF was made very sad that she didn't have an armed guard with Jennifer. He was vindictive and could be threatening, was an adulterer and a freeloader but they still did not think of him as a cold blooded calculating murderer.

JF protected herself and children against a crime of an angry assault by restraining order, monitors and scheduling but he took it to the next level.
He was just not going to let go and return to being what he was and could do on his own, be a fincial sector worker with an apartment and a car, even to secure 1/2 custody of his children.

Still waiting for that exonerating evidence.

Regarding the neighborhood where they threw the bags away, that has burned me from the very start of the case. They deliberately picked a "bad" neighborhood where if the items were discovered, they hoped/assumed LE would think someone in that neighborhood was the murderer. Just screams prejudice and superiority. Grrr.
RSBM: I am hardly convinced that race played any part in the decision to utilize Albany. I believe it was just a functional area. 10-15 minutes drive from 4JC. If they did pick Albany due to race or poverty, then that just adds more to the layers of stupidity and ignorance. I have experience living in a similar area. There are some people selling drugs on the corner, maybe prostitutes. There are shopkeepers. People know each other and interact. It's not suburbia where everyone is insulated in their own little world. The Raptor and the dumping activity would have been noticed. And it WAS noticed apparently according to court docs. It was hugely dangerous for FD to go there in the Raptor because it's so conspicuous. LE in these areas are always looking for what does not fit in and are prone to stop such vehicles as they are often there for the purpose of criminal activity. He is lucky he was not pulled over that night.

FD wasn't sharpest knife in the drawer. If he really thought that someone in that neighborhood would be blamed for JD disappearance, I don't know what he was smoking. He is in contentious divorce action and LE would really believe that someone from Albany traveled 1.5 hours to NC specifically to violently murder JD, clean the mess, take the body somewhere and then travel all the way back to Hartford with bloody garbage bags.

FD surely didn't watch enough Dateline.

MOO I am sure GF was made very sad that she didn't have an armed guard with Jennifer.
Snipped
Boom. That made my heart sink thinking that Jennifer could've been protected by a guard.

Hindsight hurts sometimes. :(

Though, in honesty, a guard would likely just have infuriated FD all the more and not make him back down. Grrr....

jmo

RSBM: I am hardly convinced that race played any part in the decision to utilize Albany.

I am comfortable agreeing to disagree. I think that neighborhood was chosen for that very reason. Of course, that can't be proven, just my initial thought that hasn't left.

Doesn't really matter now anyway.

jmo

Do you know what the difference is between getting custody in Probate and Family?
Why would she have to do both?

Probate can handle simple matters. As soon as “challenges” happen it gets booted up to Juvenile court. My 2+ year fight had us in Probate about 2 months then moved to Juvenile for the remainder.
I believe Family Court comes into play because of the divorce actions. MOO

Heller allowed Farber to intervene in the divorce case and there is a pending motion in the family case for sole custody of the children, which seeks "the same result she has already achieved in the New Canaan Probate Court.” It was one of her last actions on the case.

Do you know what the difference is between getting custody in Probate and Family?
Why would she have to do both?
That's the procedure in CT. Final appeals of Probate decision are made in Family Court. That's why FD didn't show up for the Probate hearing because no matter the decision, it was going to be appealed by the losing side.

Oh what a tangle web she wove, all that lying implicates her of guilt I agree. I just always wonder if there was a line and when did she cross that line from lying to le because fd said he was innocent and lying would get the cops of his back sooner.To a full out accomplice lying to save fd from a murder charge. Mt Lying no matter why makes her a accomplice,I agree.but lying dose not make her a murderer.

Oh what a tangle web she wove, all that lying implicates her of guilt I agree. I just always wonder if there was a line and when did she cross that line from lying to le because fd said he was innocent and lying would get the cops of his back sooner.To a full out accomplice lying to save fd from a murder charge. Mt Lying no matter why makes her a accomplice,I agree.but lying dose not make her a murderer.
Conspiracy to commit murder carries the same sentence as the underlying charge. When advised of MT's lies, the jury will be given instructions that those lies may be taken into account when assessing her credibility.

Maybe if she hadn’t lied so many times, it might be more clear that she didn’t have the involvement that rises to “co-conspirator” status, but she did lie. Over and over again. That isn’t the act of an innocent person...that is the act of someone who knew details that she isn’t sharing, because otherwise she wouldn’t know what to lie about. I do not believe for one second that her actions all day of 5/24, especially in the morning, are acts of a person who had no idea what Fd was doing.

MOO helping FD after the fact would have been a much lesser charge, assisting before hand is equal to the murder charge.

MOO FD was just so greedy that that his mind delivered a plan to kill JF as a bank heist, like a movie, blowing open the door to the 10 million in his kids trust funds.
But when he got in the garage, the great bank heist and calculating a murder that would have resulted in a missing person crime went sideways, because he was in fact rageful.
MOO his plan of. murder/robbery "mission impossible style" turned into a messy crime of overkill with mismatched plan to conceal fhe crime.

If the crime went as planned, JF would just be gone without a trace.
MOO JF would be put in the Suburban, Suburban left at Waveny, JF "disappears" by being transferred to Tacoma a vehicle with no Onstar. She is disposed of somewhere - maybe trashes always were the plan.

Tacoma would be left back in place where PG left it, FDs phone said FD at home office in the morning etc. His partners say it too. JF just missing.

Knowing the Tacoma was at Waveny was just a huge piece of luck for JF and the police.

MOO this plan would have worked in 2013.

It was the video surveillance on Lapham by school busses which FD didn' t anticipate. Bus cameras were added in 2014, he just did'nt know about them.
Hartford Police was adding cameras at a great rate from 2017 on, FD also didn't seem to know about these cameras.
Still even with the Albany video, the police barely got to the Albany trash bags in time, before it all was 100% destroyed at the MIRA incinerator as FDs trash disposal trip wasn't discovered on 5/31, 7 days later.

Last edited:
Four months before his estranged wife went missing, a frustrated and financially strapped Fotis Dulos wrote a scathing letter to judicial authorities opposing the reappointment of the judge handling his then two-and-a-half-year-old divorce case.
“I feel like a passenger in a runaway train that is headed to nowhere,” Dulos wrote in the Jan. 30, 2019, letter to the Judicial Selection Commission and obtained by The Courant.
The couple’s bitter divorce and fight over custody of their five children has been cited by investigators as a possible motive for Farber Dulos’ disappearance and suspected violent murder. The letter by Dulos criticizing Superior Court Judge Donna Heller lays out Dulos’ frustrations with the family court system and with his wife’s attorney, Reuben Midler.
It reveals not only his anger at not seeing his children “for more than one percent of the time in 2018” but also his frustrations with the cost of the divorce.
“My soon to be ex-wife has waged war against me by employing the law firm of Wayne Effron and specifically attorney Reuben Midler,” Dulos wrote. “I have been representing myself because I cannot afford legal fees of $70,0000 per month as she does. The result is I have been railroaded.”
Dulos complained that Heller allowed Midler to “always get his way” and controlled the proceedings. Midler could not be reached for comment.
Records detailed the financial drain of the bitter divorce.
The court-appointed guardian for the couple’s children, Michael Meehan, who Farber Dulos wanted removed from the case, was paid $175,000 through December 2018, records show. Dr. Stephen Herman, a child psychiatrist who authored a custody report, was paid more than $40,000 despite leaving the witness stand during cross-examination by Midler, and refusing to finish his testimony, which could make his report moot in family court.
Herman’s report has been sealed by Heller, although search warrants released recently indicate that Stamford/Norwalk State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo obtained a copy through a search warrant. At the court hearing when the report was sealed, attorneys for Dulos intimated that Herman’s report was favorable toward Dulos.
There also are costs for a family therapist, three psychologists and court-approved monitors, paid about $150 an hour, who were required to supervise Dulos’ visits with his children. Records show Dulos had at least 20-25 supervised visits with his children since Farber Dulos filed for divorce in 2017.

“Judge Heller has ruled against me over and over. I am not an alcoholic, I am not a drug addict, I am not an abuser,” Dulos wrote. “I am a good father and my children adore me.”

‘I feel like a passenger in a runaway train that is headed to nowhere’: A frustrated, cash-strapped Fotis Dulos fought against judge overseeing his two-year contentious divorce

The files of the Judicial Selection Commission are confidential per CGS Sec. 51-44a (j). "...the investigations, deliberations, files and records of the commission shall be confidential and not open to the public or subject to disclosure..." So it's unlikely the HC got FD's letter from the JSC. And more than likely they got it from NP. Since NP doesn't represent Dulos since his death, IMO NP (particularly as a "Commissioner of the Superior Court", as all lawyers who practice before it are designated) had no right to disclose the letter, in violation of the statute. MOO

The files of the Judicial Selection Commission are confidential per CGS Sec. 51-44a (j). "...the investigations, deliberations, files and records of the commission shall be confidential and not open to the public or subject to disclosure..." So it's unlikely the HC got FD's letter from the JSC. And more than likely they got it from NP. Since NP doesn't represent Dulos since his death, IMO NP (particularly as a "Commissioner of the Superior Court", as all lawyers who practice before it are designated) had no right to disclose the letter, in violation of the statute. MOO
You’re right

@MarissaAlter

Attorney Norm Pattis has released the note found by police during Fotis Dulos’ suicide attempt. Dulos died at the hospital two days later. He was charged with the murder of his missing estranged wife Jennifer.
@News12CT

Four months before his estranged wife went missing, a frustrated and financially strapped Fotis Dulos wrote a scathing letter to judicial authorities opposing the reappointment of the judge handling his then two-and-a-half-year-old divorce case.
“I feel like a passenger in a runaway train that is headed to nowhere,” Dulos wrote in the Jan. 30, 2019, letter to the Judicial Selection Commission and obtained by The Courant.
The couple’s bitter divorce and fight over custody of their five children has been cited by investigators as a possible motive for Farber Dulos’ disappearance and suspected violent murder. The letter by Dulos criticizing Superior Court Judge Donna Heller lays out Dulos’ frustrations with the family court system and with his wife’s attorney, Reuben Midler.
It reveals not only his anger at not seeing his children “for more than one percent of the time in 2018” but also his frustrations with the cost of the divorce.
“My soon to be ex-wife has waged war against me by employing the law firm of Wayne Effron and specifically attorney Reuben Midler,” Dulos wrote. “I have been representing myself because I cannot afford legal fees of $70,0000 per month as she does. The result is I have been railroaded.”
Dulos complained that Heller allowed Midler to “always get his way” and controlled the proceedings. Midler could not be reached for comment.
Records detailed the financial drain of the bitter divorce.
The court-appointed guardian for the couple’s children, Michael Meehan, who Farber Dulos wanted removed from the case, was paid $175,000 through December 2018, records show. Dr. Stephen Herman, a child psychiatrist who authored a custody report, was paid more than $40,000 despite leaving the witness stand during cross-examination by Midler, and refusing to finish his testimony, which could make his report moot in family court.
Herman’s report has been sealed by Heller, although search warrants released recently indicate that Stamford/Norwalk State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo obtained a copy through a search warrant. At the court hearing when the report was sealed, attorneys for Dulos intimated that Herman’s report was favorable toward Dulos.
There also are costs for a family therapist, three psychologists and court-approved monitors, paid about $150 an hour, who were required to supervise Dulos’ visits with his children. Records show Dulos had at least 20-25 supervised visits with his children since Farber Dulos filed for divorce in 2017.

“Judge Heller has ruled against me over and over. I am not an alcoholic, I am not a drug addict, I am not an abuser,” Dulos wrote. “I am a good father and my children adore me.”

‘I feel like a passenger in a runaway train that is headed to nowhere’: A frustrated, cash-strapped Fotis Dulos fought against judge overseeing his two-year contentious divorce

A couple of thoughts on this article:
  • First, it's from NP's press mouthpiece....so why is NP pushing this scenario again? Are the Greeks planning to march into family court and demand custody?
  • Fd's reference to the possible prejudice of the Court because of his Greek heritage is interesting. He filed an emergency order once because he claimed JFd told the children he wasn't as smart as the people in NC. I think he was furious and humiliated that Judge White called his actions stupid. Somewhere in Fd's fragile mind he was uber sensitive about references about his intelligence and ethnic heritage. Basically, he had a small man complex and fragile ego...and lots of other issues.
  • The comment that his children "adore" him after they haven't seen him in 8 months is a hoot. Kids adore Santa also, but Santa doesn't make them brush their teeth, do their homework, or clean their rooms.
  • And, as factual check, Fd had legal representation in family court most of the time, I think. And, Fd was an abuser...he didn't seem to want to own that part of his life. And, in the Sarah Wallace interview, I believe that Fd said that the family court issues were caused by Jennifer's attorneys and JFd had come to understand this and that's why they were getting along so much better. GAG! (BUT, she filed an order for a financial statement from Fd just before her disappearance.)
MOO...IMO

Replying to myself ..

I guess my point is :
MT didn’t need to agree to the No Contact Order. She’s paying his bill , he’s working for her .

She could have said , “No, I want to stay with Fotis , figure out another Defense for me /us”. Jon Bonet’s parents come to mind .

If she wasn’t going to turn on him and come clean with the truth, why’d she even bother leaving.

Replying to myself for the 3rd time .

MT and FD met with Bowman after the car wash odyssey , Before any charges were filed .
(Both) of them went . Why ?

Was Bowman referred by Kent, just like EE’s attorney was referred by Kent .

I believe so.

I think FD knew they needed help and Kent was the only person he could trust . I believe FD called Bowman and they both went to meet him after the Car Wash.

In the meeting , Bowman tells Them that they need to have separate representation.
FD gives Bowman to Michelle since he knows Kent will find him Someone else . Not sure how FD locked into NP’s sights.

Not sure my point , I’m Just venting .

Replying to myself for the 3rd time .

MT and FD met with Bowman after the car wash odyssey , Before any charges were filed .
(Both) of them went . Why ?

Was Bowman referred by Kent, just like EE’s attorney was referred by Kent .

I believe so.

I think FD knew they needed help and Kent was the only person he could trust . I believe FD called Bowman and they both went to meet him after the Car Wash.

In the meeting , Bowman tells Them that they need to have separate representation.
FD gives Bowman to Michelle since he knows Kent will find him Someone else . Not sure how FD locked into NP’s sights.

Not sure my point , I’m Just venting .
Interesting thought process. I wonder if FD had a plan ahead of time of how to seek counsel should he need it. Surely he knew he would be questioned about Jennifer.

Just stuff to think about.

jmo

I'm thinking a reason she's not telling "everything" she knows because it's dang hard to admit to it. Once she tells the whole story, she has to face the truth of her involvement.

I also suspect she doesn't particularly value honesty and taking the high road, so it might not seem redeeming to her to come clean. Just a hunch.

jmo
I just wish they’d lock her up now to help prevent her from pulling another final exit, Fotis style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga