Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the mess...What I wanted the post relates to an upcoming status conference on KM divorce.

HHD-FA19-6105839-S - MAWHINNEY, KENT D. v. HADDOCK MAWHINNEY, CHERRY ONGOCO
#
Date Time Event Description Status
1 06/15/2020 9:30AM Status Conference Proceeding
2 06/15/2020 2:00PM Status Conference Off

Sorry for the mess...What I wanted the post relates to an upcoming status conference on KM divorce.

#

Thank you for the correction - or did I just have the wrong date....:rolleyes:

Thank you for the correction - or did I just have the wrong date....:rolleyes:

Sorry for the confusion. I'll put all of Kent's here, in one place. Hope it's understandable.

I think Kent is a very busy boy...He has 3 cases in criminal court.
THESE ARE RELATED TO DIVORCE--IN HARTFORD COURT:

Next Court Date: 6/25/2020 10:00 AM
Current Charges
Statute Description Class Type Occ Offense Date Plea Verdict Finding
53a-223* VIOLATION OF PROTECTIVE ORDER D Felony 1 6/26/2019 Not Guilty

AND
6/25/2020 10:00 AM
Current Charges
53a-70b SEXUAL ASSAULT-SPOUSE/COHABITR B Felony 1 1/21/2019 Not Guilty
53a-182 DISORDERLY CONDUCT C Misdemeanor 1 1/21/2019 Not Guilty
53a-96 UNLAWFUL RESTRAINT 2ND DEG A Misdemeanor 1 1/21/2019 Not Guilty

PLUS
The Status Conference (CIVIL) on the Divorce I posted above
#

THIS ONE IS RELATED TO FD and CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER-IN STAMFORD COURT:
Next Court Date: 7/9/2020 10:00 AM
Current Charges
53a-54a CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER B Felony 1 5/24/2019 Not Guilty

Was KM found not guilty or plead not guilty...thanks TInk and Niner

Not sure I can answer your questions...

At the start of the pandemic, Mawhinney had a court date in which he didn't actually have a hearing. This is from a Fox61 report:

"Judge Laura Baldini had a private meeting with the attorneys and then reconvened on the record where it was announced the state had offered Kent Mawhinney a plea deal in connection with a spousal rape charge that was pressed by his estranged wife who we are not identifying. The details of the plea were not announced. And his case was continued to April 23rd."
Kent Mawhinney to consider state plea offer in spousal rape case

The Stamford Advocate reported the following, which links the plea deal to the Dulos case:

"HARTFORD — A judge said Friday an attorney accused of sexually assaulting his wife has been offered a deal that’s pending “discussions” in the Jennifer Dulos homicide case.
Kent Mawhinney, who is accused of helping Fotis Dulos in the death and disappearance of his estranged wife, has been offered a plea deal in the sexual assault and violation of a protective order cases related to alleged incidents involving his own wife, Judge Laura F. Baldini said.
The terms of the potential deal were not revealed in court and the judge said it could be held up pending “discussions” in the Jennifer Dulos case. It was the first time the two cases were mentioned together."
Attorney’s deal in rape case pending ‘discussions’ in Jennifer Dulos homicide

To my knowledge we don't know if a plea deal was reached or if Mawhinney rejected the deal. It mentions the plea deal in the notices above as well as the pleading of not guilty.

Anyone more knowledgeable than I am, want to take a stab at figuring this out??? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Thanks enelram...Hope KM is involved in the Rehab program and honestly participating.

Do you think it’ll help him be a better human being? I wonder if his family (siblings, I mean) left him in jail so that he could be sober, thinking that if he was bailed out, he would never stop. I still think that he can’t come clean about Jennifer, because it will incriminate him.

I wish we knew for sure what happened with his law partner, DM...both in the law practice, and in his deposition.

Do you think it’ll help him be a better human being? I wonder if his family (siblings, I mean) left him in jail so that he could be sober, thinking that if he was bailed out, he would never stop. I still think that he can’t come clean about Jennifer, because it will incriminate him.

I wish we knew for sure what happened with his law partner, DM...both in the law practice, and in his deposition.

If he comes clean about Jennifer, his recovery will likely be quicker & easier as he will have less to self-medicate about.

He has 5 children, right?

Five more victims.

Thanks enelram...Hope KM is involved in the Rehab program and honestly participating.

We don't know how well KM is participating in the program.
Having led a court ordered Behavior Modification Program for Habitual Offenders,
I can tell you not all offenders "actively" comply
with the suggestions from group leaders.
Some simply occupy a seat in the group but don't participate towards resolving their problems.
Some won't admit they caused many of the problems themselves through making poor choices. Some continue to blame others for
their situation.
Also some long term alcoholics have serious
deficits in the brain due to the effects of alcohol. Many experience problems with judgement, impulse control and other executive functions. Alcohol abuse DOES
change the brain. Whether or not KM is able to overcome these problems remains to be seen.
I won't even get into the physical health problems within his body that may not show up immediately but they're there nonetheless.
Also depends on the support system KM may or may not have around him. Many alcoholics
have run off family and friends due to the difficulties in dealing with them.
Some 'addicts' stop alcohol and substitute another problematic outlet for their coping methods.
So it remains to be seen what happens to him in the future.
moo

Michelle Troconis will be allowed into the Jefferson Crossing property she shared with Fotis Dulos to retrieve the remainder of her belongings as foreclosure proceedings move forward.

Michelle Troconis can get her juicer and other belongings from Fotis Dulos’ home
LOL That juicer must be important...

Maybe we’ll find out how much he paid who one day....

.....Fotis Dulos, who was nearly penniless, according to an inventory that was conducted of his assets. Fotis Dulos had paid a cadre of attorneys in the various civil and criminal cases filed against him while trying to finance the mortgages on five properties owned by his company, Fore Group.

You usually have to sign in on a safe deposit box entry, so the bank should have record of this...

Fotis Dulos apparently didn’t have a will, Hug said in February, and someone emptied his safe deposit box likely in the days before his death.

Michelle Troconis can get her juicer and other belongings from Fotis Dulos’ home

Last edited:
LOL That juicer must be important...

Maybe we’ll find out how much he paid who one day....

.....Fotis Dulos, who was nearly penniless, according to an inventory that was conducted of his assets. Fotis Dulos had paid a cadre of attorneys in the various civil and criminal cases filed against him while trying to finance the mortgages on five properties owned by his company, Fore Group.

You usually have to sign in on a safe deposit box entry, so the bank should have record of this...

Fotis Dulos apparently didn’t have a will, Hug said in February, and someone emptied his safe deposit box likely in the days before his death.

Mr. Hug, look at those attorneys' retainer agreements, and their accountings of how retainers were spent. Pattis is too prickly when reporters ask him if he got paid before FD's death.

Not sure I can answer your questions...

At the start of the pandemic, Mawhinney had a court date in which he didn't actually have a hearing. This is from a Fox61 report:

"Judge Laura Baldini had a private meeting with the attorneys and then reconvened on the record where it was announced the state had offered Kent Mawhinney a plea deal in connection with a spousal rape charge that was pressed by his estranged wife who we are not identifying. The details of the plea were not announced. And his case was continued to April 23rd."
Kent Mawhinney to consider state plea offer in spousal rape case

The Stamford Advocate reported the following, which links the plea deal to the Dulos case:

"HARTFORD — A judge said Friday an attorney accused of sexually assaulting his wife has been offered a deal that’s pending “discussions” in the Jennifer Dulos homicide case.
Kent Mawhinney, who is accused of helping Fotis Dulos in the death and disappearance of his estranged wife, has been offered a plea deal in the sexual assault and violation of a protective order cases related to alleged incidents involving his own wife, Judge Laura F. Baldini said.
The terms of the potential deal were not revealed in court and the judge said it could be held up pending “discussions” in the Jennifer Dulos case. It was the first time the two cases were mentioned together."
Attorney’s deal in rape case pending ‘discussions’ in Jennifer Dulos homicide

To my knowledge we don't know if a plea deal was reached or if Mawhinney rejected the deal. It mentions the plea deal in the notices above as well as the pleading of not guilty.

Anyone more knowledgeable than I am, want to take a stab at figuring this out??? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

All I know is that I am SO GLAD to hear that discussion of JD’s case is on the table! I’m been waiting for one of the people who know what happened to JD to start talking! The one who talks first gets the deal so if I were someone else who knew details and was in legal peril, never mind moral, I’d start talking right now—and talking fast! MOO.

Michelle Troconis will be allowed into the Jefferson Crossing property she shared with Fotis Dulos to retrieve the remainder of her belongings as foreclosure proceedings move forward.

Obviously and thankfully, I am not MT but I cannot imagine wanting a juicer or anything else from a house that has seen so much sadness and tragedy—especially if I had been part of the reason for the sadness! Oh, and then I wouldn’t want it knowing my former (married) boyfriend had lived there with his new, beautiful girlfriend and written the most lovingly about her in his suicide note, when he’d just lumped me in with others. I mean, some old discarded girlfriends might be bothered by the likelihood that maybe FD and his new girlfriend used that juicer together. Interesting! MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90