Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all part of the ‘don’t look over there at the blood, the DNA, the changing testimony, the cctv, the handwritten timetable....Look over hear at the report they won’t give us!!! They must be holding it back because it must say MT is just the sweetest most kind most caring mother alive-one that would never hurt a fly.’

Isn’t that the sound bite being pitched to the public by the Shoe-Horn? It’s a calculated PR defense. Take a look at the IG. The lengthy video of the caring mother ‘remotely homeschooling ‘ in Spanish yesterday was laughable. Covid may have hit her most beloved Daddy, but it sure has helped MT. It’s given time for the ugly duckling to slowly transform into the nature loving, award winning, nephew doting, cookie baking, family valuing, art producing, hard working ( at whatever the import of the day is), God fearing, church going, Spanish speaking soft smiling, gentle innocent naive swan. MT and Shoe seem to want nothing more from this latest ‘ you just can’t believe how this innocent person is suffering’ distraction, than what it is, a distraction. And a hope and a prayer that the public forgets the crotch grabbing, husband stealing, living in JF’s house in defiance of a court order, brazen, seemingly covered in evidence, Opportunist. And maybe a kernel of hope into the appeal courtroom, cuz that what I truly believe the outraged lawyer is really trying to Shoe-Horn open-the door to the appeal process once MT is convicted. SH has been littering his appeal stage with his set up; all the egregious injustices-from her movement restrictions, to her suffering as a long distance mother and daughter, to being denied the opportunity to speak her native tongue, to her not being able to show that ONE single psychiatrist thought she was the Most Sane Person Ever!!! And of course showed at the same time what a bad bad unstable person the victim was.
And if in some miracle they did get the report, and Mt wasn’t painted exactly the hue they wanted her to be, it would be another injustice...but I willing to bet on the fact SH has already read it...but that’s another lengthy post....

...getting the report, not getting it? SH doesn’t care, it’s a win/win either way, but IMO it suits him even better for it never to see the light of day.

MOOMOOOMOO

(respectfully snipped)
BRAVA, everything you say!:cool:

And kudos to those taking over the #michelletroconis hashtag both on IG and Twitter to offer a civil, yet reality-based perspective to counter the gross obfuscation taking place in MT & co’s social media PR campaign. It’s undignified and disrespectful to JFD and her family, no matter what MT’s level of involvement.

Edited to add: Also, the attempted move to Hartford: more sympathetic demographic I guess.

MOO

Last edited:
(respectfully snipped)

And kudos to those taking over the #michelletroconis hashtag both on IG and Twitter to offer a civil, yet reality-based perspective to counter the gross obfuscation taking place in MT & co’s social media PR campaign. It’s undignified and disrespectful to JFD and her family, no matter what MT’s level of involvement.

Edited to add: Also, the attempted move to Hartford: more sympathetic demographic I guess.

MOO

And, we all should note that the reporter Lisa Backus has almost turned into the only reporter writing about this case. She's a former writer for the New Britain Herald (10 years, until 1919). Since then she has been writing free lance. Among her Facebook friends is Jon Shoenhorn and Norm Pattis. Shoenhorn has the most criminal cases under his professional ID in the New Britain courts. Interesting????

Her articles are printed in multiple publications. (Hearst publictions??)

As Chicago and others have pointed out, Schoenhorn is attempting to recreate MT and to run his defense through the media. All publicity is good publicity as Shoe-horn attempts to imply that MT is being/has been treated unfairly by LE, etc. It sure helps to have a reporter in your corner to cover your 'theories'.

AS is taking his cues from a fellow defense attorney, IMO, like NP. NP can perhaps take a few lessons from him.

Do we need to be concerned that one voice, perhaps sympathetic to or influenced by the defense, is occupying such a prominent roll in reporting the 'facts' of this case? s I don't know...just trying to be transparent. IMO...MOO....MOO

Here's a long list of articles with this reporter's by-line. She shares the by-line on it a few occasions with Stamford Advocate reporter. (4-5 times)
These are from Articles by Lisa Backus | Freelance Journalist | Muck Rack
Stunning list:
‘Why are they withholding it?’: Attorney in Jennifer Dulos case wants psych report
Potential buyer interested in Fotis Dulos' mansion; take a look inside
‘Tremendous amount of Legos’ focus of debate in Fotis Dulos estate
Judge: More evidence needed on whether Jennifer Dulos is dead By Pat Tomlinson, Lisa Backus
Attorney in Dulos case wants autopsy report, financial records and more
Attorney: ‘There won’t be much’ money left for Dulos children

Appellate Court: Michelle Troconis to stay on GPS monitoring
Guardian at litem to represent Jennifer Dulos in estate hearing
Attorney: Declaring Jennifer Dulos dead could set CT precedent
Jennifer Dulos’ mother opposes Norm Pattis’ settlement offer in legal fees dispute
Judge lifts house arrest, curfew for Michelle Troconis
Attorney: Time’s up for judge to rule on Michelle Troconis’ GPS device
5 details from interviews with Dulos investigators By Ethan Fry, Lisa Backus
‘The sad truth’: Jennifer Dulos case could happen anywhere, investigator says By Ethan Fry, Lisa Backus
Investigators: Dulos may have shaved head to frame colleague, new evidence could lead to Jennifer’s remains
Inside Fotis Dulos' safe deposit box: Tiffany ring, Rolex, Cartier watches, court documents reveal
Attorney: Not even Michael Skakel is being watched like Michelle Troconis By Pat Tomlinson, Lisa Backus
Michelle Troconis faces new charges in Jennifer Dulos case By Pat Tomlinson, Lisa Backus
Attorney releases video of Michelle Troconis interview with police in Jennifer Dulos case
Jennifer Dulos’ family sues CT judge over court delays due to COVID
Lawsuit: Norm Pattis kept $250K retainer after client died in Jennifer Dulos case
‘I expect to prevail’: Michelle Troconis’ attorney gets hearing to argue for GPS removal
Lawyer wants Jennifer Dulos declared dead
Attorney: Why is Michelle Troconis not back in court until October?
Prosecutor: New Canaan was ‘epicenter’ of Jennifer Dulos homicide
Michelle Troconis denied hearing to remove GPS tracking device
Prosecutor tells court: Deny Michelle Troconis’ request for ‘preferential treatment’
Michelle Troconis retrieves items from Fotis Dulos’ home
All of Fotis Dulos’ properties now in foreclosure
Attorney tells court: Remove Michelle Troconis’ electronic monitor
Michelle Troconis can get her juicer and other belongings from Fotis Dulos’ home

And, we all should note that the reporter Lisa Backus has almost turned into the only reporter writing about this case. She's a former writer for the New Britain Herald (10 years, until 1919). Since then she has been writing free lance. Among her Facebook friends is Jon Shoenhorn and Norm Pattis. Shoenhorn has the most criminal cases under his professional ID in the New Britain courts. Interesting????

As Chicago and others have pointed out, Schoenhorn is attempting to recreate MT and to run his defense through the media. All publicity is good publicity as Shoe-horn attempts to imply that MT is being/has been treated unfairly by LE, etc. It sure helps to have a reporter in your corner to cover your 'theories'.

AS is taking his cues from a fellow defense attorney, IMO, like NP. NP can perhaps take a few lessons from him.

Do we need to be concerned that one voice, perhaps sympathetic to or influenced by the defense, is occupying such a prominent roll in reporting the 'facts' of this case? s I don't know...just trying to be transparent. IMO...MOO....MOO

Here's a long list of articles with this reporter's by-line. She shares the by-line on it a few occasions with Stamford Advocate reporter. (4-5 times)
Stunning list:
‘Why are they withholding it?’: Attorney in Jennifer Dulos case wants psych report
Judge: More evidence needed on whether Jennifer Dulos is dead
By Pat Tomlinson, Lisa Backus
Jennifer Dulos’ mother opposes Norm Pattis’ settlement offer in legal fees dispute
5 details from interviews with Dulos investigators
By Ethan Fry, Lisa Backus
‘The sad truth’: Jennifer Dulos case could happen anywhere, investigator says By Ethan Fry, Lisa Backus
Investigators: Dulos may have shaved head to frame colleague, new evidence could lead to Jennifer’s remains
Inside Fotis Dulos' safe deposit box: Tiffany ring, Rolex, Cartier watches, court documents reveal
Attorney: Not even Michael Skakel is being watched like Michelle Troconis
Michelle Troconis faces new charges in Jennifer Dulos case By Pat Tomlinson, Lisa Backus
Attorney releases video of Michelle Troconis interview with police in Jennifer Dulos case
Lawsuit: Norm Pattis kept $250K retainer after client died in Jennifer Dulos case
‘I expect to prevail’: Michelle Troconis’ attorney gets hearing to argue for GPS removal
Prosecutor tells court: Deny Michelle Troconis’ request for ‘preferential treatment’
Michelle Troconis can get her juicer and other belongings from Fotis Dulos’ home
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for this @Tink56! Amazing sleuthing here...JUST WOW!

IMO, NP performs better in court as in he's not so outwardly flustered and tongue-tied as Shoe-horn, though his court filed motions are often AS sloppy as NP and rarely cite case law. I didn't think we would see as much "grasping into thin air" filings...until Shoe-horn signed up. I have thought from the minute Shoe-horn appeared that MT wanted MORE of what FD had, including his chosen defense atty. Between SH's obvious publicity stunts and releasing as much as possible to the media, to the clown wardrobe, widespread media interviews BEFORE even reading the arrest warrants, it was an obvious "How to bolster my own career" tactic. 'I speak fluent Spanish, and I LOVE to file appeals...I can make a KILLING from this case!'. He sees books, movies, and notoriety much the same as NP and it is BLATANTLY obvious! As I've said before, I am THRILLED with Shoe-horn because MT stands NO CHANCE with him, IMO.

I think Shoe-horn is more like Michelle Troconis, inherently, and also a better match for her. Both complete show-boaters who want to strut their peacock feathers and flatter each other...though only one of them is PROFITING from the other and that is obviously, Shoe-horn! What a gig, he hit the lottery with this one (so he thinks). Attorney Bowman was all class and sophistication and ALL about being tight-lipped...not to be discounted, having a better relationship with State prosecutors as was obvious when Colangelo stated as much on court transcripts! Shoe-horn reveals his defense strategy to the press! He's scared that he hasn't seen what the State has so he goes to the press, meanwhile the State rarely speaks and says any of their prosecutors would take this case based on FACT, EVIDENCE, and PROBABLE CAUSE! I solemnly believe we will see justice and karma with this match.

Again, GREAT research on the Lisa Backus connection to Schoenhorn! The list of articles speak for themselves. Reading them with an underlying connection to the defense reveals a whole lot more!

MOO...MOO

(respectfully snipped)

MOO
Literally speechless in reading @Chicago54's post...it was SO WELL SAID! NAILED IT!

As for taking over the #michelletroconis hashtag, maybe we can all chime in here and offer ideas on future posts? When I read your post, I thought 'It takes a Village', so let's all chime in with ideas for posts and maybe our twitter and IG warriors on the case will see them and post? Can only help the effort, right? So maybe we use a # as a clue in our posts to expand the ideas and see what happens?

For starters, I can think of some more transcripts and court video worthy to share (to follow). MT & Co all seem to be on a newfound connection to religion and posts in connection to #Dios seem to be the only path they see to grab sympathy. Why now? :confused:

As for the move to Hartford, I think it's because Shoe-horn is based there, as the State has said many times. It's a matter of convenience OVER his clients needs, as is EVERY OTHER move he makes in this case. Bowman was based in Westport, so Stamford worked for him 'You get me and it will be local', though Schoenhorn hasn't earned that local respect with his advertised "dog-bite and DUI" specialty, as stated on his website (Attorney Jon L Schoenhorn & Associates, LLC).

IMO, it doesn't matter where in the state this case is tried, more people in Hartford know EXACTLY who MT is, have an impression of her, and she's shrinking her jury pool being so close to where people remember Jennifer and the 5 children she doted on while being part of the community. MT and her 3 friends who speak publicly on her behalf are a FAR cry from the roots Jennifer planted in that community. She doesn't stand a chance...

MOO
MOO
MOO

Stunning list:

Deceased/Not Found - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #46

Here’s a post from “sds” here at WS back awhile, giving us the CLT article on JS alleging he’s “being hounded by the press.”

Deceased/Not Found - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #46

Here’s a post from “sds” here at WS back awhile, giving us the CLT article on JS alleging he’s “being hounded by the press.”

Thanks Pernickety....I was trying to find this article, and didn't realize it was in the CT Law Tribune. I love that JS is complaining about being hounded....he's 65 and wants his sleep. There is one quote that is basically an admission of MT's participation in the crime.....believe it's called conspiracy.

From the article:
Her lawyer suggested Troconis has become a scapegoat after the death of the prosecutors’ prime suspect.
“Michelle was a bit player,” Schoenhorn said Monday. “But now that the big fish is gone, they are turning to who is left to justify millions of [taxpayers'] dollars in … investigation.”
Influx of requests

And it's interesting that he clearly states he plans to use the media:
"Schoenhorn said he knows how to handle the media, having worked two stints with the Republican-American newspaper. This time, though, he concedes the media has inundated him with requests."

CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #46

One other thing that has struck me is that AS has said at least once in court that he hasn't had time to go through all the evidence. Perhaps he needs to spend more time reading the case files rather than prancing around in front of the media giving cherry-picked bites to support his client.

Thanks Pernickety....I was trying to find this article, and didn't realize it was in the CT Law Tribune. I love that JS is complaining about being hounded....he's 65 and wants his sleep. There is one quote that is basically an admission of MT's participation in the crime.....believe it's called conspiracy.

From the article:
Her lawyer suggested Troconis has become a scapegoat after the death of the prosecutors’ prime suspect.
“Michelle was a bit player,” Schoenhorn said Monday. “But now that the big fish is gone, they are turning to who is left to justify millions of [taxpayers'] dollars in … investigation.”
Influx of requests

"Schoenhorn said he knows how to handle the media, having worked two stints with the Republican-American newspaper. This time, though, he concedes the media has inundated him with requests."

One other thing that has struck me is that AS has said at least once in court that he hasn't had time to go through all the evidence. Perhaps he needs to spend more time reading the case files rather than prancing around in front of the media giving cherry-picked bites to support his client.

Pattis also wrote for the Republican-American. Why isn't LB or any other journalist writing on the civil cases against Pattis brought by Hug and Farber Trustee re giving back his $250k fee to FD's estate. The case detail showed a remote conference proceeding for 11/19. Now it shows a new remote hearing scheduled for some time in Dec. No court ruling is shown for what might have occurred at the 11/19 hearing. I looked at the notices of the hearings--they say they would take place by either video or phone. Would be nice to have a journalist check to see whether there's a video--that should be available to the public.

Pattis also wrote for the Republican-American. Why isn't LB or any other journalist writing on the civil cases against Pattis brought by Hug and Farber Trustee re giving back his $250k fee to FD's estate. The case detail showed a remote conference proceeding for 11/19. Now it shows a new remote hearing scheduled for some time in Dec. No court ruling is shown for what might have occurred at the 11/19 hearing. I looked at the notices of the hearings--they say they would take place by either video or phone. Would be nice to have a journalist check to see whether there's a video--that should be available to the public.

Such a tangled web of attorneys and reporters and courts.

I was thinking about the probate court and couldn't even find a docket. Can you give a link to the case detail. I would love to pursue this, too.

Last edited:

Thanks sds71. I didn't realize that the decision about the $250K was in Civil Court (should have, however..:oops:)

So Hug is maintaining that he (Hug) needs to protect the "assests" of the estate, but agreed that NP earned over $100K in 10 days. WOW! I do understand, however, why Hug might need to protect the remaining retainer (nice sound, eh?) so that other attorneys (like himself) will be paid.

If I were an attorney, I would be starting to be a little ashamed of my profession. There is a whole lot of arguing going a round over money that should be going to secure the Farber-Dulos children's futures.

I can't find a regular docket for the probate court in Farmington. I've been to the website, etc.

Last edited:
Such a tangled web of attorneys and reporters and courts.

I was thinking about the probate court and couldn't even find a docket. Can you give a link to the case detail. I would love to pursue this, too.

The probate courts don't put their proceedings online. There's just minimal info if you go to CT Probate Courts, then choose Farmington. Usually they just say who the executor or administrator is and their counsel.

In the Superior Court civil case--sds gave link above--here are the last two entries--notices of 2 remote hearings, 11/19 and 12/15. But don't say what happened at 11/19--possibly b/c it was a settlement discussion. Don't know why the court hasn't ruled on NP's motion to dismiss Farber's suit against him, or the objection filed by Weinstein.

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/CaseDetail/Notices/ViewJDNO.aspx?PSID=57849&eNID=5936413

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/CaseDetail/Notices/ViewJDNO.aspx?PSID=58837&eNID=6035133

From the article:
Influx of requests

I also recall reading earlier when attorney Jon joined the case that law was not his first career:

Troconis' new lawyer expected to challenge evidence

Feb 6, 2020 — A graduate of Fairfield schools and Antioche College in Ohio, Schoenhorn worked as a journalist as he sought his law degree from the University of Connecticut.

I also recall reading earlier when attorney Jon joined the case that law was not his first career:

Troconis' new lawyer expected to challenge evidence

Feb 6, 2020 — A graduate of Fairfield schools and Antioche College in Ohio, Schoenhorn worked as a journalist as he sought his law degree from the University of Connecticut.

True to form...remember the last post-hearing press conference in which Schoenhorn promised to share all his information directly to the press so they wouldn't have to go to the court house to get it. THIS is the man that thinks he should be privy to a less than professional psychologist's family report which directly impacts five children.
A report that NOT filed in family court and is sealed. How can Schoenhorn, who has shown his is picking pieces of evidence to reveal without full context; who accuses LE of being less than honest; who releases things to the media at the same moment he files them with the court, think anyone should trust him with confidential, sealed information.

His entire defense is a stunt!

True to form...remember the last post-hearing press conference in which Schoenhorn promised to share all his information directly to the press so they wouldn't have to go to the court house to get it. THIS is the man that thinks he should be privy to a less than professional psychologist's family report which directly impacts five children.
A report that NOT filed in family court and is sealed. How can Schoenhorn, who has shown his is picking pieces of evidence to reveal without full context; who accuses LE of being less than honest; who releases things to the media at the same moment he files them with the court, think anyone should trust him with confidential, sealed information.

His entire defense is a stunt!
^^bbm

Hear, hear!!

I can finally shorten this up a bit - since she's had so many rescheduled hearings.

Tuesday, Nov. 24th:
*Pretrial Hearing (all cases) (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan) – for *Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 46) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19).
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20).
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. $500K bond. Posted bond.
Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 8/11/20 reference post #377 here:
Deceased/Not Found - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #50

8/21/20 Update: Troconis’ attorney has filed a new memorandum ahead of her Friday court appearance where he’ll argue for the non-financial conditions of her bond release to be relaxed. Specifically he wants no more GPS monitoring anklet, house arrest ended, no more travel restrictions within the US, and an end to her reporting to probation while on pre-trial release. Attorney Jon Schoenhorn says after going through some of the discovery, the evidence against his client is far weaker than the court was led to believe. Among the arguments, he points to videos he says show Troconis was only in the car with Fotis Dulos on the day Dulos disposed of evidence and that she herself is never seen doing it. Motion hearing on 8/28/20.
8/28/20 Update: Troconis hearing beginning. Colangelo is asking for sanctions on Schoenhorn for sending evidence to media without getting the okay from the prosecution. Schoenhorn sent out several pieces of discovery including videos showing Fotis Dulos disposing of evidence. Colangelo says Attorney Jon Schoenhorn has been provided all outstanding discovery. Judge Blawie says he’ll take the motion for sanctions under advisement. Wants to move on to the purpose of this hearing—removing non-financial bond conditions including GPS monitoring, house arrest, intensive probation, and travel restrictions in US. Judge Blawie: No point addressing venue due to prejudice because trial is way down the road. Something that can be taken up closer to then. Schoenhorn: the allegations against Troconis supposedly happened in the Hartford Judicial District, not in Stamford. Wants an evidentiary hearing (Franks hearing) to decide this. Colangelo: if Schoenhorn is trying to argue to change jurisdiction, then there should be no change to her bond conditions today because down the road it might not matter. Blawie: rules that Troconis no longer has to be part of intensive probation program. Prosecution agreed to this. Every other condition remains in effect while he reviews the arguments for GPS, house arrest, & travel. Says will issue written decision in next couple weeks. Blawie says ruling will come by mid-September. Next court date is Oct 2, 10am was cancelled for case #0241178T (conspiracy to commit murder) & rescheduled on 11/24/20 awaiting deposition.
8/28/20 Update: Before the hearing started Richard Colangelo filed new charges against Troconis, adding 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence.. The tampering charge for going with Fotis Dulos to car wash to detail the red pickup truck.
9/8/20 Update: Case #0167364T (tampering w/evidence) & Case #0148553T (hindering pros & conspiracy to commit tampering): hearings set for 10/1/20. 9/21/20: Defense attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, filed the appeal in the state Appellate Court on Monday, seeking relief to Superior Court Judge John Blawie's recent decision "to require continued house arrest & 24-hour GPS monitoring, without a legal or factual basis." Following Blawie's decision last month, Schoenhorn vowed he was going to file the appeal.
9/29/20 Update: #0167364T & #0148553T: Pretrial hearing on 10/1/20 has been rescheduled to 11/24/20. 11/22/20: Chief State’s Attorney Richard J. Colangelo Jr. contends that the three separate cases filed against Troconis in the death & disappearance of Jennifer Dulos have “cross-admissible” evidence & it would serve “judicial economy” to consolidate the cases. However, defense attorney Jon Schoenhorn says it’s too early in the pretrial process & there are too many outstanding motions to consolidate the cases, which he says could prejudice his client at trial. Schoenhorn fired off his own motion, reiterating his drive to have the cases moved to Hartford from Stamford Superior Court. The motions are likely to be discussed Tuesday, 11/24/20 when Troconis appears via video conference in state Superior Court in Stamford.
*Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 55) – Murder: Pretrial hearing on 2/2/21. Court hearing re disposition (Spousal assault/violation) on 1/14/21. Divorce: Pretrial conference hearing on 11/6/20. No update as of 11/23/20.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it.

Stunning list:
Just SMH! Holy SecretPenpal Batman!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member