Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only are they not immune, but I think there is a higher incidence of narcissism among the legal profession, than the general population. Of course you know that I wasn’t excusing NP...just explaining why he may be getting away with things he shouldn’t, much like Fd did for so long.
I don't know that I would say narcissism, although there's plenty of that, IME it tends to be more entitlement. There are rules of professional conduct lawyers are required to follow, but there's no sort of oversight once an attorney passes the bar. People only get caught if another attorney or a Judge turns them in and NO ONE wants to be the person to rat out their friend. Unfortunately, that's why when the news does pick up a story about a bad lawyer, it's always the worst of the worst. The legal community is small, everyone knows everyone and reputation is everything. So lawyers take it very seriously when the file a compliant on another attorney and IME a hunch or suspicion isn't really enough to turn someone in, I would personally want actual proof another attorney was engaged in misconduct before Id be willing to file a complaint simply because, even if innocent, that will follow them around for the rest of their career and I can promise you lawyers are a judgy crowd. Its absolutely, not the best system sometimes.

Also back to the entitlement. The vast majority of lawyers have close family members that are also lawyers, its a generational thing. I, personally am a first-gen, which means no one I know or am related to is a lawyer and it's actually still decently rare. On our first day of class, they had everyone with a relative working in the legal field raise their hand and I'd say a solid 80-90% of the people in my class raised their hand. (they say its not a big deal, but if its not a big deal why do I get my own special label?) In law school, we get told how important and honorable it is to work as a lawyer. "Its a noble and dignified profession" (please note I was absolutely using air quotes as I typed that). People buy into it. They get cocky and they feel special and important. In general, attorneys are considered trustworthy especially among each other. We tend to give other attorneys/future legal professionals the benefit of the doubt alot more than we would a client or even a friend. I mean I personally can't think of a single thing that I would ever be willing to risk losing my license over (assuming im lucky enough to get it one day soonish) So even though it looks really bad, Im holding out hope theres gotta be some sort of reasonable explanation.... I mean $150,000 for twoish weeks of work is just Ludacris. The realist in me, however, says once someone starts pressing the ethical lines and they don't get caught, they may be more willing to do it the next time until eventually its no longer a big deal because they assume no one will ever find out. I mean if this were any other case, and some no-name client I bet the family would have a really hard time getting anyone to listen that an attorney was keeping funds and a Judge would not want to investigate it unless there was clear and convincing evidence. Im definitely not saying any of this is right, or that I agree with any of that mindset, Im just trying to provide insight as to why discipline hasnt been handed out/doesnt get handed out as often as it seems it should. And also not every attorney is bad or entitled, its just the ones that are bad are really bad and they give us all a bad name. (honestly, lawyers deal with real heavy stuff literally every day of work, so most attorneys youll meet have a really good sense of humor because its the only way to get through it) Sorry for rambling... avoiding a working on a paper lol

Sorry people this is slightly off topic, I just can’t with Norm Pattis. His sense of immorality runs high, under the guise of “helping the accused to a fair trial”.

Here is my email to Norm with response.

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-14_14-16-30.png
    upload_2020-10-14_14-16-30.png
    236.6 KB · Views: 82
This is one that the media should certainly look into! I'm exhausted with NP's teflon status. Are the other lawyers afraid of him...or entertained by him?

Or maybe exhausted, like it’s always new chaos with him and they just think they don’t have the energy. I’m not saying that’s right; I’m just thinking how he exhausts me with his dramatic absurdities. MOO.

Or maybe exhausted, like it’s always new chaos with him and they just think they don’t have the energy. I’m not saying that’s right; I’m just thinking how he exhausts me with his dramatic absurdities. MOO.
the level on tone-deafness and the lack of self-awareness, it truly an impressive feat. Youd think someone, who doesnt care to account for or return almost $200k in unearned client fees would want to keep a low profile, but nope not this guy.... he really just goes for it

the level on tone-deafness and the lack of self-awareness, it truly an impressive feat. Youd think someone, who doesnt care to account for or return almost $200k in unearned client fees would want to keep a low profile, but nope not this guy.... he really just goes for it

Pattis may also have some awareness about the financial s***show that has emanated from Dulos, and figures that it’s 50/50 whether or not they unravel it, so why return it before he has to?

Pattis may also have some awareness about the financial s***show that has emanated from Dulos, and figures that it’s 50/50 whether or not they unravel it, so why return it before he has to?

And that is so shameful. You know, now that I think about it, in a way, isn’t that what so many of these people go by—the odds of getting caught and punished? Of course, most rely on those odds without considering websleuths! MOO.

Last edited:
He's addicted to publicity, no matter if it's good or bad.

NP's position on the BLM protests was received with less love..from a tweet in the CT Law Journal..I was unable to access the law.com article. Is anyone else able to do this and can summarize?

@CTLawTribune

·
Jun 4

'Call Me Privileged': Attorney Sparks Outrage With Comments on 'White Male Fatigue', George Floyd Protests
'Call Me Privileged': Attorney Sparks Outrage With Comments on 'White Male Fatigue', George Floyd...
Some black attorneys took exception to a recent blog post by New Haven attorney Norm Pattis, who wrote on social justice and the unrest due to the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.
law.com

On Becoming a Stranger in a Strange Land

There's the NP blog it refers to, with comments. I got the Law.com article thru' your link, but when I went back to cut and paste it, I couldn't get it again.
You can try to type the title of the Law.com article into google and enter. Sometimes that works.

Every once in a while I come back to see what's new on this page. Two things surprise me. 1. no one has gone to trial yet. 2. Jennifer's body has not been found. At this point, I'd even let MT walk if she just said where FD put the body. Makes me think she doesn't know or the body is not in one piece. FD probably thought it better if MT didn't know and he was probably right. KM on the other hand needs to go down. I think he knows because FD was enough of a narcissist that he had to be bragging about what a great plan he had. I'd think he would need help too. But maybe not. I'd like closure but probably not nearly as much as grandma and the kids.

Every once in a while I come back to see what's new on this page. Two things surprise me. 1. no one has gone to trial yet. 2. Jennifer's body has not been found. At this point, I'd even let MT walk if she just said where FD put the body. Makes me think she doesn't know or the body is not in one piece. FD probably thought it better if MT didn't know and he was probably right. KM on the other hand needs to go down. I think he knows because FD was enough of a narcissist that he had to be bragging about what a great plan he had. I'd think he would need help too. But maybe not. I'd like closure but probably not nearly as much as grandma and the kids.

Interesting theory re: MT. She may not know where Jennifer’s body is, but I’d bet real money that she knew it was going down prior to Jennifer’s murder becausr she helped him with the pretense that he never left 4JC, AND she knows Fd did it, and helped with the aftermath. She has to go down, too, IMO-but I would like to see one of those two pony up the location of Jennifer’s body-with I think was dismembered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90