Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't swear to it, but I think all I have of Fotis on his bike is a mental picture. I don't think we've seen an actual picture. It's just that the description is easy to imagine.

JMO

It very well could be. I guess that says alot about the detail in AA. LOL Good Job by LE! So descriptive, I have started hallucinating about it!

Maybe MT is talking.... confronted by whatever KM may have revealed, perhaps her ONLY path forward was a plea agreement. She can't possibly want to take her chances in open court. No way she wants details laid bare in front of her family. Friends. Child.

I think we may see two pleas. Admission of guilt, no trials.

I really hope LE found what they were looking for today.

JMO

I remember the picture....keep asking and maybe a WS member who has not read here lately but has pictures will have that one. Gosh wish I could take a picture of my mind!

It could be that LE/FBI removed the picture from the web. Only if a person saved it to their own pics will we see it until trial.

Marissa Alter[URL='https://twitter.com/MarissaAlter']@MarissaAlter[/URL]

It appears they’re also done with the ground penetrating radar. It’s now being packed up as well.
@News12CT

11:39 AM · Jan 19, 2021

Marissa Alter@MarissaAlter

Worth noting—80 Mountain Spring Rd. is almost sold. Per real estate web sites, it’s listed as “contingent,” meaning an offer has been made & accepted, but still some things to work out. This might be why investigators were there today—bec won’t be able to search it soon.
@News12CT

1:25 PM · Jan 19, 2021

ETA: I don't think the reporter means that LE won't be able to search 80 MS again but it would definitely be better for the prosecution to search and recover prior to breaking the chain of ownership. I'm thinking of another no-body case in Southern Colorado (Kelsie Schelling - trial to begin 1/25) where LE searched the property of the suspect after new owners.

Refresher of details... AWA also at the link below.

Bloody zip ties and a French bicycle: Court records detail evidence against Jennifer Dulos’ husband

Jan 10, 2020
[..]

The court documents appear to suggest that authorities believe Fotis Dulos may have killed his wife or cleaned away evidence at a $3.9 million home on Mountain Spring Road in Farmington currently owned by his construction company. Troconis, in her multiple police interviews, stated he had asked her to bring cleaning supplies to the property the afternoon Jennifer Dulos vanished.

Some of those supplies match items Fotis Dulos was seen in surveillance footage tossing into more than a dozen trash bins that night in Hartford, more than 70 miles from Jennifer Dulos’ New Canaan home. Hartford is about 10 miles from Fotis Dulos’ home in Farmington.

[..]

When she learned that Jennifer Dulos didn’t show up for her children’s orthodontist appointment that afternoon, her “first thought was that Fotis did something,” according to the affidavit.

Almeida and a friend of the missing woman called police.

New Canaan police officers went that night to Jennifer Dulos’ home, where they found blood on the floor, door and a wall of her garage, as well as on the exterior of the Range Rover, which was parked in the middle bay of the three-car garage.

Inside the house, bloodstains were found on the kitchen faucet and a cabinet door under the sink, the affidavit says.

DNA testing showed that most of the blood belonged to Jennifer Dulos. The blood on the kitchen faucet, however, was a mixture belonging to both her and Fotis Dulos.

[..]

Troconis said she and Fotis Dulos spent a good deal of time that afternoon at a Fore Group-owned, $2.9 million mansion at 80 Mountain Spring Road, a couple of miles from the couple’s home. She claimed that she drove back and forth between the two homes several times as they did some cleaning at the property, though cellphone date obtained by detectives failed to corroborate her timeline.

[..]

Fotis Dulos’ cellphone data also shows he stayed on Mountain Spring Road from about 1:36 p.m. to just after 4 p.m., the affidavit says.

Troconis also told investigators her boyfriend at one point asked for paper towels to clean up something he spilled in one of the vehicles at the home. Those vehicles included her Jeep Cherokee, a 2015 Suburban belonging to Fore Group and a red 2001 Toyota Tacoma registered to the wife of Pawel Gumienny, a project manager for Fore Group.

According to police, Gumienny regularly drove the truck. Troconis told detectives she did not know why the Tacoma was at the house when she and Fotis Dulos arrived that afternoon.

Troconis said she thought it was in Gumienny’s Tacoma that the spill occurred in. She said she believed Fotis Dulos said it was coffee he’d spilled.

[..]

Investigators learned during the investigation that Troconis accompanied Fotis Dulos on May 29 when he took Gumienny’s Tacoma to a car wash in Avon, where he paid $250 in cash to have the truck cleaned and detailed. While he drove the Tacoma, Troconis followed in a black Chevy Yukon.

[..]

“During the search warrant execution, Gumienny told detectives that the seats which were installed in the Toyota were different from the seats which had been in the truck on (May 24),” according to the document.

[..]

Gumienny also provided police with another valuable piece of information about Fotis Dulos -- and a theory of how he may have gotten to Jennifer Dulos’ home unnoticed the day she was allegedly killed. According to court records, he told investigators that Fotis Dulos owned a vintage French bicycle that he had asked Gumienny to repair either in late 2018 or early 2019.

[..]

Gumienny recalled seeing the bike stored on a hook in the garage at Fotis Dulos’ Farmington home, as did Troconis. When investigators showed Troconis a photo of the inside of their garage taken on June 3, she said the bike was missing and pointed to the hook where it was usually kept.

[..]

Residential surveillance camera footage from a street about a mile or so from Jennifer Dulos’ home in New Canaan also shows “an individual dressed in a hooded sweatshirt and dark clothing riding a bicycle consistent with Dulos’ bike toward Jennifer’s residence” on the morning she vanished, Kimball wrote in the affidavit. Photographs that show Fotis Dulos’ bike show it matches the description of the one seen near his wife’s home.

ETA: AWA Pg 10/35 references item # 7. Residential Surveillance.
IMO, there are no published photos of hooded FD riding his antique bike as this would require screenshotting the surveillance video obtained by LE. However, I believe if anybody would leak this info it would be MT's mouthpiece, Jon. Also, employee PG stated that after FD borrowed his red, Tacoma, he found a pale with a hooded sweatshirt inside the pale left in his vehicle. PG stated he returned the pale and sweatshirt -- leaving them in the laundry room.

Last edited:
I remember the picture....keep asking and maybe a WS member who has not read here lately but has pictures will have that one. Gosh wish I could take a picture of my mind!

It could be that LE/FBI removed the picture from the web. Only if a person saved it to their own pics will we see it until trial.

According to my unofficial poll, it appears you and I are partners in a folie adeux (spelling?). Lucky us! We got Dulos hallucinations. I'm not 100% convinced yet, but its not looking good for us lol

It's worrisome LE wasn't there for very long. Was the medical examiner there or wouldn't they go to a place like this?

I believe the coroner would be called if/when remains are located. I don't recall ever seeing a coroner waiting at a potential site of remains to see if anything is found. Jmo they would wait until something is actually found. None of the reporters that were there today have mentioned the coroner/ME being there. I wish he/she was tho cuz that would give me additional hope. Jmo and all that

My clearest memories of a hooded bicyclist are from re-enacments IIRC

If LE is sill present they may be waiting for night to actually dig, so people cannot see what they are doing. I hope they find Jennifer.

From my limited understanding of GPR there are signs of anomalies/soil disturbance as well as less positive findings. If they dig that soon in their GPR search, it seems to me that there may be some obvious or major anomalies in the recently filled/recently reforested grounds. It could be very promising evidence.

My clearest memories of a hooded bicyclist are from re-enacments IIRC

From my limited understanding of GPR there are signs of anomalies/soil disturbance as well as less positive findings. If they dig that soon in their GPR search, it seems to me that there may be some obvious or major anomalies in the recently filled/recently reforested grounds. It could be very promising evidence.

Just what my son said.....hoping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members