Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ski Carriers?
@Megnut
Another pair of untrained eyes here, but looks like they could be diff carriers/boxes.
Maybe after ski trip and before JD's death, they bought new Thule carrier? IDK.

Are racks gen'ly made to accommodate diff cargo boxes, i.e., to upsize w'out buying new rack?

But in comparing carrier in the two pics of it in garage, I thought it looked like two diff carriers there, so I knew I had to be mistaken about that.
Lotta skis on that garage wall.

Last edited:
Transporting 'Cargo' w. Thule Gear?
Apologizing if this has been discussed to death as I'm just popping in and noticed posts about racks & boxes. I haven't seen/don't remember pics of car w equipment. Had not thought about this gear before.

Affidavit at 1:36pm: "Suburban w a Thule rack."
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/6eb01bbf-8afe-4860-a191-c57592237b20-png.280789/
Rack, not cargo carrier, not roof top box, not car top carrier.
Roof racks. <--- Presumably one of these?

Anyone have pix or descriptions of what gear was on the ^ Suburban?
Did it have manufacturer's orig. luggage rack/gear rack, so not detachable?

How easy is it to install/affix the Thule roof racks for car? What about car top carriers? Removal time?
A five min. job or muuuch longer?
Or would FD likely leave racks & boxes on all the time?

And another category of carriers & baskets: Cargo carriers
Holy cow, who knew there were so many different racks, carriers, types of equipment? And pricey.

BBM-I don’t know about this one, but our Thule goes on in 5min easy-and knowing fD, he had the best (and most expensive one), that would’ve had all of the features that would make it as simple and quick to use as possible.

If FD drove Jennifer's Suburban directly to the location of HIS Suburban, Jennifer could've been transferred from the back of her Suburban to the top of his Suburban.

That Suburban continues to 80 MS, Fotis returns to Farmington to transfer trash bags to his Raptor, intending to leave the Tacoma where he found it, only to discover that a bag leaked.

I suspect there was A LOT of EXTRA car jockeying as mistakes necessitated.

JMO

Good catch. The ski photo appears to be FDs 2012 Suburban, and the one in the garage his 2015 model. In the WTNH article you can see the front of the Suburban and you see the grill and lights are different. So the ski photo is probably the car that the doctored plates went with.
And while you can exchange the Thule rack for different cars sometimes requiring a new adapter set, he probably just got a new Thule box with the new Suburban.
What we do glean is that he regularly had one on his primary vehicle.

Could a body the size of JD fit in one? Yes for sure. Is it likely? I think not. It is cumbersome to get stuff up in there, fine for skis and bags, but you have to stand on the door frame to reach up there (FD was short, like you see in the ski photo) and a 120lb body would be a big lift literally. If you had to you certainly could do it. But it would not be ideal planning and it would smear stuff on the roof and the lip of the box. Plus it is so obvious and visible since you’re standing up at roof level, so you would only want to do this in the remotest of places where you wouldn’t be seen. So possibly for transport away from 80MS, but I don’t see this happening anywhere in NC in May.

MOO.

Still possible the two Suburbans rendevoused at a pre-determined location. Away from the public eye. Perhaps the Thule wasn't atop the second Suburban but IN it.

And only if one is missing and unaccounted for.

I believe Jennifer's body spent time at 80 MS.

MT may have been the early warning system, watching for incoming traffic while FD did what he planned to do.

JMO

^^bbm

According to the AWA, the unidentified person seen on surveillance near what appeared to be the pillow was later identified as homeless and interviewed but I don't see mention of Milagros or anybody taking the Weather Tech floor mat here.

Actually, I don't recall reading that the location of the wall (Milagros?) was disclosed or that the floor mat was taken by another.

Pg 7 of 35 AWA.

Bloody zip ties and a French bicycle: Court records detail evidence against Jennifer Dulos’ husband

Here is the article and when LE went there to interview the employees... the mat was missing.

LE has not recovered the mat or knife from Fudge. At least since the last aw but tho knows if they have and are saving it for the trial.

So I’m saying that since the mat was taken as it was no longer there than the person who took it should also have been captured on the cc surveillance cameras that captured FD propping it against the wall at Milagros. Moo

A carpet or mat believed to be tied to Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance was left at a Hartford restaurant the day she went missing, but investigators can’t track it down

Here is the article and when LE went there to interview the employees... the mat was missing.

LE has not recovered the mat or knife from Fudge. At least since the last aw but tho knows if they have and are saving it for the trial.

So I’m saying that since the mat was taken as it was no longer there than the person who took it should also have been captured on the cc surveillance cameras that captured FD propping it against the wall at Milagros. Moo

A carpet or mat believed to be tied to Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance was left at a Hartford restaurant the day she went missing, but investigators can’t track it down
Thank you. Perhaps this info omitted from AWA since the floor is mat missing and couldn't be tested for evidence linking it to FD/JD or the crime.

So many great posts.
Where is she?
Did he dismember her?
I think he did.
Lest we forget the Albany Ave. trip.
LE owned up about some facts.
But, not all.
I can't help but wonder about the street people that scavenged through the trash.
We know of one such person that found the bloody pillow and the knife.
Were there others that reported to LE about their finds that went to the landfill?
Things they saw? Things they found? Horrible things?
Incinerated?
Just a thought and MOO.

They probably dug a grave for her in a similar location to the one that his lawyer dug. That grave was dug to fit a person intact, so I imagine the plan wasn't to dismember her.

In an in-depth interview with Hearst Connecticut Media, Perry explained his examination of the property and shared exclusive photos and videos of the locations where he discovered the anomalies....
The 73-year-old Perry believes Jennifer Dulos’ mother, Gloria Farber, alerted state police to his services...
Perry said he was told that while Fotis Dulos was trying to sell the house after his wife vanished, he asked surveyors about the possibility of future owners constructing a pool at the wood line that abutted a land trust parcel. “He wanted to know if anyone would be able to dig the area up,”
Perry said he identified four areas at the wood line that showed anomalies or some disruption of the soil. He spotted a fifth location under a staircase in the basement of the home that he believes is likely a long pipe.
Perry said he designated each of the five locations as “low probability” for the presence of a body or human remains. Perry said there was evidence the areas had been disturbed, but he determined there likely was not a body buried there based on the readings on his machine...
Troconis told police Fotis Dulos spent time that day in the yard setting up stakes so people couldn't walk on the "newly seeded" grass, the warrants state. The warrants do not say what part of the yard Fotis Dulos had been working on or if police had checked the area as part of the investigation.

‘Bone Finder’: Questions about pool raised suspicion about Dulos property - CTInsider.com

940x0.jpg

940x0.jpg

In an in-depth interview with Hearst Connecticut Media, Perry explained his examination of the property and shared exclusive photos and videos of the locations where he discovered the anomalies....
The 73-year-old Perry believes Jennifer Dulos’ mother, Gloria Farber, alerted state police to his services...
Perry said he was told that while Fotis Dulos was trying to sell the house after his wife vanished, he asked surveyors about the possibility of future owners constructing a pool at the wood line that abutted a land trust parcel. “He wanted to know if anyone would be able to dig the area up,”
Perry said he identified four areas at the wood line that showed anomalies or some disruption of the soil. He spotted a fifth location under a staircase in the basement of the home that he believes is likely a long pipe.
Perry said he designated each of the five locations as “low probability” for the presence of a body or human remains. Perry said there was evidence the areas had been disturbed, but he determined there likely was not a body buried there based on the readings on his machine...
Troconis told police Fotis Dulos spent time that day in the yard setting up stakes so people couldn't walk on the "newly seeded" grass, the warrants state. The warrants do not say what part of the yard Fotis Dulos had been working on or if police had checked the area as part of the investigation.

‘Bone Finder’: Questions about pool raised suspicion about Dulos property - CTInsider.com

940x0.jpg

940x0.jpg

I don't like that newer cement.

JMO

940x0.jpg

940x0.jpg

For all the reasons, I don't trust FD.

From all appearances, FD and KM had an "arrangement". Involving disappearing their STBXs. Difference being, KM seemed to want his gone; FD wanted REVENGE, too. One scenario appeared to include luring, abducting, murder, burial. With lime. At the gun club location.

The other plan, ambush and abduction....and murder, we just don't know the planned method or the planned disposal. But I think we can be certain that there was a plan. Detailed and pre-pre-pre-prepared.

I don't like those disturbed areas at the woodline.

I don't like that he was placed at those locations on the very day in question.

He had PONCHOS. Okay, possibly to create a barrier to avoid transfer of DNA. But he had TIME. So I can't not go to a grisly place. If he planned this over weeks, months, years, he would've had supplies, he would've had a plan, he would've had prepared places. Places.

If he were a hunter, and I allege he WAS one that day -- hunter, hunted, stalker, prey -- he would've had a job to do. Cleaning. Per MT's "I wasn't cleaning Jennifer. " Because IMO FD was.

Warning: disturbing speculation ahead.

If he had his own chemicals, lye, lime, you name it, and pre-determined locations, soft parts of body, I would think, would be virtually undetectable. Small mass, accelerated decomposition, scent interrupters. I hate writing time, but lungs and heart here, stomach and intestines there. In predug locations. Bones in a pit. With lye, lime, etc. Under pipes. Add quickset cement.

Then a shower. A long, hot, desperate shower to wash that all off. Maybe that's why it was on MT's mind, as with cleaning the bathroom.

You'd think there'd be tons of forensic evidence if any such disposal took place. But he had time and motive and resources to plan this out, to the very last detail. IMO the thing that he DIDN'T plan for is being a weak, weak man and Jennifer fighting back, which left a ghastly crime scene and blew up his alibi and his schedule.

Everything else, however, would've been ready and waiting.

When I see those basement studs, I again go Dexter. Plastic sheeting. He could've made a false room, walled in with plastic, to do what he did. Creating dozens of bags of sheeting, cleaning supplies, clothing, zip ties, gloves, etc, etc.

We can hope that LE has recovered far more than what the AWs contain. Those contain enough information/evidence to convince a judge to sign for arrest. A DA wants enough information/evidence to CONVICT. Which they had, based on the charges.

What they have remains under seal because FD killed himself before it was revealed at trial.

I've been thinking a lot lately about Jennifer. About the sum of her life. About her love for her children.... I want her found, for them. But in truth, she's already in them. Her DNA as well as her love, poured into mothering and nurturing and protecting .... she knew each of them intimately, their personalities and interests and spirit.

I found myself thinking, since there's no one proper burial place, where would Jennifer choose to be, if she could? I was thinking mountaintop or ocean, park or country.

And it hit me. She'd choose to be with her children.

Which is exactly where I believe her spirit is.

Unbounded, at peace, filled with grace, just as she was in life.

JMO

Last edited:

From all appearances, FD and KM had an "arrangement". Involving disappearing their STBXs. Difference being, KM seemed to want his gone; FD wanted REVENGE, too. One scenario appeared to include luring, abducting, murder, burial. With lime. At the gun club location.

The other plan, ambush and abduction....and murder, we just don't know the planned method or the planned disposal. But I think we can be certain that there was a plan. Detailed and pre-pre-pre-prepared.

He had PONCHOS. Okay, possibly to create a barrier to avoid transfer of DNA. But he had TIME. So I can't not go to a grisly place. If he planned this over weeks, months, years, he would've had supplies, he would've had a plan, he would've had prepared places. Places.

If he were a hunter, and I allege he WAS one that day -- hunter, hunted, stalker, prey -- he would've had a job to do. Cleaning. Per MT's "I wasn't cleaning Jennifer. " Because IMO FD was.

If he had his own chemicals, lye, lime, you name it, and pre-determined locations, soft parts of body, I would think, would be virtually undetectable. Small mass, accelerated decomposition, scent interrupters. I hate writing time, but lungs and heart here, stomach and intestines there. In predug locations. Bones in a pit. With lye, lime, etc. Under pipes. Add quickset cement.

Then a shower. A long, hot, desperate shower to wash that all off. Maybe that's why it was on MT's mind, as with cleaning the bathroom.

You'd think there'd be tons of forensic evidence if any such disposal took place. But he had time and motive and resources to plan this out, to the very last detail. IMO the thing that he DIDN'T plan for is being as weak, weak man and Jennifer fighting back, which left a ghastly crime scene and blew up his alibi and his schedule.

When I see those basement studs, I again go Dexter. Plastic sheeting. He could've made a false room, walled in with plastic, to do what he did. Creating dozens of bags of sheeting, cleaning supplies, clothing, zip ties, gloves, etc, etc.

We can hope that LE has recovered far more than what the AWs contain. Those contain enough information/evidence to convince a judge to sign for arrest. A DA wants enough information/evidence to CONVICT. Which they had, based on the charges.

What they have remains under seal because FD killed himself before it was revealed at trial.

I've been thinking a lot lately about Jennifer. About the sum of her life. About her love for her children.... I want her found, for them. But in truth, she's already in them. Her DNA as well as her love, poured into mothering and nurturing and protecting .... she knew each of them intimately, their personalities and interests and spirit.

I found myself thinking, since there's no one proper burial place, where would Jennifer choose to be, if she could? I was thinking mountaintop or ocean, park or country.

Unbounded, at peace, filled with grace, just as she was in life.

JMO

First part of your post was ghastly, as you warned, but the second part was lovely. She is with, and in her children, no matter what he did with her remains. This is why I think it’s possible (IMO) that GF will hold firm that neither KM not MT should get immunity if they give up her body, because it could be less important to her to have whatever is left of Jennifer’s earthly remains than it is for the guilty ones to be punished for what they did.

You'd think there'd be tons of forensic evidence if any such disposal took place. But he had time and motive and resources to plan this out, to the very last detail. IMO the thing that he DIDN'T plan for is being a weak, weak man and Jennifer fighting back, which left a ghastly crime scene and blew up his alibi and his schedule.

Unbounded, at peace, filled with grace, just as she was in life. [BBM]

JMO

Thoughtful and beautiful...even the grizzly parts....Your last lines brought a chill and a tear...Bless JFD's family and protect them, especially the children.

I know they can fit in the vehicle, I was just curious who the additional kids are. Jmo
I don’t know who the two additional kids are, but they were two seat belts short of fitting everyone safely in that vehicle.

Two of the kids would have had to share seat belts with two others.

I know that seems petty relative to most everything else about this case.

To me, and assuming they all rode in the Suburban, it’s just one more indicator that FD and MT did whatever worked for FD and MT regardless of the danger to others. In even things like going out to have a fun day, they risked four kids’ lives and set a bad example for those 8 kids who - like all kids - learn from what they see the adults around them doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vmaximus