Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I read the Commission looking into it doesn't have the power to discipline him, only to fire him. I couldn't determine from article if the position existed and was open before he offered it to her, or whether the position was created for her. IMO, that would make a difference.

I agree-and I am very disappointed in him. But seriously, if it’s the “Connecticut way”, then I wonder why his feet are being held to the fire, and not everyone’s? I wonder what’s at play here? Patronage is suddenly a big deal in CT?

I agree-and I am very disappointed in him. But seriously, if it’s the “Connecticut way”, then I wonder why his feet are being held to the fire, and not everyone’s? I wonder what’s at play here? Patronage is suddenly a big deal in CT?
I don't know that it's the "Connecticut way". There's a Code of Ethics and there's an investigation int0 whether or not he violated any part of it. There are other prosecutors who can step into the cases against MT and KM--if need be.

Tuesday, January 18th:
*Pretrial Hearing-Remote (conspiracy charges) (@ 11:30am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – for *Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 56) arrested & charged (1/7/20) & arraigned (2/20/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. Held on $2M bond. Bond reduced (10/7/20) to $246K. Bond posted (10/19/20).
Court info from 1/7/20 thru 11/11/21 reference post #921 here:
Still Missing - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #54

12/20/21: On Monday morning, State detectives & their search dogs could be seen gathered in the southwest corner of the “mulch pile” off of Lapham Road & Merritt Expressway adjacent to Waveny Park. The area also is adjacent to a section of Lapham Road where Fotis Dulos parked a pickup truck on the morning of the murder. He then pedaled a bicycle to Jennifer’s Welles Lane house & waited for her, investigators have said in police affidavits, bound & killed her, cleaned up the scene & put her body & bicycle into her own black SUV, driving it back to Lapham Road & leaving the vehicle parked there for authorities to find. Pretrial hearing was rescheduled from 11/11/21 to 1/18/22.

*Charged (1/21/19) spousal sexual assault, disorderly conduct & 2nd degree unlawful restraint & on June 26, 2019 with violating of a protective order. Plead not guilty. $500 bond for each count.
*Divorce case - 11/6/20: Uncontested dissolution of divorce granted.
If bond made – on house arrest, surrender passport & no contact with co-defendants. Dulos’ former civil lawyer who represented Dulos against a $2.5 million civil lawsuit filed by his mother-in-law.

Court info from 2/14/20 thru 7/27/21 reference post #921 here:

11/30/21 Update: Violation charge still awaiting disposition & assault charges will have a remote hearing on 12/22/21. 12/22/21 Update: No info on what happened at hearing. 1/14/22 Update: Violation: Disposition hearing on 1/24/22 & for assault: a plea hearing on 1/24/22.
*Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 46) – Case #021178T, #0167364T & #0148553T: Pretrial hearing on 2/15/22.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it.

Tuesday, January 18th:
*Pretrial Hearing-Remote (conspiracy charges) (@ 11:30am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – for *Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 56) arrested & charged (1/7/20) & arraigned (2/20/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. Held on $2M bond. Bond reduced (10/7/20) to $246K. Bond posted (10/19/20).
Court info from 1/7/20 thru 11/11/21 reference post #921 here:

12/20/21: On Monday morning, State detectives & their search dogs could be seen gathered in the southwest corner of the “mulch pile” off of Lapham Road & Merritt Expressway adjacent to Waveny Park. The area also is adjacent to a section of Lapham Road where Fotis Dulos parked a pickup truck on the morning of the murder. He then pedaled a bicycle to Jennifer’s Welles Lane house & waited for her, investigators have said in police affidavits, bound & killed her, cleaned up the scene & put her body & bicycle into her own black SUV, driving it back to Lapham Road & leaving the vehicle parked there for authorities to find. Pretrial hearing was rescheduled from 11/11/21 to 1/18/22.

*Charged (1/21/19) spousal sexual assault, disorderly conduct & 2nd degree unlawful restraint & on June 26, 2019 with violating of a protective order. Plead not guilty. $500 bond for each count.
*Divorce case - 11/6/20: Uncontested dissolution of divorce granted.
If bond made – on house arrest, surrender passport & no contact with co-defendants. Dulos’ former civil lawyer who represented Dulos against a $2.5 million civil lawsuit filed by his mother-in-law.

Court info from 2/14/20 thru 7/27/21 reference post #921 here:

11/30/21 Update: Violation charge still awaiting disposition & assault charges will have a remote hearing on 12/22/21. 12/22/21 Update: No info on what happened at hearing. 1/14/22 Update: Violation: Disposition hearing on 1/24/22 & for assault: a plea hearing on 1/24/22.
*Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 46) – Case #021178T, #0167364T & #0148553T: Pretrial hearing on 2/15/22.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it.

After debt, no money left in Fotis Dulos estate for children, court documents show

"While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records.

Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate and attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."

After his trips and his mistress, living it up on other people's dines, he found a way to avoid child support eternally.

Pawns, not unlike his beloved Mercier bicycle. Useful only until not.

I hope KM and MT are held to the fire for their roles in this tragic saga.

JMO

After his trips and his mistress, living it up on other people's dines, he found a way to avoid child support eternally.

Pawns, not unlike his beloved Mercier bicycle. Useful only until not.

I hope KM and MT are held to the fire for their roles in this tragic saga.

JMO

I wish there was a way to claw some of the money back from MT that fD spent on her and her kid, at least. Of course, I know that isn’t possible. Well, at least the lawyers got paid-

After debt, no money left in Fotis Dulos estate for children, court documents show

"While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records.

Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate and attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."

If I were one of the business individuals who isn't going to be paid, I would seriously question why HUG gets should a huge chunk of the change and his attorney, too.

No sympathy for Murray, however.

I found the following a bit confusing. Wonder if GF won't see any funds because it will be used to pay Weinstein? And, HM is still alive and insisting he be paid. IMO, HM can paddle his way back to RI.

But Weinstein said Farber will not see the $1.9 million a judge awarded his client six months after Fotis Dulos’ death. Farber was awarded the judgment after filing two lawsuits against her son-in-law for unpaid business loans her family provided to help support his real estate development company, Fore Group.

The ownership of a property at 545 Deercliff Road in Avon is still being contested, with Harry Masiello, a long-time friend of Fotis Dulos contending in a lawsuit that he loaned the Fore Group money to develop the property. Farber has also filed a claim in that foreclosure case, which is still pending.

@MarissaAlter
Brief virtual hearing for Kent Mawhinney during which Judge Blawie put the case on the trial docket but with no date yet. There is no future court date at the moment, that will only happen if something comes up.

We also learned today a request was previously granted to allow Mawhinney to travel for family business. The judge and Mawhinney’s attorney noted he’s been compliant w/ the terms of his release since he posted bond in October 2020.

Hmmm --what was Fotis mystery illness? I doubt he'd admit to anything less than a picture of health! Hug was always a conflict acting here and the fact that his own attorney racked up almost $200K in services confirms my feelings. How generous of them to discount their fee for services. MOO

Jan 18, 2022

[..]

Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate and attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show.

It is unlikely that any creditors will be paid beyond the two attorneys, nearly a dozen professionals who provided services to Hug to deal with the estate, and state and federal taxes owed by Fotis Dulos, court documents show.

According to court documents, Hug stated that in addition to the $367,000 needed to pay those who worked to settle the estate, there were $64,962 in expenses for Fotis Dulos’ “last sickness,” $17,707 in unpaid state taxes and $98,343 in unpaid federal taxes.

Hug and Knierim, who declined to comment when reached last week, have agreed to cut their fee by nearly $100,000 to help settle the estate, court documents said.

[..]

Hmmm --what was Fotis mystery illness? I doubt he'd admit to anything less than a picture of health! Hug was always a conflict acting here and the fact that his own attorney racked up almost $200K in services confirms my feelings. How generous of them to discount their fee for services. MOO

Jan 18, 2022

[..]

Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate and attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show.

It is unlikely that any creditors will be paid beyond the two attorneys, nearly a dozen professionals who provided services to Hug to deal with the estate, and state and federal taxes owed by Fotis Dulos, court documents show.

According to court documents, Hug stated that in addition to the $367,000 needed to pay those who worked to settle the estate, there were $64,962 in expenses for Fotis Dulos’ “last sickness,” $17,707 in unpaid state taxes and $98,343 in unpaid federal taxes.

Hug and Knierim, who declined to comment when reached last week, have agreed to cut their fee by nearly $100,000 to help settle the estate, court documents said.

[..]

I assume by “last illness”, what they mean his when he gassed himself. There would have been some charges involved in the attempt to save his life. And it’s funny that those attorneys are claiming that they are “cutting their fees”, when the truth is that they have all of the money there is. They didn’t have a choice. But they probably know how odious they appear now, so are claiming that they cut their fees to help settle the estate. And if they didn’t, who did they think was going to pay it? So Harry Masiello got nothing? Good

Jan 18, 2022

[..]

[..]

I think the last sickness was his suicide attempt and eventual death. Seems to me this should be a family problem.

I assume by “last illness”, what they mean his when he gassed himself. There would have been some charges involved in the attempt to save his life. And it’s funny that those attorneys are claiming that they are “cutting their fees”, when the truth is that they have all of the money there is. They didn’t have a choice. But they probably know how odious they appear now, so are claiming that they cut their fees to help settle the estate. And if they didn’t, who did they think was going to pay it? So Harry Masiello got nothing? Good
Got it! My mind never went to "illness" with this rotten dude's suicide attempt and/or aftercare! Nope, more like last cowardness.... MOO

From the link:

Jan 18, 2022

Stamford Judge John F. Blawie ordered the move during a brief hearing Tuesday after months of continuations in the case. Mawhinney, who has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder, remains free on $246,000 bond.

Blawie said at Tuesday’s hearing that, as Mawhinney awaits his trial to be scheduled, there would be no need to schedule future case hearings unless a new motion is filed or new information arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff