Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday, November 30th:
*Pretrial Motions Hearing (@ 9am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 48) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19).
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20).
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond.
Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 10/12/22 reference post #494 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-55.609653/page-25

10/18/22 Update: No info on what was discussed, but there will be a hearing on 11/29/22 & if needed, 11/30, about the state’s motion to disqualify Jon Schoenhorn as Troconis’ attorney. He filed his own motion to disqualify this state’s attorney’s office. “Schoenhorn should be disqualified,” the state wrote, for two reasons. First, prosecutors argued, “he is likely to be a necessary witness in the impending trial, and thus there is a compelling need for his testimony.” Second, they asserted, “he is laboring under a potential conflict of interest with a likelihood of it developing into a substantial actual conflict.”
11/29/22 Update: Due to a judge being out today & therefore cases being moved around, Troconis' hearing was pushed from 10am to 2pm. The State & defense met in Judge's chambers to discuss the many pending motions in the case, including the reciprocal motions to have attorneys from each side removed. The hearing will continue tomorrow, 11/30/22.
*Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 57) – Murder: Judge John F. Blawie put the case on the trial docket. Hearing on 1
2/2/22
. Trial set to begin January, 2023. 2/23/22: Plead guilty to a charge of violating a protective order that stemmed from an incident involving his ex-wife. Sentenced for violation & assault on 6/17/22 was given a 5 year suspended prison sentence & 3 years of probation on a domestic violence charge.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it. 1/17/22: After debt, no money left in Dulos estate for children. While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records. Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate & attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."

Thanks for the info @Seattle1 !

Thank you for this date. Do you know "what" the hearing is - status/pretrial, etc? & at what time?
TIA! :)
Last, First: MAWHINNEY KENTRepresented By: 007660 BUTLER N & GOLD
Birth Year: 1965Times on the Docket: 25
Docket Information
Docket No:FST -CR20-0241179-TArresting Agency:CSP TROOP G
Companion:
Program:Arrest Date:1/7/2020
Court:Stamford JDBond Amount:$1,500,000 (This case only)
Bond Type:Set
Miscellaneous:(Not Released From Custody)
Activity:Awaiting DispositionNext Court Date:
12/2/2022 9:00 AM
Current Charges
StatuteDescriptionClassTypeOccOffense DatePleaVerdict Finding
53a-54aCONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER
B​
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019Not Guilty

11/30/2022

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR190148553T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 02/23/2023. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

11/30/2022

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR190148553T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 02/23/2023. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Thanks for the info…do you have any idea what happened in MT’s court proceeding today?

Thanks for the info…do you have any idea what happened in MT’s court proceeding today?
The hearing on Tuesday was set after defense attorney JLS declined the prosecutor's request to recuse himself. After the hearing was delayed from Tuesday AM to PM, it carried over to Weds. IMO, the hearing is about both sides trying to remove each other (and not specifically about MT's charges).

KM has a hearing on 12/3 and MT on 2/23/23.

11/28/22

STAMFORD, Conn. – A hearing is expected to occur this week on whether the attorney for the key defendant in the disappearance and death of New Canaan mother Jennifer Dulos should be removed from the case.

Prosecutors have filed a motion to disqualify attorney Jon Schoenhorn, who represents Michelle Troconis, citing that he is likely to be a witness in the impending trial and remaining as Troconis’ attorney would be a conflict of interest.

Attorney-Jon-Schoenhorn-and-Michelle-Troconis-1.jpg

Troconis is facing charges including conspiracy to murder, tampering with evidence, and hindering prosecution.

RELATED: Attorney in Jennifer Dulo’s case calls motion to disqualify him over sweatshirt ‘pathetic’

Schoenhorn declined requests from prosecutors to recuse himself leading to a hearing on the matter which is now scheduled for Tuesday in Stamford Superior Court.

Is anyone covering this now?

@MarissaAlter
·
2h

Heads up to those of you who follow my reporting on the Michelle Troconis case. I am not in today so I won't be tweeting updates from today's court appearance.
@News12CT
On Tuesday, the parties essentially met with the Judge in chambers, and therefore little if any info was available to the media. And Nothing from @News12CT thus far or any others.

I won't be surprised if the parties are in chambers again on Weds since the hearing revolves around each side trying to remove each other from the case.

All that I heard via a friend following this case is that they returned for a brief hearing today when Judge Gary White said he will hear arguments about the requests to disqualify the defense and prosecution in the case on Feb. 23. So, bascially, delay, delay and more delay. Doesn't sound like anything related to MT today. Maybe others have additional information.

All that I heard via a friend following this case is that they returned for a brief hearing today when Judge Gary White said he will hear arguments about the requests to disqualify the defense and prosecution in the case on Feb. 23. So, bascially, delay, delay and more delay. Doesn't sound like anything related to MT today. Maybe others have additional information.
This is what I was looking for-so, like usual, nothing happened, and a new court date was scheduled, where nothing will happen.

This is so discouraging. No wonder JS and the Troconis family were in such high spirits in the video from yesterday. MT gets another ski season in Colorado....The Farber family is left waiting for any new information or any type of closure to the legal process. SMH....I don't know how JS could have spent a 1000 hours on this case as it always appears that he's barely opened the evidence boxes. He has spent a lot of time filing motions with various courts, I guess.

Lisa Backus is one of the author's of the attached. Schoenhorn wants the case dismissed or a new investigative agency and a change of venue.

This is so discouraging. No wonder JS and the Troconis family were in such high spirits in the video from yesterday. MT gets another ski season in Colorado....The Farber family is left waiting for any new information or any type of closure to the legal process. SMH....I don't know how JS could have spent a 1000 hours on this case as it always appears that he's barely opened the evidence boxes. He has spent a lot of time filing motions with various courts, I guess.

Lisa Backus is one of the author's of the attached. Schoenhorn wants the case dismissed or a new investigative agency and a change of venue.

So what was JS thinking about doing with the so-called evidence? Presenting it at trial in a "Perry Mason moment"? And before JS was that NP's thinking? Who did the DNA analysis that purportedly linked the sweatshirt to the employee and when was it done?

So what was JS thinking about doing with the so-called evidence? Presenting it at trial in a "Perry Mason moment"? And before JS was that NP's thinking? Who did the DNA analysis that purportedly linked the sweatshirt to the employee and when was it done?
Gumienny (the employee) did find a sweatshirt in a bucket in his truck (after Jennifer Dulos disappeared (along with some tools), so of course his DNA would be on this sweatshirt. The truck that Fotis borrowed and is seen on CCTV driving to New Caanan and before he hopped on his bicycle (also seen on CCTV) to her home to greet her. This attorney is delusional and the Connecticut Criminal Justice System is very disappointing. IMO

Gumienny (the employee) did find a sweatshirt in a bucket in his truck (after Jennifer Dulos disappeared (along with some tools), so of course his DNA would be on this sweatshirt. The truck that Fotis borrowed and is seen on CCTV driving to New Caanan and before he hopped on his bicycle (also seen on CCTV) to her home to greet her. This attorney is delusional and the Connecticut Criminal Justice System is very disappointing. IMO
I did remember reading way back when that a sweatshirt was found in a bucket, and I assumed LE would have taken possession of it. So how, then, did it get into a box delivered by JS to Atty TK?

I did remember reading way back when that a sweatshirt was found in a bucket, and I assumed LE would have taken possession of it. So how, then, did it get into a box delivered by JS to Atty TK?
Here's a good article from 2020. Says Pawel told LE he found red pail with sweatshirt in his truck and left it at Dulos' laundry room, assuming it was his. Doesn't say LE found it.

"Gumienny later told police that he found a red pail with a blue hoodie stuffed into it in his truck on May 28, his first day at work after Jennifer Dulos’ Friday disappearance and the extended Memorial Day weekend.

“Assuming the items belonged to (Fotis) Dulos, Gumienny brought the items into the house and left them in the laundry room,” the affidavit states
."

Bloody zip ties and a French bicycle: Court records detail evidence against Jennifer Dulos’ husband (dayton.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member