Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattis appealed to the Judge for a delay in his suspension from last week.

DENIED. DENIED. DENIED.

My Favorite Quote from the article -- "Norm Pattis ... is warned by Judge Barbara Bellis to not speak over her."

IMO.

CT judge denies Alex Jones lawyer Norm Pattis’ request to delay his suspension​

Rob Ryser Updated: Jan. 12, 2023 10:52 a.m. Facebook Twitter Email​

Rob RyserJan. 11, 2023
Alex Jones' attorney Norm Pattis, right, is warned by Judge Judge Barbara Bellis to not speak over her during the Alex Jones Sandy Hook defamation damages trial at Connecticut Superior Court in Waterbury, Conn. Friday, Sept. 23, 2022.' attorney Norm Pattis, right, is warned by Judge Judge Barbara Bellis to not speak over her during the Alex Jones Sandy Hook defamation damages trial at Connecticut Superior Court in Waterbury, Conn. Friday, Sept. 23, 2022.

Alex Jones' attorney Norm Pattis, right, is warned by Judge Judge Barbara Bellis to not speak over her during the Alex Jones Sandy Hook defamation damages trial at Connecticut Superior Court in Waterbury, Conn. Friday, Sept. 23, 2022.
Christian Abraham/Hearst Connecticut Media

WATERBURY — A Connecticut judge has denied Alex Jones lawyer Norm Pattis’ request to delay his six-month suspension for sharing protected medical records of Sandy Hook families with other Jones lawyers.

It could not be immediately confirmed Wednesday afternoon whether the decision by state Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis would disqualify Pattis from representing an accused seditionist when that trial begins Thursday in Washington, D.C., but Pattis suggested it would bench him.

“I suspect I will be out of the Joe Biggs case today,” Pattis tweeted shortly after Bellis’ decision, referring to a suspected ringleader in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol who Pattis represents. “Although unplanned, six months off sounds good about now.”
Pattis, who was suspended for six months by Bellis on Jan. 5 for sharing medical records of Sandy Hook families with Jones’ lawyers who were not involved in a Connecticut defamation case, hoped not be barred from practicing law in Washington, D.C. under a reciprocal process.
“Attorney Pattis is presently waiting to end jury selection and begin opening arguments in the (trial of Joseph Biggs and others) where a motion for emergency order is pending seeking an order permitting him to remain in that case, and that court has indicated that the decision of this court in the present matter will factor into its decision,” wrote Pattis’ law partner, Kevin Smith, in a motion to Bellis on Wednesday.
Pattis had already informed U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Kelly in an emergency motion to remain on the sedition case that Bellis was “unlikely” to delay Pattis’ suspension, in which case Pattis intended to ask Connecticut Supreme Court for an emergency delay.
Kelly had not ruled on Pattis’ emergency motion by Thursday morning.
Despite Pattis’ tweet suggesting that his six months off from practicing law “sounds good about now,” he appealed to Bellis on Wednesday to delay his suspension, saying that it was taking a toll on him.
Pattis noted that he has “taken down his blog page, and letters of notice have gone out to all of his clients.”
“(T)he injury (Pattis) has suffered and would continue to suffer as a result of immediate implementation of the suspension order is easily calculable and its weight grows by the day like so much interest,” Smith wrote to Bellis on Thursday.
Bellis' refusal to delay Pattis' suspension is the latest fallout from the $1.5 billion in defamation judgments awarded to Sandy Hook families after jury trials in Texas and Connecticut last year. The judgments, which plunged Jones into personal bankruptcy, are being appealed.
Pattis told Hearst Connecticut Media shortly after the Connecticut trial concluded that he was at a crossroads as a result of representing Jones.
The suspension is the first discipline on Pattis’ 30-year record.
“Next stop, Supreme Court,” Pattis tweeted.
Reach Rob Ryser at rryser@newstimes.com or 203-731-3342

CT Appellate Court granted NP 10 day postponement of suspension of his law license, according to this report.

Does anyone know if JS motion to have case moved to Hartford was decided by the court? Here's an article in CT Law Trib about it--

“The law is clear,” Schoenhorn said. “You must be tried in the judicial district where the crime is alleged to have occurred. … They’ve illegally manipulated the case to have it be down in Stamford, and they’re just holding on to it.”

Beyond that, Schoenhorn said the location isn’t what’s important here.

“Legally and constitutionally, I believe it should be in Hartford, but that’s not the point of my motion,” Schoenhorn said. “The motion is not a backdoor way of getting a change of venue. It’s based on the fact that these two, maybe three, troopers engaged in misconduct, and the state should not get any kind of reward for following through with that misconduct.”

A hearing is set for November for the judge to rule on the motions.
^^bbm

If I recall correctly, Attorney JLS couldn't put together a worthy argument for the case to be moved to Hartford. In Feb 2020, it was the first issue he brought up when he was retained by MT but his argument on that date was pre-trial publicity and not that Stamford did not have standing as the proper venue for the case.

2/5/2020

In his first move as Troconis’ lawyer, Schoenhorn filed a motion to have the case transferred to the Judicial District of Hartford, citing possible “prejudicial publicity” in Fairfield County as one of the reasons.

“The Stamford-Norwalk Judicial District is saturated with the New York City media market, the chances of prejudicial publicity are greater in Stamford, which has little nexus to the crimes charged, of the defendant than the proper judicial district, namely Hartford,” Schoenhorn wrote in his motion.

Schoenhorn said the charges against his client stem from incidents the police say occurred in the Hartford area.

“Although the state alleges this crime occurred in the town of New Canaan, the set of facts set forth in the arrest warrant affidavit in support of probable cause claim that the conduct only occurred in Hartford, East Granby and Farmington, all of which are within the Hartford Judicial District,” Schoenhorn wrote in support of changing venue.

Schoenhorn also asked for a court order to transfer all discovery material from Bowman, who did not respond to a request for comment on Wednesday afternoon.

ETA: And by August 2020, Schoenhorn next eluded to MT being arraigned in the wrong court the reason why her bond conditions were unfair and why he was going to CT appellate to get her bond conditions relaxed and fighting for the GPS monitor removed since MT was not a flight risk!

8/24/2020

He also argues that his client was arraigned in the wrong courthouse in the wrong judicial district, and therefore the conditions of release were determined improperly.

Schoenhorn claims evidence against Troconis doesn't support the bond conditions.
He argues state police falsely stated the number of stops Troconis made along Albany Avenue in Hartford with Fotis Dulos in the arrest warrant alleging the pair discarded evidence in trash cans there.

Last edited:
^^bbm

If I recall correctly, Attorney JLS couldn't put together a worthy argument for the case to be moved to Hartford. In Feb 2020, it was the first issue he brought up when he was retained by MT but his argument on that date was pre-trial publicity and not that Stamford did not have standing as the proper venue for the case.

2/5/2020

In his first move as Troconis’ lawyer, Schoenhorn filed a motion to have the case transferred to the Judicial District of Hartford, citing possible “prejudicial publicity” in Fairfield County as one of the reasons.

“The Stamford-Norwalk Judicial District is saturated with the New York City media market, the chances of prejudicial publicity are greater in Stamford, which has little nexus to the crimes charged, of the defendant than the proper judicial district, namely Hartford,” Schoenhorn wrote in his motion.

Schoenhorn said the charges against his client stem from incidents the police say occurred in the Hartford area.

“Although the state alleges this crime occurred in the town of New Canaan, the set of facts set forth in the arrest warrant affidavit in support of probable cause claim that the conduct only occurred in Hartford, East Granby and Farmington, all of which are within the Hartford Judicial District,” Schoenhorn wrote in support of changing venue.

Schoenhorn also asked for a court order to transfer all discovery material from Bowman, who did not respond to a request for comment on Wednesday afternoon.

ETA: And by August 2020, Schoenhorn next eluded to MT being arraigned in the wrong court the reason why her bond conditions were unfair and why he was going to CT appellate to get her bond conditions relaxed and fighting for the GPS monitor removed since MT was not a flight risk!

8/24/2020

He also argues that his client was arraigned in the wrong courthouse in the wrong judicial district, and therefore the conditions of release were determined improperly.

Schoenhorn claims evidence against Troconis doesn't support the bond conditions.
He argues state police falsely stated the number of stops Troconis made along Albany Avenue in Hartford with Fotis Dulos in the arrest warrant alleging the pair discarded evidence in trash cans there.

Schoenhorn claims evidence against Troconis doesn't support the bond conditions. He argues state police falsely stated the number of stops Troconis made along Albany Avenue in Hartford with Fotis Dulos in the arrest warrant alleging the pair discarded evidence in trash cans there.

State Targets Lawyer for Fotis Dulos Lover Michelle Troconis (lawandcrime.com)

“According to the state’s motion, a subsequent conversation with Bowman, Troconis’s first attorney, revealed that Bowman had given the banker’s box to Schoenhorn. Bowman indicated that he “did not receive the box from the defendant,” the motion states, and he could not recall who gave it to him. He suggested that perhaps Norm Pattis, Fotis Dulos’ firebrand attorney at the time of his death, had handed the material to him; again, he wasn’t sure.”

The article doesn’t say if LE interviewed Pattis on whether he gave the sweatshirt etc. to Bowman. If that were so, IMO NP has a lot more to worry about than a 6-month suspension of his law license. IMO, couldn’t that be deemed tampering with evidence, hindering prosecution—same crime Fotis and MT were first arrested for? In my humble speculation—did Bowman bow out because he didn’t want to be in possession of that evidence because he knew it could jeopardize his law license? (Crime/fraud exception to aattorney-client privilege) And when and by whom did the DNA on the sweatshirt and tools get tested?

Awaiting a repeat of this:

View attachment 395684
image from WJAR

Wonder how Atty Bowman feels about all this?
Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but it’s my belief that Bowman knows what awaits MT, and it isn’t going to be a one-way trip back to sunny South America. To me, he looked extremely saddened at that hearing after she was charged with conspiracy to commit murder. I think he was hoping that they didn’t have the evidence to bring this particular charge.

State Targets Lawyer for Fotis Dulos Lover Michelle Troconis (lawandcrime.com)

“According to the state’s motion, a subsequent conversation with Bowman, Troconis’s first attorney, revealed that Bowman had given the banker’s box to Schoenhorn. Bowman indicated that he “did not receive the box from the defendant,” the motion states, and he could not recall who gave it to him. He suggested that perhaps Norm Pattis, Fotis Dulos’ firebrand attorney at the time of his death, had handed the material to him; again, he wasn’t sure.”

The article doesn’t say if LE interviewed Pattis on whether he gave the sweatshirt etc. to Bowman. If that were so, IMO NP has a lot more to worry about than a 6-month suspension of his law license. IMO, couldn’t that be deemed tampering with evidence, hindering prosecution—same crime Fotis and MT were first arrested for? In my humble speculation—did Bowman bow out because he didn’t want to be in possession of that evidence because he knew it could jeopardize his law license? (Crime/fraud exception to aattorney-client privilege) And when and by whom did the DNA on the sweatshirt and tools get tested?
I always assumed that Bowman bowed out because he thought she needed a different type of attorney for the next phase of this for MT, with the new charges. It’s pretty common, I think.

Nearly four years since Jennifer Dulos vanished on May 24, 2019, the New Canaan mother still hasn't been found and the criminal cases connected with her death and disappearance remain pending.

After her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos, died by suicide in January 2020 while facing murder and other charges, his former girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, and his former attorney, Kent Mawhinney, appear headed for trial in the case.

Video shows Troconis in a pickup truck on Albany Avenuein Hartford with Fotis Dulos on the night his estranged wife was reported missing. Fotis Dulos can be seen in the video dumping bags in trash bins along the busy city street. Investigators retrieved some of the bags, which they said contained the blood and DNA of Jennifer Dulos, a 50-year-old mother of five who was involved in an acrimonious two-year divorce and custody battle with Fotis Dulos. He was charged with her murder on Jan. 7, 2020, but died by suicide about three weeks later.

The cases against Troconis are still pending. But court proceedings have switched from focusing on arguments over evidence to disputes over the behavior of the attorneys in the case. Troconis is due back in the Superior Court of Stamford on Feb. 23.

As further details are emerging on the Ana Walshe case I am becoming more convinced that FD disposed of Jennifer in a similar manner in the dumpsters/trash receptacles along his route through Hartford. I believe they were picked up and disposed of at the incinerator where they were searching. There was an attempt to retrieve remnants at the shredders prior to the incinerator but they were not able to find Jennifer's body and/or body parts. Thinking BW had the same rage as FD when he attacked his wife NYD. If this is the case then MT can easily deny knowing what was being disposed and being an accessory. Correct?

As further details are emerging on the Ana Walshe case I am becoming more convinced that FD disposed of Jennifer in a similar manner in the dumpsters/trash receptacles along his route through Hartford. I believe they were picked up and disposed of at the incinerator where they were searching. There was an attempt to retrieve remnants at the shredders prior to the incinerator but they were not able to find Jennifer's body and/or body parts. Thinking BW had the same rage as FD when he attacked his wife NYD. If this is the case then MT can easily deny knowing what was being disposed and being an accessory. Correct?

This is what I always thought happened to Jennifer’s remains-and think BW patterned his (alleged) crime on what fD did. I can’t imagine how painful it is for Gloria F. if she is aware of Ana Walshe’s murder.

I don’t know how easily MT can deny knowing what was being disposed of; she was with fD all Friday afternoon, “cleaning” (cleaning what? Not the house, because fD had a lot of evidence to get rid of and wasn’t in there), and playing “hide PG’s truck and keys, she went with him to Albany Ave, when she could have easily stayed home, and finally, she helped fD take PG’s truck to get detailed. Even a stupid person would ask some questions, with all of that stuff going on. She can’t, in my opinion, answer any of the attendant questions, and still maintain “plausible deniability”.

Last edited:
I don’t know how easily MT can deny knowing what was being disposed of; she was with fD all Friday afternoon, “cleaning” (cleaning what? Not the house, because fD had a lot of evidence to get rid of and wasn’t in there), and playing “hide PG’s truck and keys, she went with him to Albany Ave, when she could have easily stayed home, and finally, she helped fD take PG’s truck to get detailed. Even a stupid person would ask some questions, with all of that stuff going on. She can’t, in my opinion, answer any of the attendant questions, and still maintain “plausible deniability”.
Don't forget -- she took some time for the Tacoma hula.

Time might be her friend in dodging trial, but not here. We remember.

JMO

By her own statement, she was cleaning the house -- and iirc "not cleaning Jennifer."

Such interesting word choice, imho, interesting word choice....

I was thinking of exactly this, when I wrote my comment.
Let's not forget MT picked up Toutzaridis' "alibi call" which was supposed to put fD at home during the murder (see Stamford Advocate July 31, 2022 reporting fD's text to Tout the day before the murder). The timing of Tout's call coincidentally lined up with MT ending a chat with another mysterious person and these calls happened just as Jennifer Dulos was about to be being murdered. I hope Mawhinney's recollection of him and MT milling around waiting for Tout's call, neither one wanting to pick up but then finally MT does, fills in the timeline nicely, IMO.

Adding to the pile of electronic evidence, the link below reported that the Feds picked up Tout's cellphone during his visit to fD's house in Farmington. This was widely reported in August of 2022. Lots of great police work on this case. The conspiracy to commit murder charge sticks, even if the sweatshirt gets thrown out, IMO. The cleaning Jennifer slip is all I need to know about what MT was doing. MOO.

Did LE go through FD, MT, etc. computers and searches the way it was done for Ana Walshe's murder investigation? Not much has been mentioned about it.

fD's phone, I think so. Remember, though, that technology and LE working technology has changed since 2019.

MT has asked for her phone back, so at least LE briefly checked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spudxii