Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always laugh at this part --extra copies in the brief case. :rolleyes:

from the MSM link:

The affidavit states: 'The Alibi Script was an outline of the activities of Troconis and Dulos for the dates 05/14/19 and 05/25/19 laid out in approximately hourly increments. The original, handwritten Alibi Script was recovered from a trash bin in [Dulos's business] the Fore Group office and photocopies were in a briefcase.'

I am amazed that the judge thinks MT’s trial will run for two months-that seems like a very long time. The prosecution must have quite a lot of evidence, and many witnesses to call. The conspiracy trial of Charlie Adelson in Florida only went on for a couple of weeks.

I am amazed that the judge thinks MT’s trial will run for two months-that seems like a very long time. The prosecution must have quite a lot of evidence, and many witnesses to call. The conspiracy trial of Charlie Adelson in Florida only went on for a couple of weeks.

Actually it lasted a week - 7 days. Day 8 closing arguments... :)

11/3/23

The former attorney charged with conspiracy to commit murder in the disappearance and presumed death of Jennifer Dulos will have to keep wearing his GPS ankle monitor while out on bond. A judge denied Kent Mawhinney’s request to have the device removed Friday afternoon, according to the Stamford Superior Court clerk.

The court appearance came after Mawhinney and his attorney, Jeffrey Kestenband, missed a hearing on the motion last week because they were in the wrong courtroom.

In the newest motion to remove GPS monitoring, Kestenband said Mawhinney is not a flight risk. The motion stated that his immediate family lives in Connecticut, he has no passport, and he doesn’t know any foreign languages. It also said the case has garnered so much attention, Mawhinney would be recognizable anywhere if he tried to flee. The motion also pointed out that he’s traveled outside Connecticut multiple times with the court’s permission and had no violations.

The ankle bracelet has caused “undue embarrassment and anxiety” to Mawhinney and interfered with employment opportunities, according to the motion. It said Mawhinney has the ability to teach power skating lessons to teenage ice hockey players, but the bracelet prevents him from being able to wear an ice skate. Mawhinney previously requested the bracelet’s removal so he could get a job as a referee for local ice hockey games, but that motion was denied.
Sounds like Mawhinney is trying and failing while using the same approach as Troconis did (successfully). Maybe he should start claiming it is inhibiting his social activities in Aspen and Vail.

from the MSM link:

The affidavit states: 'The Alibi Script was an outline of the activities of Troconis and Dulos for the dates 05/14/19 and 05/25/19 laid out in approximately hourly increments. The original, handwritten Alibi Script was recovered from a trash bin in [Dulos's business] the Fore Group office and photocopies were in a briefcase.'
If they used an All-in-One printer in the Fore offices to take the photocopies, I wonder if that information can be determined by looking at that equipment's memory. That could, for instance, indicate time and date the Alibi Script was created (such as before or after FD met with attorney Pyetranker, with whom he showed up at Stamford PD where his cellphone was taken by LE).

I"m particularly interested if the Alibi Script was created before the Albany Ave run... might a copy have been left somewhere for KM to pick up (FD called KM at the end of that Albany Ave run and there must have been a reason why)?

If they used an All-in-One printer in the Fore offices to take the photocopies, I wonder if that information can be determined by looking at that equipment's memory. That could, for instance, indicate time and date the Alibi Script was created (such as before or after FD met with attorney Pyetranker, with whom he showed up at Stamford PD where his cellphone was taken by LE).

I"m particularly interested if the Alibi Script was created before the Albany Ave run... might a copy have been left somewhere for KM to pick up (FD called KM at the end of that Albany Ave run and there must have been a reason why)?
The alibi scripts were hand written and LE determined it was MT's handwriting. LE found the originals in the office trash. I'm not recalling that FD had his own separate from MT. IMO, they settled on a final version and made photocopies.

The alibi scripts were hand written and LE determined it was MT's handwriting. LE found the originals in the office trash. I'm not recalling that FD had his own separate from MT. IMO, they settled on a final version and made photocopies.
IMO, the Alibi Scripts were created by MT and intended exclusively for MT. They reflect primarily MT's claimed physical movements and cellphone activity that day and include FD only in relation to what MT was claiming to have been doing. IMO, MT created these for the same reason she took her photo with Marty, the store robot - to document an alibi trail which demonstrated her own distance from activities involving JFD's disappearance, and thus her innocence. I seriously wonder whether FD even knew about these Alibi Scripts until LE found them and documented them in the Arrest Warrants. Does anyone know whether there was any evidence that FD knew about the Alibi Scripts before then?

(ETA: I'd be curious to know how many photocopies of the Alibi Script were in the briefcase... and could that number correspond to a number of individuals with whom MT claimed to have interacted on her activity and cellphone logs?... such as people she claimed to have called, but then disconnected before answering around the time JFD was killed?)

MT didn't expect that LE would investigate closely enough (such as to look for and obtain the Albany Ave evidence - which they might have missed had FD not visited and handed over his cellphone to LE on 5/25), or that PG would say anything that might implicate MT or challenge her claims about the activities that day in any way, to disprove anything in her Alibi Script.

FD's strategy was different. He left his phone at home and had a friend (AT) call it (with MT answering) around the time JFD was attacked to give the appearance FD was in the Fore offices in that timeframe. He used the employee's vehicle to drive to New Canaan and back so any physical evidence within that might connect JFD and Farmington would connect to the employee rather than FD. He deleted cellphone activity from the employee's phone and suggested the employee lie to LE and destroy evidence in the employee's vehicle.

(ETA: In the event that the Toyota Tacoma was detected in New Canaan AND a connection made to JFD's disappearance...) FD was setting his employee up as the person who drove to New Canaan and killed JFD. FD didn't expect that LE would investigate closely enough or that PG would say anything that might implicate FD to disprove the evidence FD was setting up to point the finger at PG instead of himself. FD's strategy was to keep his mouth shut, act indignant and above-it-all whenever anyone suggested he might have something to do with JFD's disappearance (despite the vast evidence of serious and escalating conflict between FD and JFD and of court-process-abuse of JFD and her family), and employ diversions to point the finger at PG - who he expected would be so intimidated to keep his employment that he would commit crimes (lie to LE, destroy evidence) to serve that purpose, all while failing to recognize that FD was pointing the finger at PG.

Once PG was talking, LE had evidence that it was FD in that Toyota Tacoma and not PG, and LE had the Albany Ave evidence linking FD and MT to JFD's DNA evidence and the garbage bags which contained it, FD knew he was sunk.

MT has greater confidence that her lies, bullying, physical appearance, and sexual powers will free her regardless of the evidence. While FD employed some of the same tactics, he eventually could detect that his goose was cooked.

He apparently had a better nose for that than his girlfriend did.

Last edited:
I do struggle a little with the issue of fD using PG’s truck to commit the murder. I mean, of course he didn’t want his own truck to be seen anywhere near Jennifer’s house. But PG was driving that truck, and could tell the police exactly where he was driving, and when. If there were cameras that caught fD driving PG’s truck, then there were also cameras that caught fD’s Raptor, with PG driving it, not near Jennifer’s house. How was fD going to deal with that?

I do struggle a little with the issue of fD using PG’s truck to commit the murder. I mean, of course he didn’t want his own truck to be seen anywhere near Jennifer’s house. But PG was driving that truck, and could tell the police exactly where he was driving, and when. If there were cameras that caught fD driving PG’s truck, then there were also cameras that caught fD’s Raptor, with PG driving it, not near Jennifer’s house. How was fD going to deal with that?
I don't think FD intended to frame PG. He just needed an older vehicle that wasn't his.

The whole set up was JFd going missing from the park -- while FD appeared to be hard at work elsewhere.

He didn't anticipate the truck being captured on bus cam. Imagine if it hadn't been! Imagine if he'd been successful in abducting JFd from her home without blood loss! He brought zip ties for a reason. He didn't bring paper towels. The crime scene was nene supposed to be her house! It was supposed to be the park....

The truck. Where he parked it. His bike. The hoodie. His phone back at the house. The call from Greece. MT, who had ONE job. The zip ties.

It was (wicked but) clever. If it had worked.

JMO

I don't think FD intended to frame PG. He just needed an older vehicle that wasn't his.

The whole set up was JFd going missing from the park -- while FD appeared to be hard at work elsewhere.

He didn't anticipate the truck being captured on bus cam. Imagine if it hadn't been! Imagine if he'd been successful in abducting JFd from her home without blood loss! He brought zip ties for a reason. He didn't bring paper towels. The crime scene was nene supposed to be her house! It was supposed to be the park....

The truck. Where he parked it. His bike. The hoodie. His phone back at the house. The call from Greece. MT, who had ONE job. The zip ties.

JMO
He may not have meant to frame PG, but he must have known that he himself would be heavily scrutinized in his soon-to-be ex-wife’s disappearance. And so would any vehicle to which he had access. They found PG’s truck on various videos pretty easily, even with the doctored plates. I guess where I was going with this is that even in fD’s mind it could have been only a matter of time before PG was questioned-he could prove he was at the other house in New Canaan, leaving the only other culprit to be fD. I am not sure I’m explaining this too well. I guess what I am saying is that fD’s plan was needlessly complicated-and they still managed to charge him. Of course, there was some luck at play here, too. Like the fact that he and MT brought their phones on the Albany Ave trip, and the fact that fD freely handed over his phone when the officer asked to see it. But on that day, the police were already suspicious of him, and rightly so.

He may not have meant to frame PG, but he must have known that he himself would be heavily scrutinized in his soon-to-be ex-wife’s disappearance. And so would any vehicle to which he had access. They found PG’s truck on various videos pretty easily, even with the doctored plates. I guess where I was going with this is that even in fD’s mind it could have been only a matter of time before PG was questioned-he could prove he was at the other house in New Canaan, leaving the only other culprit to be fD. I am not sure I’m explaining this too well. I guess what I am saying is that fD’s plan was needlessly complicated-and they still managed to charge him. Of course, there was some luck at play here, too. Like the fact that he and MT brought their phones on the Albany Ave trip, and the fact that fD freely handed over his phone when the officer asked to see it. But on that day, the police were already suspicious of him, and rightly so.
We know LE found the doctored plates in the storm sewer drain along Albany Ave and that the plates were doctored from plates for FD’s older - 2015 I think - black Chev Suburban (which was no longer actively registered).

Do we know that the doctored plates were used on the Toyota Tacoma? I have never seen evidence of that, so the question remains open for me WHICH vehicle FD and MT intended the doctored plates for. Another open question for me: if they were done using the plates for their intended purpose(s), why were they tucked inside a FedEx type cardboard envelope in a storm drain sewer rather than thrown In a distant dumpster? The method of concealment/protection plus disposal they used seems to me like an attempt to leave them for someone else to later pick up for use.

We know LE found the doctored plates in the storm sewer drain along Albany Ave and that the plates were doctored from plates for FD’s older - 2015 I think - black Chev Suburban (which was no longer actively registered).

Do we know that the doctored plates were used on the Toyota Tacoma? I have never seen evidence of that, so the question remains open for me WHICH vehicle FD and MT intended the doctored plates for. Another open question for me: if they were done using the plates for their intended purpose(s), why were they tucked inside a FedEx type cardboard envelope in a storm drain sewer rather than thrown In a distant dumpster? The method of concealment/protection plus disposal they used seems to me like an attempt to leave them for someone else to later pick up for use.
We don’t know that for sure, but that is my supposition. The only other possibility as far as I am concerned, is that fD lent them to KM for some reason, but I just don’t think so. I really do think they were on PG’s Tacoma truck.

from the MSM link:

Yeah, really-what did they even need “extra copies” for?

JMO

imho he would have picked up his kids (against court order) and been in Greece before the dust settles.

With or without MT, imho.

The children were the trophy he wanted to win in the divorce, along with the money their grandfather earned.

jmho ymmv lrr

imho he would have picked up his kids (against court order) and been in Greece before the dust settles.

With or without MT, imho.

The children were the trophy he wanted to win in the divorce, along with the money their grandfather earned.

jmho ymmv lrr
I think he did have a plan of taking the kids out of the country. I am curious to know if there were plane tickets purchased. And I really want to know if there was one for MT. That would prove to me that she had knowledge “aforethought” of the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member