Recovered/Located CT - Robert Hoagland, 50, Newtown, 28 Jul 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is an opaque quality around the time Robert went missing, and how, that I don't like. Those who love him need to ask some searching questions, in my opinion.

Bumping, trying to keep Robert up top... It's a mystery why there's little info. Hope he's safe somewhere.

He would have to be missing for a number of years before his life insurance policy would come into play, by having him declared dead, unless there is a body.

In the meantime they can gain control of his assets and use them for their maintenance and upkeep in his absence.

Would he just have walked away from his life for a new one??? What would be the circumstances in his family where that would be an attractive option for him??

There are a couple of connections to the Sandy Hook shootings.

#1) When he was announced as missing a friend on FB stated something about a witness to the shooters escaping on ATV's leaving the school. Maybe ROBERT was that witness. But it never came up again.

#2) Robert was a real-estate appraiser in the area. The strange real-estate transactions in that area between 2009-2012 led many to suspect something was up.

#3) Robert worked part time for a law-firm in Bridgeport, CT. It was known that he was interested in becoming an expert witness.

#4) His wife, Lori Hoagland is a culinary teacher at Newtown High School. She works with Jeannette Manfredonia (wife of Chris Manfredonia who was briefly detained)

EDIT: Chris Manfredonia was briefly detained and his wife is Georgeann Manfredonia. They reside at 35 Charter Ridge Road in Sandy Hook. Georgeann is a parent-volunteer at Sandy Hook Elementary.

Lori Hoagland works at Newtown High School with Jeanette Manfredonia, the Biology Teacher. She is married to Robert Manfredonia and they reside at 16 Yogananda and have three children. The OTHER Manfredonia in the area is the former Newtown High School principal, Bill, who left in 2004 to teach in NYC.

Those are the connections that I have come up with.

Updates noted above to item #4.

The home right next door to Robert Hoaglands is up for sale and has been for a few months. It is empty and it appears the owners have dropped the price three times now to move it. Could Robert's body be hidden next door at the property? (in the basement or in the garage, etc.) Have investigators looked next door at all?

He would have to be missing for a number of years before his life insurance policy would come into play, by having him declared dead, unless there is a body.

In the meantime they can gain control of his assets and use them for their maintenance and upkeep in his absence.

Would he just have walked away from his life for a new one??? What would be the circumstances in his family where that would be an attractive option for him??

Hmm good question one could be his 23 year old son was living at home and had been arrested and in the court system a few times in the past few years, and two - his wife was on a solo ( no judgment) vaca in Turkey? Although I personally believe there was foul play, those are two things that could make someone want to leave life for a new one. :banghead:

No new posts AT ALL for finding hoagy since September 19.

It has now been over 3 months since Robert was last seen.

Summary of Search activity for missing man:

Month 1: no action
Month 2: huge activity via twitter, facebook, police, equisearch, dive team search in lake, handbills
Month 3: no action

http://www.wtnh.com/news/fairfield-cty/newtown-man-still-missing-after-4-months

Updated: Friday, November 22, 2013, 1:57 PM EST
Published: Friday, November 22, 2013, 1:57 PM EST

NEWTOWN, Conn. (WTNH) -- It's been a mystery for nearly four months now -- where is Robert Hoagland of Newtown?

Robert_Hoagland_2_20130731101229_640_480.JPG

I'm afraid it may be a case of where is he and who put him there at this stage.

I don't think he is voluntarily missing.

Poor Robert. Perhaps family will arrange a vigil for the six month anniversary. That might help keep his case in the news.

The appeal refers people to the helpusfindhoagie FB for more information.

You have to belong to FB to view the information on that page.

Under half the US population are on Facebook.
http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats26.htm

That means over half are not. There's a good chance that a large proportion of any people interested enough to look for more information, won't be able to see it. As the number of people prepared to actively help amongst those interested will be tiny anyway, it makes no sense to me that any missing person's FB page would ever have barriers to open viewing by all.

I wish this wouldn't happen, but it does, all the time. It's such a wasted opportunity.

I'm sure the local community would participate in public searches and vigils to help keep Robert's case in the news and maybe generate some tips. Family will have to take the lead in organizing them though - it will never happen otherwise.

The appeal refers people to the helpusfindhoagie FB for more information.

You have to belong to FB to view the information on that page.

Under half the US population are on Facebook.
http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats26.htm

That means over half are not. There's a good chance that a large proportion of any people interested enough to look for more information, won't be able to see it. As the number of people prepared to actively help amongst those interested will be tiny anyway, it makes no sense to me that any missing person's FB page would ever have barriers to open viewing by all.

I wish this wouldn't happen, but it does, all the time. It's such a wasted opportunity.

I'm sure the local community would participate in public searches and vigils to help keep Robert's case in the news and maybe generate some tips. Family will have to take the lead in organizing them though - it will never happen otherwise.

Also, a huge thing to keep in mind is this.... Not only do you have to be a member of Facebook to see the link, you also need to be "approved" by sending a request for that page to even comment on it if you do have a lead, etc. One person commented early on (on that page), is that why would someone need to be "approved" to comment on that page. It should just be an open forum to talk/discuss the case.

Very strange.

The other thing is this....some members of that group have been "banned" and removed from having access to that page because of uncomfortable questions that have been raised.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back