Recovered/Located CT - Robert Hoagland, 50, Newtown, 28 Jul 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Six-months-after-Newtown-man-s-disappearance-no-5218083.php

Denis J. O'Malley
Published 10:59 pm, Saturday, February 8, 2014

NEWTOWN -- Had it not included the last documented sighting of Robert Hoagland in more than six months, the morning of July 28 might have been a rather mundane one.

Hoagland -- or, Hoagie, as his family calls him -- started out early, heading into town before 7 a.m. to pick up bagels and put gas in his Volkswagen Golf, then returning home to Glen Road to split breakfast with his son Max.

'middle son Max declined to participate'

That's a great shame as he he could have made the interview much more informative, being the last known person to see his dad alive. I wonder why he didn't feel he could help, when the rest of the family were willing to try?

'middle son Max declined to participate'

That's a great shame as he he could have made the interview much more informative, being the last known person to see his dad alive. I wonder why he didn't feel he could help, when the rest of the family were willing to try?

Maybe he's embarrassed because all of his dirty laundry was aired when his dad went missing. Or maybe he feels like some people blame him for his dad being missing.

@ HesterMofet :This is the first post and group of theories that makes total sense to me. Poor Robert. Hope someone's conscience is working overtime.

I don't think Robert did head CA way after all. Maybe the search should stay closer to home....

Where are you, Robert?

"Are you going crazy?" .........."Discreetly, yes". Odd.

My aunt used to hide her wallet from her son and if we had a gathering there, she said to lock our purses in our trunk. My very personable and sweet cousin would steal money to buy drugs. Not saying this was happening here, but if he didn't normally do that, then there was a reason.

Recent article regarding Mr. Hoagland.....comments are now turned "off" and all the previous comments have been deleted. (Last I checked, there were 12 comments).

http://www.newstimes.com/local/arti...own-man-s-disappearance-no-5218083.php#page-2

Is this common to do?

I don't know for sure, but the fact that Mr. Hoagland disappeared from Newtown seems to bring out the worst in people. I've seen comments and discussion boards that hardly mention him at all but instead become forums to discuss conspiracy theories about what "really" happened at the Sandy Hook school, including one guy who claimed the disappearance was an attempt by the "liberal media" to forward some alleged gun control issue. I feel terrible for Hoagland's family that they're being treated like this. It must be incredibly hard.

I'm just now reading this thread, and had a thought:

Could the father have given his son $600 to 'help' him disappear?

JMO .... MOO

I didn't know this...

Not only is Lt. Paul Vance the Department Spokesman/Media Relations Commander of the Connecticut State Police, he's also the Commanding Officer State Police Missing Person Unit.

It has been 269 days since Robert Hoagland was last seen. His Facebook group page hasn't been updated since 12/7/13. There has been nothing recently in the news. The Twitter account created to help find him has a total of 28 tweets since his disappearance. That comes out to one tweet for every 9.6 days missing. Hardly an effort has been put forth in my opinion. Sad.

I'm new to this so if I am out of line I apologize. I have had a son living in my house that was on drugs. At one point my husband and I were hiding our wallets in the freezer, inside the laundry hamper, on top of the grandfather clock. I'm sure you all see where I am going with this. Behind a doll in a bedroom would be appropriate if you had someone in the house on drugs. We also on several occasions had money taken out of the ATM with our cards by our son. It has been reported that Robert took out 600.00 the day before he went missing. Do we know that it was Robert that took the money out ? What if Robert discovered the money missing and there was a confrontation ? What if it wasn't Robert that withdrew the money ?
Did the police pull video on the ATM ?

This case has bothered me often...I do not believe he is alive. Just my gut feeling...I also think the son in question knows more than he admits. What will it take to have a break in this case? His oldest 2 sons seem like great guys who love their dad. sad sad sad.

It has been 269 days since Robert Hoagland was last seen. His Facebook group page hasn't been updated since 12/7/13. There has been nothing recently in the news. The Twitter account created to help find him has a total of 28 tweets since his disappearance. That comes out to one tweet for every 9.6 days missing. Hardly an effort has been put forth in my opinion. Sad.

And how or why could this be?

:scared:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413