Still Missing CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019 *arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Valley Independent Sentinel
30 mins ·
From Ansonia police, regarding missing child Vanessa Morales and the killing of her mother, Christine Holloway:

"We are not at the point where we will be releasing any suspect or person of interest information.

The investigation is continuing and we are building a strong case to bring the investigation to a successful conclusion.

Thank you to all the members of the community and surrounding cities and towns who have provided information and support in our efforts to arrest the person who murdered Christine and bring baby Vanessa home."

Tips: FBI: 203 503 5555

Ansonia PD: 203 735 1885"

Looks like this may have legitimately been a leak - LE isn't confirming, yet.

"Valley Independent Sentinel
30 mins ·
From Ansonia police, regarding missing child Vanessa Morales and the killing of her mother, Christine Holloway:

"We are not at the point where we will be releasing any suspect or person of interest information.

The investigation is continuing and we are building a strong case to bring the investigation to a successful conclusion.

Thank you to all the members of the community and surrounding cities and towns who have provided information and support in our efforts to arrest the person who murdered Christine and bring baby Vanessa home."

Tips: FBI: 203 503 5555

Ansonia PD: 203 735 1885"

Looks like this may have legitimately been a leak - LE isn't confirming, yet.
Oh yeah, that was worded in a way that indicated it wasn’t an official statement from law enforcement.

Behind the scenes they are treating him as a suspect, but they aren’t publicly stating that yet.

Blunt trauma is physical trauma to a body part, either by impact, injury or physical attack. The latter is usually referred to asblunt force trauma. ... Blunt trauma is contrasted with penetrating trauma, in which an object such as a projectile or knife enters the body.
Just an FYI

Normally I’d expect the child to be alive, as the grievance was against the mother.

Everything about this reeks of rage and emotion though, and the result of that is panic.

The person who killed the mother, also had her daughter. If he was caught with her, then he must be the killer.

Coupled with the fact that this child has yet to be found, then everything about this looks like a double murder to me.

Thanks for the reply. I understand and I’m thinking the same just was trying to hold out hope as a father he would have a paternal instinct. As someone who had had spousal abuse I could imagine my ex harming me but not my children. That’s the hope I had .

Police have not publicly released any suspect or person of interest in the case and would not again Friday, despite some media reports that a suspect has been named.

“We are not at the point where we will be releasing any suspect or person of interest information,” Lt. Patrick Lynch said in a statement. “The investigation is continuing and we are building a strong case to bring the investigation to a successful conclusion.”

Police have repeatedly said Jose Morales, Vanessa's father, has cooperated with the investigation but he was arrested by New Haven police last week on felony weapons charges unrelated to the murder or his missing daughter, police said. He remained in custody Friday in lieu of $250,000 bond.
Ansonia police, FBI continue search for missing 1-year-old Vanessa Morales

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back