Current Leads; Facts and Updates.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Two different people
Jay C from Craigslist is one lead. Mother is aware he died.

Jason C from Facebook is another. Mother hasn't heard from him in many years and says the boy in the photos IS her son, born in 1977.

Both mothers are in contact with authorities. Case is NOT solved.

Edit: a third lead (less credible imho) is Jason Y, also from FB. Friends have called authorities, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like this mother knew nothing about this and just found out about it from her other son seeing the fb page and telling her...She posted her son saw it and told her....This mother was not called last night, yesterday or the day before or last week about her son...she is totally surprised at seeing photos that appear to be her son...

Classito

I'm just waking up to this news and I'm nearly in tears. This lead appears to be so credible. Sending all my love and prayers to the woman who posted on FB claiming to be the mother. This is going to be such an emotional journey for her. I need a few moments to process all of this! No words! Wow!

I believe the mother is saying the recent released photos are her son...We do not know if that Jason is the same that was in the wreck...How heart wrenching for her to see this...Now believing her son is dead although he might not be...Sad all the way around..

Classito

STOP!

Between last night and this morning, I've spent over three hours cleaning up the mess around here. That doesn't include the time I worked on it yesterday morning, and the day before. Many of you have messaged me requesting that the forum not be shut down. Trust me, no one wants that to happen, but it is an option if things don't settle down.

When you see what you believe is misinformation, use the ALERT feature. DO NOT reply, and DO NOT challenge the other poster.

You can politely ask for an explanation, and if you don't get one that is satisfactory, ALERT the post, or send a pm to a mod/admin.

Whether you realize it or not, when you respond/engage/argue, you become a part of the problem by contributing to the dissemination of rumors.

I believe the mother is saying the recent released photos are her son...We do not know if that Jason is the same that was in the wreck...How heart wrenching for her to see this...Now believing her son is dead although he might not be...Sad all the way around..

Classito

This is what I'm understanding as well.

Classito

Yes, we have no confirmation of anything except that this woman believes she recognizes her son in the "Jason" photographs. We don't even know if "Jason" in those photographs is dead or alive. Never mind whether or not he is the Grateful Doe.

Sorry we have kept you so busy, Bessie! I think I can speak for everyone when I say how much it is appreciated.

Yes! I am very sorry too, Bessie !
I was just trying to clear up whether we have 1 or 2 leads but maybe I was a bit rough around the edges :)
Think I'm just going to be a lurker for the rest of the day...
:silenced:

bessie is amazing and I appreciate how hard it has been to slog through all of this. I am just as swept up in all of this emotion-it is hard not to be. I am incredibly sorry for having contributed.

So, we have 2 moms that say this is her son Jason that is missing. One contacted a poster in response to the CL ad and the other posted in response to the FB pics. I think that's correct? How sad that 2 sons are missing. Do we know if both moms are in contact with the proper LE?

So, we have 2 moms that say this is her son Jason that is missing. One contacted a poster here in response to the CL ad and the other posted in response to the FB pics. I think that's correct? How sad that 2 sons are missing. Do we know if both moms are in contact with the proper LE?

That mom on FB has contacted authorities and the ball is rolling.

Both are in contact
The CL mom knows her son died. So that Jay is not missing.

The FB post from the recent lead was deleted and I agree with that decision so that she isn't harassed(although it may be too late)

Both are in contact

The FB post from the recent lead was deleted and I agree with that decision so that she isn't harassed(although it may be too late)

I'm very glad it was deleted too, I just worry how many people saw it before it was.

DNA tests have greatly advanced in the last 2 years. That test alone won't take as long as it did yes ago. Paperwork will.

Hugs to the ME

Averagemommy, do you know if the ME informs family as soon as there is a credible match? The information that the family needs should not wait on "paperwork."

Both are in contact

To be clear, we dont really know anything about this lead and its veracity. Much of the discussion has been taken down unless I am mistaken. The FB lead we have seen and are following-for those of you who didnt get a chance to see it, it was there although it has been removed. All we can do is hope that this poor mom hasnt been trolled by anyone or at least wasnt before she spoke with investigators. :(

It is my hope that the mother of Grateful Doe, will find her way here and be able to take comfort in that although she was apart from her son for all these years, he was kept in the heart of many of us here for years and years and never forgotten. I care not about the how or why's of how she got sepearted from her son. I only care that one less person in this world lies alone with out a name in death. Curiosity always pecks away at my mind wanting so many answers, but my heart reminds me those are not answers which are mine to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3