Dan Rassier: Former POI **Wrongly accused**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not forget what this man's life must have been like the last 5 1/2 years. Knowing what we know now....there are no words....

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/...-wetterling-abduction-wants-his-name-cleared/
DR is a victim in this investigation. Seems that back in 2004, whoever was leading the investigation really had it out for DR, enough so to seemingly make up false information.

Did they say that the tire tracks were from a bystander, then declare that Jacob was taken on foot so that DR would feel backed into a corner and confess?

Does not make sense with all that we know now, that so much time was focused on DR. I would feel very disillusioned if I was patty and jerry.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

It's very puzzling to me that they are not prepared to clear him yet. The one question I wish she would've asked Dan was... did you know Daniel Heinrich at all back in 89? I think it's a pretty obvious no... but it would start eliminating any reasons I can think of for not clearing him.

Because correcting any possible previous errors is probably number 774,482 on their 'things to do' list. Right now they seem to rightfully be focusing all of their attention on DJH.

I think when all is said and done DR will be rightfully cleared. The fact of the matter is the ONLY thing linking DR whatsoever to this abduction is the fact the abductor chose to do it at the end of his driveway. That is unless someone here is privy to otherwise not public information. I'll wait.

The problem is the belief a lot of people have that if the police look at somebody for something that means that they just must be connected somehow or at least "must have done something." That naive belief gets more people excused from jury duty (you're welcome) than likely any other because it has no basis in reality.

Police chase down not only dead but wrong ends all the time. That's part of their job, to investigate all possible avenues. That being said if every person ever looked at by police "must be guilty of something" there would be more convicts than free people in this country.

After 20 years the police got around to investigating the very unlikely possibility that DR may have abducted a boy on his very own property while leaving two neighborhood boys who had surely seen him before and would definitely see him again as witnesses. You'll notice five years has passed and we haven't heard one single thing from LE or anyone else about it since. People should just leave the guy alone.

The approach that Sheriff Sanner and the Department investigators took towards DR is a bit of a mystery within the greater mystery of Jacob's abduction.

If this initial direction of the investigation (looking for someone who had used a par parked in DR's driveway) ran into a series of dead ends, it would be reasonable to re-focus the investigation in a whole new direction. Certainly Kevin's story raised the possibility that the tire tracks they found were not from the abduction vehicle so the abductor could have been on foot (and therefore probably lived close to the scene). In light of the fact that the tire tracks and foot print matched Heinrich's, Heinrich should still have been considered the "prime suspect" and DR was, at best, a fall back long shot.

The question of why the Sheriff went after DR in the manner that clearly conveyed the presumption of guilt must be on the minds of many who have been following the case. There has been speculation that there is some evidence, damning to DR, that has been withheld. If this is the case, it would now be a good time to disclose this information since it would have serious bearing on the ongoing investigation of Heinrich. If it doesn't exist, it is now the time to publicly clear DR. If this issue isn't cleared up one way or the other, I would expect the voters of Stearns County to demand an explanation from their elected Sheriff.

It's very puzzling to me that they are not prepared to clear him yet. The one question I wish she would've asked Dan was... did you know Daniel Heinrich at all back in 89? I think it's a pretty obvious no... but it would start eliminating any reasons I can think of for not clearing him.

Dan was very educated, a musician, an athlete. I would doubt he ran in any crowd where one would find DH.

Dan was very educated, a musician, an athlete. I would doubt he ran in any crowd where one would find DH.

I agree...I just can't come up with many scenarios of why they still can't clear him given what they now know with Heinrich.

I agree...I just can't come up with many scenarios of why they still can't clear him given what they now know with Heinrich.

I don't think they "can't" clear him. Clearing him is just not the current priority. Worry about gathering evidence on DJH first and tying all the loose ends later.

Maybe one of his students confided in him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious as to why you still think DR is involved?
DR stated in interviews over the years that he knows more than he has ever released. In those same interviews, he stated that immunity was needed to give police all of the information he had. I'm curious if he finally spoke with police.

I want to be clear that I'm thrilled for DR. I think he brought most of the suspicion upon himseld over the years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DR stated in interviews over the years that he knows more than he has ever released. In those same interviews, he stated that immunity was needed to give police all of the information he had. I'm curious if he finally spoke with police.

I want to be clear that I'm thrilled for DR. I think he brought most of the suspicion upon himseld over the years.

Can you provide any documentation that DR ever asked for immunity? I know he has said that he could not go public with everything he knew but it was in the context of having given the all of the information to Law Enforcement.

I've never heard him mention immunity before. Link?

I wonder if SCSD left DR on the hook all these years hoping that DJH would think he was in the clear and offend again in a manner that would match the MO of Jacobs abduction..

That would mean that the SCSD not only was perfectly fine with tormenting an innocent man and pretty much ruining his life, but also on board with another child being molested and/or killed. Which, given what we know now maybe isn't as unlikely as it seems at face value :/

I think he brought most of the suspicion upon himseld over the years.

I don't agree, I think everything he said and did was looked upon with suspicion because he was publicly named as a POI. I think there was also some additional bias that people held, possibly subconsciously, due to his lisp and lack of dating women and this fed into their distrust of him. There's nothing in any of those interviews or in his mannerisms that struck me as being red flags. I doubt most of us would be as collected and "normal" seeming under the kind of intense scrutiny and suspicion he was subjected to for all of those years. He didn't get a chance to have a "normal" life in a lot of ways.

I feel extremely sad for his father. He never got a chance to see his son vindicated.

I never believed for once that dr had anything to do with it. It's a travesty to think that they had the real poi many many years ago and let him slip through...he goes on to do terrible things. Meanwhile they try to ruin an innocent man's life. The Wetterling's and the Rassier's should be furious!!!

I never believed for once that dr had anything to do with it. It's a travesty to think that they had the real poi many many years ago and let him slip through...he goes on to do terrible things. Meanwhile they try to ruin an innocent man's life. The Wetterling's and the Rassier's should be furious!!!
------------------------------------

It would be interesting to stand back and make a clear timeline of how the investigation was approached from start to finish. As has been pointed out here many times, there were numerous agencies involved in Jacob's case from the very beginning. Tire tracks, foot prints, witnesses, potential suspects, possible other victims connected to the case. Somehow in the midst of all this, Dan Heinrich, while on the radar, managed to continue with his *advertiser censored* pursuits and God knows what else. It appears that he did not remain the number one suspect in that the focus was re-directed to DR.

Question: Do you think DH had an accomplice that night, whether in the car or waiting elsewhere? Second question, I know the authorities are very busy at the moment, still, are they able to verify whether DR is still a POI?

It would be interesting to stand back and make a clear timeline of how the investigation was approached from start to finish. As has been pointed out here many times, there were numerous agencies involved in Jacob's case from the very beginning. Tire tracks, foot prints, witnesses, potential suspects, possible other victims connected to the case. Somehow in the midst of all this, Dan Heinrich, while on the radar, managed to continue with his *advertiser censored* pursuits and God knows what else. It appears that he did not remain the number one suspect in that the focus was re-directed to DR.

Question: Do you think DH had an accomplice that night, whether in the car or waiting elsewhere? Second question, I know the authorities are very busy at the moment, still, are they able to verify whether DR is still a POI?

I think you may be able to see online a picture of how many boxes they had of stuff related to Jacob. There were 10,000 tips in the beginning. Patty got fax machines for LE. I doubt if there was much with computers.

Think of how many molesters we have found out about and we have zero access to info.

LE died amd retired. Money and resources taken away and applied to other concerns.

Maybe from this someone will come up with or maybe they have a computer program to organize data so it can be accessed and be accessible instead of digging through cardboard boxes of hundreds of documents.

Now I do wonder if there wasn't some sort of communication between DH and DAH. Watching that newscast where they talked about DAH knowing DH's mom it made me remember something I thought about, but didn't post because I wasn't registered here yet. Early on, years back...I remember reading where they talked about the spots the kids partied in the woods near the DH property. I wondered who the go to guy was for getting the beer supply. Now that we know how DAH groomed his victims it wouldn't surprise me if he was someone that supplied booze or drugs to underage kids. If he knew DH was into stalking people he might have mentioned something about those spots. It wouldn't surprise me if everyone knew about those areas. Even the ones that lived in other towns close by. Word would probably get around.

DAH....DEH....DJH.......interesting confluence of initials.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust