Deceased/Not Found Danka Ilić, 1 year old, Bor, Serbia, 26 March 2024 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure if I understood it quite right. Does he think that the suspects are not the perpetrators and that somebody else is responsible for Danka's fate, or does he think that more people are involved than just the ones we know about ?

He said:
"Even if an indictment is filed and people are convicted,
for me this will still remain a big mystery.
I cannot come to terms with the fact that two people of such capacities and intellectual abilities managed to hide such a big secret in this way."

In other words,
IMO he doubts that these 2 suspects had the intellectual ability to pull such a crime all by themselves.
No DNA, hiding the body that cannot be traced, etc.

Well, that is my understanding.

But am I right? :rolleyes:

bbm
Ivan, Danka and her brother are 3 persons, not "two children". Where is the error?

Ivana + Danka + brother.
Mum and 2 kids.

I don't know why Google translated it in this awkward way :oops:

PS
OK girls
I don't know Serbian so I only depend on Google translator.

It does what it can poor thing,
but sometimes the text appears weird
despite its efforts.

And I know as much as you do about this tragic case.

Meaning: Not much.

JMO

Last edited:
Not sure if I understood it quite right. Does he think that the suspects are not the perpetrators and that somebody else is responsible for Danka's fate, or does he think that more people are involved than just the ones we know about ?

I found a recording of the interview (www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VeFtHlCgws - starts at 17:45). Disclaimer - I am considered fluent but I don't consider myself highly proficient.

What he seems to be saying is that he doesn't believe the two in custody are intellectually capable of committing the crime and keeping it a secret. He says he has spoken with some police officers who have spoken directly with the suspects and they agree.

He reiterates he doesn't think these people (the two in custody) could have kept the location of Danka's body secret for this amount of time. He personally thinks there is something more to it - that someone else is involved in this, whether it's kidnapping, or murder, or whatever it is, and this [what is alleged by police] isn't the truth and simply isn't realistic. That these two men, in this way, without Danka, that they could hide their tracks and not talk about the details, they simply don't have the capacity to do something like that.

He thinks a big mistake was made by police in the beginning and as time went on, it became harder to fix that mistake. He said police started in one direction initially and when officials suddenly came out with the two suspects and the story of what supposedly happened, he personally was surprised. And as time went on, he felt more uneasy about it.

Annoyingly, the show hosts kept interrupting/speaking over him at key points. But essentially, he seems to be saying the initial direction the police were going in and which media reported on in terms of the circumstances around Danka's disappearance (he chooses his words very carefully here but I believe he is alluding to the theory/rumors that the mother/parents were involved) seemed easier to prove. But then out of nowhere police switched to an entirely different set of circumstances and suspects, which he acknowledges is fine and does sometimes happen in investigations. However he states they did that here with no evidence, no trace, no witness and still no Danka which raises serious concerns. He thinks that was a mistake. He thinks police had a lot of public pressure to solve the disappearance and while they may have believed these men were involved, he thinks they rushed it and mistakes were made. He wishes police had given themselves more time to be totally certain as to what happened and gather clear evidence. He thinks that mistake will continue to impact this case.

I did not watch the entire program but I gathered the main topic of discussion was the ticking clock and whether there would be an indictment. It sounds like the entire panel, including this man, believe the two in custody will be indicted.

I found a recording of the interview (www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VeFtHlCgws - starts at 17:45). Disclaimer - I am considered fluent but I don't consider myself highly proficient.

What he seems to be saying is that he doesn't believe the two in custody are intellectually capable of committing the crime and keeping it a secret. He says he has spoken with some police officers who have spoken directly with the suspects and they agree.

He reiterates he doesn't think these people (the two in custody) could have kept the location of Danka's body secret for this amount of time. He personally thinks there is something more to it - that someone else is involved in this, whether it's kidnapping, or murder, or whatever it is, and this [what is alleged by police] isn't the truth and simply isn't realistic. That these two men, in this way, without Danka, that they could hide their tracks and not talk about the details, they simply don't have the capacity to do something like that.

He thinks a big mistake was made by police in the beginning and as time went on, it became harder to fix that mistake. He said police started in one direction initially and when officials suddenly came out with the two suspects and the story of what supposedly happened, he personally was surprised. And as time went on, he felt more uneasy about it.

Annoyingly, the show hosts kept interrupting/speaking over him at key points. But essentially, he seems to be saying the initial direction the police were going in and which media reported on in terms of the circumstances around Danka's disappearance (he chooses his words very carefully here but I believe he is alluding to the theory/rumors that the mother/parents were involved) seemed easier to prove. But then out of nowhere police switched to an entirely different set of circumstances and suspects, which he acknowledges is fine and does sometimes happen in investigations. However he states they did that here with no evidence, no trace, no witness and still no Danka which raises serious concerns. He thinks that was a mistake. He thinks police had a lot of public pressure to solve the disappearance and while they may have believed these men were involved, he thinks they rushed it and mistakes were made. He wishes police had given themselves more time to be totally certain as to what happened and gather clear evidence. He thinks that mistake will continue to impact this case.

I did not watch the entire program but I gathered the main topic of discussion was the ticking clock and whether there would be an indictment. It sounds like the entire panel, including this man, believe the two in custody will be indicted.
Do you know who the person being interviewed is? Is he an investigator, police or reporter? Has he worked on the case?

It sounds like this investigation has gone south. There is no physical evidence to link these men to Danka.

The comments following the linked article are interesting, Google translates them to English. It seems most of the people writing don’t believe the men who were arrested are guilty of a crime involving Danka. Many think the mother is involved & that Danka is alive. There are similar comments after other reports but this has more & they seem to believe similar circumstances that add up.

Do you know who the person being interviewed is? Is he an investigator, police or reporter? Has he worked on the case?

It sounds like this investigation has gone south. There is no physical evidence to link these men to Danka.

The comments following the linked article are interesting, Google translates them to English. It seems most of the people writing don’t believe the men who were arrested are guilty of a crime involving Danka. Many think the mother is involved & that Danka is alive. There are similar comments after other reports but this has more & they seem to believe similar circumstances that add up.

Post 238

"DETENTION EXTENDED FOR THE ACCUSED OF THE MURDER OF DANKA ILIC.

They remain behind bars for another 30 days,

awaiting the Court's decision on the confirmation of the indictment.

The Higher Public Prosecution in Zaječar
accused Dejan D. and Srđan J. of murdering a two-year-old girl
and proposed that they be sentenced to life
imprisonment.

The Court can confirm the indictment
or send it back to supplement the investigation.

Even if the indictment is returned for amendment,
the accused will not be released,
because it was filed within the legal term of six months,
which the accused can spend in custody until the indictment.

The body of the girl,
who was last seen on March 26,
has not been found
although more than 30 locations have been searched."

PS
Google Translator did its best to translate,
Well done! :)

Also,
Serbian "Blic" MSM is always on top of the news about Danka.

By the way,
the name "Danka" is popular in my country (Poland) too,
but it is diminutive form of the name "Danuta".
So...
Formal - Danuta
Informal - Danka or Danusia.

Danuta -
a female name, probably of Lithuanian origin, from the word "danutie"
(a combination of the meanings heaven and daughter)
or Latin, from the word "donata" (given by God).

It may also be derived from the South Slavic names Dana, Danka, Danica.

It means a child given by God.

Last edited:
Thank you to all who continue to update here.

I would like to hear more from both the Prosecution and Defense and also any evidence for alternative explanations for this child's disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaniMiranda82
Back