Darlie Supporters and Darin Routier

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jules said:
Umpa Lumpas are the little midgets in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. ;)
Ahhhhhh....I don't get to see too many kids shows anymore.

Goody said:
Ahhhhhh....I don't get to see too many kids shows anymore.
Well, Dahl's book is actually a little creepy for kids. I think Peter Pan is too, but that's irrevelant, isn't it? You didn't see Gene Wilder's version of Willy Wonka? It's from what, the early 70's?

Jules said:
Umpa Lumpas are the little midgets in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. ;)
How'd you get your signature to breathe?

beesy said:
Well, Dahl's book is actually a little creepy for kids. I think Peter Pan is too, but that's irrevelant, isn't it? You didn't see Gene Wilder's version of Willy Wonka? It's from what, the early 70's?
Why, of course, but 1970 was 35 years ago!! LOL! Goody forgot.

Goody said:
Why do you think Darin is or was a nerd? I don't see him in that light at all. I see a guy who likes to party trying to put his best foot forward to perform for people who aren't into that scene at all. He uses country charm, albeit a bit corny at times, to carry him through the unchartered areas. I don't know many nerds who do cocaine, smoke pot, and wear their hair in a shoulder length mullet. I think Darin thought himself to be cool, and Darlie on his arm only made him look cooler.

As for why she killed the boys, I think the motive was probably more involved than you indicate. I think they were both "living large" as Darin put it shortly after the murders and lost sight of what was important, or what should have been important.
I don't mean to laugh, Goody, but the mullet alone makes him a nerd...LOL. He may think he is cool, but I find him nerdy as hell myself, and I am 50. Any guy who falls for a bimbo like Darlie in the damn Sizzler steak house is a chump.

I agree, Cowgirl. Absolutely! I would also be willing to substitute the word "geek" for nerd. I could also go with "eeeeek" sometimes when I look at him and even more so when I have to listen to him. And please, don't anyone bash me for saying this but sometimes I actually feel a little sorry for him. He looks like a lost boy at times. One day he thought he had it all, and the next day two of his boys were dead. A few weeks later his wife was in jail and his 3rd son was taken away from him. Then he lost his house and all of his toys. I don't really know what he's doing now but I tend to think of him as a rather sad person who thought he had a lot and then lost it all. I still think he may have played a part in the cover-up but I don't think he took part in killing either of his boys. The whole story is just a tragedy from start to finish that didn't have to happen.

HeartofTexas said:
I agree, Cowgirl. Absolutely! I would also be willing to substitute the word "geek" for nerd. I could also go with "eeeeek" sometimes when I look at him and even more so when I have to listen to him. And please, don't anyone bash me for saying this but sometimes I actually feel a little sorry for him. He looks like a lost boy at times. One day he thought he had it all, and the next day two of his boys were dead. A few weeks later his wife was in jail and his 3rd son was taken away from him. Then he lost his house and all of his toys. I don't really know what he's doing now but I tend to think of him as a rather sad person who thought he had a lot and then lost it all. I still think he may have played a part in the cover-up but I don't think he took part in killing either of his boys. The whole story is just a tragedy from start to finish that didn't have to happen.
I have not followed it closely enough to be really sure about him, but my feeling is the same as yours. They are so tacky and tasteless and for him to cover up for her is like a whipped puppy, to me. What man could do that, just for a piece of tail? I mean, she is Bimbo with a capital B, but her mother says it was love at first sight for him. He strikes me as someone you might meet at a Star Trek convention...LOL. Oh, and one more thing...he has kind of a lisp or effeiminate way of speaking...what a creep, huh?

All the tacky furnishings in the house, the oversized fountain out front...just trailer trash. Sorry to those who like their double wides, but she is. And I think ultimately she will turn the finger and point it at him, because where else can she point? I know if my two sons had really been murdered this way, you could not get me up and dressed, I would be out of it. I would have to be sedated and I would probably off myself by taking too much, maybe on purpose. She was slinging silly string around in her shorts. Give me a break.

I love your writing, Cowgirl! And I love your statement re "just for a piece of tail". Isn't that the truth. Her and those melons she flaunted were an eye-popping show on TV each night... and always chomping on her huge wad of gum. Totally classless. Totally. I recently went to her site and saw all of the pix she has of herself... she's still in love with the almighty mirror, but apparently she's seeing something I'm missing! I remember listening to national MALE TV anchors who went to interview her in prison and talked about how genuine and sincere she was when talking about her boys... and I would slap myself upside the head and ask WTF! Were they listening to the same Darlie that I was, or had they been blindsided by the melons? Fortunately, I haven't seen her on TV in years.

Cowgirl said:
I don't mean to laugh, Goody, but the mullet alone makes him a nerd...LOL. He may think he is cool, but I find him nerdy as hell myself, and I am 50. Any guy who falls for a bimbo like Darlie in the damn Sizzler steak house is a chump.
LOL! I know but seriously. Look around you. How many of the young guys do you see today would you term as "cool?" Esp by your generation's standards. I tend to think of a nerd as someone who is intelligent, but Darin strikes me as just an Average Joe who is personable enough to make a small business work for awhile. Not a lot of intellect there. and I don't think there was any staying power. Darlie was his trophy wife. We can laugh at that, but we all have a peer group. Theirs just was not the same as yours. Besides, look at how many guys hook up with bimbos today.

And when were mullets popular? In the late 80's? Maybe he was just a late bloomer in 1996.

Goody said:
LOL! I know but seriously. Look around you. How many of the young guys do you see today would you term as "cool?" Esp by your generation's standards. I tend to think of a nerd as someone who is intelligent, but Darin strikes me as just an Average Joe who is personable enough to make a small business work for awhile. Not a lot of intellect there. and I don't think there was any staying power. Darlie was his trophy wife. We can laugh at that, but we all have a peer group. Theirs just was not the same as yours. Besides, look at how many guys hook up with bimbos today.

And when were mullets popular? In the late 80's? Maybe he was just a late bloomer in 1996.
Goody, face it, he's a doofus, and that goes with the D theme.
I don't remember them being called mullets when they were popular, yes in the late 80s. It was just the way guys wore their hair, wasn't called anything. I think he still has a mullet, bless his heart.

beesy said:
Goody, face it, he's a doofus, and that goes with the D theme.
I don't remember them being called mullets when they were popular, yes in the late 80s. It was just the way guys wore their hair, wasn't called anything. I think he still has a mullet, bless his heart.
The last time I saw him on TV, he had a short hair cut but that's been years ago.

I am not so sure that Darin is a doofus, though he might have some doofus in him. Can't argue that. I used to know a guy who said he was just an ol' country boy, didn't know squat about big city things, but that was just his cover. He used that to charm people into a false sense of security so he figure out right quickly who could be trusted and who couldn't. The guy wasn't well educated, couldn't write well, etc, but he knew money like the back of his hand and could look over a contract and point out the weaknesses real fast. He was no fool. Now Darin is nowhere near as smart as the fellow I knew, but he is nowhere near as dumb as some folks like to think he is. I think he was more scared than anything, and that just may explain some of the problems I have with him. One of these days we will have to make a list of the things about Darin that bothers us.

Goody said:
snip...

I am not so sure that Darin is a doofus, though he might have some doofus in him. Can't argue that.
:waitasec: Don't we all? :waitasec:

Goody said:
O, no, Cassatall, not Ms Goody. LOL!
Just so we all know exactly what a doofus is:

Main Entry: doo·fus
Pronunciation: 'dü-f&s, -fis
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural doo·fus·es
/-f&-siz/
Etymology: perhaps alteration of 1
goof
slang : a stupid, incompetent, or foolish person

I see Darin as more of a goof(see below), not stupid or incompetent. He's no genius, more of a wiley(see below) fellow. That and the "D" beginning make doofus a perfect name for Darin.
Main Entry: 1goof
Pronunciation: 'güf
Function: noun
Etymology: probably alteration of English dialect goff (simpleton)
1 : a silly or stupid person

[size=-1]WILY [/size]implies skill and deception in maneuvering <the wily fugitive escaped the posse>

Source: Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Goody said:

Oh, here's a warning...punishment coming...Darin may think he got a trophy wife but he got the boobie prize...LOL...get it? *advertiser censored*...I knew you would groan!

I may be too old to know cool, but my son isn't and he thinks Darin is a drip. Mullets? try the 70's--disco era, remember? Rod Stewart was the last guy who was cool in one, other than hockey players, that is...

The biggest mistake most of us make style-wise is getting stuck in a style that was cool when they were in high school. That is why I tease my hair and wear it in a beehive or a bubble! Ha! Pleated plaid skirt and knee sox with penny loafers...

My son also thinks Darin is gay, but everything is gay if he doesn't like it!

Cowgirl said:
:laugh: :laugh:
Oh, here's a warning...punishment coming...Darin may think he got a trophy wife but he got the boobie prize...LOL...get it? *advertiser censored*...I knew you would groan!
I may be too old to know cool, but my son isn't and he thinks Darin is a drip. Mullets? try the 70's--disco era, remember? Rod Stewart was the last guy who was cool in one, other than hockey players, that is...
No, no, no, as a member of the 80's generation, I can promise you the mullet type 'do was popular in the mid-80's and reached it's peak in the late 80's. If you doubt me, watch Nick at Nite and check out John Stamos' beautiful mullet on "Full House". http://www.tvland.com/nickatnite/shows/fullhouse/
That was not a 70's show(premiered in '87) and since he was considered a "heart-throb", although I never saw much in him at all, certainly he would have the coolest 'do. The other guys did too, but John's was bigger and better(scoff). Rod Stewart may have been the last cool guy with one, but that doesn't mean they weren't in style. Big hair for the girls and mullets for the guys. That's how it was. Looking at my HS photos makes me cringe, but then I realize everybody else looked the same way. We called the people who were still hanging onto the hippie look "throw backs". The classic mullet is big poofy bangs in the front, short hair back to the ears, then about shoulder length in the back. :sick:

Sorry, Beesy, I didn't mean to imply that the Mullet was all over in the seventies, it just started then. For some guys, it will never be over! Stuck in the seventies is just as ugly as stuck in the sixties, to me. And hockey guys still wear mullets. Maybe they will come back in style...heck, bell bottom jeans came back and those are awful!

Cowgirl said:
Sorry, Beesy, I didn't mean to imply that the Mullet was all over in the seventies, it just started then. For some guys, it will never be over! Stuck in the seventies is just as ugly as stuck in the sixties, to me. And hockey guys still wear mullets. Maybe they will come back in style...heck, bell bottom jeans came back and those are awful!
I think we can bet on the beehive 'do not returning, don't ya think? I have noticed some leg warmers out there and torn at the neck shirts!:eek:

Cowgirl said:
I was in my twenties in the 70's and I never heard of a mullet back then. LOL! I lived in LA, too. Are you sure they were a product of the 70's? First I saw of them was in the 80's and that was in Tennessee.

O, I loved my bells. Nothing like them with a pair of sharp western boots and little bolero. How could you hate bellbottoms????

What I hated were the braless tops. One time we were walking down the aisle in a grocery when I turned to ask my sister-n-law a question. She was very well endowed, and one of her *advertiser censored* was above the empire waist seam and the other was below it. I don't know who looked worse in those darned things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties